myvi steering rack having problem?, having sound when making a quick turn

TSkelvencck
post Nov 30 2010, 08:51 PM, updated 14y ago

guys,who driving a myvi here having this problem?

when u make a fast/quick turn.. u will hear sound liked "tung" from the front rim inside/abs/disc brake tat area..

heard some mechanic said,many myvi got this kind of prob.. n it cost u a bomb to repair it / else ur car stil under warranty..

after repaired.. after sometimes, the prob stil occur again.. reli headache.. any best solution for it?

can use passo steering rack for replacement to solve this prob?

This post has been edited by kelvencck: Nov 30 2010, 08:51 PM
duckaton
post Dec 1 2010, 03:00 AM

Progress is Imminent
1,216 posts

QUOTE(kelvencck @ Nov 30 2010, 08:51 PM)
guys,who driving a myvi here having this problem?

when u make a fast/quick turn.. u will hear sound liked "tung" from the front rim inside/abs/disc brake tat area..

heard some mechanic said,many myvi got this kind of prob.. n it cost u a bomb to repair it / else ur car stil under warranty..

after repaired.. after sometimes, the prob stil occur again.. reli headache.. any best solution for it?

can use passo steering rack for replacement to solve this prob?
You sure it is the steering rack?
sounds more like your tyre is hitting the fender.
if your rims/tyres is stock, then ignore this.

steering rack problems usually results in the car wandering off the straight line
and sluggish steering response (meaning, you turn steering, a moment later then only the car turns.
Not to be mistaken as to underinflated tyres or high profile tyres that shows the same characteristic)

steering rack is normally replaced rather than repaired.
you can try get an honest mechanic to tighten/decrease the freeplay of the steering rack for you and see how it goes.

goodluck!
TSkelvencck
post Dec 1 2010, 03:46 AM

QUOTE(duckaton @ Dec 1 2010, 03:00 AM)
You sure it is the steering rack?
sounds more like your tyre is hitting the fender.
if your rims/tyres is stock, then ignore this.

steering rack problems usually results in the car wandering off the straight line
and sluggish steering response (meaning, you turn steering, a moment later then only the car turns.
Not to be mistaken as to underinflated tyres or high profile tyres that shows the same characteristic)

steering rack is normally replaced rather than repaired.
you can try get an honest mechanic to tighten/decrease the freeplay of the steering rack for you and see how it goes.

goodluck!
yea,im using 17' N adjustables.. before tis dun hv tis sound1.. jz recently having tis.. speed ard 20kmh also can hear ady.. when the car stop/not move.. the sound gone.. when u make a quick turn to left.. the sound only appear.. it sound "tung".. but only beep once each time.. right turn no prob at all

pleomax7
post Dec 10 2010, 10:34 PM

17". Is it too big for myvi?
gagak_84
post Dec 13 2010, 02:06 PM

132 posts

cv joint got problem... kluck kluck kluck or thung!!
becham
post Dec 18 2010, 08:13 AM

soon to be dad
802 posts

the sound came from your driveshaft..if turning to right produces the sound, means it is your left driveshaft...it turning to left produces the sound, then it came from your right driveshaft..

your driveshaft nearly to kong but not serious since only when quickturn..if every turn it make sound, then you need to change one...original is expensive..usually people use aftermarket or buy from halfcut shop.
Reizz
post Dec 18 2010, 08:24 AM

295 posts

Id day shock absorber or driveshaft.. Or u change to a bigger size tyre or rim
TSkelvencck
post Dec 19 2010, 03:55 AM

QUOTE(becham @ Dec 18 2010, 08:13 AM)
the sound came from your driveshaft..if turning to right produces the sound, means it is your left driveshaft...it turning to left produces the sound, then it  came from your right driveshaft..

your driveshaft nearly to kong but not serious since only when quickturn..if every turn it make sound, then you need to change one...original is expensive..usually people use aftermarket or buy from halfcut shop.
i think is driveshaft prob.. how much it cost for new / halfcut condition bro?

Added on December 19, 2010, 3:57 am
QUOTE(Reizz @ Dec 18 2010, 08:24 AM)
Id day shock absorber or driveshaft.. Or u change to a bigger size tyre or rim
abs n rims should nt be the prob.. coz i been using the abs n rims quite few months only the sound exist

This post has been edited by kelvencck: Dec 19 2010, 03:57 AM
jackchong890
post Dec 19 2010, 06:47 PM

342 posts

"tuk tuk "
drive shaft kong oledi

and ur 17" rim might be too big for ur myvi ..LOL
makaveli
post Dec 20 2010, 09:50 AM

Livin' la Vida Loca
1,484 posts

change your bolt head.
will be ok wan.
im using 17 also.
solve on that.
TSkelvencck
post Dec 20 2010, 04:50 PM

QUOTE(makaveli @ Dec 20 2010, 09:50 AM)
change your bolt head.
will be ok wan.
im using 17 also.
solve on that.
bro,can explain more bout "bolt head"?? ..
noob bout it.. sorry =P
Jason
post Dec 21 2010, 12:42 AM

5,846 posts

go back to perodua service center ask them to check the calipers/brake. common problem.
raymond
post Dec 21 2010, 12:49 AM

1,184 posts

you mod your car until out of ori spec...
now got problem...
just blame yourself...
szeeonn
post Dec 21 2010, 01:13 AM

159 posts

who say 17" Big ? can put in Even 18" Dude
Adjustable absorber with Low profile tire

18" 30 Height or 35 Height

and who says what LARGE Sport rim Create Sound ?
IF YOU Wear LARGE Size Shoes , when walking
Would Create sound ?

and definately NOT Steering Rack , Steering rack WILL NOT Produce sound unless Leak p.steering Fluid

Mostly is Tie rod / Lower Arm Bush / caliper

if Tak tak tak sound = Drive shaft
TSkelvencck
post Dec 21 2010, 05:14 PM

QUOTE(raymond @ Dec 21 2010, 12:49 AM)
you mod your car until out of ori spec...
now got problem...
just blame yourself...
bro,if nothing 2 say.. pls do not spam.. tat arent help.. TQ =)

Added on December 21, 2010, 5:16 pm
QUOTE(szeeonn @ Dec 21 2010, 01:13 AM)
who say 17" Big ? can put in Even 18" Dude
Adjustable absorber with Low profile tire

18" 30 Height or 35 Height

and who says what LARGE Sport rim Create Sound ?
IF YOU Wear LARGE Size Shoes , when walking
Would Create sound ?

and definately NOT Steering Rack , Steering rack WILL NOT Produce sound unless Leak p.steering Fluid

Mostly is Tie rod / Lower Arm Bush / caliper

if Tak tak tak sound = Drive shaft
some ppl duno ma.. not experience also.. AGREE.. my fren using 18" also nothing until now.. haha !!
not tat "tak tak tak" sound.. it sound "tung" once only at a time.. tat sound come when u took a quick left turn.. right turn no sound no prob..

QUOTE(jackchong890 @ Dec 19 2010, 06:47 PM)
"tuk tuk "
drive shaft kong oledi

and ur 17" rim might be too big for ur myvi ..LOL
17" on a myvi reli a common thing la.. u can see on the road out thr.. alots!! haha..

Added on December 21, 2010, 5:25 pm
QUOTE(Jason @ Dec 21 2010, 12:42 AM)
go back to perodua service center ask them to check the calipers/brake. common problem.

should not be the caliper sound as i claimed n experienced it before.. i mean the caliper sound..

This post has been edited by kelvencck: Dec 21 2010, 05:25 PM
renegadejedi2003
post Jan 8 2011, 07:15 PM

hello bro.....i once have this problem before.....it happened after i changed my kelisa absorber to adjustable....several days after i changed to adjustable, everytime i turned the steering, there will be "tung" sound coming from the wheel......ok...went back to the absorber shop, they said maybe absorber mounting and things like that la......change the mounting still the same.....went to other shop, the solution is so simple......the guy just bukak my absorber mounting and he put some grease, i repeat grease not spray some oil, he put the grease at the bottom part of the absorber mounting and some grease too at the upper part of the absorber..... (the upper part of the absorber which is tightened to the bottom part of the mounting)...after that no more sound....u shud give it a try..... the exact statement from the guy :

"biasa la benda nie berlaku, absorber standard spring tak keras....adjustable spring keras, jadi absorber mounting akan tertekan kuat, so letak grease dah ok bagi licin"

tq
RonnyEM
post Jan 13 2011, 11:01 AM

QUOTE(renegadejedi2003 @ Jan 8 2011, 07:15 PM)
hello bro.....i once have this problem before.....it happened after i changed my kelisa absorber to adjustable....several days after i changed to adjustable, everytime i turned the steering, there will be "tung" sound coming from the wheel......ok...went back to the absorber shop, they said maybe absorber mounting and things like that la......change the mounting still the same.....went to other shop, the solution is so simple......the guy just bukak my absorber mounting and he put some grease, i repeat grease not spray some oil, he put the grease at the bottom part of the absorber mounting and some grease too at the upper part of the absorber..... (the upper part of the absorber which is tightened to the bottom part of the mounting)...after that no more sound....u shud give it a try.....    the exact statement from the guy :
"biasa la benda nie berlaku, absorber standard spring tak keras....adjustable spring keras, jadi absorber mounting akan tertekan kuat, so letak grease dah ok bagi licin"
tq
Nice sharing.. How much does the overall workmanship charges? Mind to tell where's the shop smile.gif tq
markyongjh
post Feb 27 2021, 10:06 PM

QUOTE(kelvencck @ Dec 21 2010, 05:14 PM)
bro,if nothing 2 say.. pls do not spam.. tat arent help.. TQ =)

Added on December 21, 2010, 5:16 pm

some ppl duno ma.. not experience also.. AGREE.. my fren using 18" also nothing until now.. haha !!
not tat "tak tak tak" sound.. it sound "tung" once only at a time.. tat sound come when u took a quick left turn.. right turn no sound no prob..
17" on a myvi reli a common thing la.. u can see on the road out thr.. alots!! haha..

Added on December 21, 2010, 5:25 pm

should not be the caliper sound as i claimed n experienced it before.. i mean the caliper sound..
Hey Kelven,

Did you manage to solve the issue you were facing? I just encountered the same problem today.

0.0192sec    0.49    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:08 PM