Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> BOOKS FOR FOUNDATION IN SCIENCE?

dawnmorning
post Jan 5 2011, 11:59 PM

Group: Junior Member

Hey there. Um, I'm enrolling for a course (Foundation in Science), and I'm wondering if there are any revision books for Foundation in Science in bookstores? Could anyone please suggest some that I could use, including personal favorites? I would really appreciate it, so thanks in advance!

I have Longman Pre-U text STPM revision books that were my brother's, but I'm not sure whether I can use these books . . . they may be for Pre-U, but I wasn't too sure. Can I use them or not, because I think the curriculum and syllabus for Foundation in Science is different?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
shimon
post Jan 6 2011, 12:04 AM

Casual

u r doing foundation where?
+Quote Post
GagaRemix
post Jan 6 2011, 01:06 AM

Getting Started

Foundation's syllabus are differ from one another colleges. You should consult your lecturer for main reference book list. I'm sure they more than happy to help you.
+Quote Post
Hikari0307
post Jan 6 2011, 01:29 AM

平成の光
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(dawnmorning @ Jan 5 2011, 11:59 PM)
Hey there. Um, I'm enrolling for a course (Foundation in Science), and I'm wondering if there are any revision books for Foundation in Science in bookstores? Could anyone please suggest some that I could use, including personal favorites? I would really appreciate it, so thanks in advance!

I have Longman Pre-U text STPM revision books that were my brother's, but I'm not sure whether I can use these books . . . they may be for Pre-U, but I wasn't too sure. Can I use them or not, because I think the curriculum and syllabus for Foundation in Science is different?
Each University/College's Foundation in Science is different from each other so you need to take a look at your syllabus first and only will you know what book to use. In a lot of cases you don't even need anything else besides the main text used.
+Quote Post
dawnmorning
post Apr 14 2011, 01:00 PM

QUOTE(Hikari0307 @ Jan 6 2011, 01:29 AM)
Each University/College's Foundation in Science is different from each other so you need to take a look at your syllabus first and only will you know what book to use. In a lot of cases you don't even need anything else besides the main text used.
I just realized that I have not answered your post in this thread and I dare make a new one on books! yawn.gif
Hehe. Thanks for the advice, but let me put in what my new thread posted:

QUOTE(dawnmorning @ Apr 10 2011, 08:25 AM)
Hey there!

Someone I know is interested in getting Foundation in Science books/notes for reading. Unfortunately, one has to enroll first into the college for the course to get them, which my friend is not sure of doing just yet. She's willing to buy secondhand notes/books used for a full Foundation in Science course. I'm posting this thread here in hopes that anyone is willing to sell the notes/books used in Foundation in Science for a reasonable price. If possible, does anyone have AIMST college notes/books for the course? That's just a preference, but if anyone has other notes on Foundation in Science, please do answer ASAP!

Also, please tell me the method of paying if you do, because I'm a little blur.

Sorry if I posted this thread in the wrong place.
So. She hasn't entered her foundation course yet. And I don't know when she will. If she has to go next year, next year it is. I'm just trying to help her out smile.gif *Humble* But it's such a waste, seeing that she COULD have entered this year, but failed to, because she does not know the level of hardness compared to STPM. Nor doese she have any early revision books to check through. ANY revision books for Foundation in Science.

Can I ask a question? Are there any books with brands like Longman, Pelangi, etc. for Foundation in Science? Can we get them in MPH or any other major bookstore? (Stupid question, but please answer) Because nobody will give/sell/secondhand her the foundation notes/books unless she enrolls in the Foundation course at the named colleges. I've posted in the thread below, but ZERO answer :

FOUNDATION IN SCIENCE NOTES/BOOKS

She got really upset cause she tried EVERYWHERE.

SO PLEASE ANYONE WHO IS READING:

If possible, does anyone have good Foundation in Science college notes/books for the course? AIMST ones are just a preference, but if anyone has other notes on Foundation in Science, please do answer ASAP!

P.S: Also, curiously asking - is it possible for anyone to get a 3.5 CGPA in four to six months? I heard there are Foundation courses for a duration of 6 months, if I'm not wrong. Does anyone have any experience on this?

This post has been edited by dawnmorning: Apr 14 2011, 01:07 PM
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

> Find Us on Facebook

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0432sec    3.13    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 09:20 PM