Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Unifi Speed Test, Speeds shown diff to network activity

views

ahpek26
post Dec 10 2010, 04:20 PM

Casual
475 posts

QUOTE(clawhammer @ Dec 10 2010, 04:10 PM)
If you're using TMnet's tool to test, it's normally testing against their own TMnet server. This would obviously be fast but if you test against some other servers around the world, speed is screwed. I guess that explains the inconsistencies you are talking about.
You totally missed the issue. The problem is the upload test itself is inaccurate because it stopped during testing and yet the upload meter shows it's still running. I've seen this kinda behavior before in speedtest.net and download.tm.net.my on international server wheres the meter is still running and yet my speedometer (client-side monitoring) shows zero activity.

Most speedtest only takes the average of the test, not the last speed it's stated in the meter. To get the most ACCURATE TEST, download a file, preferably from international server (Hotfile, Megaupload, Rapidshare etc) and see what your getting. My recommendation is to upload something to mediafire.com (allow multiple connections for free user, which is good) and then try downloading from them (using download manager). This will tell you the most accurate result for international server.

Why not local server? Who cares about local server. There's very little stuff hosted in Malaysia so its somewhat pointless. UNLESS you want to test for local cap speed, local latency or to make sure your line (physical wire or cable) is in good condition. If they are, then your local speed and latency should be good as well.

Lastly, don't trust them! Do you own speedtest with the method I mention above and see for yourself. It's not too difficult and or technical so anyone can do it.

This post has been edited by ahpek26: Dec 10 2010, 04:21 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0127sec    0.20    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:58 PM