Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> blogger sued by fish head curry restaurant, Do I see the end of thegutterfood too? (News)

views

happy4ever
post Jan 26 2011, 06:45 PM

(✿◠‿◠) Queen of Love ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
7,194 posts

QUOTE(treblecase @ Jan 26 2011, 06:20 PM)
So if this case goes on and somehow, no matter how preposterous the mamak managed to win, it'll open up a can of worms and soon enough everyone will sue if you give bad comment.

No difference from a communist country then.
Even if the mamak win, the case can still be appealed and counter sued.

Communist country too has laws for this. It aint that bad. Communism in its ideal form is for the good of the community in communal living.
Klesk
post Jan 26 2011, 06:50 PM

3,437 posts

lol Huai Bin, this guy is no stranger to controversies, he was very femes for his meth dragon days back in 2005
shahalamanon
post Jan 26 2011, 06:55 PM

0 posts

Here are the comments originally posted to the blog, extracted from the Google cache link I posted earlier.

35 Responses to “Jothy's Fish Head Curry Banana Leaf Restaurant”

1. WEEN says:
May 9, 2010 at 10:07 pm

poor jothy. hopefully they reinvent their food. would hate to see a business go away and people lose their jobs. did you at least try the banana leaf?

2. chrisblitz says:
May 9, 2010 at 11:06 pm

The meat is more like hay in a needlestack haha. This type of restaurant we call budget popular. Duno got wat nonsense title pasted around but lousy food.

3. Huai Bin says:
May 9, 2010 at 11:15 pm

WEEN: It’s in the middle of KK city, gotta be a tourist trap. Crap.
Yeah, we ate everything. I couldn’t finish it though.
Verdict: Bad.
Just being honest here. :)
chrisblitz: HAHA! Very apt analogy! I take my hat off. :)
Yeah, but surprisingly, it was recommended by Lonely Planet, which I tend to trust, kinda, sorta.
It’s not even budget! The meal was damn expensive. :(

4. chefmel says:
May 9, 2010 at 11:25 pm

Haha this is like Chong Choon Sarawak laksa (i’m sure you’ve heard of it!). Extremely overrated – makes me pissed when people put that in travel logs!

5. Erica says:
May 9, 2010 at 11:54 pm

HB, too bad your meal was not you expect of it. That the way it goes sometime. I did find still interesting of Malaysian food and serve on banana leaves. Enjoyed still this entry.

6. Huai Bin says:
May 10, 2010 at 12:07 am

chefmel: Haha! Yeah, I know what you’re talking about. I still think the best Sarawak Laksa is at Golden Arches. Locals go there, and it’s not that well known to people not from Sarawak. :)
Just like Sibu, we have hidden gems like Monkey kampua which non-locals would never think of going in. :)
Erica: Oh, we have great banana leaf in KL. Just not in KK. :)
This was extremally disappointing coz they didn’t set the right expectations. :)

7. ah nel says:
May 10, 2010 at 12:11 am

jail serve tastier food i guess…

8. Simon Seow says:
May 10, 2010 at 1:16 am

Hmm..It’s been a while I haven’t had banana leaf rice. Maybe I’ll drop by SS14.

9. Elsa says:
May 10, 2010 at 1:21 am

Huai Bin, you are still in KK? Yep, Jothy is overrated but I didn’t expect it’s is that bad. Went twice, food were average. Krishna is the best by far.

10. chrisblitz says:
May 10, 2010 at 3:24 am

haha yea, overpriced! I’ve tried a popular roadside mamak fish head curry in KL called Anuars. Thats really good meat off the cheeks and wont cost u as much. Maybe u wanna check it out someday.

11. Leif says:
May 10, 2010 at 3:25 am

Dude, I have to say this… Indian food in East Malaysia is bad. The best is, to avoid it. U cant get expect the same as in KL.

12. Huai Bin says:
May 10, 2010 at 8:56 am

ah nel: Oh, I would definately rate this as better than jail food. Jail food is horrible. Prison food is slightly better. :)
Simon Seow: The one is Bangsar is pretty good too! :)
Elsa: Nope, I went there last month (or was it the month before?). Perhaps I went on a bad day coz the food is horrible. :(
Especially after the high expectations set by the Lonely Planet sticker.
Thanks for the tip about Krishna! :)
chrisblitz: Nice! Where is the place? :)
Leif: Yup, agree on that account – Indian food over here is much better than in East Malaysia. Sri Shan in Kuching is not bad though. :)

13. Jerine says:
May 10, 2010 at 9:43 am

I see fat girl in the photo!

14. eiling says:
May 10, 2010 at 10:14 am

wah bad publicity for Jothy’s! haha… will definitely skip this!

15. rocket says:
May 10, 2010 at 10:24 am

Dude, why is somebody else doing your laundry? You don’t have a washing machine? Poor HB.
Anyway, what’s with the fish head, did you complain to the restaurant? Eh abang, cannot find ikan lah, lu mao cari. susah cari leh, macam cari g-spot lah. ha ha
Running a business is actually not difficult but takes a lot of discipline. that’s where most people fails. They makes 5,000 a month and spends 7,000. Not that the business is bad, they just can’t handle the cashflow.

16. Tey Cindy says:
May 10, 2010 at 10:38 am

geess~ Jothy has OCD or what? y their “sam pui” arrange until so neat one? lols

17. Huai Bin says:
May 10, 2010 at 10:48 am

Jerine: Where?
eiling: Haha! Seriously, it’s bad. I’ve been eating good food in KK so on the very last day and the very last meal, to eat this before flying back was very potong stim. :)
rocket: Nope, my studio unit is pre-furnished, it’s a serviced apartment so it can’t fit a washing machine. It’s only 500 sq feet.
It was the VERY LAST curry fish head actually. I don’t know how many they actually cook. :)
Tey Cindy: Haha! It’s the waiter who’s good in doing that. Damn pro, very nice scoops and neat too! :)

18. chrisblitz says:
May 10, 2010 at 10:54 am

http://masak-masak.blogspot.com/2008/04/an...ky-gardens.html

19. Huai Bin says:
May 10, 2010 at 10:57 am

chrisblitz: Thanks! Bangsar…pretty close to where I live. :)

20. gypsy-on-the-move says:
May 10, 2010 at 11:12 am

You actually went to Jothy’s?? eekz! it’s expensive and it’s meant to be for clueless tourists. =(
I prefer Krishna’s Fish Head Curry House at Donggongon!

21. Jairo says:
May 10, 2010 at 11:45 am

arrgghh jothy? u shouldn’t got there!!!! that place suck!!! best fish head curry.. u should try Khisnha fish head curry… got a few branches in kk…

22. Huai Bin says:
May 10, 2010 at 11:48 am

gypsy-on-the-move: Yeah, it’s a tourist trap…and Kevin (my friend) told me about this Lonely Planet scandal so I shall not be so trusting about the brand anymore. :(
Jairo: I totally agree…the fish head is horrible and it’s not fresh either, which is a sin in KK since there’s fresh fish everywhere.
Yup, shall check out Krishna next time! :)

23. KY says:
May 10, 2010 at 12:29 pm

yah the shop being so empty should be a cause for concern. hehe

24. shimmers999 says:
May 10, 2010 at 1:13 pm

i think i saw this place when i was in KK, it’s behind Marina Court right? next to Central Point?
anyway, we didn’t go there as we didn’t want to go all the way to KK just to eat banana leaf rice (which we can easily get it here in Penang)…. so we went to The Place, i believe its few doors down from Jothy’s…. lovely filipino food! yummers…. (will blog about it .. soon…err… i.. promise.. heheh)

25. suituapui says:
May 10, 2010 at 1:14 pm

Coming back to Sibu? Drop by my place. I’ll cook you fish head curry that can rival Sheraton’s!!! Yums! LOL!!!

26. Huai Bin says:
May 10, 2010 at 3:42 pm

KY: Heh! Yeah, one of the dead giveaways. :)
shimmers999: Yup! It’s in Api Api Center, next to Center Point. :)
Heh! Okay, can’t wait to read it! It must have been better than this Jothy place.
suituapui: Nice! Thanks for the offer, I will DEFINATELY take you up on it. :)

27. Casley says:
May 11, 2010 at 10:57 am

LOL!!! u even heard crickets chirping.. after reading this entry, i wont dine in this restaurant if i go to kk.. xD

28. jonny123 says:
May 11, 2010 at 12:18 pm

what age did u move out of yer parents house and why?

29. Huai Bin says:
May 11, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Casley: Yeah, I would seriously urge you not to go to this one. It’s horrible. :)
jonny123: Hmm…technically I went to NZ at 15 years old, to study. I work outside of Sibu so it’s been a while. I still have my own bedroom though, as do my sister, for when we go back.
Now that’s family for you. :)

30. Dommon says:
May 11, 2010 at 8:22 pm

HB…
Jothy’s used to be good and packed in years past! The wife is the Chef! The guy in green in 2nd pix is the husband aka owner.
My last meal there was 4 years ago when I got a diarrhoea after having their side vegs. Turned out one of the vegs was already stale!
Krishna’s would be your best bet for a decent fish head curry in KK. Located at Millennium Plaza. Usually packed too and the owner is a KLian married to a local. The owner is funny too when he announced to all diners, “I have to go home now because my wife asks me to wash and hang all the dirty clothes!” …lmao!

31. Dommon says:
May 11, 2010 at 8:23 pm

HB…
Jothy’s used to be good and packed in years past! The wife is the Chef! The guy in green in 2nd pix is the husband aka owner.
My last meal there was 4 years ago when I got a bout of diarrhoea after having their side vegs. Turned out one of the vegs was already stale!
Krishna’s would be your best bet for a decent fish head curry in KK. Located at Millennium Plaza. Usually packed too and the owner is a KLian married to a local. The owner is funny too when he announced to all diners, “I have to go home now because my wife asks me to wash and hang all the dirty clothes!” …lmao!

32. jonny123 says:
May 12, 2010 at 6:06 am

why did u get a job in sibu instead of your home city?

33. Huai Bin says:
May 12, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Dommon: Hey, thanks for the information! :)
Alas, it has seen better days as the food is horrible nowadays. They must have gotten the sticker during the glory days. ;)
Thanks for the tip regarding Krishna! :)
jonny123: My hometown is Sibu. It’s not even a city so I don’t exactly enjoy living there (perhaps when I have kids) and jobs in the line that I like are non existant. :)

34. Chin says:
November 29, 2010 at 12:31 pm

f*** u all sarawakien *******!!!!

35. Marcio Torino says:
January 26, 2011 at 6:45 am

Just read in the papers that you and Google are being sued by Jothy’s for defamation. But in reality where is the freedom of speech. Jothy’s should take your comments like a gentlemen and improve. Anyway the food at Jothy’s really sucks and pricey.
alanyuppie
post Jan 26 2011, 06:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,693 posts

I stopped after I read "I swear I can hear crickets chirping".

cant bear to read the level of exagerration and abuse of the sacred swear.

utar_boy
post Jan 26 2011, 07:01 PM

Getting Started
127 posts

so, we go restaurent, eat already, not sastified, write somethnig about it, then we get sued?

next time watch movie write review also sue la.

anything also sue lol
KannaSai1
post Jan 26 2011, 07:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,933 posts

for RM6mil ? if McD or KFC still understand.

this kapalang banana leaf worth so much ?

KannaSai1
post Jan 26 2011, 07:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,933 posts

user posted image

Wow! so happening place....

lonely planet is the crap! how much the little jothi pay for the ad?
automan5891
post Jan 26 2011, 07:07 PM

16 posts

If it's true how can be defamation? lolz.
munak991
post Jan 26 2011, 07:08 PM

ZONIC!
2,603 posts

call this restorant go dai
treblecase
post Jan 26 2011, 07:12 PM

IHI
703 posts

I hope someone will make this viral and let this jothy owner know what just happened when he decides to sue. From maybe a few hundred who read the blog, now millions!
shahalamanon
post Jan 26 2011, 07:15 PM

0 posts

Here it is again. Plain text (for Google indexing), and images are hosted independently on ImageShack

Jothy's Fish Head Curry Banana Leaf Restaurant

May 09 2010

a.k.a. The Worst Fish Head Curry and Banana Leaf Restaurant in the Known Universe

user posted image

Jothy’s Fish Head Curry Banana Leaf Restaurant is located in Api Api Center in KK, Sabah and has a lot of
impressive stickers on its front window facade, including one that says “as seen in Lonely Planet”, which was the reason
we headed there to eat in the first place. I place a certain amount of trust in the Lonely Planet brand.

user posted image

The first clue that it might not exactly be the best place to eat when we walked in is the underwhelming crowd in the
restaurant. We were the only ones there. I swear I could hear crickets chirping.

user posted image

Their banana leaf rice seems authentic enough…

user posted image

…but the taste did not live up to expectations. I tried every single one of the side serves and found them severely
wanting.

user posted image

Their flagship signature dish – the curry fish head – was tough, overcooked and dry. It’s certainly not “the freshest fish
head from the market”.

user posted image

I don’t know what kind of fish this head came from but finding meat is like looking for a needle in a haystack (or insert
other cliched analogy here since there are a lot of fish bones in there).

user posted image

The fried prawns were not “succulent” as the menu claimed, but tough. I’m also highly doubtful about the “choice fish
eggs fried to perfection” description as our fish roe had the same taste and texture of cardboard (not that I’ve ever eaten
cardboard – it’s what I imagine cardboard would taste like).

user posted image

I find this unforgivable in a place known for it’s abundance of seafood. The bill was exorbitant too – the fish head curry
alone was RM 50.

user posted image

It’s a tourist trap. Avoid it like a bad case of herpes.
toughnut
post Jan 26 2011, 07:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,239 posts

i lose appetite looking at all the photos....except for the girl
Syaz1
post Jan 26 2011, 07:22 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(utar_boy @ Jan 26 2011, 07:01 PM)
so, we go restaurent, eat already, not sastified, write somethnig about it, then we get sued?

next time watch movie write review also sue la.

anything also sue lol
oredi happening in video games review. i remember got one critic kena fired under pressure by publisher becoz bad review for kane and lynch.

QUOTE(toughnut @ Jan 26 2011, 07:17 PM)
i lose appetite looking at all the photos....except for the girl
girl appetizing, food not.

dattebayo
post Jan 26 2011, 07:35 PM

simpan kulit yg berkulup
4,909 posts

lolz.. interlock are sure with lulz
Robin Hood
post Jan 26 2011, 07:52 PM

Getting Started
283 posts

QUOTE(happy4ever @ Jan 26 2011, 04:10 PM)
Updated Pics for easier viewing since ori site cannot load.

May 09 2010

Jothy's Fish Head Curry Banana Leaf Restaurant
user posted image

this place located at api-api, foods there taste like shit sumore expensive, they only trap tourists i suppose, but if u came from west malaysia, this place shouldnt be in your list..
robertlee
post Jan 26 2011, 07:53 PM

Casual
319 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

yuck. Like this also cannot beat the SS2 one.

I support the blogger .

This post has been edited by robertlee: Jan 26 2011, 07:54 PM
jinkinz
post Jan 26 2011, 07:58 PM

♥HIEK!my name is BOXXY!♥
1,161 posts

how possible the shop owner sue the blogger?
how it taste is subjective unless the blogger claim someting which is not true , like their curry got use something which is not healthy or hygiene and stuff.

b3ta
post Jan 26 2011, 07:58 PM

responsible poster stormtrooper
685 posts

indian dono how to cook fish head curry la

this is the chinese fish head curry from semenyih is gooding

user posted image
Alvinleong
post Jan 26 2011, 07:59 PM

3 posts

Dear all,

Look at the name of the lawyer in the report and Google his (full) name.
madza111
post Jan 26 2011, 08:00 PM

7 posts

do u know kennysia.com?

he is one of the blogger that always say good things
never say bad things
so, by shutting down good blogger like sixthseal will make
those like kennysia famous and no other blog can fight with them

i hate this world

not fair.......

why i cannot make a bad review for a certain shop
that means malaysia still can accept peoples opinion