Gym in Penang

TSMelForC3
post Dec 14 2010, 12:19 AM, updated 14y ago

957 posts

Hi and greeting to everyone.

I'm moving to Penang soon. So, i'm looking for gym in the island. Im not quite familiar with Penang route as well.

Seeking help from everyone especially penang people here.

I know that there is Fitness First at Gurney. Is kinda costly for me. Is there any decent gym especially in georgetown?

thanks in advance.

shiloong7081
post Dec 14 2010, 05:59 PM

928 posts

I heard that there is a gym near SMJK Perempuan Cina, Jalan Gottlieb. Heard, so i am not sure. There's Absolute Fitness at Jalan Scotland.
whsam89
post Dec 15 2010, 12:29 AM

fitness first @ island plaza?

TSMelForC3
post Dec 22 2010, 10:45 PM

957 posts

I just went to several gym since past few weeks..
Celeb fitness
Fitness studio
G hotel gym
Burma road gym (no idea whats the name)
Health fitness

Tried out fitness studio n the burma road gym.. Both are fine.. Budgetary wise gotta choose burma road gym.. Its enough to make me sweat he3zz

Fitness studio has very small space for free weight n very crowded.. Hardly sweat since the air con too cold..

Chill.
SUSpgkia8
post Jul 4 2011, 01:49 AM

190 posts

Bump Up.

Anyone been to absolute fitness? I would like to know more before i sign up on their Queensbay branch.

Btw, i find it a bit weird that they do not want to put their price on their website/facebook. I did ask their sales person, and the excuse given is their price is tailor suit for each individual. WTF.... mad.gif

Anyway, the reason for signing up is, there is simply no proper gym around that area rclxub.gif
theCrab
post Jul 4 2011, 02:16 AM

1,093 posts

QUOTE(pgkia8 @ Jul 4 2011, 01:49 AM)
Bump Up.

Anyone been to absolute fitness? I would like to know more before i sign up on their Queensbay branch.

Btw, i find it a bit weird that they do not want to put their price on their website/facebook. I did ask their sales person, and the excuse given is their price is tailor suit for each individual. WTF....  mad.gif

Anyway, the reason for signing up is, there is simply no proper gym around that area  rclxub.gif
siapa cakap ?
gym nation
pisa there also got a gym
lol
SUSpgkia8
post Jul 4 2011, 05:51 PM

190 posts

QUOTE(theCrab @ Jul 4 2011, 02:16 AM)
siapa cakap ?
gym nation
pisa there also got a gym
lol
Gym Nation? Have u check out their equipment? Its pathetic, same old equipment they move from University Height over to this new location
workoutman
post Jul 23 2011, 12:54 AM

Not all equipment from Uni Hgt lah. They imported many equipments from overseas also... arrived beginning May. Anyway, their equipments from Uni Hgt ok lah... very well maintained.

Free weights area shiok. Free Motion equipments shiok.

Customer service good mannnnn.......

Added on July 23, 2011, 1:10 amFor what they are offering , the membership fees cheap man.

Initially, I just signed up for 3 months. After my expiry, I took up 1-year membership. They say their fees are best value for money. I can't disagree.

Added on August 2, 2011, 12:13 amYeah !!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna tell my friends ...... RM30 1-week trial or RM10 1-day trial ........ only in August ............wooohooooooooo!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by workoutman: Aug 2 2011, 12:13 AM
~Curious~
post Oct 26 2011, 08:55 PM

1,744 posts

any gym in the mainland area?
KingArthurVI
post Oct 27 2011, 09:50 AM

BWOAHHHH
1,040 posts

I go to Priority Fitness at Sunway Tunas (beside PISA stadium), RM80/month and friendly gym mates.
snow_xueli
post Oct 28 2011, 04:23 PM

265 posts

QUOTE(~Curious~ @ Oct 26 2011, 08:55 PM)
any gym in the mainland area?
Absolute fitness at auto city rclxms.gif

Added on October 28, 2011, 4:24 pmyea....priority fitness at bkt gambir, plaza ivory also not bad

This post has been edited by snow_xueli: Oct 28 2011, 04:24 PM
~Curious~
post Oct 28 2011, 09:05 PM

1,744 posts

QUOTE(snow_xueli @ Oct 28 2011, 04:23 PM)
Absolute fitness at auto city  rclxms.gif

Added on October 28, 2011, 4:24 pmyea....priority fitness at bkt gambir, plaza ivory also not bad
absolute fitness got per entry charge?and any reviews about this gym?
casanoel
post Oct 30 2011, 11:06 AM

32 posts

QUOTE(~Curious~ @ Oct 28 2011, 09:05 PM)
absolute fitness got per entry charge?and any reviews about this gym?
per entry is rm40. as if you wanna try the gym for the 1st time. its FOC.
as for your concern. absolute fitness has 3 branches in penang. Queensbay Mall, Autocity Juru, and Heritage Club Penang.
there will be two more outlets opening soon (by mid of next year) in All season park farlim and sunway carnival mall.
the price they offer is cheaper compared to other commercial gyms in penang. remember, if u take up the membership in one outlet, u can use all the outlets as well. and as for my concern, absolute fitness in heritage club is the only gym which has a swimming pool together.
the sales person and the company does not reveal the price as they have promotions atleast once a month. so its better to walk in their outlet and inquire for a better price as they have first time visit incentive.
~Curious~
post Nov 1 2011, 12:43 AM

1,744 posts

owh thanks..might go and have look-see when i'm in penang
snow_xueli
post Nov 1 2011, 01:18 PM

265 posts

QUOTE(~Curious~ @ Nov 1 2011, 12:43 AM)
owh thanks..might go and have look-see when i'm in penang
I am thinking to go priority fitness at ivory plaza tongue.gif
fish_pg
post Nov 2 2011, 10:04 AM

171 posts

QUOTE(snow_xueli @ Nov 1 2011, 01:18 PM)
I am thinking to go priority fitness at ivory plaza  tongue.gif
Hi sweetheart, the priority fitness at ivory plaza have been moved to new building opposite HSBC of Queensbay Mall and have its name changed to Gym Nation.
snow_xueli
post Nov 5 2011, 01:57 PM

265 posts

QUOTE(fish_pg @ Nov 2 2011, 10:04 AM)
Hi sweetheart, the priority fitness at ivory plaza have been moved to new building opposite HSBC of Queensbay Mall and have its name changed to Gym Nation.
ah....y move to thr
Ivory plaza there quite nice ma...
the environment is nice and quite spacious
kwee90
post Mar 24 2012, 01:36 AM

QUOTE(KingArthurVI @ Oct 27 2011, 09:50 AM)
I go to Priority Fitness at Sunway Tunas (beside PISA stadium), RM80/month and friendly gym mates.
hihi~ king arthur, may i ask that u stiil hav do gym here? how is thr condition n environment?

Added on March 24, 2012, 1:39 am
QUOTE(snow_xueli @ Nov 5 2011, 01:57 PM)
ah....y move to thr
Ivory plaza there quite nice ma...
the environment is nice and quite spacious
hi, snow, may i ask tat how much of the price of the gym in de Ivory plaza?

Added on March 24, 2012, 1:41 am
QUOTE(casanoel @ Oct 30 2011, 11:06 AM)
per entry is rm40. as if you wanna try the gym for the 1st time. its FOC.
as for your concern. absolute fitness has 3 branches in penang. Queensbay Mall, Autocity Juru, and Heritage Club Penang.
there will be two more outlets opening soon (by mid of next year) in All season park farlim and sunway carnival mall.
the price they offer is cheaper compared to other commercial gyms in penang. remember, if u take up the membership in one outlet, u can use all the outlets as well. and as for my concern, absolute fitness in heritage club is the only gym which has a swimming pool together.
the sales person and the company does not reveal the price as they have promotions atleast once a month. so its better to walk in their outlet and inquire for a better price as they have first time visit incentive.
hi, casanoel, may i ask for the info about absolute fitness, is it hav any 3 months package??

Added on June 25, 2012, 9:48 am
QUOTE(workoutman @ Jul 23 2011, 12:54 AM)
Not all equipment from Uni Hgt lah. They imported many equipments from overseas also... arrived beginning May. Anyway, their equipments from Uni Hgt ok lah... very well maintained.

Free weights area shiok. Free Motion equipments shiok.

Customer service good mannnnn.......

Added on July 23, 2011, 1:10 amFor what they are offering , the membership fees cheap man.

Initially, I just signed up for 3 months. After my expiry, I took up 1-year membership. They say their fees are best value for money. I can't disagree.

Added on August 2, 2011, 12:13 amYeah !!!!!!!!!!!! I wanna tell my friends ...... RM30 1-week trial or RM10 1-day trial ........ only in August ............wooohooooooooo!!!!!!!
hihi, morning.. smile.gif
may i ask that, do u join gym nation ma?? happy.gif

Added on June 25, 2012, 9:49 am
QUOTE(snow_xueli @ Oct 28 2011, 04:23 PM)
Absolute fitness at auto city  rclxms.gif

hihi. snow xueli, do u join the priority fitness at bkt gambir here?? happy.gif how is the facilities??

This post has been edited by kwee90: Jun 25 2012, 09:49 AM
blt
post Aug 29 2012, 10:51 AM

I have joined Absolute Fitness @ Penang Heritage Club for 3 months. Would like to share my experience:

(1) The steam room is always under maintenance. From day 1 until today, it is under maintenance everyday.

(2) About 50% of the time I go there, no towel is available. I go there after work, I guess that’s the peak hours, but then isn’t it common sense to prepare more towels for peak hours? Anyway, they have a “1 towel per member” policy, so how hard can it be to estimate how many towels will be needed in advance?

You would think that they will get fed up with members always asking for towels, and do something about it. But no, they seems to be fine with it.

And I haven’t even start talking about those towels that seems torn, like 1 towel cut in half, to make it into 2 towels. What a great idea.

(3) For the past few days the swimming pool is closed for maintenance. Oh-oh, I have a bad feeling about where this is heading…

Personally I don’t use the steam room or the swimming pool, but I am still unhappy about this kind of service. Imagine someday, one by one, the treadmills go under maintenance…

One more thing, I used to wonder why some people like to vandalize things like water taps, shower heads etc. But I think I’m beginning to understand. When they get crappy service and nothing much can be done about it, that’s an easy way to get pay back. You give me crappy service, I vandalize your stuff? I don’t do this, and I don’t agree to this, but I’m beginning to see why.

0.0128sec    0.37    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:06 PM