Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Shipping Amazon item from US to Malaysia by vPost, An experience using vPost

pu27
post Jan 3 2011, 05:14 PM, updated 11y ago

Getting Started
184 posts

This is my experience with vPost, very 1st time using vpost, i wanted to share this experience only after my item arrived but i decided to share it today, u'll know why.
for better understanding i'll show the progress in timeline fashion.

7th Dec:
-Placed order on Amazon.com

10th Dec:
-Item reached vPost's warehouse in the Oregon state of US.(Via UPS)
-Payment made
^
|
No
shipment
status
within
this
period
|
V
Below are the Singpost track n trace results from http://www.speedpost.com.sg
17th Dec: Shipments in transit from Origin (I guess "Origin" here means US, not SG)
20th Dec: Acknowledged at Transit Centre (Arrived in Singapore)
21st Dec: Processing at Sorting Centre
26th Dec: Processing at Air Transit Center
26th Dec: Handover to Airline (remain in this status until today, 4th Jan 2011)
5th JAn: Received at Destination Transit Centre (KLIA)
5th JAn: Held by Customs at Destination
5th JAn: Departed from Destination Transit Centre
6th JAn: Delivered

poslaju tracking:
21st Dec: Departure from outward OE
5th JAn: Arrived at inward OE/Receive item at OE
5th JAn: Departure from inward OE/Send item to domestic location
6th JAn: Item arrived at processing center (Destination)
6th JAn: Courier is attempting delivery
6th JAn: Delivered

Since the 26th, I have made plenty of call to singpost (+6562225777), my advice, do not choose check item status, choose booking (press 1) or they wont answer ur call forever. I guess they probably just referring to what they got in the system, which u can get through online tracking. So I asked for further investigation, i gave them my contact number & email add. No response nothing, nothing i receive from them even until today. They asked me to contact with Poslaju(I tot this is their job,no?), i managed to call poslaju courier centre at LCCT (0387871122), answer is the same, "belum sampai Malaysia", Poslaju asked me to get more info about the shipment(flight number etc..), they wont tell u as they said it's P&C.
today, poslaju confirmed they dont have the item, So i called singpost n said poslaju dont have it for sure, this is what she replied "err.. sir, this item... ... err... u're Mr.XX rite? ur contact number xxx-xxx blah blah...Sir, pls let me check(Hold the line for 6 mins).. Ok sir, we WILL do further investigation with Posmalaysia" "WILL"? i tot they did investigate after so many days. sweat.gif

I'm ok for the wait, since it's year end and festive season, but i feel worry now coz even they themselves cannot trace the item, since they got it handover to the airline, it should be reached within 3days rite. What happen? Where is my item? God knows.

I think it's acceptable for the speed of their service because it's peak season now(year end), Service charges is moderate considering my package is quite large 60x48x18(cm), customer service is bad, they talk politely but they are lack in information, hard to reach them by phone call.
My rating:
Speed: 6/10
Cost: 7/10
Services: 8/10
CS(attitude): 8/10
CS(Info): 2/10
Item Handling: 7/10
System update: 6/10
Overall: 6/10

FYI, my item volumetric weight is:
60x48x18(cm)= (actual Wt 4.5 kg; vol wt 10.2Kg)
Base Charge: (SGD) 24.40
Weight Charge: (SGD)114.24
Fuel Surcharge: (SGD)10.20
Discount: (SGD) 55.46 (Maybank Cardholder)
Total: (SGD) 93.38
I got my Item insured, the amount is not included in this total.
Table of shipping charges: https://www.vpost.com.sg/helpdesk/shipping_...rges/index.html

u're welcome to share ur experience with vPost orother forwarding service provider here. thx for reading.

This post has been edited by pu27: Jan 7 2011, 01:43 PM
sKyWiR3pT3lTd
post Jan 4 2011, 08:36 AM

Spirits Of Shankly
6,059 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Mate,

I've used vPost on several occasions and i have never encountered any late delivery. You should be aware that the delivery takes more than 8-10 days after your item arrives at Portland. And you have to take note the the period you bought this items are during peak Holiday season. And there's not hundreds of package goes out from US , we are talking about thousands!

And there is no point calling vPost if you had wondered where you parcel is. From Portland -> SG -> Pos Laju. I never had problems with vPost.

My blu-ray's arrives safe and sound.
pu27
post Jan 4 2011, 12:02 PM

Getting Started
184 posts

sKyWiR3pT3lTd, that sounds great to u, and i understand that it's peak season now, i'm ok for the wait, but from ur experience, do u think it's normal since my item has been handed over to the airline on the 26th dec but still it's in the same stage even after more than 10days?

what makes me more worry is that my friend's item that was handed over to the airline on the same date, same time has been delivered successfully yesterday but mine is still stuck in the "Handover to airline".
corallinkz
post Jan 4 2011, 12:21 PM

Regular
1,369 posts

TO BE honest, vpost and vshub is similar company, and both are sucks especially the vpost. they charged me around Rm1.1K for the shipping COST ONLY from UK (vpost UK) to malaysia.
FYI, the weight and dimension of the tv itself is 42'inch lcd tv, weight around 10~KG i guess.

thats totally a rip off and their customer service is shits. they just keep saying if i didnt pay within the 30 days period etc etc -- even i told them i need to get some money first to pay them, they'll take the item as their own.

vpost asia and vshub is shitty ever company, dont ever try them. go to other companies.

yes, i hope every one in the world read this, their service is shitty, avoid them
sKyWiR3pT3lTd
post Jan 4 2011, 12:45 PM

Spirits Of Shankly
6,059 posts

QUOTE(pu27 @ Jan 4 2011, 12:02 PM)
sKyWiR3pT3lTd, that sounds great to u, and i understand that it's peak season now, i'm ok for the wait, but from ur experience, do u think it's normal since my item has been handed over to the airline on the 26th dec but still it's in the same stage even after more than 10days?

what makes me more worry is that my friend's item that was handed over to the airline on the same date, same time has been delivered successfully yesterday but mine is still stuck in the "Handover to airline".
@pus27 - That's the trickiest part with vPost. I also had enough patience of waiting for my items.

@coralinkz - i think you could have bought the tele over here. Why do you need to import it from the UK..
corallinkz
post Jan 4 2011, 06:27 PM

Regular
1,369 posts

QUOTE(sKyWiR3pT3lTd @ Jan 4 2011, 12:45 PM)
@pus27 - That's the trickiest part with vPost. I also had enough patience of waiting for my items.

@coralinkz - i think you could have bought the tele over here. Why do you need to import it from the UK..
haha, because that was black friday, very cheap i tell u lol. cant resist (:
anyway, thanks for helps mate past few days. ill take this as experience.
sKyWiR3pT3lTd
post Jan 4 2011, 07:10 PM

Spirits Of Shankly
6,059 posts

QUOTE(corallinkz @ Jan 4 2011, 06:27 PM)
haha, because that was black friday, very cheap i tell u lol. cant resist (:
anyway, thanks for helps mate past few days. ill take this as experience.
Wow, you're willing to import your tele. Respect notworthy.gif
Strawberry<3
post Jan 4 2011, 07:56 PM

Trusted and Best Seller
1,763 posts

So .. if vpost and vshub both are bad.. then what company we should use? I'm planning to buy some stuff from US. But not sure how...

This post has been edited by Strawberry<3: Jan 5 2011, 09:44 AM
sKyWiR3pT3lTd
post Jan 4 2011, 11:22 PM

Spirits Of Shankly
6,059 posts

QUOTE(Strawberry<3 @ Jan 4 2011, 07:56 PM)
So .. is vpost and vshub both are bad.. then what company we should use? I'm planning to buy some stuff for US. But not sure how...
Try borderlinx, viaAddress
corallinkz
post Jan 5 2011, 07:06 AM

Regular
1,369 posts

QUOTE(Strawberry<3 @ Jan 4 2011, 07:56 PM)
So .. is vpost and vshub both are bad.. then what company we should use? I'm planning to buy some stuff for US. But not sure how...
comgateway, there are plenty of those smile.gif

Strawberry<3
post Jan 5 2011, 10:43 AM

Trusted and Best Seller
1,763 posts

QUOTE(sKyWiR3pT3lTd @ Jan 4 2011, 11:22 PM)
Try borderlinx, viaAddress
QUOTE(corallinkz @ Jan 5 2011, 07:06 AM)
comgateway, there are plenty of those smile.gif
thanks ya guys.. will go through the terms and conditions for both...

hmm.. according to u guys experience.. between this 2..which better? in terms of trust and service. and the charges... tongue.gif

I wanna buy sport shoe.. they will measure the box right?
Moonflown
post Jan 5 2011, 02:25 PM

DayDreamer
1,036 posts

So far I all my experiences with borderlinx is very satisfactory. Their customer service is top notch.

@Strawberry
Yes all shipping charges are calculated based on volumetric weight
wongpeter
post Jan 5 2011, 03:47 PM

Enthusiast
973 posts

QUOTE(Moonflown @ Jan 5 2011, 02:25 PM)
So far I all my experiences with borderlinx is very satisfactory. Their customer service is top notch.

@Strawberry
Yes all shipping charges are calculated based on volumetric weight
So shipping charges are never based on the actual weight of the item even if it is very small in terms of physical dimensions?
Thanks.
pu27
post Jan 5 2011, 05:29 PM

Getting Started
184 posts

QUOTE(wongpeter @ Jan 5 2011, 03:47 PM)
So shipping charges are never based on the actual weight of the item even if it is very small in terms of physical dimensions?
Thanks.
it depends, they take the one which is greater.

Added on January 5, 2011, 5:35 pm@corallinkz
Wow, 42" is big. u really should buy at here.

@Moonflown
For borderlinx, any visa card will do? how about the charges?

This post has been edited by pu27: Jan 5 2011, 05:35 PM
corallinkz
post Jan 5 2011, 06:05 PM

Regular
1,369 posts

QUOTE(January 5 @ 2011, 5:35 pm@corallinkz)

yeah but they're having crazy price offer lol. and usually they charges around rm300 -- for shipping etc but this is just way too much sad.gif
avoid at any cost the vshub/vpost
Moonflown
post Jan 6 2011, 11:51 AM

DayDreamer
1,036 posts

QUOTE(pu27 @ Jan 5 2011, 05:29 PM)
it depends, they take the one which is greater.

Added on January 5, 2011, 5:35 pm@corallinkz

@Moonflown
For borderlinx, any visa card will do? how about the charges?
They are still limited to Citibank credit card for the mean time, not sure they will accept other cards yet.

QUOTE(corallinkz @ Jan 5 2011, 06:05 PM)
yeah but they're having crazy price offer lol. and usually they charges around rm300 -- for shipping etc but this is just way too much sad.gif
avoid at any cost the vshub/vpost
When I heard TV without even knowing how many inches it already indicate the shipping will be well over RM500 =)
kangyoon20
post Jan 13 2011, 10:48 PM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(corallinkz @ Jan 4 2011, 12:21 PM)
TO BE honest, vpost and vshub is similar company, and both are sucks especially the vpost. they charged me around Rm1.1K for the shipping COST ONLY from UK (vpost UK) to malaysia.
FYI, the weight and dimension of the tv itself is 42'inch lcd tv, weight around 10~KG i guess.

thats totally a rip off and their customer service is shits. they just keep saying if i didnt pay within the 30 days period etc etc -- even i told them i need to get some money first to pay them, they'll take the item as their own.

vpost asia and vshub is shitty ever company, dont ever try them. go to other companies.

yes, i hope every one in the world read this, their service is shitty, avoid them
RM1.1k post fee shud be fair
borderlinx will charge u the same too
https://www.borderlinx.com/m/total-cost-calculator

I've used Borderlinx and Vpost, a few times
all shipped on time.
Borderlinx has better customer service as u can chat with them live 24hrs
but, those who work as live chat support, is actually situated in INDIA, or other country, instead of US
they just hire ppl to reply standard respond from other country
u wont get much particular parcel info from them, they just reply u according to what u can read on their website
Borderlinx use DHL, very fast delivery after it had reach msia, their postman will call u in the morning to confirm the time of delivery so that u will be available

Vpost, the great thing i like is, they may ship your item back from US/UK even u haven pay for it
they will just hold it in local portal and deliver to u when u pay it
this has greatly shorten the delivery time if i cant pay the shipping fees on time

anyway, doesnt matter on which shipping company u wan to use
u must always check out their website for all information, rates, terms and condition

and generally, msia custom give tax exemption for air parcel with total cost below RM500(include all post fee) biggrin.gif

Added on January 13, 2011, 10:52 pm
QUOTE(Strawberry<3 @ Jan 5 2011, 10:43 AM)
thanks ya guys.. will go through the terms and conditions for both...

hmm.. according to u guys experience.. between this 2..which better? in terms of trust and service. and the charges...  tongue.gif

I wanna buy sport shoe.. they will measure the box right?
if they did not change their rate
i believe borderlinx has better rate, i did compare the rate for most of the shipping company last time

i only use borderlinx b4
great thing is they will calculate(if any) your item custom tax b4 they ship back for u
if there is tax, u need to pay them together wif the shipping fees
and they will do the rest of the job for u

all other shipping company dun care your item custom tax
they will just ship it, if kena tax then will be hold in custom, wait until u pay the custom $$,
then only they will clear it

for those who deal wif msia custom b4 will know
item hold in custom is really really troublesome, depend on ur luck too tongue.gif

This post has been edited by kangyoon20: Jan 13 2011, 10:53 PM
Amanda85
post Jan 28 2011, 04:55 PM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,232 posts

i juz got my amazon kindle today from vpost, which is within their time frame of 7-10 working days upon payment...
feeling satisfied.
sKyWiR3pT3lTd
post Jan 28 2011, 05:21 PM

Spirits Of Shankly
6,059 posts

QUOTE(Amanda85 @ Jan 28 2011, 04:55 PM)
i juz got my amazon kindle today from vpost, which is within their time frame of 7-10 working days upon payment...
feeling satisfied.
That's very quick delivery to be honest. The longest i had to wait was 10 days.
jeffbong
post Jan 28 2011, 05:53 PM

Getting Started
281 posts

borderlinx u have to pay the tax and duty upfront...if ur item is not taxed, they will not refund your money..

comgateway u pay for the shipping only, if taxed, then DHL will call u to pay, if not then u dun need to pay...

cgw better.

Added on January 28, 2011, 5:55 pmvpost customer service sux....they are link to singpost...there was a time when i call and ask about vpost, that fellow keep on saying singpost and dunno...stupid...

This post has been edited by jeffbong: Jan 28 2011, 05:55 PM
sKyWiR3pT3lTd
post Jan 28 2011, 07:09 PM

Spirits Of Shankly
6,059 posts

QUOTE(jeffbong @ Jan 28 2011, 05:53 PM)
borderlinx u have to pay the tax and duty upfront...if ur item is not taxed, they will not refund your money..

comgateway u pay for the shipping only, if taxed, then DHL will call u to pay, if not then u dun need to pay...

cgw better.

Added on January 28, 2011, 5:55 pmvpost customer service sux....they are link to singpost...there was a time when i call and ask about vpost, that fellow keep on saying singpost and dunno...stupid...
Not many reliable forwarders. That's one of the reason i prefer direct shipment to MYS.
Safe hassle and money.
blanket84
post Apr 27 2011, 08:58 AM

Regular
1,499 posts

Here's my experience with Vpost.

10th April: Placed order with seller.
14th April: Items arrived at Vpost warehoure (US)
16th April: Vpost matched items and issue payment order. Paid at same day.

^
No status update

V

25th April: Shipments in transit from Origin (from US)
26th April: Acknowledged at Transit Centre (Arrived in Singapore)
26th April: Processing at Sorting Centre
26th April: Processing at Air Transit Center
26th April: Handover to airline
27th April: Received at Destination Transit Centre
27th April: Held by Customs at Destination
27th April: Departed from Destination Transit Centre
28th April: Delivered.

Condisering the cheap shipping cost, I'm overall satisfied with their service. If time is not a factor then u can use vpost. Otherwise use other services that uses establisehd courier service like Fedex and DHL.My previous experince using DHL only took 4 days from US to my office compare to Vpost (speedpost + poslaju)which takes 12 days..

This post has been edited by blanket84: Apr 28 2011, 03:41 PM
madeleine_1406
post Apr 27 2011, 04:58 PM

Getting Started
221 posts

QUOTE(blanket84 @ Apr 26 2011, 04:58 PM)
Here's my experience with Vpost.

10th April: Placed order with seller.
14th April: Items arrived at Vpost warehoure (US)
16th April: Vpost matched items and issue payment order. Paid at same day.

^
No status update

V

25th April: Shipments in transit from Origin (from US)
26th April: Acknowledged at Transit Centre (Arrived in Singapore)
26th April: Processing at Sorting Centre
26th April: Processing at Air Transit Center
26th April: Handover to airline
will update later..fingers crossed..
still no update from them yet??
have u email them
blanket84
post Apr 27 2011, 07:00 PM

Regular
1,499 posts

Stil too early to query..mybe wait for another 2-3 days..I don't know what's the normal time..try googled but couldn't find much info from malaysian..

Added on April 27, 2011, 11:21 pmTracking updated! Yeay!

Added on April 28, 2011, 3:42 pmMy parcel arrived today!

This post has been edited by blanket84: Apr 28 2011, 03:42 PM
tALEz
post May 30 2011, 02:09 AM

Casual
456 posts

Hi Guys,

Pls enlighten me because I'm basically a noob here.
Why are you using a delivery service? Is it because Amazon does not ship to Malaysia?
(I've read that Amazon does in fact ship to Malaysia, pls correct me if I'm wrong). Is it because Amazon takes a long time for shipment?

I intend to buy a keyboard from Amazon.
Assuming they can't ship to Malaysia, I've to use 3rd party delivery services right.
What's the best process to get the stuff in a fastest, safest, yet affordable way?

ColinP
post Aug 16 2011, 11:05 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(Amanda85 @ Jan 28 2011, 04:55 PM)
feeling satisfied.
Amanda, Can i please check with you if Malaysian customs let your kindle go through or do we have to pay any customs duties for bringing the kindle in. Many thanks in advance.
svage98
post Aug 17 2011, 01:33 PM

Casual
432 posts

QUOTE(tALEz @ May 30 2011, 02:09 AM)
Hi Guys,

Pls enlighten me because I'm basically a noob here.
Why are you using a delivery service? Is it because Amazon does not ship to Malaysia?
(I've read that Amazon does in fact ship to Malaysia, pls correct me if I'm wrong). Is it because Amazon takes a long time for shipment?

I intend to buy a keyboard from Amazon.
Assuming they can't ship to Malaysia, I've to use 3rd party delivery services right.
What's the best process to get the stuff in a fastest, safest, yet affordable way?
Some stuff Amazon don't ship to Malaysia so you have no choice but to use 3rd party delivery services.
bodoh
post Aug 23 2011, 07:37 PM

2 posts

I tried vPost two~ months ago.
I tried with five shipments of comic books bought from Amazon. Though i did get all my parcels in the end, i wont recommend vPost.

(will update the costs and timelines when i have the time)

PROS
1. I think theyre relatively cheap (to what im using now Shipito)
2. Local influence. I had a Maybank CC discount code which i could apply to the final costs

CONS
1. No consolidation service for overseas parcels

2. Badly designed/engineered/very questionable/wonky/'unprofessional' website for countries other than Singapore (there seems to be a separate domain and website for vPost SG which the other vPost websites will forward to)
-when i registered, i received an auto reply for registration of vPost India instead of vPost Malaysia
-a lot of badly engineered pages(maybe just one page actually) where variables from one form wont propogate to the next form
-no indication of the lack of consolidation service for overseas parcels
-support queries/forms process not entirely obvious or easy
-definitely minor issues, but the lack of effort/polish is indicative of the service they commit to possibly.

3. One forwarded parcel from Amazon arrived with the package flap open.
-Miraculously none of the books dropped out
-I dont believe its MY customs or Amazon
(will update post with photos later when i have the time)

4. They mistakenly matched one parcel for another, which required lots of querying to from several Amazon sellers

SUMMARY
The books i received were potentially more expensive (compared to if i bought them from Kinokuniya locally or from bookdepository) due to the no consolidation service

irmond
post Aug 24 2011, 12:56 AM

On my way
629 posts

How do they post for u?
you ask for Vpost warehouse address?
then u inform amazon's seller about the vpost address.
later on, vpost received and send to ur malaysia adress? hmm.gif
how much they charged for first 500g?

This post has been edited by irmond: Aug 24 2011, 12:57 AM
micey
post Sep 23 2011, 09:04 PM

15 posts

Don't ever deal with Singpost (vPost) if you have the choice to choose others. They are a terrible sub-standard company with poor customer service and slow shipping speed. I have many dealings with Singpost because I live in the area with monopolistic situation. Further, their shipping rates are not cheaper than many of its competitors nowadays. Choose wisely among the other alternatives.
romantwelve
post Oct 19 2011, 01:24 AM

14 posts

You know Amazon ships directly to you right
colins
post Jan 6 2012, 11:14 PM

Getting Started
125 posts

VPOST simply SUCKS! Never have I encounter service that is so crap. The item can be received (according to shipper tracking) in their warehouse and they can take a few days for the item to show up on your account page. Worst is that it show "item received" but take another few days for it to become " match & processed" before you can pay for the shipment, then it sits for another few days before it got sent out.

I think the entire vpost internal process and operation sucks! There is no "speedinest" at all, take their own sweet time. PosLaju is MUCH MUCH more efficient!

The only good thing is that its much cheaper compared to comGateway or other similar service.
billytattertons
post Jan 7 2012, 09:03 PM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(romantwelve @ Oct 19 2011, 01:24 AM)
You know Amazon ships directly to you right
as mentioned earlier, some of the things Amazon don't ship to Malaysia. so gotta find other services to help.
money11365
post Jan 14 2012, 01:54 AM

0 posts

EVER SHIP FROM BORDERLINX. Have problems with them because of my Malaysian credit card wth. They try to bully you by sucking your money out of you.
christ14
post Mar 20 2012, 09:28 PM

Regular
1,503 posts

thinking of buying car care products. anybody know whats the charges? shipping to custom to tax etc etc. scared also at the end of the day almost same price ==
nekromaniak
post Apr 2 2012, 03:33 PM

41 posts

April 1, 2012:

ordered some toys from ebay totalling to RM1300++ (including domestic US-US shipping) and the shipping quote i got from VSHUB to send HALF of them (decided to split them into 2 packages to avoid duties) back to singapore is already RM1450. so go do your math. whistling.gif

Added on April 2, 2012, 3:24 pmUPDATE (2 April 2012):

You no longer have to worry about expensive shipping fees when you shop in different shops.
Our delivery services are 60% cheaper than main couriers like Fedex or DHL and 40% cheaper than postal services abroad. That’s half the shipping fees saved!

...oh yes, blatantly advertised on Vshub's website...but hey here's the reality:

an online store offered to ship my items directly to singapore for less than USD50, but thinking of consolidating them with some other items using vshub to reduce shipping, i told the store to ship them to vshub instead. well guess what, vshub is now charging me SGD109 solely for the shipping of the exact same items. i thought Vshub are in the business of consolidating items for customers and thus reducing the shipping, and NOT increasing it? no? hmm.gif Oh they dont even show how they obtained the volumetric weight figure used to calculate the shipping.

.. and that is just a small part of my stuff at their US warehouse now.. so imagine having all of them shipped.. RM3k perhaps?

so yes im giving up the stuff i have with them, around RM1.5k's worth of stuff i reckon, rather than paying that unjustified shipping fee.

guys, AVOID vshub like the plague!

by the way, i noticed that they kept deleting those negative comments on their FB's wall, while keeping the positive ones.. haha notworthy.gif
flodder
post Apr 2 2012, 06:11 PM

6 batang ab numb addicted with 6 bintang
1,039 posts

whatever courier services outside Malaysia also get expensive won't be cheapest unless you use registered airmail or without registered airmail there cheap but risk to buyers if the mail losed
jennylee8887
post Aug 2 2012, 10:53 PM

12 posts

QUOTE(sKyWiR3pT3lTd @ Jan 4 2011, 08:36 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Mate,

I've used vPost on several occasions and i have never encountered any late delivery. You should be aware that the delivery takes more than 8-10 days after your item arrives at Portland. And you have to take note the the period you bought this items are during peak Holiday season. And there's not hundreds of package goes out from US , we are talking about thousands!

And there is no point calling vPost if you had wondered where you parcel is. From Portland -> SG -> Pos Laju. I never had problems with vPost.

My blu-ray's arrives safe and sound.
Hi, I would like to know, do they impose duty fee on your goods?
sKyWiR3pT3lTd
post Aug 3 2012, 12:08 AM

Spirits Of Shankly
6,059 posts

QUOTE(jennylee8887 @ Aug 2 2012, 10:53 PM)
Hi, I would like to know, do they impose duty fee on your goods?
I guess it should be imposed on any goods.
elvinlee
post Sep 7 2012, 02:11 PM

22 posts

May I know normally how many days I can receive my stuff by vPost?
masryiah
post Oct 13 2012, 11:27 PM

0 posts

please do not use vshub..this company is liar. also having hiddens fees.. i order correlle from us.they charge me rm4k > for shipping cost..
not recommend. very suck!!
x3cream
post Oct 17 2012, 04:31 PM

Casual
391 posts

comgateway or viadress or borderlinx better? I noticed first 0.5, comgateway gave cheapest

This post has been edited by x3cream: Oct 17 2012, 04:58 PM
A.Chong
post Nov 23 2012, 11:53 PM

0 posts

Hi x3cream,

I am a shipping service provider. Only US to Malaysia.

Would appreciate if you can give me a chance to quote if you have any coming shipment from US to Malaysia.

For your information, I will charge MYR75.00 for first 1kg. excluding duty and tax, where will be borne by customer.

Please feel free to contact me should you need further information.

Thanks.

VSAddict
post Nov 28 2012, 12:22 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(A.Chong @ Nov 23 2012, 11:53 PM)
Hi x3cream,

I am a shipping service provider. Only US to Malaysia.

Would appreciate if you can give me a chance to quote if you have any coming shipment from US to Malaysia.

For your information, I will charge MYR75.00 for first 1kg. excluding duty and tax, where will be borne by customer.

Please feel free to contact me should you need further information.

Thanks.
how much for 17 kg volumetric weight? but actual weight is only around 7-8 kg only..
A.Chong
post Nov 28 2012, 02:44 PM

0 posts

Hi VSAddict,

Chargeable weight will be calculated based on volumetric weight or actual weight, which is greater.

In your case, the chargeable weight is 17kg.

We are offering door to door service.

Thus, we will pick up from your US address and deliver to your Msia address.

The charges for 17kg is approx.. RM600.00 (including fuel surcharge).

The estimated cost above is subject to change according to your actual dimension/ pieces. Will appreciate if your can inbox me the details then I can give you accurate cost.

The cost above is not including the duty and tax.

if you do not have US address and you need to send your parcel to our US address then you have to pay for the domestic shipping charges and local handling charges.

Thanks,
A.Chong
teresa_weii
post Jan 30 2013, 09:23 AM

1 posts

do not use vs hub. charge me for 3.5kg for rm5xx. and their service is really sucks.
teresa_weii
post Jan 30 2013, 09:24 AM

1 posts

took a week juz to update my parcel to waiting shippment.
A.Chong
post Feb 22 2013, 04:33 PM

0 posts

Dear All,
you can seach ''US- Malaysia Shipping Service'' on facebook, their service also great....
daydreaming
post Mar 11 2013, 09:46 AM

On my way
555 posts

anyone uses Borderlinx or comgateway? got limit per month? im using shipito, but it limits me to a certain amount every month (example, USD 200 per month). so i cannot ship more than that amount sad.gif

does borderlinx, comgateway or hopshopgo has that kind of limitation?
xiao_ling
post Mar 11 2013, 11:42 AM

26 posts

QUOTE(daydreaming @ Mar 11 2013, 09:46 AM)
anyone uses Borderlinx or comgateway? got limit per month? im using shipito, but it limits me to a certain amount every month (example, USD 200 per month). so i cannot ship more than that amount sad.gif

hi,
May i know what is the shipment charges for SHipito from US to malaysia?
Thank you

x3cream
post Mar 11 2013, 05:45 PM

Casual
391 posts

QUOTE(daydreaming @ Mar 11 2013, 09:46 AM)

Borderlinx and comgateway shouldnt be any limit smile.gif
daydreaming
post Mar 11 2013, 07:45 PM

On my way
555 posts

QUOTE(x3cream @ Mar 11 2013, 05:45 PM)
Borderlinx and comgateway shouldnt be any limit smile.gif
thanks for the reply. biggrin.gif hopefully the custom wont kacau if i bring too big and expensive packages :| so far i brought in rm2k of stuff without issue. donno if more than 2k is ok
Loque69
post May 29 2013, 01:18 AM

29 posts

hello guys...i'm about to buy an arcade stick from some US website, and yeah, the item cannot be shipped to malaysia...(from amazon and gameshark)...so what would you guys suggest to me? whether use:

i) comgateway

ii) vpost

iii) borderlinx

iv) hopshopgo

v) youramericanshipper

vi) viaddress

vii) or any other US agent site which provide better services?

the price they charge is what i'm concern about. the services also. help me someone.....who has an experience..... icon_question.gif

This post has been edited by Loque69: May 31 2013, 09:48 AM
pu27
post May 31 2013, 01:30 PM

Getting Started
184 posts

QUOTE(Loque69 @ May 29 2013, 01:18 AM)
hello guys...i'm about to buy an arcade stick from some US website, and yeah, the item cannot be shipped to malaysia...(from amazon and gameshark)...so what would you guys suggest to me? whether use:

i) comgateway

ii) vpost

iii) borderlinx

iv) hopshopgo

v) youramericanshipper

vi) viaddress

the price they charge is what i'm concern about. the services also. help me someone.....who has an experience..... icon_question.gif
I'd suggest comgateway / hopshopgo. These 2 are the same forwarding agents based in Oregon which is a tax free state.
Afaik, the difference between these 2 is hopshopgo provides paypal as a payment option.
They partner with DHL as their courier agent so it is very reliable & fast. Their price isn't the cheapest but reasonable.
x3cream
post May 31 2013, 10:56 PM

Casual
391 posts

QUOTE(Loque69 @ May 29 2013, 01:18 AM)

i) comgateway

ii) vpost

iii) borderlinx

iv) hopshopgo

v) youramericanshipper

vi) viaddress

comgateway or viaddress
cre8tif
post Aug 16 2013, 10:13 PM

WoW
1,619 posts

seriously; vpost is hopeless. my amazon/ebay shipment from US to Singapore was tracked in the system but after they send it out from Singapore; it went completely off-radar from the web history ! how the heck to track? dump vpost and use other services. I am seriously hoping my packages will not get lost in transit !!!
fayeez
post Sep 20 2014, 09:53 AM

13 posts

hi , i am planning to buy ps4 controller from Us, since it cant be delivered directly to malaysia, i am planning to use a package forwarding service. ive narrowed down to few companies,

reship,
borderlinx
comgateaway
myus...

any suggestions?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0406sec    0.15    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:53 AM