Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi laptop cant detect my unifi wireless connection

views

TSjiancjh
post Jan 12 2011, 07:05 PM, updated 14y ago

19 posts

Hey guys,
just installed unifi.
problem is my laptop can't detect the wireless connection.
i can detect other wireless connection, but not my unifi.
my bro has a laptop too, and he was able to detect the unifi connection.

please advise, I tried updating my wireless network driver too, didn't work.
im running on Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG.
Windows 7.

=( i need my internet.
codebreaker
post Jan 12 2011, 07:20 PM

Getting Started
71 posts

i think ur laptop can't detect cuz ur device wireless can't support mode N..
TSjiancjh
post Jan 12 2011, 07:37 PM

19 posts

hey thanks for the reply, but i've set my router to mix settings b/g

Added on January 12, 2011, 8:06 pmstill canyt detect

This post has been edited by jiancjh: Jan 12 2011, 08:06 PM
lwk523
post Jan 12 2011, 08:38 PM

Premium Q Trader
1,036 posts

what channel that u used now ? try use channel below than 11 ... wink.gif

This post has been edited by lwk523: Jan 12 2011, 08:39 PM
andykow
post Feb 17 2011, 03:08 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

QUOTE(lwk523 @ Jan 12 2011, 08:38 PM)
Yup change the Wireless channel. I had to change mine to 6 before my 2 laptops could find the Wifi. Default was 8.
ubeyou
post Feb 17 2011, 04:43 PM

DreamX
689 posts

will there any performance dropped if i use lower channel?
narf03
post Feb 17 2011, 10:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,544 posts

did you turned the wifi in your router off ?

did you configured your SSID to be hidden ?

is your router hanged ? restart it.
kazarboys
post Feb 20 2011, 11:52 AM

On my way
537 posts

there is 1 option to connect.
i think is connect wireless anyway althought nt broadcast
flyguy
post Feb 21 2011, 01:08 PM

Getting Started
222 posts

change ur wifi channel to 6. then ok dy
antaeusguy
post Mar 26 2011, 10:51 PM

Getting Started
209 posts

I am also facing the same problem.

Connected using Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection.
Windows 7.

Changed wifi channel on the Intel Network Connection to 6 but still can't detect any Unifi connection....

All others laptops/iPhones in my house can detect it, except mine.
seedohbehlei
post Apr 24 2011, 02:40 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

QUOTE(antaeusguy @ Mar 26 2011, 10:51 PM)
I am also facing the same problem.

Connected using IntelĀ® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection.
Windows 7.

Changed wifi channel on the Intel Network Connection to 6 but still can't detect any Unifi connection....

All others laptops/iPhones in my house can detect it, except mine.
I experienced the same issue with my work laptop after I updated my Windows 7 via Windows Update recently.
My work laptop used to work fine wirelessly at home before this update. Then all of a sudden, it was unable to detect my home unifi wireless but all my neighbours' networks appear in the list.

Here's the solution:

1) Use a LAN cable to connect your computer to your router or use a friend's PC who could access your wireless network. Or if your smartphone could detect your wi-fi acess, use the phone to do this.
2) Log in to your D-Link control panel via 192.168.0.1 in your browser. Enter username as "admin", password leave blank. Click on Login button.
3) Go to Wireless Setup on your left hand panel.
4) Go to Manual Wireless Connection Options section, click on the Manual Wireless Connection Setup button.
5) Go to Wireless Network Global Settings, un-check the Enable Auto Channel Selection option.
6) Change the Wireless Channel to 11.
7) Save the settings. Restart your computer, and then magically, you could reuse your wireless unifi connection again!

thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by seedohbehlei: Apr 27 2014, 10:43 AM
mm310
post Jun 22 2011, 04:48 PM

Getting Started
93 posts

QUOTE(seedohbehlei @ Apr 24 2011, 02:40 PM)
I experienced the same issue with my work laptop after I updated my Windows 7 via Windows Update recently.
My work laptop used to work fine wirelessly at home before this update. Then all of a sudden, it was unable to detect my home unifi wireless but all my neighbours' networks appear in the list.

Here's the solution:

1) Use a LAN cable to connect your computer to your router or use a friend's PC who could access your wireless network.
2) Log in to your D-Link control panel via 192.168.0.1 in your browser. Enter username as "admin", password leave blank. Click on Login button.
4) Go to Manual Wireless Connection Options section, click on the Manual Wireless Connection Setup button.
5) Go to Wireless Network Global Settings, un-check the Enable Auto Channel Selection option.
7) Save the settings. Restart your computer, and then magically, you could reuse your wireless unifi connection again!

thumbup.gif
It works. Many thanks.
elismel
post Jun 23 2011, 11:11 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(mm310 @ Jun 22 2011, 04:48 PM)
It works. Many thanks.
thanks for the help, solved mine!!!

This post has been edited by elismel: Jun 23 2011, 11:48 PM
RAMChYLD
post Jun 24 2011, 02:28 PM

Regular
1,715 posts

I also had that problem. Started when my neighbors also installed UniFi. Solved it by moving the channel to 6.

It seems that all the routers also default to the same channel until it causes interference. It also seems to be very laptop specific. I.e. not an issue for newer BGN laptops, but an issue for older BG-only laptops.

This post has been edited by RAMChYLD: Jun 24 2011, 02:30 PM
jolmy
post Jun 24 2011, 10:06 PM

Meow
1,180 posts

QUOTE(RAMChYLD @ Jun 24 2011, 02:28 PM)
I also had that problem. Started when my neighbors also installed UniFi. Solved it by moving the channel to 6.

It seems that all the routers also default to the same channel until it causes interference. It also seems to be very laptop specific. I.e. not an issue for newer BGN laptops, but an issue for older BG-only laptops.
Install inSSIDer software on your laptop. Open the program and see which channel is least used, then change your WiFi channel to the one least used.
imin
post Jul 20 2011, 03:28 PM

Enthusiast
814 posts

Here's the solution:

1) Use a LAN cable to connect your computer to your router or use a friend's PC who could access your wireless network.

thumbup.gif
many thanks. helped me.
tyco78
post Sep 5 2011, 11:04 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(flyguy @ Feb 21 2011, 01:08 PM)
change ur wifi channel to 6. then ok dy
its work.. thanks
soccer123fan
post Oct 12 2011, 01:30 AM

5 posts

Here's the solution:

thumbup.gif
thanks bro! i spent almost 3 hrs to solve this. googling around to get the solution but none help except yours. apparently my neighbor just installed unifi and suddenly when i came home from work, i dont have wifi access anymore. only my laptop in the house cannot find our unifi router. following your steps, i found that the channel has been changed to 13 which my laptop doesnt has (4 years old laptop). change it back to 11 and it works just fine!! icon_idea.gif thumbup.gif rclxms.gif icon_rolleyes.gif notworthy.gif rclxm9.gif
mccrutch
post Nov 22 2011, 09:43 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(lwk523 @ Jan 12 2011, 08:38 PM)
thanks so much!!!
you solved my problem

wii and se x8 finally connected

rclxms.gif

breakdown47500
post Nov 29 2011, 08:42 PM

23 posts

Hi guys,

I am currently having this problem as well.

The username and password given is wrong though. What should I do if that is the case?

Rest the router or best to call Unifi?
mitodna
post Nov 30 2011, 01:27 AM

Getting Started
All Stars
14,033 posts

unifi default password is the digit below the modem, assume it is the D-Link DIR-615 G2
breakdown47500
post Nov 30 2011, 11:02 AM

23 posts

Ā  "unifi default password is the digit below the modem, assume it is the D-Link DIR-615 G2"

so the username is still admin and the password is
D-Link DIR-615 G2"?? Password all in capital?

I also do not remember changing my username and password for the login, don't know why the default username and password cannot work.

Appreciate your help guys!
mitodna
post Nov 30 2011, 01:37 PM

Getting Started
All Stars
14,033 posts

QUOTE(breakdown47500 @ Nov 30 2011, 11:02 AM)
Ā  "unifi default password is the digit below the modem, assume it is the D-Link DIR-615 G2"

so the username is still admin and the password is
D-Link DIR-615 G2"?? Password all in capital?

I also do not remember changing my username and password for the login, don't know why the default username and password cannot work.

Appreciate your help guys!
sorry, the password is blank, i mean the SSID was the digit on the sticker
breakdown47500
post Nov 30 2011, 10:07 PM

23 posts

Thanks alot guys. Manage to solve it.

Apparently my password was telekom

Here is a link for some passwords for Unifi users if the usual admin, no password combo does not work.

http://www.abinesh.com/delirium/posts/unifi-router-log-in/
ShopaholicAngel
post Jan 23 2012, 08:34 PM

6 posts

Here's the solution:

thumbup.gif
many thanks
dnth
post Jan 31 2012, 09:30 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

hi, what is the effect of changing the wireless channel to 11 instead of 13 ?
thanks!
toobad
post Jan 31 2012, 09:46 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

hey guys,

I am having some difficulty changing my wifi password.

Go into setup page, manual wireless configuration, generate new ID.
On the page itself, it shows a new ID that has been generated, then I disconnect and reconnect, it only accepts the default password, instead of the new one.

whats the problme?

Using the router given by TM btw, DIR 615

This post has been edited by toobad: Jan 31 2012, 09:47 PM
dnth
post Jan 31 2012, 09:50 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

QUOTE(toobad @ Jan 31 2012, 09:46 PM)
hey guys,

I am having some difficulty changing my wifi password.

Go into setup page, manual wireless configuration, generate new ID.
On the page itself, it shows a new ID that has been generated, then I disconnect and reconnect, it only accepts the default password, instead of the new one.

whats the problme?

Using the router given by TM btw, DIR 615
get to the bottom of the page. there is a box for you to edit the password. Edit in the box. And that will be your new password thumbup.gif
toobad
post Jan 31 2012, 10:03 PM

Getting Started
291 posts

QUOTE(dnth @ Jan 31 2012, 09:50 PM)
get to the bottom of the page. there is a box for you to edit the password. Edit in the box. And that will be your new password  thumbup.gif
HOLLYYYY SHITT, how come i didnt notice that, thanks!!

btw what is the generate new ID for?
StatixX
post Feb 13 2012, 04:31 PM

Getting Started
100 posts

Hi there...
i just installed unifi VIP 5...
as i check under my internet settings my IPv4 Connectivity its stated Internet and IPv6 connectivity its stated no internet access...
I am able to connect to the net using my laptop but when i use my galaxy note i am able to be connected bt i cant access the net....please help...
eikozai
post Feb 16 2012, 09:55 PM

1,115 posts

Here's the solution:

thumbup.gif
Hey man, it works for me in the first attemp. Thank you very much for such a good information sharing!!
chikit
post Mar 1 2012, 11:42 PM

2 posts

It works for me too, many thanks
spangofashion
post Mar 2 2012, 11:18 PM

31 posts

my pc is vista which i cannot connect to the unifi. I have changed the setting for the wireless according to the TM instruction but it still not working. Can any one help me on this?
WaCKy-Angel
post Mar 2 2012, 11:19 PM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,509 posts

Here's the solution:

thumbup.gif
QUOTE(spangofashion @ Mar 2 2012, 11:18 PM)
my pc is vista which i cannot connect to the unifi. I have changed the setting for the wireless according to the TM instruction but it still not working. Can any one help me on this?
do that
spangofashion
post Mar 2 2012, 11:25 PM

31 posts

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Mar 2 2012, 11:19 PM)
do that
i did it, but still cannot connect!
ahhoe80
post Apr 16 2012, 04:52 PM

Casual
404 posts

Here's the solution:

thumbup.gif
u sir.. win the internetz!!!! fantastic solution! thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
fluotone
post Jun 4 2012, 12:37 AM

street.cat.tales
2,623 posts

thanks it works smile.gif
apO?
post Jun 11 2012, 12:47 PM

22 posts

Dude, the solution helps Thanks a lot!!
SR21Pinks
post Jun 24 2012, 09:53 PM

27 posts

It helps alot , thank you so much for the steps !
80flies
post Jun 26 2012, 06:08 PM

4 posts

Y i cant log in via 192.168.0.1? does it matter if i log into dlink support?
Y is it da wireless channel still the same after i save the changes?
Nuke
post Jun 27 2012, 09:52 PM

Getting Started
251 posts

Guys, I have issue with my Intel PROSet/Wireless Wifi Connection utility. It can detect my Unifi connection but cannot connect to it. It showing "authentication process to connect to the network has not been started".

When i click on my unifi connection it prompt to key in "Device ownership password". I key-in the router password but still cannot connect. the password is correct since i use it in my mobile wifi connection.

I can connect to my unifi using Windows Wifi connection. Any idea?
ellisloke
post Jul 28 2012, 12:08 AM

0 posts

Here's the solution:

thumbup.gif
it worked like magic.. thanks!! rclxms.gif
dawood
post Jul 29 2012, 01:22 PM

On my way
529 posts

You can call Unifi if you did not change any username or password before.

If you have changed the username and password, don't think Unifi supports would know that, in that case you will need to reset the router and reconfigure everything again.

Hope this helps.
spawn7
post Aug 14 2012, 02:56 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(seedohbehlei @ Apr 24 2011, 03:40 PM)

Here's the solution:

thumbup.gif
Many thanks!! It worked for me too smile.gif
misz_mai
post Aug 24 2012, 11:38 PM

1 posts

Here's the solution:

thumbup.gif
it work for me!! yeah, my neighbour just installed unifi and suddenly this problem occured.. thanks a lot! u saved a lot of people's time. good job! rclxm9.gif
shuyina
post Sep 20 2012, 06:33 PM

Enthusiast
890 posts

just connect cable to LAN 1..and enter 192.168.0.1...if u see interface dlink..just put login "Management" and "TestingR2"

user posted image
Tick auto much better so all pc old and new can use with auto channel. because if u untick and pick own channel..some device cant see the wifi name. like old pc cant detect if u change to 8 and above...and sometime ur browsing became slow...

user posted image
Change to ā€œWAN connection 1ā€ if u donā€™t use IPTV so u have 1 extra portā€¦u can use internet at port 4 (RED)

user posted image
Change long preamble for better coverage signal
Change to n/g/b for all type of network card wifi
Change to 20mhz only for ipad/macbook/iphone slow browsing.

user posted image
Upload firmware 7.09 for ipad/macbook/iphone slow browsing. Coz this firmware much better mac person.
LINK

7.14 better for windows user...7.12 & 7.13 are worst...dont use...

if that all cant...just read this WEBSITE

This post has been edited by shuyina: Sep 20 2012, 06:40 PM
AndrewChan12
post Sep 24 2012, 06:10 AM

1 posts

Here's the solution:

thumbup.gif
What a genius!
Thank you so much!
clare8019
post Oct 1 2012, 07:35 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(Nuke @ Jun 27 2012, 09:52 PM)
Guys, I have issue with my Intel PROSet/Wireless Wifi Connection utility. It can detect my Unifi connection but cannot connect to it. It showing "authentication process to connect to the network has not been started".

When i click on my unifi connection it prompt to key in "Device ownership password". I key-in the router password but still cannot connect. the password is correct since i use it in my mobile wifi connection.

I can connect to my unifi using Windows Wifi connection. Any idea?
Bro,

Try the PIN code on the bottom of the router.Or try key in 8 zeros.Hope this helps.. whistling.gif
bpooh
post Dec 1 2012, 04:55 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(seedohbehlei @ Apr 24 2011, 12:10 PM)

Here's the solution:

thumbup.gif
I am experiencing the same problem and I used a friend's PC who could access the wireless . But I could not log in via 192.168.0.1 in my browser. icon_question.gif

This post has been edited by bpooh: Dec 1 2012, 05:05 PM
MrWorldWarrior
post Dec 3 2012, 02:39 PM

Casual
320 posts

Check you TCP/IP setting. and Untick the PIN, mean disable.
girl-next-door
post Jan 4 2013, 09:40 PM

33 posts

Here's the solution:

thumbup.gif
My laptop was having the same problem today and I found your solution.

Thank you! rclxm9.gif
shahmetal
post Jan 13 2013, 02:30 PM

Getting Started
119 posts

Changed my wireless channel manually to 11 and it works!!!
Thanks forumers, now I could connect my Unifi router to my Lumia 920. Weird though, because every other smartphones could connect to my unifi before, and I could even detect other's Unifi on my surroundings.
ToniV
post Jan 13 2013, 04:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,372 posts

it works...thx thx...
RockStar05
post Jan 16 2013, 09:23 AM

Getting Started
59 posts

Mine also got the same problem. got this step. gonna try this out today.

Thanks
graceg
post Jan 18 2013, 10:45 PM

1 posts

Here's the solution:

Thanks for the info! it really works like magic!
samsudds
post Mar 14 2013, 10:34 PM

23 posts

Here's the solution:

thumbup.gif
Perfect!! Many thanks bro!!! :-)

nickykee
post Sep 7 2013, 03:12 PM

45 posts

Here's the solution:

thumbup.gif
confirm works for me, damn default unifi setting.
now laptops can connect easily now.
alaq22
post Sep 18 2013, 03:10 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

Here's the solution:

thumbup.gif
thanks dude..really work for me.. notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
mikey5925
post Oct 17 2013, 08:42 PM

32 posts

Here's the solution:

thumbup.gif
Thank you so much for the solution.
a.haiqal
post Nov 23 2013, 06:57 PM

15 posts

Thank you so much seedpjbehlei
x3cream
post May 15 2014, 06:41 PM

Casual
391 posts

Here's the solution:

1) Use a LAN cable to connect your computer to your router or use a friend's PC who could access your wireless network. Or if your smartphone could detect your wi-fi acess, use the phone to do this.

thumbup.gif
Thanks! It works, I used my ipad connected to wifi to fix for my laptop thumbup.gif
Alpha Wolf
post May 15 2014, 07:40 PM

Getting Started
263 posts

So what does all this mean? Windows 7's recent update broke auto WiFi channel selection support?
mymedulla
post Jun 16 2014, 11:12 AM

1 posts

Here's the solution:

thumbup.gif
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
JengLoong96
post Mar 31 2017, 08:55 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(mymedulla @ Jun 16 2014, 12:12 PM)
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!
Cannot Share Wifi neighbor have to pay rm50

This post has been edited by JengLoong96: Mar 31 2017, 09:03 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0304sec    0.33    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:49 AM