Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Exabytes server slow?, Average load time > 2s

views

TSengineer
post Dec 23 2010, 12:33 PM, updated 11y ago

Getting Started
67 posts

I just recently purchase a hosting account with Exabytes, I find that the website load time is really really SLOW. I have never hosted my site local in Malaysia and most of the hostings I get outside Malaysia are pretty fast in term of load time. I found that Exabytes has over 600+ site hosted on a single server, that's ridiculous to say the least.

Anyone else have experience with them and can you share on your website load time? I tested a few other sites on the same server as mine and all performed badly. It's a big disappointment so far. Please share if you have sites with them.
FirezZ
post Dec 23 2010, 01:07 PM

Naise kukUpi
1,985 posts

have u raised a ticket to them ?
apamise
post Dec 23 2010, 01:15 PM

Getting Started
284 posts

No doubt, 600+ is retardedly high.

I used to host my website on one of their vps. Not my vps, I just borrow some space from an acquaintance. After a few weeks, I decided to go back to my previous shared-hosting on other hosting company. Who on their right mind would change from Exabytes vps to shared-hosting of a less known company? I would.

The load time is fast for me, just like any other local server I've used before. But almost every night, my website will encounter database error for a few minutes, up to one hour. Even though it's just temporary, I start to get pissed off when it happens almost every night. Another thing that set me off, is how I can't update my wordpress blog using the built-in auto updater. It will take forever. I ask my friend (the owner of that vps), and he said that even he has to update everything manually. Be it the core files, or plugins.

Last (and most important) thing I hate about Exabytes, is their retarded price.
stanly007_2
post Dec 23 2010, 01:18 PM

Regular
1,436 posts

I stop using Exabytes since 3 yrs ago. Only existing clients who did not complaint much continue using it the rest I advise them move to others.

Exabytes's problem:
Expensive YET NOT QUALITY !!!
They like selling on their BRAND only...
TSengineer
post Dec 23 2010, 03:04 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

Seems lot of bad experiences. I should have talked to you guys before buying.

I paid for a one year biz plan (EBiz Plus). Looks like they have 100 day refund policy, just that I have my development work on the server already. sigh...
FirezZ
post Dec 23 2010, 03:06 PM

Naise kukUpi
1,985 posts

hehe. should have checked more before purchase.. but i think most of the server now provides 100 % refund policy ...

for me.. they are expensive due to branding and limited knowledge in support. that one was 2/3 years back

on what's their progress.. i dont think i am in good position to comment on it

stanly007_2
post Dec 23 2010, 03:34 PM

Regular
1,436 posts

the only really good about them is their after sale support.
wongpk
post Dec 23 2010, 05:51 PM

Getting Started
143 posts

Well, too many bad on them already. LOL! I just got my site up and down up and down all the time, CPU usage never on par even a newly opened account.

They are well known because the marketing is too big to not to notice them. But as the service, neh... I'm moving once the contract end.
Icehart
post Dec 26 2010, 07:11 PM

All Stars
13,350 posts

I moved to IPSERVERONE and never regretted my decision ever since. smile.gif
kien23
post Dec 27 2010, 11:06 AM

24 posts

My quote for you all
If you want something better or fast, go VPS.
Every company will oversold their Shared Hosting.

Else, bared with the situation
Let me share my experiences on Shinjiru and Exabytes(mostly on network quality and support quality).

Shinjiru - VPS
Shinjiru provide a good technical support.
Well, to be honest, level 1 are lack of knowledges to solve issues, need to improve.
Time to escalate ticket to level 2 support are slow. (That's the part I hate)
Most of the time there are no level 2 support available at night/after working hour.

Exabytes - VPS
Exabytes is better than Shinjiru on the current situation.
Ticket escalation is fast. My case escalate to their level 3 support very fast and get reply even from level 3 at night.

Network Comparison - International Carrier
Shinjiru used to have the best VPS network(they call it Premium Network) in Malaysia.
Due to continuous ddos cases, they decided to migrate out all non cooperate users out from Premium Network on March/April/May something.
Now their normal network is really sweat.gif lo ...

Exabyte will be better I can say, at least for now, on their VPS network quality and support turnover time ..
Still, I keep an VPS on Shinjiru and Exabytes until today.

You guys should also try ds.my, small company but good.

IPserverOne have a very good network themselves, but their price is very very not affortable..
Imagine you are paying RM 150 and only get 640kbit/s...
Wish they can cut down their price.

<-- no content -->
TSengineer
post Dec 28 2010, 10:10 AM

Getting Started
67 posts

Saw the Exabytes boss in Cheeky Duck Straits Quay Penang on X'mas day. sweat.gif

kien23, pretty interesting review on both companies. I'm not going with the VPS or dedicated mainly because the site is pretty new and not much traffic but that doesn't mean we deserve the low quality hosting. I thought local hosting should be faster than US one, but it doesn't look like that's the case. This is the first time having hosting locally.

Deimos Tel`Arin
post Dec 28 2010, 11:01 AM

The LYN Kondom Man
4,202 posts

exabytes too many clients, that's why their servers may be a bit slow at times lor.

last time when i was still using shared hosting packages on ipserverone, they only host like 200-250 sites on one server.

exabytes, 600 sites in one server? cannot lar!

This post has been edited by Deimos Tel`Arin: Dec 28 2010, 11:02 AM
TSengineer
post Dec 28 2010, 04:21 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

Just as someone pointed out, looks like their support is pretty good. I got one of their employee contacted me over this issue after seeing this thread.
kien23
post Dec 28 2010, 11:01 PM

24 posts

QUOTE(engineer @ Dec 28 2010, 11:10 AM)
Saw the Exabytes boss in Cheeky Duck Straits Quay Penang on X'mas day.  sweat.gif

kien23, pretty interesting review on both companies. I'm not going with the VPS or dedicated mainly because the site is pretty new and not much traffic but that doesn't mean we deserve the low quality hosting. I thought local hosting should be faster than US one, but it doesn't look like that's the case. This is the first time having hosting locally.
No problem, just share what I know.
I will recommend you to move to US host if you wish cut your cost and maintain the quality.
Do bare in mind, your local visitor get 300ms latency more, that mean your page load slower.

Local hosting is faster in term of latency.
However due to the pricing of Malaysia Bandwidth, most of the company will oversold their shared hosting plan.

Exabytes is damn good in marketing, they keep their company up to the trend, check forum frequently and contact potential customer..
While somehow I feel Shinjiru is not so performing in this year, and they should really hire a new web designer..

ksstudio
post Dec 29 2010, 08:44 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(engineer @ Dec 28 2010, 10:10 AM)
Saw the Exabytes boss in Cheeky Duck Straits Quay Penang on X'mas day.  sweat.gif
biggrin.gif Went there with my family last week. Nice to meet you.
kekke, next time got to wear sun glass and cap rclxms.gif

[quote=engineer,Dec 28 2010, 10:10 AM]

At Exabytes, we have range of products to suite different needs and budget range. For example, we have EBiz Begineer which cost only RM39 per year, EBiz Plus that's RM269/year and up to Dedicated Server which cost few hundreds / thousands ringgit per month. And for each different plan, the number of accounts per server will be different due to the resources allocated and the cost of running the server.

For example, a EBiz Beginner that RM39/year, we will be hosting around 600+ accounts or more.

For EBiz Plus / Gold which is RM269 - RM399/year, we will be hosting around 150 - 200 accounts.

Sometimes, when you do a reverse proxy to check what's the domains hosted on a server, you may see the total number of domains hosted will be more than the number of accounts quoted above, that's due to we allow domain aliases / parked domain per account. So, some clients will park their unused domain names to the same hosting account. With that, the numbers of domains per server will increase, but that won't affect the server performance.

At Exabytes, we understand that customers are our rice bowl smile.gif hence support is our top priority. We can't promised a problem free server, but my commitment to you all is, do let us know if you face any problems with your hosting accounts with Exabytes, we will fix the problems for you or recommend you the right solutions. Please feel free to talk to my colleagues, my managers or myself personally.

Lastly, wish everyone a Happy New Year ahead!

CHAN

TSengineer
post Jan 2 2011, 07:10 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

[quote=ksstudio,Dec 29 2010, 08:44 AM]
biggrin.gif Went there with my family last week. Nice to meet you.
kekke, next time got to wear sun glass and cap rclxms.gif

[quote=engineer,Dec 28 2010, 10:10 AM]

At Exabytes, we have range of products to suite different needs and budget range. For example, we have EBiz Begineer which cost only RM39 per year, EBiz Plus that's RM269/year and up to Dedicated Server which cost few hundreds / thousands ringgit per month. And for each different plan, the number of accounts per server will be different due to the resources allocated and the cost of running the server.

For example, a EBiz Beginner that RM39/year, we will be hosting around 600+ accounts or more.

For EBiz Plus / Gold which is RM269 - RM399/year, we will be hosting around 150 - 200 accounts.

Sometimes, when you do a reverse proxy to check what's the domains hosted on a server, you may see the total number of domains hosted will be more than the number of accounts quoted above, that's due to we allow domain aliases / parked domain per account. So, some clients will park their unused domain names to the same hosting account. With that, the numbers of domains per server will increase, but that won't affect the server performance.

At Exabytes, we understand that customers are our rice bowl smile.gif hence support is our top priority. We can't promised a problem free server, but my commitment to you all is, do let us know if you face any problems with your hosting accounts with Exabytes, we will fix the problems for you or recommend you the right solutions. Please feel free to talk to my colleagues, my managers or myself personally.

Lastly, wish everyone a Happy New Year ahead!
CHAN

[/quote]

Good to hear from you. Happy new year 2011 and wish to have a good year ahead with your company.
eDrawk
post Jan 10 2011, 02:38 AM

16 posts

strongly agreed! i should send my resume to shinjiru~

i've no problem host my site with exabytes.. everything meets my requirement..
muyyaqdhom
post Jan 10 2011, 10:10 PM

.noobie.
733 posts

QUOTE(stanly007_2 @ Dec 23 2010, 02:18 PM)
I stop using Exabytes since 3 yrs ago. Only existing clients who did not complaint much continue using it the rest I advise them move to others.

Exabytes's problem:
Expensive YET NOT QUALITY !!!
They like selling on their BRAND only...
+1 . exabytes only want famous among webhosting provide, but lacks with technical support, hardware & software maintenance,webhosting always pto .

Chuckiekey
post Jan 17 2011, 10:10 AM

Chuckie Cotton
1,502 posts

Exabytes normal shared hosting is shared among 300 users only. except for personal hosting, that cheap cheap budget one, tht one is 900 users.
cofin
post Jan 17 2021, 01:20 PM

Finally
1,688 posts

God dammit need to bump this ....after 10 years look like Exabytes still slow

Really regret switching to Exabytes from Shinjiru ..... god damn slow
ed0gawa
post Feb 4 2021, 03:54 PM

coconut
4,386 posts

QUOTE(cofin @ Jan 17 2021, 01:20 PM)
God dammit need to bump this ....after 10 years look like Exabytes still slow

Really regret switching to Exabytes from Shinjiru ..... god damn slow
Second this

I am on their shared hosting, those RM20-30 per month Wordpress hosting.
The speed is HORRIBLE.
Clicking on 'orders' or 'updating' products takes 20-40 second up to 1 min++
And recently, the server keeps going down
cofin
post Feb 4 2021, 04:28 PM

Finally
1,688 posts

QUOTE(ed0gawa @ Feb 4 2021, 03:54 PM)
Second this

I am on their shared hosting, those RM20-30 per month Wordpress hosting.
The speed is HORRIBLE.
Clicking on 'orders' or 'updating' products takes 20-40 second up to 1 min++
And recently, the server keeps going down
yesssss....same issue

really damn this exabytes
ed0gawa
post Feb 4 2021, 04:31 PM

coconut
4,386 posts

QUOTE(cofin @ Feb 4 2021, 04:28 PM)
yesssss....same issue

really damn this exabytes
Everytime after complaint, the speed improve to like 3-10 seconds for each click on the admin side..
After few hours, the bloody speed goes back to half minute to 1 minute for each clicks....

Now CNY rush, just to view 10 orders can easily take up 15 minutes of waiting.

cofin
post Feb 4 2021, 04:33 PM

Finally
1,688 posts

QUOTE(ed0gawa @ Feb 4 2021, 04:31 PM)
Everytime after complaint, the speed improve to like 3-10 seconds for each click on the admin side..
After few hours, the bloody speed goes back to half minute to 1 minute for each clicks....

Now CNY rush, just to view 10 orders can easily take up 15 minutes of waiting.
i feel like switching hosting but already paid for a year and left 6 months to expire....

it would go to waste ....damn dilemma
ed0gawa
post Feb 4 2021, 04:35 PM

coconut
4,386 posts

QUOTE(cofin @ Feb 4 2021, 04:33 PM)
i feel like switching hosting but already paid for a year and left 6 months to expire....

it would go to waste ....damn dilemma
i fucking paid for 2 years ....

bangwall.gif bangwall.gif bangwall.gif bangwall.gif bangwall.gif bangwall.gif bangwall.gif
cofin
post Feb 4 2021, 05:31 PM

Finally
1,688 posts

QUOTE(ed0gawa @ Feb 4 2021, 04:35 PM)
i fucking paid for 2 years ....

bangwall.gif  bangwall.gif  bangwall.gif  bangwall.gif  bangwall.gif  bangwall.gif  bangwall.gif
really damn ....

your buymeats site host on exabytes?

lol it took so long to load ....

god dammit ... what the hell happen to this exabytes

better stick to shinjiru .....
ed0gawa
post Feb 5 2021, 10:27 AM

coconut
4,386 posts

QUOTE(cofin @ Feb 4 2021, 05:31 PM)
really damn ....

your buymeats site host on exabytes?