Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How to get E2 in Petronas ( newcomer), WHAT IS CRITERIA???

views

TSKEMBARA PERANTAU
post Dec 12 2010, 07:00 PM, updated 14y ago

13 posts

am wondering, what is the criteria that petronas will give E2 for an experience people? is it any range of years experience? any outsider explain it?

emptycube
post Dec 12 2010, 07:07 PM

Getting Started
180 posts

if im not mistaken during my tenure with PET last time.. u need to be at least min 3 years (same field on the position your getting in) outside experience.

But most cases i saw last time is around 4-5 years ext exp
TSKEMBARA PERANTAU
post Dec 12 2010, 07:13 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(emptycube @ Dec 12 2010, 07:07 PM)
if im not mistaken during my tenure with PET last time.. u need to be at least min 3 years (same field on the position your getting in) outside experience.

But most cases i saw last time is around 4-5 years ext exp
Exactly..im hoping to get E2 with 11 years xperience. will i get it? then do u know how is the salary range for E1 and E2..I want to be prepared if Hr asking abt it...kindly advise "EMPTYCUBE".
shadow_calamity
post Dec 12 2010, 07:48 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

what's E1, E2? sweat.gif
rustyNaiL
post Dec 13 2010, 12:13 AM

5 posts

QUOTE(KEMBARA PERANTAU @ Dec 12 2010, 07:13 PM)
Exactly..im hoping to get E2 with 11 years xperience. will i get it? then do u know how is the salary range for E1 and E2..I want to be prepared if Hr asking abt it...kindly advise "EMPTYCUBE".
With 11 years experience, confirmed can get E2. There's one colleague of mine who just enter 5 months ago and he is E2 because of 7 years experience. Salary for entry level E1 is 4k. So for E2, u can aim higher than that. Depend on your previous salary. Good luck!
roti bakar
post Feb 26 2011, 07:47 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

QUOTE(rustyNaiL @ Dec 13 2010, 12:13 AM)
With 11 years experience, confirmed can get E2. There's one colleague of mine who just enter 5 months ago and he is E2 because of 7 years experience. Salary for entry level E1 is 4k. So for E2, u can aim higher than that. Depend on your previous salary. Good luck!
Hey,

Mind sharing what is the general increment ppl get annually?
Say I join E1 and get 4K..

Apart frm the basic what else do we get?

Thanks notworthy.gif

azraeil
post Feb 27 2011, 01:11 PM

Prince of Ravens
4,285 posts

You guys are lucky, before Petronas implemented this E1/E2 to E7 thing, it was Grade 20-32 and it usually takes 3 years from one grade to another.

This is the breakdown of E1 and the previous grade it corresponds to

E1: Grade 20-22
E2: 23 - 24
E3: 25-26 (Managerial Level)
E4: 27-28 (Senior Manager)
E5: 29-30 (General Manager)
E6: 31 (Senior General Manager)
E7: 32 MD/CEO

So if you can get to E2 in 5-6 years, you're lucky. There is an accelerated plan to allow you to move faster than 6 years but it depends on technical interviews and what not ...

Goood luck.
meonkutu11
post Feb 28 2011, 08:45 AM

Regular
1,597 posts

Is it true that if you are engineer and have a certificates such as ACCA, MBA it will easy for you to climb up to managerial level? My friend's boss advices him to take these course...he is in pcsb....
azraeil
post Feb 28 2011, 02:40 PM

Prince of Ravens
4,285 posts

IIRC, if you're in the accounting line, and you have a certified accounting such as ACCA/CIMA then you will be automatically given Grade Code 23 (E2 in the new grade level) but that was when Hassan Merican was in the CEO office (since he's an accountant etc) but now, the creme de la creme or the "baby" in the companies are Geoscience and Petroleum Engineering people or SKG-09 and SKG-10 (Skill Group), ever since 1000 people from these background left the company, those with these kind of degrees are immediately snapped up and put on an accelerated technical advancement. On average you will be promoted to E2 (that's the company's target) within 5 years. SKG09/10 are also on a different remuneration scheme than the rest of the company so their increment is different, their bonus is also now different and their skill allowance is the highest in the company.

About bloody time too. It's an O&G company, not an accounting firm.
gsc12345
post Jul 1 2011, 09:33 AM

18 posts

To all the senior who ever attended Petronas Structured Interview, may u all share what topics and situation of CASE STUDY and ROLE PLAY given to u???

I have gone through and passede telephone chi-chat session followed by online ability test...

And now i have confirmed with Petronas HR personnel that they will arrange an interview with me soon, and i want to get this job very much!!! ...

I applied for engineering executive E1 position. i only hav abt 2 years of experience but without any O&G experience.

so may all the senior out there pls share ur experience with me

a) CASE STUDY TOPICS

b) ROLE PLAY SITUATION

THX FOR UR INFO AND YOUR ASSISTANT WILL BE APPRECIATED

Thread i started to collect above mentioned info:

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=ST&f...0#entry43506921
seamless
post Jan 4 2013, 11:26 PM

1 posts

Hi there......

I just finished with my technical interview today with carigali material and corrosion dept.
Currently i am working with seamless pipes manufacturer in japan incharge of line pipe and octg for four years. Before tht i worked with small japanese company for two.years.
I think i did well explaining to them tht my experiences are relevant to that area and they seems to recognize it. Can i expect E2 salary or E1? I earned about 4000 USD in Japan now and i expect salary from 7 to 8 k from carigali. Less than tht is not worth it to return home.

any comments will be highly appreciated

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0134sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:19 PM