TSAndrewtst
post Jan 27 2011, 10:55 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

Spartacus - Blood and Sand biggrin.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Anyone facing a bad difficulty playing back of the disc? I having issue on it, sometimes can, sometimes cannot and I still can't playback episode 2. sad.gif

Just tested on disc 1, It trying until all my others BD can't play, I need power off and on back the unit before it play others BD! mad.gif

This post has been edited by Andrewtst: Jan 27 2011, 11:00 PM
Ares187
post Jan 27 2011, 11:00 PM

Regular
1,096 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Very nice bro , thank you for the photo .
Ares187
post Jan 27 2011, 11:04 PM

Regular
1,096 posts

Animated Batman, Scooby-Doo, Tom and Jerry Blu-ray Coming Up

Warner Home Video has announced four animated titles for Blu-ray release on April 5: Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker and the more child-friendly Scooby-Doo: Aloha Scooby-Doo!, Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase and Tom and Jerry: The Fast and the Furry.

Special features include:

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

* Commentary by the filmmakers
* Featurette: Batman Beyond: The Legend Lives
* Animation tests
* Music video: Mephisto Odysey featuring Static X, "Crash"
* Animated Character Bios

Scooby-Doo: Aloha Scooby-Doo!

* Featurette: The Wiki-Tiki Tail of Aloha Scooby Doo!
* An Evening with the Scooby-Doo Gang: cast Q&A

Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase

* Featurette: The Making of Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase
* Music video: Scott Innes, "Scooby and Shaggy Love to Eat"

Tom and Jerry: The Fast and the Furry

* Featurette: Find out about the old days of making sound design right there in the studio with your hands, feet, and some kitchen items
* Set Top Game: Race to the Finish. Tom and Jerry are rivals in this wacky game of cat and mouse as they circle the globe while trying to win the race

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
Ares187
post Jan 27 2011, 11:06 PM

Regular
1,096 posts

Argento’s Cat O’ Nine Tails Blu-ray Coming Up

Blue UndergroundFangoria has the scoop on the next Blu-ray title coming up from Blue Underground. After Deep Red, the independent label will release another Dario Argento film, the 1971 horror thiller The Cat O' Nine Tails, starring James Franciscus and Karl Malden, which has a street date of May 25. It will be transferred from the original uncut camera negative

Special features include:

* "Tales of the Cat": Interviews with Argento, co-writer Dardano Sacchetti and composer Ennio Morricone
* Radio interviews with Franciscus and Malden
* Theatrical trailers
* TV and radio spots

The Cat O' Nine Tails (1971)

Mystery | Thriller | Horror | Crime

A blind man with a talent for solving puzzles teams-up with reporter Carlo Giordani to launch a private investigation into a string of peculiar murders, all of which seem to involve a dubious genetic research facility. The killer soon becomes wise to the duo's plans and will do whatever it takes to stop them from reporting to the police

Attached Image
Ares187
post Jan 27 2011, 11:08 PM

Regular
1,096 posts

Taxi Driver 4K Restoration to Screen in Berlin Ahead of Blu-ray

In February, the Berlin Film Festival will screen a 4K digital restoration of Martin Scorsese's cult film Taxi Driver. Writer and director Paul Schrader, who wrote the screenplay for the movie, will present the restored version at the world premiere in Berlin together with Grover Crisp, senior VP for restoration and mastering of Sony Pictures. A Blu-ray release has not been formally announced yet, although a German release is slated for April.

During restoration, the original 35mm negative was scanned at 4K resolution. Grover Crisp managed all facets of the digital restoration of this Columbia Pictures release. A Barco projector will make it possible to show the film in 4K quality.

Leading actor Robert De Niro and director Martin Scorsese made film history with the story surrounding a solitary taxi driver who wants to clean up the dirt of the big city. Travis Bickle (Robert De Niro), an emotionally unstable Vietnam veteran who suffers from insomnia, cruises aimlessly around the city every night. He witnesses a world where violence and brutality reign. One day Bickle buys some weapons. He is determined to take the law into his own hands.

Among other awards, Taxi Driver received four Oscar nominations and won the Cannes Golden Palm in 1976.

Taxi Driver (1976)

Drama | Thriller

A mentally unstable Vietnam war veteran works as nighttime taxi driver in a city whose perceived decadence and sleaze feeds his urge to violently lash out, attempting to save a teenage prostitute in the process.

Attached Image
bobtahar
post Jan 27 2011, 11:18 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

Just received my 1st time order from Amazon UK... band of Brother steelbook... the shipping is fast... 9 days thumbup.gif

BTW congatulation on v11... been following since v9 thumbup.gif
TSAndrewtst
post Jan 27 2011, 11:21 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(Ares187 @ Jan 27 2011, 11:00 PM)

Very nice bro , thank you for the photo .
You're most welcome smile.gif
nazmanson
post Jan 27 2011, 11:25 PM

Smell Like Teen Spirit
1,275 posts

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Jan 27 2011, 10:55 PM)

Anyone facing a bad difficulty playing back of the disc? I having issue on it, sometimes can, sometimes cannot and I still can't playback episode 2. sad.gif

Just tested on disc 1, It trying until all my others BD can't play, I need power off and on back the unit before it play others BD! mad.gif
I had the same problem with my Let The Right One In (Reissue) from amazon.uk doh.gif Also confused rclxub.gif whether the disc or my player going to die on me sweat.gif
maskedchan
post Jan 27 2011, 11:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,022 posts

come..borrow me test laugh.gif
TSAndrewtst
post Jan 27 2011, 11:30 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(nazmanson @ Jan 27 2011, 11:25 PM)
I had the same problem with my Let The Right One In (Reissue) from amazon.uk  doh.gif Also confused  rclxub.gif whether the disc or my player going to die on me  sweat.gif
I am going to bring back my "Spartacus - Blood and Sand" to see whether it is playable at my Sony S370 BD player or not, in my Samsung BD-C5500 it is considered non playable.

You mean your reissue of "Let The Right One In" also same unplayable as well?

Added on January 27, 2011, 11:32 pm
QUOTE(maskedchan @ Jan 27 2011, 11:29 PM)
come..borrow me test  laugh.gif
Ha! Ha! I think you stay too far away than me tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Andrewtst: Jan 27 2011, 11:32 PM
Ares187
post Jan 27 2011, 11:40 PM

Regular
1,096 posts

Become a Fan

You can now become a fan of any movie, director or actor in the Blu-ray database. The Blu-ray movies in your collection say something about what Blu-ray releases you like, but by becoming a fan of a movie/actor/director you state that it's one of your favorite movies/actors/directors, which is a much stronger statement than simply having a title in your collection. Please note that by becoming a fan of a movie, you are a fan of the actual movie and not a specific Blu-ray release.

Besides building a list of your own favorite movies and directors/actors, you will be able to see how many fans a movie or director/actor have and the members who are fans of them. The site system will also use the fan lists to highlight popular movies/directors/actors and to recommend other movies/directors/actors to you that you are highly likely to also like.

Please note that the fan counts are not updated in real-time.

Other upgrades

* A "My favorites" link has been added to the "My Blu-ray.com" menu.
* The "My Blu-ray.com" section has been improved with a better menu system to make it easier to navigate and jump to the forums.

nazmanson
post Jan 27 2011, 11:41 PM

Smell Like Teen Spirit
1,275 posts

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Jan 27 2011, 11:30 PM)
I am going to bring back my "Spartacus - Blood and Sand" to see whether it is playable at my Sony S370 BD player or not, in my Samsung BD-C5500 it is considered non playable.

You mean your reissue of "Let The Right One In" also same unplayable as well?

Added on January 27, 2011, 11:32 pm

Yup the first time I tried to play the disc, it took too long to load and then the player states unrecognized disc, I on/off player try loading again ok. I watched the movie half way and tried to continue the next day encounter the same problem but solve it by doing the on/off thing doh.gif Still haven't got time to complain to amazon.uk
sKyWiR3pT3lTd
post Jan 27 2011, 11:44 PM

Spirits Of Shankly
6,059 posts

Its worth for the movie itself , the collection looks authentic and elegant. I can see a collector you are.

I noticed the new feature this morning. Gonna check out what is it about.

This post has been edited by sKyWiR3pT3lTd: Jan 27 2011, 11:45 PM
nazmanson
post Jan 27 2011, 11:53 PM

Smell Like Teen Spirit
1,275 posts

QUOTE(sKyWiR3pT3lTd @ Jan 27 2011, 06:19 PM)
Finally bro, after so much of hassle and the wait which was longer than expected.
I'm looking forward for another Criterion Collection sales this year.

Missed some last year, gotta get those this year..
Don't forget me if there is another sale smile.gif
sKyWiR3pT3lTd
post Jan 28 2011, 12:10 AM

Spirits Of Shankly
6,059 posts

QUOTE(nazmanson @ Jan 27 2011, 11:53 PM)
Don't forget me if there is another sale  smile.gif
Will update here definitely. Btw..

I have a list of movies & TV Series that i watched years ago , that i would like to see them released on Blu-ray. The list goes as following :-
  • Batteries Not Included
  • Copycat
  • Brainstorm
  • The Six Million Dollar Man [TV]
  • Chips [TV]
  • The Bionic Woman [TV]
  • 21 Jump Streets [TV]
  • Miami Vice [TV]
  • Hawaii O Five [1968] [TV]
  • Mind Your Language [TV]
  • A-Team [TV]
  • The Greatest American Hero [TV]
  • Friends
  • Little Britain [BBC] [TV]
  • Hollyoaks : In The City [TV]
  • Romance [French]
  • Yamakasi

If you have any TV series or movies that has not been released on Blu-ray, you may list it down.

fadthil
post Jan 28 2011, 12:12 AM

i'M sTaR-StRuCk!
2,305 posts

Looks like an isolated case of a bad-authored disc... why dontcha check other forums (UK maybe) about this issue; maybe can find solution or etc. hmm.gif
TSAndrewtst
post Jan 28 2011, 12:29 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(nazmanson @ Jan 27 2011, 11:41 PM)
Yup the first time I tried to play the disc, it took too long to load and then the player states unrecognized disc, I on/off player try loading again ok. I watched the movie half way and tried to continue the next day encounter the same problem but solve it by doing the on/off thing  doh.gif Still haven't got time to complain to amazon.uk
My Spartacus also like that, hmmm.. lastly success play episode 2. Another 2 episodes is ok and 2nd disc is ok. hmmmm.....

Added on January 28, 2011, 12:32 am
QUOTE(fadthil @ Jan 28 2011, 12:12 AM)
Looks like an isolated case of a bad-authored disc... why dontcha check other forums (UK maybe) about this issue; maybe can find solution or etc.  hmm.gif
No idea on it, I keep trying and trying and suddenly I can play the 2nd episode in disc 1, hope all others disc is ok, if others ok, then let it be...... My spartacus is region A - US edition.

This post has been edited by Andrewtst: Jan 28 2011, 12:33 AM
wiNd
post Jan 28 2011, 12:39 AM

I'm watching you
12,683 posts

QUOTE(nazmanson @ Jan 27 2011, 11:41 PM)
Yup the first time I tried to play the disc, it took too long to load and then the player states unrecognized disc, I on/off player try loading again ok. I watched the movie half way and tried to continue the next day encounter the same problem but solve it by doing the on/off thing  doh.gif Still haven't got time to complain to amazon.uk
i think its something to do with BD LIVE

same thing with Alien Antho, first time insert disc, the screen is dark for quite some time

i guess some data need to be install into the player or loading data from the net (find wifi, connect wifi, dload/upload data)

after the initial play, everything is fine.

so, i dont think its disc prob..
TSAndrewtst
post Jan 28 2011, 12:42 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(sKyWiR3pT3lTd @ Jan 27 2011, 11:44 PM)

Its worth for the movie itself , the collection looks authentic and elegant. I can see a collector you are.
biggrin.gif and "The Sound of Music" PQ is crazy great! I never seen such crazy sharp, clear version of the sound of music before! The SQ is also blazingly crazy! WOW!

116 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0376sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:33 AM