Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Guitar Dictionary, What's a Strat ? LP ? Describe 'Em All (Guitars)

views

ssslayerrr
post Jun 24 2005, 06:44 PM

Enthusiast
787 posts

QUOTE(headhunter7 @ Jun 23 2005, 06:04 PM)
Model : RGT / RGA / RG
Brand : Ibanez
Nickname : TEH FJOOKING SHREDDING MACHINE
Style : Any that you can think of.
^ well Ibanez RGs have 3 models

this one is the RGT
user posted image
This RG has the neck through, for people who doesn't want to have their hand blocked while solo-ing..

this one is the RG
user posted image
This has the normal bolt on, only with AANJ (stands for All Access Neck Joint) , which hardly gets in the way while solo-ing.

This one is the RGA
user posted image
This is the RGA , without the Edge tremolo.

From all of the above, i'd personally choose the RGT , but an RGA would be nice too..for my downtuned songs laugh.gif
Just want to add a few notes on the RG guitar.

1. Got the reputation as a shredders guitar mainly coz of its general specs and who was using it. Take a late 80ties, early 90ties shredder, big chance he was probably using an RG. Its specs, very big fingerboard radius (almost flat), wizard necks (on most rg, but not a rule though), jumbo frets, and the AANJ (all access neck joint), really makes it an ideal instrument for shredding. to quote Paul Gilbert, things are a lot easier to do on an Ibanez guitar ( his PG series is based on the RG)

2. To me, the thin necks make playing as easy as possible, giving you the most leeway, sort of allowing your fingers to "be all they can be". Talk about ibanez thin necks, youre talking about the wizard neck. At 17 mm at the first fret and 19 to 20 mm at the 12th fret, they are one of the thinnest necks around (new specs show the Rg wizard necks as being 18 mm at the first fret.)I love these necks, but none of my RGs have them, they all have ultra necks, which are beefier (19.5 mm at the first fret), so when you buy an RG, make sure it has a wizard neck, if thats what youre looking for.

3. I have guitars with both the AANJ and neckthru (ESP), and interms of accesibility to high frets, there isnt any difference between the AAJN and neckthru's. the AANJ is great. however, not all neckthru's are like that, some really give you a lot more access (like the neckthru developed by Stephen Davies, bolt on version is on Wasburn's Nuno signature series). Neckthru's have a thicker tone to me, and my guitar really resonate on the E note. Given a choice, i would take a neckthru anyday, but not because of access to higher notes.

Continue later
ssslayerrr
post Jul 3 2005, 07:54 PM

Enthusiast
787 posts

QUOTE(xnobys @ Jul 3 2005, 06:33 PM)
went to woh fatt the other day. just noticed that LP has three models/version. standard, custom and junior. mind telling me the difference, anyone?
yeah, expensive, very expensive and very very expensive biggrin.gif

im sure blacktrix will fill in the blanks for you

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0411sec    1.90    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st November 2019 - 12:26 AM