For Sky Light or Awning, use Lexan* Twin Wall, Grade Recommended is Lexan* 10mm Thickness Solar Control IR, Light Green in Color
In the 1960s, NASA used Lexan* Brand Polycarbonate for Astronaut helmet assemblies and visors which became known as "bubble helmets", including those used by the Apollo moon astronauts.
1) 2 Wall , Better Heat Insulation
2) Lower Cost
3) Reduce 30% Heat
4) 2 Side UV Resistant Coating ( Generally, Polycarbonate is NOT Chemical Resistant. Excellent Printed as label, example laptop Battery uses Polycarbonate FR Film as Label. Glass is VERY VERY Difficult to Paint or print which makes them Chemical Resistant)
5) Impact Resistance. Virtually Un-Breakble . Youtube has many Video on the Impact Test
6) 10 year Warranty - Against Yellowing ( yellow Index Not more than 2, which naked Eyes can see)
- Against Impact ( Drilled Holes Failure not Warrant)
- Against Lost of Light Transmission
7) Light Transmission - More than 65%. Brightness is the Reason you Choose Polycarbonate
8) Coated PolyCarbonate ( Lexan* Own Coating which was Developed in-house)
Dust or Fungus will grow in the slot but that can be eliminate if you get a Good Contractor.
Use Anti - Dust tape, which will allow the Water to Vaporize and 'Flow' out through the Special Membrane in the Anti-Dust Tape
It will prevent Water from Sipping in and Grow Fungus
Many Stadium are Built from Multi-Wall Sheet , which uses the Anti-Dust Tape ( Do a Search for Anti-Dust tape)
Material Cost for Lexan* 10mm Thickness Solar Control IR,is approximately RM 6.80/square feet.
Note That The Structure is more Costlier ( Workmanship + Structure = 70% ) that the Roofing Material( Roofing Material is the Critical part of Sheltering)
For more Details of Recommendation, Kindly contact me below
To be Sure, Call the manufacturer for a Claim ( Some Manufacturer also claim give 10 years Warranty). Ask them to visit you. You can judge the product by their Services
Give them the Lot No ( Date of Manufacturing or Purchasing Agents for Verification).
Another Option is to use 6 mm Lexan* Solid Sheet. Same Warranty .
6mm will not be break by an Axe & and will not deform from heat ( 3 mm thick Polycarbonate will Wave on hot Days)
Danny @ 012 5212 646This post has been edited by jerryng75: Jun 20 2013, 02:17 AM