Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Amanah Hartanah Bumiputera (AHB)

views

blahbleh
post Nov 30 2010, 01:53 PM

Regular
1,199 posts

Some muslim bumis don't prefer ASB because it is non-syariah compliance, even though Majlis Fatwa Kebangsaan stated that it is "harus". Most of Malays around me put their money in Tabung Haji even though the return is just around 5%, or lower.

Some muslims don't give a damn about it. Non-muslim bumi, well for sure they just want the best return, that's all. So if you keep saying that ASB has lower subscription, it's because of syariah compliance issues on ASB funds.

This fund could be an alternative to them, so I don't think this will fail.
blahbleh
post Nov 30 2010, 07:04 PM

Regular
1,199 posts

QUOTE(Invader Zim @ Nov 30 2010, 05:16 PM)
Majlis Fatwa Kebangsaan also stated that smoking is 'haram' in 1995.
then again, u still see lotsa muslims are smoking.. even the imams
What I'm trying to emphasize is, everybody has the right to make the choice, based on options available, no bashing, it's up to an individual smile.gif
blahbleh
post Dec 1 2010, 10:26 PM

Regular
1,199 posts

QUOTE(sharinginfoz @ Dec 1 2010, 06:16 PM)
Sorry for misunderstanding:

Fund size=RM1 billion
Purchase of property = RM800 million
Money market + cash = RM200 million
Income (rental)=RM40 million per year
Income (others: i.e. money market + profit from savings)= RM6 million (assuming at 3%)
Expenses (i.e. management fee, trustee fee, auditors, bank charges, shariah advisory fees and etc)= RM10 million (assuming 1%)
Therefore dividend = Net income /Fund size= (RM46 million + RM6 million - RM10 million) / RM1 billion = 4.2%

That is just my simple calculation, maybe the purchase price of RM800 million for the properties will be paid in few stages (years) or any other income which I do not know. Maybe somebody else want to explain.
Understood that you have opened your account. Can it be done at Maybank branch that opens on Saturday, or only from Monday to Friday (just like ASB/ASN, strictly from Monday to Friday)?

How about top-up then?

This post has been edited by blahbleh: Dec 1 2010, 10:27 PM
blahbleh
post Dec 1 2010, 10:52 PM

Regular
1,199 posts

QUOTE(sharinginfoz @ Dec 1 2010, 10:43 PM)
I am not sure about that maybe you can ask Maybank but on the top-up, there is a form for this and minimum is RM100 (multiple RM100), i.e. RM100, RM200 or etc and not RM130
Thanks for the information, will visit Maybank soon. BTW, have you read the prospectus?
blahbleh
post Dec 9 2010, 12:06 PM

Regular
1,199 posts

QUOTE(Faidzal @ Dec 9 2010, 11:27 AM)
My wife is one of the people who thinks the same as the bolded part.

I have been forever persuading her to invest her money in ASB or other dividen paying fund instead of plainly keeping it in her sole bank account.

She only got her Tabung Haji account after we got married!

SO far I managed to persuade her to buy some Sukuk (yeah, 5%) after persuading her that it's Syariah compliant.

Now that there's this AHB, I might be able to successfully persuade her to invest some more money into this fund.
Your wife is a clear example of muslims' perception regarding ASB fund. AHB might be a good choice of fund for both of you then smile.gif
blahbleh
post Dec 9 2010, 01:17 PM

Regular
1,199 posts

QUOTE(MilesAndMore @ Dec 9 2010, 12:53 PM)
Is this a fixed price fund à la ASB ?
Yes, RM1 per unit.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0186sec    0.20    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:55 PM