Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> The Guitar Dictionary, What's a Strat ? LP ? Describe 'Em All (Guitars)

views

metalhead
post Jun 23 2005, 06:23 PM

Regular
1,672 posts

QUOTE(led_zep_freak @ Jun 23 2005, 06:05 PM)
It's just a metaphorlar, I don't find anything wrong with it.

If that's the case, are you saying we shouldn't mix guitar with God too???

laugh.gif
u mean me???? T3H Guitar GOD flex.gif .....wannabe..... biggrin.gif ...come on la fella, dun be so upset over some metaphor....chill out dude....

EDIT too late...zeppy took my review cry.gif

i reserve this post for: -

Fender Tele My Own Axe [Ibanex GAX30] ...who knows it better than i do? tongue.gif .....

user posted image

Model : GAX 30
Brand : Ibanez
Nickname: Horned Evil [tongue.gif just came to my mind]
Genre: Hard Rock, Metal and some say Blues ....

Specification:
Neck: Maple
Body: Basswood
Bridge: Fixed Bridge
PU Config: Humbucker - Humbucker
Control: 1 Volume , 1 Tone
Selector: 3 way [Neck, Both and Bridge]

GAX30 is suitable for classic, chunky hard rock tunes, you can't go wrong with the dual humbucker. With it's double cutaway, crystal cut basswood body, and lightweight body, the GAX is the perfect guitar on stage. [As taken from Ibanez catalog]

I would say it's a good choice for beginner who want something affordable and yet able to perform as expected. It's light and the neck is comfortable to grip, it's more rounded than RG neck. The configuration is simple and straight to the point, no need for adjusting the Floyd Rose (coz the lack of one) and changing string is just a matter of minutes as opposed to other Ibanez (RG and those with Floyd Rose). It's so simple that even if u srewed it up, u'll still be able to make it good again (just like i did tongue.gif).

The disadvantage is the PU is not powerful enuf.

Famous user:
metalhead (as in me, he who posted here tongue.gif)
John5 (i swear that Johny boy have one just like this when he was in Manson, he endorsed this model and have (still posses one in his collection) a signature GAX under his name...this is truly a fact, no joke)

This post has been edited by metalhead: Jun 23 2005, 06:43 PM
metalhead
post Jun 25 2005, 06:23 PM

Regular
1,672 posts

user posted imageuser posted image

Brand : BC Rich
Model : Bronze Warlock
Nickname: Warlock
Genre: Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, and anything to kick a$$
Useful tips: Can be use as a weapon on stage, the angle on it's body can kill

Specification
Body: Agathis
Neck: Maple
Fretboard: Rosewood
Bridge: Adjustable
Pickup: Neck (Humbucker) & Bridge (Humbucker)
Control: 1 voulume and 1 tone
Selector: 3 way selector
24 frets

Local Distributor
IronWood
Kelana Jaya (near the old LimKokWing Institute)
Plaza Damansara, Damansara Heights
tel: 03 2096 2200
e-mail: enquiry.ironwood@time.net.my

The Warlock is basically a very mean looking guitar with very unique design, u'll look heavy heavy metal even if you're playing blues with it. The setup is simple and strightforward, with very RICH tone.

There are a few series from Rich that uses this design, some have Floyd Rose and some not, and other distiguishable feature is the Head Stock.

I personally haven't tried any of the Rich model, but based on Slipknot's Mick Thompson and Kerry King kick ass riffs, u'll figure out how this beast sound. It's more suitable for playing riffs rather than solo.

One of the downside of this guitar is that it's not as flexible as a Strat or a Les Paul, it was built for heavy metal and hard rock, so it'll not sound as good for pop or alternatives. Second, look at the design, does it look like u can use it for a church band??? and the body doesn't really look ergonomic, and might poke a hole on your rib cage....

Anyway, this is definately on my wishlist, i'll have this before the Les Paul coz this is more affordable.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0356sec    1.75    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 15th December 2019 - 11:42 PM