Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicClosed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> What insurance in Malaysia market now is the best?, Do state out your point too for choosing

XeonBox
post Dec 8 2010, 09:33 PM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

What insurance in Malaysia market now is the best?

I am a Malaysian working in Singapore.. Want to get insurance for medical card, PA, saving + investment.

Suggest what is best to get by RM200.00 monthly.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MNet
post Dec 8 2010, 10:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Since u at Singapore,u better buy SG insurance because MY insurance not cover when anything happen at SG,
+Quote Post
almeizer
post Dec 8 2010, 11:25 PM

Enthusiast

I think most people who understand will know that there is no best insurance, it's about what suit your need. Every plan have their own pro and con. For example medical card, some with high annual/lifetime limit but with low limit of outpatient treatment and vise versa. So let say you think outpatient treatment is not necessary then it's good with high limit. Another one is the number of panel hospital. Some insurance company do not have that much panel, so if you have preferred hospital that wanted to admit into and they not in the panel list then you have to pay first and claim back later.

So it's all about your need.

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
chew_ronnie
post Dec 9 2010, 08:35 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(almeizer @ Dec 8 2010, 11:25 PM)
I think most people who understand will know that there is no best insurance, it's about what suit your need. Every plan have their own pro and con. For example medical card, some with high annual/lifetime limit but with low limit of outpatient treatment and vise versa. So let say you think outpatient treatment is not necessary then it's good with high limit. Another one is the number of panel hospital. Some insurance company do not have that much panel, so if you have preferred hospital that wanted to admit into and they not in the panel list then you have to pay first and claim back later.

Yes i agree with ur statement fully.

So basically an IN-FORCED policy is the best insurance.
+Quote Post
jeff_v2
post Dec 10 2010, 12:34 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(MNet @ Dec 8 2010, 10:00 PM)
Since u at Singapore,u better buy SG insurance because MY insurance not cover when anything happen at SG,
+1
only death can be cover by MY insurance co.
if medical and pa better buy insurance from SG co.
all insurance is good as long as u have 1, difference is on the coverage amount.
+Quote Post
edyek
post Dec 10 2010, 02:58 PM

Business Rating :

QUOTE(jeff_v2 @ Dec 10 2010, 12:34 PM)
+1
only death can be cover by MY insurance co.
if medical and pa better buy insurance from SG co.
all insurance is good as long as u have 1, difference is on the coverage amount.
When I bought Prudential MC for my gf, the agent told me it can be covered (using loophole of course). You just have to say that you go to SG for touring not working. Every 3 months, report back to Malaysia and go in again. Anything happen, they will pay you. But of course in MYR not SGD.

But I don't know how efficient/workable this would be.

Anyway, as said by @MNet and @Jeff_v2, you should buy insurance from SG insurance company.
+Quote Post
MNet
post Dec 10 2010, 06:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(edyek @ Dec 10 2010, 02:58 PM)
When I bought Prudential MC for my gf, the agent told me it can be covered (using loophole of course). You  just have to say that you go to SG for touring not working. Every 3 months, report back to Malaysia and go in again. Anything happen, they will pay you. But of course in MYR not SGD.

Anyway, as said by @MNet and @Jeff_v2, you should buy insurance from SG insurance company.
Isn't it Prudential punye MC is expensive?
+Quote Post
cuebiz
post Dec 12 2010, 11:27 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(MNet @ Dec 10 2010, 06:35 PM)
Not really. ING is the expensive one but its coverage more extensive. Always buy within your budget.
+Quote Post
jeg
post Dec 13 2010, 02:48 PM

anyone knows which insurance company provides home insurance ? I found out that ING is the worse company in customer service after email them more than 5 times already. nobody is at the service center actually bother to write back to you .
+Quote Post
chew_ronnie
post Dec 13 2010, 04:20 PM

Casual

QUOTE(jeg @ Dec 13 2010, 02:48 PM)
anyone knows which insurance company provides home insurance ? I found out that ING is the worse company in customer service after email them more than 5 times already. nobody is at the service center actually bother to write back to you .
Hi,

I have one very very reliable agent that can serve ur needs. He's holding MCIS Zurich and Allianz home insurance product. Let me know if u r interested. THanks
+Quote Post
XeonBox
post Dec 13 2010, 09:18 PM

Enthusiast

Seem like GE still got most support? smile.gif
+Quote Post
jeg
post Dec 14 2010, 12:45 AM

QUOTE(chew_ronnie @ Dec 13 2010, 04:20 PM)
Hi,

I have one very very reliable agent that can serve ur needs. He's holding MCIS Zurich and Allianz home insurance product. Let me know if u r interested. THanks
thanks. i just want basic home insurance cover for theft and fire.
pm me their contact pls.
+Quote Post
anson lee
post Dec 14 2010, 11:01 AM

Getting Started

U can pm me if you are interested in saving+investment.

I'm in HLA.

6 years saving plan.
+Quote Post
leongal
post Dec 14 2010, 03:32 PM

~I have a new mission in life~

QUOTE(almeizer @ Dec 8 2010, 11:25 PM)

rclxms.gif thumbup.gif agree with this....no one fits all.....it depends on what you need - what kind of coverage are you looking for?
+Quote Post
skumara
post Dec 14 2010, 04:15 PM

Getting Started

does any insurence company has medical card the can cover outpatient in MY and also in oversea? Like if you travelling to korea and you fall sick in your tour, is there a medical card for this?
+Quote Post
MNet
post Dec 14 2010, 05:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!

u must pay use ur own $ 1st

when come back then claim back
+Quote Post
[f]ireZz[kf]
post Dec 14 2010, 10:17 PM

Getting Started

Anyone heard of the news about the insurance cost for company A~ next year?
+Quote Post
MNet
post Dec 15 2010, 11:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!

AIA??????????????????????
+Quote Post
raph
post Dec 15 2010, 11:22 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(fireZzkf @ Dec 14 2010, 10:17 PM)
what are trying to say?
+Quote Post
HHalphaomega
post Dec 15 2010, 11:25 AM

Casual

QUOTE(XeonBox @ Dec 8 2010, 09:33 PM)

I am a Malaysian working in Singapore.. Want to get insurance for medical card, PA, saving + investment.

For that range a ILP plan would be the best choice from outset. You can choose the company & agent based on your preference for service, plan types, convenience and other benefits.

+Quote Post
edyek
post Dec 15 2010, 03:33 PM

Business Rating :

QUOTE(MNet @ Dec 10 2010, 06:35 PM)
smile.gif RM 350 monthly (forget the exact figure.) Added in with Pru Lady.
+Quote Post
chew_ronnie
post Dec 15 2010, 04:04 PM

Casual

QUOTE(fireZzkf @ Dec 14 2010, 10:17 PM)
Its either AIA or Allianz.

It is true that the Cost of Insurance for Allianz will increase by January next year but I dont know the exact date. However it will not affect existing customers, only new application is being affected.
+Quote Post
West Wing
post Dec 15 2010, 04:22 PM

Regular

What is the best insurance policy???????

In my opinion, it shall be which is the best insurance agent and afew requirements are.

1. Honesty
2. Trustworthy
3. Reputed company

but most of all, the agent selling to you must have a good heart who doesn't see you as a big fat turkey for Christmas.
+Quote Post
[f]ireZz[kf]
post Dec 15 2010, 10:08 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(chew_ronnie @ Dec 15 2010, 04:04 PM)
Its either AIA or Allianz.

It is true that the Cost of Insurance for Allianz will increase by January next year but I dont know the exact date. However it will not affect existing customers, only new application is being affected.
I thought is just rumors. Sorry about it.
Do you know how much the increment? does Allianz have any platform for customer to check on their policy information, fund value etc?

This post has been edited by [f]ireZz[kf]: Dec 15 2010, 10:10 PM
+Quote Post
chew_ronnie
post Dec 16 2010, 05:45 PM

Casual

QUOTE(fireZzkf @ Dec 15 2010, 10:08 PM)
I thought is just rumors. Sorry about it.
Do you know how much the increment? does Allianz have any platform for customer to check on their policy information, fund value etc?
It is not rumours (nothing to hide also la), its confirmed as the increment should be in the region of 30 to 40%, but i dunno which riders are being affected.

Go to www.allianz.com.my and login if u are the customer. When you log in, the number of units and the cash values will be listed there. On the same page also, you can find the fund prices.

Let me know if u need my assistance.
+Quote Post
redruby
post Dec 16 2010, 06:00 PM

If you are looking for comprehensive plan that includes (medical card) MC, LIFE ,(total permanent disability )TPD,(Critical Ilness)CI and investment plan , then you should go for Investment link plan (ILP) , if you are looking solely for protection (such as TPD , life and medical card)then you can consider term insurance . However for me i would prefer ILP instead of term since i can everything in one plan .

If you want to discuss about this more then you call me then
+Quote Post
coolpajames
post Dec 17 2010, 11:43 AM

Getting Started

bro they will la...only 60 days after u leave malaysia no more cover. so best get 1 in SG...n pls since u r in SG n i assume i r educated..RM200 can get u any damn thing...from low protection to insane protection...WAT IS IT YOU WANT?!?!?!
that's the main thing...not "i got a budget of 200 give me a random policy that i dunno if it meets my need but wat the heck i dun care s long s i have an insurance cover."

so in summary...what do you need an insurance for??? Medical coverage? to ensure if anything happens to u that ur family dun need to b in financial duress? these are more important.

if u really wanna b serious about ur own life. think on this and PM me. let me help u help urself in getting the best suitable plan for urself.

+Quote Post
HHalphaomega
post Dec 20 2010, 07:10 PM

Casual

Sit down with an insurance agent or financial planner to have a suitable plan designed for your objective based on your budget. This would be the best way to go.
+Quote Post
jazzzy
post Jan 20 2011, 07:55 PM

Hi..For your medical coverage both in Singapore & Malaysia, Allianz Medical Card attached with Powerlink Investment account does cover your bills in singapore and the BEST part of it, it DOES NOT have conditions such as 90 days coverage only!! As for as i know, Allianz Medical card is the only one that pays your hospital bills without the limit of days through out the year!

Most importantly, your medical bills are paid 100% as charged!! You dont have to pay 10% Co-INSURANCE!!!
Most of the Medical cards with insurance companies in Malaysia has that 10% co-insurance. A good agent would advise you what are the limitations and loopholes in the policies BEFORE it explodes like a TIME BOMB when you make the claims in the hospital!!

Please take note that Cancer & Kidney treatment are the most expensive treatment & its for long term!! Its under the OUTPATIENT TREATMENT category!!! If you have a 10% co-insurance in your medical card, can you imagine how much you have to burn your hard earn money to the hospitals?? ITS LIKE A FINANCIAL CANCER...here's the example:

Cost of Chemo for Cancer:

1 session cost close to RM10k ..you have to pay 10% co-insurance= RM1000
10 sessions x RM10k=RM100K...You have to pay RM10,000 from your hard earned money!! And you & i know the treatment doesnt stop there.....so does your $$$ being burned everytime you seek treatment even though you might have a medical card!!

If there is a good & honest agent who w/o calculating his commissions, the agent would highlight the TimeBomb in the medical card and wld recommend a good medical card (even though if its not his company)that pays 100% of your bills AS CHARGED!! Because a good Financial Advisor wld give you an open honest advise based on knowing your rights as a policy holder!!!

Please feel free to email me if you need In-depth understanding in choosing a Good medical plan in Malaysia w/o any obligation....KNOW YOUR RIGHTS!!! my email is : jazzz_jj@yahoo.co.uk

If your budget is RM200pm, u can have a good saving plan with Medical coverage up to RM1.5 million life time limit & YES, its paid AS CHARGED 100%!!!

Be WISE in the choices you make TODAY for Tomorrow!

cheers!

Cheers!!!
+Quote Post
smartinvestor01
post Oct 17 2011, 03:02 PM

Passive Income On The Line

Looks like Etiqa not really much supported in this poll..
+Quote Post
MamulaMoon
post Oct 17 2011, 04:11 PM

Getting Started

Berjaya Sompo
+Quote Post
denisnkh
post Nov 29 2011, 10:40 PM

Group: New Member

Allianz is the Best in the market...PM me For more detail...denisnkh@gmail.com
+Quote Post
echoesian
post Nov 29 2011, 11:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Why Prudential has the highest ranking on the poll? In what categories do Prudential shine on? Medical or Life or Investment-Linked or Endownment?
+Quote Post
n8210
post Dec 22 2011, 10:06 AM

Regular

Is there a forum about Prudential only? I want to ask about the co-insurance. Thanks. Sorry if I am on the wrong forum to discuss abt this.
+Quote Post
Colaboy
post Dec 22 2011, 12:57 PM

On my way

QUOTE(West Wing @ Dec 15 2010, 04:22 PM)
What is the best insurance policy???????

In my opinion, it shall be which is the best insurance agent and afew requirements are.

1. Honesty
2. Trustworthy
3. Reputed company

but most of all, the agent selling to you must have a good heart who doesn't see you as a big fat turkey for Christmas.
Well spoken. I'm always saying a good agent is more important than a good company.

QUOTE(echoesian @ Nov 29 2011, 11:58 PM)
Why Prudential has the highest ranking on the poll? In what categories do Prudential shine on? Medical or Life or Investment-Linked or Endownment?
We are strong in Investment-Linked & Medical insurance. thumbup.gif

QUOTE(n8210 @ Dec 22 2011, 10:06 AM)
Is there a forum about Prudential only? I want to ask about the co-insurance. Thanks. Sorry if I am on the wrong forum to discuss abt this.
Our co-insurance in medical insurance is 10% of the medical bill or a minimum of RM300 till a maximum of RM1000. rclxm9.gif

This post has been edited by Colaboy: Dec 22 2011, 01:02 PM
+Quote Post
n8210
post Dec 22 2011, 01:24 PM

Regular

Thanks
+Quote Post
venven81
post Dec 22 2011, 04:39 PM

Casual

for those who're interested in overseas medical treatment, you could check with Prudential as this benefit could be included in their medical plan. check with your agent smile.gif
+Quote Post
lhgan
post Dec 23 2011, 12:51 PM

From Great Eastern

Premium paid – RM300 per month

Protection (until 99 years old)
Death Benefit – RM100,000 + 1% increase p.a. + Total Investment Value
Total & Permanent Disability – RM100,000
Critical Illness Benefit (a.k.a. 36 illness) – RM100,000
Waiver of Premium Benefit – that is, the annual premium is waive till 99 years old in the event of Total & Permanent Disability OR get critical illness

Medical Card: (until 80 years old)
Death Benefit: RM15,000
Room & Board: RM200 per day
Annual Limit – RM120,000
Lifetime Limit – RM960,000

Medical card covers the following (subject to Annual and Lifetime Limit):
Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
Hospital Supplies and Services
Surgical Fees
Operating theatre
Anaesthetist Fees
Pre-Hospitalisation Diagnostic Tests
Pre-Hospitalisation Specialist Consultation
Post-Hospitalisation Treatment
Organ Transplant Ambulance Fees
Day Surgery
Outpatient Cancer treatment
Outpatient Kidney Dialysis

Investment:
Investment value is 8% per annum

Example: after 15 years
Total premium paid - RM3,600 x 15 = RM54,000
Surrender value of the policy RM56,000
If death occurs in 15 year,
Total pay out amount to Nominee – RM56,000 (Investment value) + RM180,000 (Death Benefit)
RM236,000
Almost 4 times of what you paid over 15 years

+Quote Post
Denis
post Dec 23 2011, 03:54 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lhgan @ Dec 23 2011, 12:51 PM)
From Great Eastern

Premium paid – RM300 per month

Protection (until 99 years old)
Death Benefit – RM100,000 + 1% increase p.a. + Total Investment Value
Total & Permanent Disability – RM100,000
Critical Illness Benefit (a.k.a. 36 illness) – RM100,000
Waiver of Premium Benefit – that is, the annual premium is waive till 99 years old in the event of Total & Permanent Disability OR get critical illness

Medical Card: (until 80 years old)
Death Benefit: RM15,000
Room & Board: RM200 per day
Annual Limit – RM120,000
Lifetime Limit – RM960,000

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Isn't up to age 100?
I bought from Prudential and the medical fee covers up to 100 years old.

This post has been edited by Denis: Dec 23 2011, 03:56 PM
+Quote Post
Colaboy
post Dec 23 2011, 09:46 PM

On my way

QUOTE(Denis @ Dec 23 2011, 03:54 PM)
Isn't up to age 100?
I bought from Prudential and the medical fee covers up to 100 years old.
we can design the medical to covor up to age 70, 80 or 100. It all depends the customer needs.
80 is common nowdays ...... not many ppl will opp for 100 as they are thinking they wont be alive for so long. hmm.gif
+Quote Post
lunchtime
post Dec 24 2011, 12:00 AM

Casual

Prudential is nothing but marketing. Only fools believe in such hypes. whistling.gif

Added on December 24, 2011, 12:06 amand in this thread, all the insurance agents & so call wealth planners promoting kaw kaw as well. But who really can you believe?

Added on December 24, 2011, 12:10 amand to those asking which is the bestest insurance company, go look for a good agent, not the bestest company.

What can the bestest company do for you? You own the company ka? Do you know what a good agent can do for you? Wonders lor.

This post has been edited by lunchtime: Dec 24 2011, 12:10 AM
+Quote Post
venven81
post Dec 24 2011, 08:12 AM

Casual

QUOTE(lunchtime @ Dec 24 2011, 12:00 AM)
Prudential is nothing but marketing. Only fools believe in such hypes.  whistling.gif

Added on December 24, 2011, 12:06 amand in this thread, all the insurance agents & so call wealth planners promoting kaw kaw as well. But who really can you believe?

Added on December 24, 2011, 12:10 amand to those asking which is the bestest insurance company, go look for a good agent, not the bestest company.

What can the bestest company do for you? You own the company ka? Do you know what a good agent can do for you? Wonders lor.
what lunchtime mentioned is true to a certain extent (not on the bit about Prudential is all about marketing). all insurance companies are here to take your risk if you're willing to transfer your risk to them. all insurance companies are strictly regulated by Bank Negara and hence the benefits you're getting from them are quite similar but not the same.

when you have a good/responsible agent to take care of your insurance needs, then you're in good hands. however, you have to make sure that you understand the benefits that you are getting are the benefits that you require. read the Ts and Cs carefully (although most people won't do this).

the insurance companies are here to make profit and of course we have to make our money worth the spending.
+Quote Post
Denis
post Dec 24 2011, 08:32 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Colaboy @ Dec 23 2011, 09:46 PM)
we can design the medical to covor up to age 70, 80 or 100. It all depends the customer needs.
80 is common nowdays ...... not many ppl will opp for 100 as they are thinking they wont be alive for so long.  hmm.gif
Will the medical fee cover for age 100 is higher than age 80?
If yes, then roughly higher by how much(in %)?

Thank.

Added on December 24, 2011, 8:38 am
QUOTE(lunchtime @ Dec 24 2011, 12:00 AM)
Prudential is nothing but marketing. Only fools believe in such hypes.  whistling.gif

I think there are differences for medical insurance.

For example,
1) co-insurance
2) medical fee coverage (type of diseases)

This post has been edited by Denis: Dec 24 2011, 08:38 AM
+Quote Post
lunchtime
post Dec 24 2011, 09:17 AM

Casual

I think there are differences for medical insurance.

For example,
1) co-insurance
2) medical fee coverage (type of diseases)

[/quote]

you think or you know? please share the differences. rclxms.gif

Added on December 24, 2011, 9:20 am
QUOTE(venven81 @ Dec 24 2011, 08:12 AM)
what lunchtime mentioned is true to a certain extent (not on the bit about Prudential is all about marketing). all insurance companies are here to take your risk if you're willing to transfer your risk to them. all insurance companies are strictly regulated by Bank Negara and hence the benefits you're getting from them are quite similar but not the same.

when you have a good/responsible agent to take care of your insurance needs, then you're in good hands. however, you have to make sure that you understand the benefits that you are getting are the benefits that you require. read the Ts and Cs carefully (although most people won't do this).

the insurance companies are here to make profit and of course we have to make our money worth the spending.
only fools asking for bestest company, that's why fools and money will soon part. rclxms.gif

This post has been edited by lunchtime: Dec 24 2011, 09:20 AM
+Quote Post
Denis
post Dec 24 2011, 11:07 AM

Getting Started

-delete-

This post has been edited by Denis: Dec 24 2011, 11:14 AM
+Quote Post
Colaboy
post Dec 24 2011, 01:50 PM

On my way

QUOTE(lunchtime @ Dec 24 2011, 09:17 AM)

only fools asking for bestest company, that's why fools and money will soon part.  rclxms.gif
Only a fool will be calling somebody else a fool. If you have anything against insurance i dont blame you for it,
please do have some respect for TS.
+Quote Post
lunchtime
post Dec 24 2011, 03:16 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Colaboy @ Dec 24 2011, 01:50 PM)
Only a fool will be calling somebody else a fool. If you have anything against insurance i dont blame you for it,
please do have some respect for TS.
Why? is it because you are feeling it since Prudential always promoting themselves as no.1 & best? investment linked also the best, right? And you agents are the best as well. Your words are the gospel truth.

Care to explain the disadvantages of your investment linked policy?

By the way, can you survive on $1132 per year? Since you so happy clapping hands on the other thread.

This post has been edited by lunchtime: Dec 24 2011, 03:25 PM
+Quote Post
chew_ronnie
post Dec 24 2011, 04:57 PM

Casual

The best insurance is an inforced policy. Regardless of what kind of survey done, if u don't buy it, then it's useless!
+Quote Post
saintprayer
post Dec 24 2011, 06:18 PM

QUOTE(lunchtime @ Dec 24 2011, 03:16 PM)
Why? is it because you are feeling it since Prudential always promoting themselves as no.1 & best?  investment linked also the best, right? And you agents are the best as well. Your words are the gospel truth.

Care to explain the disadvantages of your investment linked policy? 

By the way, can you survive on $1132 per year? Since you so happy clapping hands on the other thread.
Agents selling investment linked policy know the disadvantage of investment linked policy, that's the return are not guaranteed and profit are subjected to market fluctuation. the policyowner assumed all the risks of losses, and also take the benefits of profit. The way you can minimise the risk is choosing an insurance company that have strong investment team, prudential is certainly one the many.

Dont get me wrong, i am not an insurance agent of prudential nor i have any policy from prudential. Just my personal view.
+Quote Post
lunchtime
post Dec 24 2011, 06:57 PM

Casual

QUOTE(saintprayer @ Dec 24 2011, 06:18 PM)
Agents selling investment linked policy know the disadvantage of investment linked policy, that's the return are not guaranteed and profit are subjected to market fluctuation. the policyowner assumed all the risks of losses, and also take the benefits of profit. The way you can minimise the risk is choosing an insurance company that have strong investment team, prudential is certainly one the many.

Dont get me wrong, i am not an insurance agent of prudential nor i have any policy from prudential. Just my personal view.
Assuming these agents know the disadvantages, do they tell their clients before signing? Looking at the number of complaints, I doubt so.
+Quote Post
saintprayer
post Dec 24 2011, 08:50 PM

QUOTE(lunchtime @ Dec 24 2011, 06:57 PM)
Assuming these agents know the disadvantages, do they tell their clients before signing? Looking at the number of complaints, I doubt so.
agree with you, that's why good agent is important, like someone else said. but i think it is also important for applicant to ask more isnt it? if agent refuse to disclose these info then it is another story...
+Quote Post
wb4j
post Dec 25 2011, 11:27 PM

Casual

Some may want more return from the insurance policy. Some would even argue about guarantee return. For me, return is secondary. What is important in insurance is the coverage and sum insured.

I opted ILP becoz I get the most coverage with the least premium. I kinda the hate endowment becoz it is the most expensive in premium with the least coverage. If I want return, I would buy property, bond or even fd.
+Quote Post
MadameD
post Jan 4 2012, 03:02 AM

QUOTE(skumara @ Dec 14 2010, 04:15 PM)
does any insurence company has medical card the can cover outpatient in MY and also in oversea? Like if you travelling to korea and you fall sick in your tour, is there a medical card for this?
You plan to go Korea for travelling or for long period of time?
At this moment, there aren't any Medical Card which you can totally charged to the Insurance Company on the spot overseas (except a few selected illnesses & country, which usually is an arranged hospitalisation).

You would need to pay upfront first and reimburse back in your home country with the ORIGINAL receipt.
Total amount of reimbursement also depends on which plan you've bought (your local card covers overseas or a travel insurance). Usually Travel Insurance covers 100% in foreign currency exchange.

Hope this helps you or others.

thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
XeonBox
post Jan 11 2012, 10:37 PM

Enthusiast

Me myself i believed in Great Eastern.. But see from the Post.. Seem that Alianz also no bad. Anyone have comment toward this?
+Quote Post
roystevenung
post Jan 20 2012, 08:28 AM

Regular

Hi there, I just found this forum and I am an Prudential Insurance Agent. Below are my inputs. I am not here to say which insurance company is the best as I had always believe that we have to be as honest as to the best of our knowledge to our clients/friends.

The word INSURANCE has and always had been PROTECTION ... PERIOD. Somehow the word INVESTMENT LINKED has been a bit misleading and regrettably some agents sells based on how much cash value you'll be able to have when you are old.

Surely with the investment linked policy your premium paid will be tied to the underlying funds which is based on performance and that you can withdraw if you need to. HOWEVER please do take note that when you withdraw, DO THINK OF when you're older. For a business man who has his business running he don't have to retire, but for "ta kong chai" (people who work for people), one day they will retire.

Suppose you retire at age 55, most medical cards nowadays COVERS you till you're 80, and if you don't have work, how are you going to pay the insurance premium? MEDICAL Insurance premium GOES UP BY AGE IRREGARDLESS of what age you get it at. YES! that is the fact. Take a look at your policy. Even though now you're paying RM250/mth, you'll still be paying RM250/mth as you grow older.

However, if the premium that you're paying is NOT sufficient to cover for the insurance charge, it'll be deducted from your cash value. So if you were to withdraw your cash value, WHO IS GOING TO PAY FOR THE INSURANCE CHARGE in later years?

Insurance is a LONG TERM commitment, and some are for LIFE. For medical insurance, there is no such thing as pay 10 years and don't have to pay for the rest of your life. I always tell my client that their medical insurance is like your car insurance (except car insurance does not have cash value).

For car insurance once you stop payment you cant drive. Same goes to the medical insurance but the major difference is that medical insurance may have cash value to help you pay when you're not able to (ie when you retire).

Insurance policy is also a law abiding CONTRACT. Everything is stated in the policy documents.

For me, if you really want to look into purely investment go people who does investment or go to the bank. We sell INSURANCE COVER.

Roy Steven Ung (stevenung1971@gmail.com) 016-451 5957 (Opens 24/7)
Prudential Assurance (M) Bhd
KWSP Penang
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
silkysilk
post Jan 20 2012, 01:06 PM

Getting Started

this yr we will see GE vs Pru, both will start their campaign soon
+Quote Post
catfish0001
post Jan 21 2012, 06:47 PM

sorry to kaco thread..usually what should we cover more, bit confuse on all insurances part..and any have experience with great eastern,is it difficult to claim the insurance?
+Quote Post
Colaboy
post Jan 21 2012, 08:43 PM

On my way

QUOTE(catfish0001 @ Jan 21 2012, 06:47 PM)
sorry to kaco thread..usually what should we cover more, bit confuse on all insurances part..and any have experience with great eastern,is it difficult to claim the insurance?
my personal point of view is 36 Illnesses is very important . . . 1 person should covor at least 4 X of their annual income
Why?? If comparing to medical expenses, we still have another option that is General Hospital.

36 Illnesses will help a person:
1)to pay for their medical bills
2)daily expenses such as bills, food & etc
3)maintain their current lifestyle IF they are unable to WORK
4)and the list goes on
+Quote Post
catfish0001
post Jan 21 2012, 09:05 PM

illness can be used for daily expenses?..does the insurance increase with ages?..
+Quote Post
venven81
post Jan 22 2012, 12:59 PM

Casual

QUOTE(catfish0001 @ Jan 21 2012, 06:47 PM)
this is a very subjective issue. one would want to have more cover for life/death but the other person may want more for his medical insurance. there's no "which/what should be more" thing because at the end of the day it boils down to individual's needs and preference. having said that, i must say one ought to have protection before he starts to look into investment and that's why we always say don't start investing all your money if you still have not had your risk being taken care of.
+Quote Post
NNathan
post Jan 23 2012, 08:32 PM

IMHO, the best coverage is a balance of whole life and medical card. Some people opt for investment-linked and medical card too, usually because it's cheaper than whole life. Anything else ie Endowment is optional. For those who know they will work at the same job for many, many years and get only about 5% salary increment every year + don't know about investment, should probably consider endowment plans to help increase their wealth otherwise not necessary.

Here's a website, Compare-Insurance, that helps people see what options are available out there. You can 'shortlist' by product type and needs so that you can see what policies are available for those needs. I personally found it a different way to view insurance shopping. What do you think?

Here is the url again; www.compare-insurance.com.my

+Quote Post
lunchtime
post Jan 27 2012, 02:11 AM

Casual

QUOTE(NNathan @ Jan 23 2012, 08:32 PM)
IMHO, the best coverage is a balance of whole life and medical card. Some people opt for investment-linked and medical card too, usually because it's cheaper than whole life. Anything else ie Endowment is optional. For those who know they will work at the same job for many, many years and get only about 5% salary increment every year + don't know about investment, should probably consider endowment plans to help increase their wealth otherwise not necessary. Here's a website,  Compare-Insurance,  that helps people see what options are available out there. You can 'shortlist' by product type and needs so that you can see what policies are available for those needs. I personally found it a different way to view insurance shopping. What do you think? 

Here is the url again; www.compare-insurance.com.my
do you understand in detail how an endowment policy works for you to make such statements? LOL

Added on January 27, 2012, 2:14 am
Advertisments & marketing gimmick lar ala iphone.

This post has been edited by lunchtime: Jan 27 2012, 02:14 AM
+Quote Post
sojiroseta
post Jan 30 2012, 08:49 AM

The Tenken

Prudential or Etiqa is good insurance...smile.gif
+Quote Post
XeonBox
post Feb 3 2012, 10:14 PM

Enthusiast

Are you sure? Etiqa?
+Quote Post
moonlove99
post Feb 15 2012, 10:52 PM

why dont have Allianz?
I will choose Allianz is the best......
+Quote Post
miltonmykl
post Feb 16 2012, 05:03 PM

Non is the best... All are average good enough. The best is the services provided by your agent...

If you select medica card, can go for AIA, ING and Prudential.. Select those without lifetime limit is better...

Added on February 16, 2012, 5:06 pmPlease login www.miltonmykl.com if you have any query about your tax and insurance since you are working abroad... Do care about your tax submission coz LHDN start trace back all the old records recently...

This post has been edited by miltonmykl: Feb 16 2012, 05:06 PM
+Quote Post
XeonBox
post Feb 16 2012, 09:25 PM

Enthusiast

Prudential come with lifetime medical card without continue paying the premium? How about Great Eastern and Allianz?
+Quote Post
qqsnoopy
post Feb 17 2012, 09:43 AM

QUOTE(edyek @ Dec 10 2010, 02:58 PM)
When I bought Prudential MC for my gf, the agent told me it can be covered (using loophole of course). You  just have to say that you go to SG for touring not working. Every 3 months, report back to Malaysia and go in again. Anything happen, they will pay you. But of course in MYR not SGD.

Prudential MC - as long as the bills must be sent back to Malaysia to claim within 90 days. Another way, u can buy Prudential medical card and attach optional benefit - PRU medic overseas since if you are work in SG / China / HK.

PRUmedic overseas: In addition to comprehensive coverage for hospitalisation and surgical expenses under your PRUhealth plan, you now have the option of obtaining overseas medical treatment for 5 types of covered conditions in Singapore, Hong Kong and China. Company will bear the total cost of an eligible benefit up to annual limit for treatment/ hospitalisation of covered conditions in Singapore, Hong Kong and China.

Prudential ILP plan - depend on the needs & requirement on individual. Besides, also depend on individual budget per month

Added on February 17, 2012, 12:11 pm
QUOTE(jazzzy @ Jan 20 2011, 07:55 PM)
Hi..For your medical coverage both in Singapore & Malaysia, Allianz Medical Card attached with Powerlink Investment account does cover your bills in singapore and the BEST part of it, it DOES NOT have conditions such as 90 days coverage only!! As for as i know, Allianz Medical card is the only one that pays your hospital bills without the limit of days through out the year!

Most importantly, your medical bills are paid 100% as charged!! You dont have to pay 10% Co-INSURANCE!!!
Most of the Medical cards with insurance companies in Malaysia has that 10% co-insurance. A good agent would advise you what are the limitations and loopholes in the policies BEFORE it explodes like a TIME BOMB when you make the claims in the hospital!!

Please take note that Cancer & Kidney treatment are the most expensive treatment & its for long term!! Its under the OUTPATIENT TREATMENT category!!! If you have a 10% co-insurance in your medical card, can you imagine how much you have to burn your hard earn money to the hospitals?? ITS LIKE A FINANCIAL CANCER...here's the example:

Cost of Chemo for Cancer:

1 session cost close to RM10k ..you have to pay 10% co-insurance= RM1000
10 sessions x RM10k=RM100K...You have to pay RM10,000 from your hard earned money!! And you & i know the treatment doesnt stop there.....so does your $$$ being burned everytime you seek treatment even  though you might have a medical card!!

If there is a good & honest agent who w/o calculating his commissions, the agent would highlight the TimeBomb in the medical card and wld recommend a good medical card (even though if its not his company)that pays 100% of your bills AS CHARGED!! Because a good Financial Advisor wld give you an open honest advise based on knowing your rights as a policy holder!!!

Please feel free to email me if you need In-depth understanding in choosing a Good medical plan in Malaysia w/o any obligation....KNOW YOUR RIGHTS!!!  my email is : jazzz_jj@yahoo.co.uk

If your budget is RM200pm, u can have a good saving plan with Medical coverage up to RM1.5 million life time limit & YES, its paid AS CHARGED 100%!!!

Be WISE in the choices you make TODAY for Tomorrow!

cheers!

Cheers!!!
All the insurance policy is control and approved by Bank Negara.... Yup, I agreed now some of the company offer medical card with no 10% co-insurance.... But must read through the term and condition / hidden charges which apply.

As long as the person understand the risk, then if still want go ahead. Then no issue.

This post has been edited by qqsnoopy: Feb 17 2012, 12:11 PM
+Quote Post
jazzzy
post Feb 24 2012, 01:08 AM

Hi...

Thank you all for emailing and calling me for advise on knowing your rights as a policy holder in Malaysia and understanding with in depth knowledge of the various types of Insurance and medical plans out there!! Im truly humbled and amazed at such tremendous response from you guys !! =)

Based on my experience with all who have met me personally for advise, nearly 80% are clueless on the type of policies they have bought over the years. They have been paying for the many polcies with the assumption that it will all pay them in full no matter what their claims are - without understanding the limitations!
Many have said that they bought the policies because the agent was their friend, family members etc. Some said they bought the policy based on the branding and marketing claims that its the No.1 insurance company in Malaysia.

Guys, please take note that a Branding of the company is not gonna save you from a sinking ship!! What matters most is what is clearly documented in your policy documents...Please do read the terms and conditions cleary. The various medical plans in MAlaysia comes with various limitations in comparison. So do not buy the idea that " All medical insurance are the same"

Most of my clients consult me for a review on the different type of policies they have bought of the years. They are utterly shocked beyond words on the type of limitations they r sitting on....Well, at least they made a choice to make time to understand the limitations before its too late....u can still run before the volcanic erupts!!!

Please do not just get quotation thru email for comparison in premium cost & investment returns but sit down with an experienced agent who can give you in depth understanding on how to choose a medical plan based on your needs, budget and how to avoid costly mistakes.
Quotations are technical in nature- therefore many people get confused n are put off by the various terms used. Soo, some normaly either ignore it or buy based on the hype of the marketing campaigns.

The most important aspect of the claims are what is documented in your policy doc. Its crucial for you to understand the fine prints...You need to know how to avoid costly mistakes before your health changes!!!

An experienced agent would have done many hospitalisation claims for his/her clients over the years. Through the experience, one can tell what it gonna work for you & what can be the biggest financial cost of your life!!

If you have a choice to choose:

Company Y pays 90% of your Medical Bills

Company X pays 100% of your Medical Bills

1) Which is a smarter choice?

2) Do you know the difference between In Hospitalisation & Outpatient Treatment? Why is it in a separate column in your Medical Schedule of Benefits?

3) What are the limitations in your policy Vs the Actual Cost of Medical treatment currently?

How do you define Risk?
Actuarist are higly trained individuals with such intelligence to determine the risk factor before getting a plan/quote approved by Bank Negara. Many things can be said verbally but alwiz look at the fine prints and the Cost of Insurance chart in the policy documents- thus it helps you make an informed decision wisely!!

Feel free to email me for further advise ( jazzz_jj@yahoo.co.uk)

Please take note- this informations shared are mainly to create awareness for policy holders to know your rights when it comes to Claims because it is your hard earned money that goes into premium payments!!

So take time to plan wisely before its too late!

Thanking you!

+Quote Post

Bump TopicClosed TopicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1160sec    2.46    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 04:16 PM