125 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

PMR 2011, The battle begins here .

views

TechnoG
post Jan 7 2011, 05:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,328 posts

QUOTE(iRadiation @ Jan 6 2011, 09:13 PM)
Honestly, not to brag but, you don't need tuition to score straight As in PMR. Just study regularly and don't sleep in class every single day, then you should be fine.

Although, I feel the standard nowadays is quite low. During my year they set the bar, so that only students with 5As and above (BM / BI / Maths and Science must be A) are qualified to enter science stream.

Manatau 41 out of 300 people got straight As for PMR that year.  doh.gif

Even one of my friend who failed his Maths / Science and got a C+ for his English during trials, he got 8As.  shakehead.gif
laugh.gif

I don't take any tuitions too, feel that it's taking up too much of my time.
fine studying alone.
Stuffi
post Jan 7 2011, 07:38 PM

Orchid Malevolence.
1,154 posts

Tuition is not necessary.

Why tuition when you can revise yourselves.

You see... Mostly tutors just go through a chapter briefly and then give you lots of exercise.

Your mind will memorise something instinctively if you see something repeatedly.

Let's talk about Sejarah. You don't need to memorise like hell..
Just read through the whole book again and again and you will find out how effective it was.

happy_berry
post Jan 7 2011, 09:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,465 posts

Reading through stuffs without putting it in to practice is useless. As long as you have the commitment to do lots and lots of exercises, you'll go through the examination with ease.

fullmetalpanic
post Jan 8 2011, 08:28 PM

11 posts

QUOTE(maximR @ Jan 5 2011, 08:59 PM)
I don't go for tuition . I study on my own . I'm a bit under pressure because my school listed me as "pelajar harapan" to get straight As for PMR . Then today the Pengetua met us and started asking about my plans la , my time table la .... I told him I don't have time table and I study when I had my rest and when I return home from school , I need to sleep for a few hours .

He was surprised . biggrin.gif

I don't know why they are pressuring us , just because it could make the school's name better in Negeri Sembilan . :/

Added on January 5, 2011, 9:02 pm

I do feel something . I want to achieve straight As . Because that's the best I can do this year . And , I want to enter Science stream .  icon_rolleyes.gif
The best thing, ask your Pengetua to exclude you from the list pelajar harapan. No pressure then.
Then study on your own, planning properly and get straight A's in your PMR.
Straight A's in mainly for you... The one who will work very hard biggrin.gif
TSmaximR
post Jan 9 2011, 12:06 PM

Remember who you are
3,864 posts

QUOTE(fullmetalpanic @ Jan 8 2011, 08:28 PM)
The best thing, ask your Pengetua to exclude you from the list pelajar harapan. No pressure then.
Then study on your own, planning properly and get straight A's in your PMR.
Straight A's in mainly for you... The one who will work very hard biggrin.gif
smile.gif I hope so . But I don't want to put too much pressure on myself also la , just relax while continue my studies ... then after PMR , can rest for a while ... hmm.gif

Added on January 9, 2011, 12:09 pmIf I have some problems , or other PMR candidates have trouble with their homework , or any questions to ask , feel free to post it here . Maybe if I can answer , I'll try to help . If can't , I'll leave it to the experienced seniors here ... biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by maximR: Jan 9 2011, 12:09 PM
iAdor3 Naz
post Jan 11 2011, 08:04 AM

Enthusiast
769 posts

maxim.. i know u will get straight A this year.. haha
u have been raelly really really diligent i must say smile.gif
TSmaximR
post Jan 12 2011, 05:42 PM

Remember who you are
3,864 posts

QUOTE(iAdor3 Naz @ Jan 11 2011, 08:04 AM)
maxim.. i know u will get straight A this year.. haha
u have been raelly really really diligent i must say smile.gif
I'll try my best la ... tongue.gif

By the way how was your SPM ?

Added on January 12, 2011, 5:48 pm2nd week of Jan going to end ... Wonder how our Malaysian PMR candidates are doing . Still relaxing ? tongue.gif

I think this thread will be quiet for a while before Kerja Kursus and the Trials start ... By that time I'm expecting students to flock in and discuss about tips for their exam ? biggrin.gif

Can share tips , but please, no soalan bocor . Unless you want to get caught by the Kementerian Pelajaran ... smile.gif

By the way we are the first batch to study MAT and SC in English since standard 1 and will be sitting PMR in English too ... hopefully this year's result is better than the other years .

This post has been edited by maximR: Jan 12 2011, 05:48 PM
xHj09
post Jan 12 2011, 05:53 PM

Your Friendly Neighborhood
1,392 posts

People pay to learn better biggrin.gif
TechnoG
post Jan 12 2011, 05:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,328 posts

QUOTE(maximR @ Jan 12 2011, 05:42 PM)
2nd week of Jan going to end ... Wonder how our Malaysian PMR candidates are doing . Still relaxing ? tongue.gif

I think this thread will be quiet for a while before Kerja Kursus and the Trials start ... By that time I'm expecting students to flock in and discuss about tips for their exam ? biggrin.gif

Can share tips , but please, no soalan bocor . Unless you want to get caught by the Kementerian Pelajaran ... smile.gif

By the way we are the first  batch to study MAT and SC in English since standard 1 and will be sitting PMR in English too ... hopefully this year's result is better than the other years .
my brother took PMR last year, still living normally tongue.gif

mmhmm. We are always the white rats, first batch to use English @ MT and SC. Last batch to use the current literature rolleyes.gif
hope so, I seriously want to score. Like 5As? btw, how many subjects are you taking?
TSmaximR
post Jan 12 2011, 06:00 PM

Remember who you are
3,864 posts

QUOTE(xHj09 @ Jan 12 2011, 05:53 PM)
People pay to learn better biggrin.gif
But not all succeeds by paying . wink.gif

Added on January 12, 2011, 6:02 pm
QUOTE(TechnoG @ Jan 12 2011, 05:54 PM)
my brother took PMR last year, still living normally tongue.gif

mmhmm. We are always the white rats, first batch to use English @ MT and SC. Last batch to use the current literature  rolleyes.gif
hope so, I seriously want to score. Like 5As? btw, how many subjects are you taking?
Why not just score straight As ? I'm taking 7 only , from Sekolah Kebangsaan so not taking Chinese or any other language subject . What about you ? This year we make history by being the most active PMR-ians on lowyat . rclxms.gif

Added on January 12, 2011, 6:03 pmBy the way , technoG , which subjects are you aiming to score As ?

This post has been edited by maximR: Jan 12 2011, 06:03 PM
Stuffi
post Jan 12 2011, 07:37 PM

Orchid Malevolence.
1,154 posts

The subject Chinese do matters right?
People see A's no see subject what.

TechnoG
post Jan 12 2011, 10:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,328 posts

QUOTE(maximR @ Jan 12 2011, 06:00 PM)
Why not just score straight As ? I'm taking 7 only , from Sekolah Kebangsaan so not taking Chinese or any other language subject . What about you ? This year we make history by being the most active PMR-ians on lowyat .  rclxms.gif

Added on January 12, 2011, 6:03 pmBy the way , technoG , which subjects are you aiming to score As ?
Yup, Hahahaa blush.gif

I'm aiming to score A for English, Maths, Science, Sejarah and KH, pretty good at this few subjects. I'm studying at SMK DJ, heard of it before? Damansara Jaya. One of the overrated schools in my area, bullshit.
dropped Mandarin after taking it at Form 1 at 2. Total 6 exams, failed 3 times doh.gif my marks is around 30+

This post has been edited by TechnoG: Jan 12 2011, 10:20 PM
happy_berry
post Jan 13 2011, 01:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,465 posts

I heard this year's PMR English literature is going to be in different syllabus and far far easier than last years'. Is it true?

This post has been edited by happy_berry: Jan 13 2011, 04:49 PM
TechnoG
post Jan 13 2011, 02:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,328 posts

QUOTE(happy_berry @ Jan 13 2011, 01:03 AM)
I heard this year's PMR English literature is going to be in different syllabus and far far more easier than last years'. Is it true?
uumm. Nahh tongue.gif we are the last batch of students using the current syllabus of literature. Jekyll & Hyde etc.
SRLee
post Jan 13 2011, 02:23 PM

Casual
437 posts

Just do past-year papers and you'll do fine.

PMR is easy compared to SPM.

This post has been edited by SRLee: Jan 13 2011, 02:23 PM
Stuffi
post Jan 13 2011, 02:27 PM

Orchid Malevolence.
1,154 posts

And I heard starting from next year.
We will be studying Maths and Sciences in Bahasa Malaysia. sad.gif
happy_berry
post Jan 13 2011, 04:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,465 posts

QUOTE(TechnoG @ Jan 13 2011, 02:17 PM)
uumm. Nahh tongue.gif we are the last batch of students using the current syllabus of literature. Jekyll & Hyde etc.
But I thought those who were born in 1995 are the last batch student to be using the older ones.While those born in 1996 supposedly be enjoying the new and much much much much easier new syllabus. Cause if my memory serves me correctly, I recall my friend telling me how easy the English Literature that her sister(who was born in 1996) is currently learning. It's about cats and dogs??? Can't remember exactly what they were. sweat.gif

@Stuffi: Yup that's right. A sigh of relief, at least for me lol.
TechnoG
post Jan 13 2011, 06:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,328 posts

QUOTE(Stuffi @ Jan 13 2011, 02:27 PM)
And I heard starting from next year.
We will be studying Maths and Sciences in Bahasa Malaysia. sad.gif
BULLSHIT! seriously hate them.
how are we going to face the world when we learn all the scientific terms in BM? THINK LA GOMEN!
iAdor3 Naz
post Jan 13 2011, 09:53 PM

Enthusiast
769 posts

QUOTE(maximR @ Jan 12 2011, 05:42 PM)
I'll try my best la ...  tongue.gif

By the way how was your SPM ?

Added on January 12, 2011, 5:48 pm2nd week of Jan going to end ... Wonder how our Malaysian PMR candidates are doing . Still relaxing ? tongue.gif

By the way we are the first  batch to study MAT and SC in English since standard 1 and will be sitting PMR in English too ... hopefully this year's result is better than the other years .
Haha.. SPM was okay wink.gif.. nothing too hard nothing too easy.. it's medium.. Hoping to get a straight A.. wink.gif

And let me tell u a story.. There's one student in my school, who ranked FIRST from FORM 1 until FORM 3.. never second.. JUST FIRST!!..but his PMR result is only 6A's and 2B's.. he's really frustrated i must say, I don't know what happened to him. He just don't have the luck .. He's a very diligent student.. Poor him.. but it's good too that he's going to stay in my school and will make my school proud in his upcoming SPM next year LOL!
TSmaximR
post Jan 14 2011, 12:20 PM

Remember who you are
3,864 posts

QUOTE(happy_berry @ Jan 13 2011, 04:49 PM)
But I thought those who were born in 1995 are the last batch student to be using the older ones.While those born in 1996 supposedly be enjoying the new and much much much much easier new syllabus. Cause if my memory serves me correctly, I recall my friend telling me how easy the English Literature that her sister(who was born in 1996) is currently learning. It's about cats and dogs??? Can't remember exactly what they were.  sweat.gif
@Stuffi: Yup that's right. A sigh of relief, at least for me lol.
Nope , 1996 is the latch batch to use the older version of the English / Malay literature . We are still studying Panas Salju , Potato People , etc .

Added on January 14, 2011, 12:22 pm
QUOTE(iAdor3 Naz @ Jan 13 2011, 09:53 PM)
Haha.. SPM was okay wink.gif.. nothing too hard nothing too easy.. it's medium.. Hoping to get a straight A.. wink.gif

And let me tell u a story.. There's one student in my school, who ranked FIRST from FORM 1 until FORM 3.. never second.. JUST FIRST!!..but his PMR result is only 6A's and 2B's.. he's really frustrated i must say, I don't know what happened to him. He just don't have the luck .. He's a very diligent student.. Poor him.. but it's good too that he's going to stay in my school and will make my school proud in his upcoming SPM next year LOL!
You're telling me the story to downgrade my semangat ? laugh.gif Just joking ...

I'll just try my best la . Then leave the rest to God .

Added on January 14, 2011, 12:23 pm
QUOTE(TechnoG @ Jan 13 2011, 06:15 PM)
BULLSHIT! seriously hate them.
how are we going to face the world when we learn all the scientific terms in BM? THINK LA GOMEN!
The truth is , we are still going to learn MT/SC in English . SPM , for us will be in dwibahasa . So we have the freedom to answer in both English and Bahasa Malaysia . Textbooks are going to be in billingual . So , no worries . wink.gif

This post has been edited by maximR: Jan 14 2011, 12:23 PM

125 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0274sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:21 PM