Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
134 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Mitsubishi Triton 2.5/3.2 Turbo Club, Stepping into the 4x4 world.

views

TSPoodlepaddly
post Dec 10 2010, 01:39 AM, updated 12y ago

Getting Started
82 posts

We have been reading so many information from lowyat threads for different car models, and the idea exchange between car owners of their experience and knowledge on automobile is indeed interesting. Therefore this thread is created for the Mistubishi Triton 2.5 or 3.2 hardcore enthusiastic. Whether you are an owner, future owner or just passing by, you are welcome to share your experience and knowledge of the 4x4 automobile world.

user posted image

Simple introduction video for Mitsubishi Triton

Specification
user posted image
Note: Information courtesy from http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.my/showro...cifications.php

Version 1! Lets pray there's actually a Ver 2, having not many Triton user seen in lowyat yet. Hope all the Triton users can share their experience and discussions here.

This post has been edited by Poodlepaddly: Dec 15 2010, 08:05 AM
Titan_GigAs
post Dec 10 2010, 01:53 AM

Casual
318 posts

triton i rike! but i drive a tdci lone ranger. rolleyes.gif
storm trooper pick-up lotsa mod to play with nod.gif
tigerstick
post Dec 10 2010, 02:02 AM

24 posts

it will be nice if someone change their triton rim with 22' inch rim with low profile tyres...fuuhhh...damn good!!
TSPoodlepaddly
post Dec 10 2010, 02:06 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

Haha Titan. Yeah i like the shape too. Cant wait to get my hands on it rclxms.gif What do you mean lot's of mode to play with? hmm.gif

QUOTE(tigerstick @ Dec 10 2010, 02:02 AM)
it will be nice if someone change their triton rim with 22' inch rim with low profile tyres...fuuhhh...damn good!!
Yeah, i can imagine what you see. drool.gif But i think the 22' inch rim will burn a hole in the pocket, while the low profile tyre will incinerate your wallet sweat.gif Something i find out about low profile tyres:

Disadvantages are:
* Much more road noise
* A stiffer ride, far harder than conventional tyres
* Price

Advantages are:
* Better handling and grip
* Far superior traction and braking power compared to ordinary tyres
* Looks thumbup.gif

Having said so, the last advantages point seems to outpower all reasons. Lol. Anyone has any idea how the rim and tyre costs?

This post has been edited by Poodlepaddly: Dec 10 2010, 01:56 PM
acbc
post Dec 10 2010, 04:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,475 posts

Triton owner since 2008. Now have 2 units of automatic. One is lightly modded and the other is stock. All 2.5L.
victor87
post Dec 10 2010, 04:47 PM

Casual
430 posts

Not an owner of Triton, but always love those pickup trucks and happy to own a 3.0 DMAX biggrin.gif

Trucks is best for daily drive !!
TSPoodlepaddly
post Dec 10 2010, 05:03 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(acbc @ Dec 10 2010, 04:32 PM)
Triton owner since 2008. Now have 2 units of automatic. One is lightly modded and the other is stock. All 2.5L.
You bought 2 units for business purposes? How is the maintenance cost so far? Been looking for a list of maintenance cost for Triton but couldnt find it OL yet. I am getting my unit next Monday! thumbup.gif

QUOTE(victor87 @ Dec 10 2010, 04:47 PM)
Not an owner of Triton, but always love those pickup trucks and happy to own a 3.0 DMAX biggrin.gif

Trucks is best for daily drive !!
Yeah mate! I used to drive an slightly underpowered normal sedan car. Probably because it was second hand car during my 1st job time anyway. When I first test drive a 4x4, the two things that capture me the most was 1. My seating position was much higher than the cars beside us and with the wide windscreen, it was really a different feeling! 2. When i hit rpm 2.5 above and the turbo engine kicks in, i feel like hercules pushing a toll truck :3 The DID commonrail is indeed something biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Poodlepaddly: Dec 12 2010, 08:42 PM
victor87
post Dec 10 2010, 10:24 PM

Casual
430 posts

Yea bro... Mine kicks in around 1.9 though... The power is like keep pushing the truck forward and forward... Going up genting have bever been easier with turbodiesel... Advantage is we can have wider eye sighg when driving... Big wheels, jz ran anythinh over in case of emergency... And everyone gives way when they see it's a truck tailing them... Lot of advantage over smaller size vehicles... Especially cutting queue... Hahahah
TSPoodlepaddly
post Dec 10 2010, 10:49 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

Haha mate you are right. Last time i used to give way to all those big wheel big size cars tailing me in the highway vmad.gif , Now its my turn. Hahaha! *Kidding la.. My job requires me to travel alongside East Coast regulary. I lost count how many times i almost die trying to overtake some lorries. And the bumpy road was a pain in the ass. Hope having a 4x4 will ease things up. Although i am still not 100% expert about cars in this category, in terms of maintenance cost, commonrail engine, accessories and maybe... how to park this kind of car! sweat.gif

Sorry not really farmiliar with the 4x4 world yet. Got a photo of your car to share? blush.gif

This post has been edited by Poodlepaddly: Dec 10 2010, 10:50 PM
SUSalaskanbunny
post Dec 11 2010, 01:05 AM

Foodie
4,283 posts

i am a die hard fan of 4x4... love the rams tundras f150 silverado.... but here in asia, or rather msia... i would go for the ranger i think... will die for an amarok...

cheers ts, good car u have there... probably you would like to post some specs in a spoiler?
TSPoodlepaddly
post Dec 11 2010, 07:24 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(GRexer @ Apr 21 2009, 12:17 PM)
245/40R19
Michelin Pilot Sport 2 - RM1080 @ Bridgestone, Sunway
Guys, one standard triton tyre of 245 x 16 x 70' cost 1k above? shakehead.gif All 4x4 tyres are that expensive? With 60% City 40% highway driving, i wonder how long the tyre would last?

This post has been edited by Poodlepaddly: Dec 11 2010, 07:25 AM
Titan_GigAs
post Dec 12 2010, 03:54 PM

Casual
318 posts

see size wan la, lu mau gaya rim besar2 macho2 offset kena lah beli tayar besar lebar mahal
these tyres last quite long according to a friend who drove a ranger longer than me.
my sabah fren told me of some one there(currently the one and only in KK) who owns 30" sport rims.
lol u try guess how much it cost. whistling.gif

btw if u happen to passby LDP near sunway, the mentari plaza area ..
just beside the main road always got two parked show car tritons modified nicely,
ok kasi perencah .. i mean peracun skit first rolleyes.gif see pic not so siok,
see real depan mata u will drool.gif
user posted image
ini selalu ada sana, ada satu lagi warna putih ... tapi gambar tarak .. dun LYN drill ok rolleyes.gif
user posted image
ini tak tau .. tapi simple n nice
the 4x4 shop also have a website, which i find better compared to others.
Sila click .. laugh.gif TOP UP 4x4
TSPoodlepaddly
post Dec 12 2010, 06:01 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

^ Walao damn, kena racuned already rclxub.gif rclxm9.gif doh.gif drool.gif rclxms.gif

A fully mod Triton looks something like that huh. Very ganas, rugged, like ready to hit the mountains. I see bumper guard, bug shield, additional side mirror, front light cover, side mirror with signal, upper window shadder, modified upper exhaust, upper spot light, upper carrier, side door cladding and lots of stuff i never thought before. Pants down rclxms.gif The wheel, seems still 16' inch only? *serious poisoning here cry.gif Looks cool. But i might not modified mine to that extend. Wait my colleague all think im planning doing jungle self exploration sweat.gif At the moment i am thinking of adding these on a solid white color Triton:

1. Gear/engine/steering lock. *Considering 4x4 is a hot cake for thief nowadays, this is first on my priority list!
2. Front and rear lamp crome cover.
3. Front stainless steel bumper K-Bar.
4. Side mirror with signal
5. Leather seat covering add-on.
6. Window tinting - make the car look a bit sexy :3
7. 22 inch rim. (still researching the costs)
8. Low profile tyre (still researching the costs)

Depends on budget la. Right now, kereta pun tadak lagi*That website looks good. Very 4x4 specialized blush.gif

This post has been edited by Poodlepaddly: Dec 12 2010, 08:44 PM
SUSalaskanbunny
post Dec 12 2010, 11:22 PM

Foodie
4,283 posts

QUOTE(Poodlepaddly @ Dec 12 2010, 06:01 PM)
^ Walao damn, kena racuned already rclxub.gif  rclxm9.gif  doh.gif  drool.gif  rclxms.gif

A fully mod Triton looks something like that huh. Very ganas, rugged, like ready to hit the mountains. I see bumper guard, bug shield, additional side mirror, front light cover, side mirror with signal, upper window shadder, modified upper exhaust, upper spot light, upper carrier, side door cladding and lots of stuff i never thought before. Pants down  rclxms.gif The wheel, seems still 16' inch only? *serious poisoning here  cry.gif Looks cool. But i might not modified mine to that extend. Wait my colleague all think im planning doing jungle self exploration  sweat.gif At the moment i am thinking of adding these on a solid white color Triton:

1. Gear/engine/steering lock. *Considering 4x4 is a hot cake for thief nowadays, this is first on my priority list!
2. Front and rear lamp crome cover.
3. Front stainless steel bumper K-Bar.
4. Side mirror with signal
5. Leather seat covering add-on.
6. Window tinting - make the car look a bit sexy :3
7. 22 inch rim. (still researching the costs)
8. Low profile tyre (still researching the costs)

Depends on budget la. Right now, kereta pun tadak lagi*That website looks good. Very 4x4 specialized  blush.gif
how much will the leather covering cost ar?

also i think low profile tires defeats the purpose leh... rims will get dmg if go offroad...

any comments?

PrinceHamsap
post Dec 13 2010, 03:15 AM

Legendary
1,637 posts

anyone here install reverse camera for triton?
TSPoodlepaddly
post Dec 13 2010, 06:14 AM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(alaskanbunny @ Dec 12 2010, 11:22 PM)
how much will the leather covering cost ar?

also i think low profile tires defeats the purpose leh... rims will get dmg if go offroad...

any comments?

Leather seats add-on cost approximately RM980, but can nego for lower. It covers the front and back passenger seats (Side door not included lo)The original triton seats are okay, but i just dont like the fabric's stripes and color a bit. tongue.gif Well, you are right though. I think the low profile tyre does defeats the purpose if its for city driving most of the time and the rim is easily damaged. Gaya only no use. Need to be practical, good point.

Lol. Not trying to be bias, but that video seems very one sided. The reviewer gave ranger/triton a 10/0 score sweat.gif Overall i think all 4x4 cars have their individual specialty and attractiveness.

This post has been edited by Poodlepaddly: Dec 13 2010, 06:29 AM
SUSgogo2
post Dec 13 2010, 08:05 AM

gogo2
All Stars
18,672 posts

what is the different between 4wd of triton and say, 4wd of sportage?

hanifw
post Dec 13 2010, 08:18 AM

Casual
389 posts

dun buy mitsu, they very bad (inspira case)~
SUSalaskanbunny
post Dec 13 2010, 09:04 AM

Foodie
4,283 posts

QUOTE(Poodlepaddly @ Dec 13 2010, 06:14 AM)
Lol. Not trying to be bias, but that video seems very one sided. The reviewer gave ranger/triton a 10/0 score  sweat.gif  Overall i think all 4x4 cars have their individual specialty and attractiveness.
true true... i have lots of friends that go off road or working in the plantations with triton... good workhorse
TSPoodlepaddly
post Dec 13 2010, 09:59 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

QUOTE(hanifw @ Dec 13 2010, 08:18 AM)
dun buy mitsu, they very bad (inspira case)~
Dont chop off a whole tree because of one rotten nut : (

Alaska bunny, got picture of your ride? Can share some of your experience with a 4x4? blush.gif

134 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0242sec    0.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:49 AM