Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Developer Negative Watch List, With bad histories to look out for

views

TSshaquenator
post Nov 21 2010, 01:27 AM, updated 14y ago

Regular
1,021 posts

hi all,

just thinking to list all the developer that CON most of the people. Need your help, just say which developer, and which project/area that was abandoned...just reply to this post and i will update. Please put the location and name of project as well....

1. Talam
2. Ho Hup
3. Platinum Damansara
4. Metro Kajang
5. MK Land @ Metropolitan Square, Damansara Perdana

updated:
QUOTE(spikyz @ Jan 16 2011, 02:07 AM)
as per request, this valid @ Sept 2010

source is from here:
http://www.kpkt.gov.my/kpkt/fileupload/pem...NGGA_300910.pdf
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by b00n: Jan 16 2011, 04:00 AM
kampit_ikram
post Nov 21 2010, 08:16 AM

Getting Started
155 posts

delay doesnt necessarily mean that the developer lied to you... a rightfully extended project due to valid reasons instructed by architect is not conning... but it is a delay...

unless u mean abandoned project...
webby88
post Nov 21 2010, 08:27 AM

Regular
1,346 posts

can be more specific on the word CON. Many misleading cases but CON may be too strong.
airline
post Nov 21 2010, 08:58 AM

7 stars
7,923 posts

each bank has their own list of blacklisted developers

here 2 developers i will avoid
Ho Hup
Talam
TSshaquenator
post Nov 21 2010, 09:39 AM

Regular
1,021 posts

QUOTE(kampit_ikram @ Nov 21 2010, 08:16 AM)
delay doesnt necessarily mean that the developer lied to you... a rightfully extended project due to valid reasons instructed by architect is not conning... but it is a delay...

unless u mean abandoned project...
ok, but if extended too long also, u can tahan the bank interest ? in a way also, have to pay more....

Added on November 21, 2010, 9:40 am
QUOTE(airline @ Nov 21 2010, 08:58 AM)

Ho Hup
Talam
care to also say which project ?

This post has been edited by shaquenator: Nov 21 2010, 09:40 AM
furryfluffy
post Nov 21 2010, 10:26 AM

Pass That Exam!
1,375 posts

QUOTE(shaquenator @ Nov 21 2010, 01:27 AM)
hi all,

just thinking to list all the developer that CON most of the people. Need your help, just say which developer, and which project/area that was abandoned...just reply to this post and i will update.

1. Talam
2. Ho Hup

where is this detail?
TSshaquenator
post Nov 21 2010, 11:03 AM

Regular
1,021 posts

QUOTE(furryfluffy @ Nov 21 2010, 10:26 AM)
where is this detail?
still awating for the reply....u didnt see my question ? tongue.gif
tengster
post Nov 21 2010, 11:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,612 posts

platinum Damansara
Hansel
post Nov 21 2010, 11:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

Let's not debate too much on the projects and so on, just be sincere and put down the names of the developers who have made their reputations as such. It's up to people to judge, just like if anybody does not agre with the two names above, they can ignore them and just go ahead to buy their projects. Nobody is stopping them, it's a free country.

Anyway, I believed the above listing will not be that useful anymore, because these names are not selling their projects under such names anymore.

Especially one of them - I read somewhere else this morning that one of the above names will be going under other parties to sell their projects, can't go under the parent company name or their subsidiary names anymore.

So, BUYERS BEWARE.

Don't blame the Gov't for not helping you in future if you get into abandonment or stalling problems.
eugene jk
post Nov 21 2010, 11:28 AM

Regular
1,479 posts

hi all,

just thinking to list all the developer that CON most of the people. Need your help, just say which developer, and which project/area that was abandoned...just reply to this post and i will update.

1. Talam
2. Ho Hup
your topic and objective of this thread is very vain and no particular description on the "CON" definition..

What if a developer manage to complete the project but doesn't provide what is being promise, poor quality workmanship, and misleading during sales stage.. this sound "CON" to me...

what you are listing down are developers who have weak coporate governance and probably weak cash flow that leads to abandoned projects.. whether do they intended to "CON" buyers in the initial stage I dont know..

my 0.02 cents
TSshaquenator
post Nov 21 2010, 11:52 AM

Regular
1,021 posts

I think the developer will have means and ways to "rebrand" themselves...however this list will be a starting point for people to do investigation. Just feel free to put the name here and discuss freely, who's going to sue you anyway, right ?

Government i would say is not helping the consumers at all these while. This is because the concept of buy first, then only build is very wrong and is at the developers' advantage. They should actually encourage build first then sell. If want more cheaper, then should sell only after 80% completion.(but i think what I said is impossible to happen in Malaysia...hehehe) This is because most of the company that build the building dont have money, they are just 3rd party ppl. The main brand, like let's say Sime Darby they outsourced it to a third party contractor to build it. In this way, things are build more cheaper and lower cost for Sime Darby.( Sime Darby is being used as example only ) So, in this way, profits is more...

HHmmm, Im not sure why Singapore rarely such things happen, anyone care to share ?

QUOTE(Hansel @ Nov 21 2010, 11:10 AM)
Let's not debate too much on the projects and so on, just be sincere and put down the names of the developers who have made their reputations as such. It's up to people to judge, just like if anybody does not agre with the two names above, they can ignore them and just go ahead to buy their projects. Nobody is stopping them, it's a free country.

Anyway, I believed the above listing will not be that useful anymore, because these names are not selling their projects under such names anymore.

Especially one of them - I read somewhere else this morning that one of the above names will be going under other parties to sell their projects, can't go under the parent company name or their subsidiary names anymore.

So, BUYERS BEWARE.

Don't blame the Gov't for not helping you in future if you get into abandonment or stalling problems.

Added on November 21, 2010, 11:56 am
QUOTE(eugene jk @ Nov 21 2010, 11:28 AM)
your topic and objective of this thread is very vain and no particular description on the "CON" definition..

What if a developer manage to complete the project but doesn't provide what is being promise, poor quality workmanship, and misleading during sales stage.. this sound "CON" to me...

what you are listing down are developers who have weak coporate governance and probably weak cash flow that leads to abandoned projects.. whether do they intended to "CON" buyers in the initial stage I dont know..

my 0.02 cents
if it's vain, do you have any better idea ? Obviously from your description, you understand the fact that there are a wide range of issues that can arises from this property. So, I put "CON" to reflect all the arises issues under one word. If you have any better word, then feel free to propose instead of just shoot. wink.gif

This post has been edited by shaquenator: Nov 21 2010, 11:59 AM
Drian
post Nov 21 2010, 12:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,968 posts

Aiya just put developers who have the reputation of having

1.) Providing low quality materials
2.) Providing bad workmanship
3.) Promote the use of gangster renovation
4.) Frequent delays in project completion.
5.) Bad management.
6.) Unprofessionalism.
7.) Bad cashflow.

I know Talam fits the above criteria... who else?

Added on November 21, 2010, 12:45 pm
QUOTE(Hansel @ Nov 21 2010, 11:10 AM)

So, BUYERS BEWARE.

I think the name of the subsidiary companies or the other "parties" should also be placed in the list.

This post has been edited by Drian: Nov 21 2010, 12:45 PM
yothim
post Nov 21 2010, 03:37 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

sad to say, i will also avoid Sime as well, just bought a subsale house from them and sad to say, they mix more sand than cement for their houses at USJ. it is just so easy to hack their wall......not a good sthing if ur concrete is exposed to rain......
APPA
post Nov 21 2010, 03:48 PM

Getting Started
253 posts

avoid FABER & METRO KAJANG GROUP at all cost vmad.gif vmad.gif mad.gif

This post has been edited by APPA: Nov 23 2010, 09:10 PM
GangHo
post Nov 21 2010, 04:03 PM

Regular
1,080 posts

QUOTE(yothim @ Nov 21 2010, 04:37 PM)
sad to say, i will also avoid Sime as well, just bought a subsale house from them and sad to say, they mix more sand than cement for their houses at USJ. it is just so easy to hack their wall......not a good sthing if ur concrete is exposed to rain......
I'm interested to know how you know that they mix more sand than cement.

Wall is rarely made of concrete unless it is underground structure like basement. Undeniably, there is also casting of walls using patented formwork system where the walls are made of reinforced concrete and therefore forming part of the building loading bearing structure that must not be hacked.

When it is above ground, brickwalls are used and concrete forms only the frame.

When you say that walls are easy to be hacked, you are probably saying that the brickwalls(and not concrete) are easy to be hacked. This is because beams are not to be hacked anyway.

Further to that, walls are never designed to take big loading impact but mainly to keep the building cold.

As the building technology advances, today we have simply too many types of brickwalls for the use of constructing building. From hollow blocks, graded sand bricks, graded red bricks, fare face bricks to concrete wall.

Now that watermarks on the walls could be due to many reasons as well. Understanding all these building SYSTEMs would enable you to judge in a clearer manner what constitutes a defects, poor workmanship or otherwise.

Your conclusion provided simply needs more justifcation as it is not technically correct.
TSshaquenator
post Nov 21 2010, 04:06 PM

Regular
1,021 posts

yaloh yaloh....aiyah, just say out everything only la...then later mouth will spread to other mouth wan... rclxms.gif

QUOTE(Drian @ Nov 21 2010, 12:44 PM)
Aiya just put developers who have the reputation of having

1.) Providing low quality materials
2.) Providing bad workmanship
3.) Promote the use of gangster renovation
4.) Frequent delays in project completion.
5.) Bad management.
6.) Unprofessionalism.
7.) Bad cashflow.
I know Talam fits the above criteria... who else?

Added on November 21, 2010, 12:45 pm
I think the name of the subsidiary companies or the other "parties" should also be placed in the list.
furryfluffy
post Nov 21 2010, 04:13 PM

Pass That Exam!
1,375 posts

QUOTE(shaquenator @ Nov 21 2010, 11:03 AM)
still awating for the reply....u didnt see my question ? tongue.gif
then u should not post it up until u get to know which project...
pgsiemkia
post Nov 21 2010, 05:32 PM

Casual
395 posts

Okay, MBSB, the most easy bank to get housing loan will not finance any projects by Talam...I would consider this as very good warning to stay away.

They never con..just never finish and never repay purchasers..
leongal
post Nov 21 2010, 06:05 PM

~I have a new mission in life~
3,188 posts

poor quality work by MK Land @ Metropolitan Square, Damansara Perdana, it is leaking from roof top to the lift....and lift jammed up at times, when this happen (and it jams up for weeks)
alanyuppie
post Nov 21 2010, 06:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,791 posts

QUOTE(furryfluffy @ Nov 21 2010, 11:26 AM)
where is this detail?
If you ask for details on 1. Talam... where have u been all your life? smile.gif

airline
post Nov 21 2010, 07:59 PM

7 stars
7,923 posts

At least metro kajang, some and mk land complete their projects

This post has been edited by airline: Nov 21 2010, 11:32 PM
TSshaquenator
post Nov 21 2010, 08:17 PM

Regular
1,021 posts

QUOTE(furryfluffy @ Nov 21 2010, 04:13 PM)
there's always a thing called edittng and patience ?

arafat
post Nov 22 2010, 10:58 AM

ROCK ON!
1,745 posts

for talam project, what if the project already completed(continued by IJM)? should be avoided too?
house price will increase right? especially in kl area

This post has been edited by arafat: Nov 22 2010, 10:59 AM
airline
post Nov 22 2010, 11:02 AM

7 stars
7,923 posts

talam completed eg puncak jalil is ok la.
heard the puncak jalil semi-d increase a lot

SUSjalsrix
post Nov 22 2010, 01:07 PM

Regular
1,927 posts

QUOTE(airline @ Nov 21 2010, 08:58 AM)

Ho Hup
Talam
Why Ho Hup ? I thought they have large land bank and good reputation ?
bob
post Nov 22 2010, 01:25 PM

* hari2mau *
1,707 posts

QUOTE(arafat @ Nov 22 2010, 10:58 AM)
for talam project, what if the project already completed(continued by IJM)? should be avoided too?
house price will increase right? especially in kl area
base on the construction progress la ....
.... if most of the construction done by ijm, is much better la
airline
post Nov 22 2010, 01:44 PM

7 stars
7,923 posts

talam got land bank at sunway and ulu klang as well
sunway one almost completed. ulu klang i not sure
Drian
post Nov 22 2010, 02:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,968 posts

http://www.starproperty.my/PropertyScene/T...ghtBox/8038/0/0

House Buyer
post Nov 22 2010, 03:58 PM

33 posts

hi all,

just thinking to list all the developer that CON most of the people. Need your help, just say which developer, and which project/area that was abandoned...just reply to this post and i will update. Please put the location and name of project as well....

1. Talam
2. Ho Hup
3. Platinum Damansara
4. Metro Kajang
5. MK Land @ Metropolitan Square, Damansara Perdana
Top on my list... MERGE HOUSING and its subsidiaries.
My abandoned house is built by JUTA PERMAI (subsi of Merge).

Merge is active in Subang 2. They have shited here and there in Subang 2. Using different of its subsidiaries name as developer.

Damai apartment and double-storey house in Seksyen U4 Subang 2 are victims of this crooked developer.

Beware!
yoki
post Nov 22 2010, 05:54 PM

Regular
1,313 posts

what's wrong with metro kajang
i thot it is one of the better developers in Msia?
yothim
post Nov 22 2010, 11:09 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

QUOTE(GangHo @ Nov 21 2010, 04:03 PM)
I'm interested to know how you know that they mix more sand than cement.

Wall is rarely made of concrete unless it is underground structure like basement. Undeniably, there is also casting of walls using patented formwork system where the walls are made of reinforced concrete and therefore forming part of the building loading bearing structure that must not be hacked.

When it is above ground, brickwalls are used and concrete forms only the frame.

When you say that walls are easy to be hacked, you are probably saying that the brickwalls(and not concrete) are easy to be hacked. This is because beams are not to be hacked anyway.

Further to that, walls are never designed to take big loading impact but mainly to keep the building cold.

As the building technology advances, today we have simply too many types of brickwalls for the use of constructing building. From hollow blocks, graded sand bricks, graded red bricks, fare face bricks to concrete wall.

Now that watermarks on the walls could be due to many reasons as well. Understanding all these building SYSTEMs would enable you to judge in a clearer manner what constitutes a defects, poor workmanship or otherwise.

Your conclusion provided simply needs more justifcation as it is not technically correct.
well, ur concrete beam needs come cement to cover it, right? that is what i meant........the cement is mixed with more sand than cement. well, i dont think that the upper side of the porch which is grown with grass can be easily taken out with those 'cement'. how i know? actually i dont know....the contractor know.....he hack off some of the cement which used to cover the concrete beam and found out that it was like hacking a honeycomb......
skng03
post Nov 23 2010, 12:36 AM

Regular
1,450 posts

QUOTE(yothim @ Nov 22 2010, 11:09 PM)
well, ur concrete beam needs come cement to cover it, right? that is what i meant........the cement is mixed with more sand than cement. well, i dont think that the upper side of the porch which is grown with grass can be easily taken out with those 'cement'. how i know? actually i dont know....the contractor know.....he hack off some of the cement which used to cover the concrete beam and found out that it was like hacking a honeycomb......
is STD practice what brows.gif
for plastering, ratio of cement : sand = 1:5/ 1:6.
for floor screed, Cement: sand = 1:3 biggrin.gif
b00n
post Nov 23 2010, 01:10 AM

delusional
Group Icon
VIP
9,137 posts

I would say 'con' is a very powerful word to use and might invite defamation lawsuit. Thus i would advise to change the title accordingly.
Maybe change to "developer watch lists - with bad histories to look out for". Then substantiate with facts and proofs thus everyone knows what to look out for.

Else it's like some of the replies, ie some would just pop up of no where and says Talam...so what?! You'll be surprised not many knows about Talam nowadays because they are history. Or even for Ho Hup in the list, what's wrong with that developer? Or is it simply "I don't like, so I list them down lor" type of mentality.

So I would advise posters to be more considerate in stating down what's the problem etc and why the low confidence level instead of just "naming" the company.

This post has been edited by b00n: Nov 23 2010, 01:14 AM
nkhong
post Nov 23 2010, 02:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,440 posts

QUOTE(yoki @ Nov 22 2010, 05:54 PM)
Yes, why metro kajang? I tot they completed Pelangi Utama which has appreciate quite alot ....
furryfluffy
post Nov 23 2010, 11:48 AM

Pass That Exam!
1,375 posts

QUOTE(furryfluffy @ Nov 21 2010, 04:13 PM)
QUOTE(b00n @ Nov 23 2010, 01:10 AM)
I would say 'con' is a very powerful word to use and might invite defamation lawsuit. Thus i would advise to change the title accordingly.
Maybe change to "developer watch lists - with bad histories to look out for". Then substantiate with facts and proofs thus everyone knows what to look out for.

Else it's like some of the replies, ie some would just pop up of no where and says Talam...so what?! You'll be surprised not many knows about Talam nowadays because they are history. Or even for Ho Hup in the list, what's wrong with that developer? Or is it simply "I don't like, so I list them down lor" type of mentality.

So I would advise posters to be more considerate in stating down what's the problem etc and why the low confidence level instead of just "naming" the company.
+1

QUOTE(nkhong @ Nov 23 2010, 02:31 AM)
Yes, why metro kajang? I tot they completed Pelangi Utama which has appreciate quite alot ....
Exactly like what b00n said....

komeng
post Nov 23 2010, 11:53 AM

12 posts

i vote talam for nombor 1, bought aprment at ukay perdana and still cannot get cf till today from single hero chap to 2 kids and now having big ugly butt and still cannot get my aprtment. im sad, so beware of TALAM and the kuncu-kuncu that icnnot remember the name
furryfluffy
post Nov 23 2010, 12:50 PM

Pass That Exam!
1,375 posts

QUOTE(komeng @ Nov 23 2010, 11:53 AM)
i vote talam for nombor 1, bought aprment at ukay perdana and still cannot get cf till today from single hero chap to 2 kids and now having  big ugly butt and still cannot get my aprtment. im sad, so beware of TALAM and the kuncu-kuncu that icnnot remember the name
Any compensation? U still have to pay the bank?
sparty
post Nov 23 2010, 04:49 PM

10 posts

Get the list here

http://www.kpkt.gov.my/kpkt/index.php/pages/view/180

and here

http://www.kpkt.gov.my/kpkt/index.php/pages/view/193

Beware! thumbup.gif
yothim
post Nov 23 2010, 06:06 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

QUOTE(skng03 @ Nov 23 2010, 12:36 AM)
is STD practice what  brows.gif
for plastering, ratio of cement : sand = 1:5/ 1:6.
for floor screed, Cement: sand = 1:3 biggrin.gif
sure plastering ratio is 1:5/1:6? haha.....i save a lot if they do that but i'm taking the risk of having things falling apart soon. if it is hard, ok la.......i'm ok but if u use a stick n scrub on it, it just came off......not scary ar? haha.........btw, my trusty contractor bought 15 bags of cement but less than 10 bags of sand......not sure how the ratio works but i dont think it applies.....
APPA
post Nov 23 2010, 09:21 PM

Getting Started
253 posts

QUOTE(airline @ Nov 21 2010, 07:59 PM)
At least metro kajang, some and mk land complete their projects
QUOTE(nkhong @ Nov 23 2010, 02:31 AM)
The photos i post here, were part of the photo in my defect list from LAMAN RIMBUNAN PHASE 2 @ kepong, a joint venture project by FABER & METRO KAJANG GROUP. mad.gif mad.gif vmad.gif vmad.gif

"FABER" added to previous reply whistling.gif

This post has been edited by APPA: Nov 23 2010, 09:22 PM
yoki
post Nov 23 2010, 11:04 PM

Regular
1,313 posts

sorry to know that your units got so many problems

few points i can share here

1. JV, is a joint controlled entity, so hard to control
2. Bought metro kajang highland properties, no far, very happy with with price i pay for the quality i get
3. maybe metro not good in building low rise, that why cannot make it

furryfluffy
post Nov 24 2010, 09:12 AM

Pass That Exam!
1,375 posts

QUOTE(sparty @ Nov 23 2010, 04:49 PM)
good list
nkhong
post Nov 24 2010, 11:50 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,440 posts

QUOTE(APPA @ Nov 23 2010, 09:21 PM)
The photos i post here, were part of the photo in my defect list from LAMAN RIMBUNAN PHASE 2 @ kepong, a joint venture  project by FABER & METRO KAJANG GROUP. mad.gif  mad.gif  vmad.gif  vmad.gif
Wow ... the finishing is "awesome" ... maybe should avoid JV project when one of the JV company is unknown ....
ganz
post Nov 24 2010, 12:42 PM

Livin' Ain't No Crime
1,138 posts

QUOTE(House Buyer @ Nov 22 2010, 03:58 PM)
Top on my list... MERGE HOUSING and its subsidiaries.
My abandoned house is built by JUTA PERMAI (subsi of Merge).

Merge is active in Subang 2. They have shited here and there in Subang 2. Using different of its subsidiaries name as developer.

Damai apartment and double-storey house in Seksyen U4 Subang 2 are victims of this crooked developer.

Beware!
agreed with you.. but what a shame for them to claim this (at their web page)

""Over the years, MHB Group have completed and handed over more than 4,400 units of residential and 1,720 units of commercial shops and industrial factories.".

u can catogarize this as a CON..
1. the developer even don't want to meet u anymore..
2. they don't even publish this project under their web page current project
3. this project kickoff somewhere in 2001 and still not complete and gov still consider this as delayed project.
4. yes we serve to bank interest without fail..for almost 10 years

This post has been edited by ganz: Nov 24 2010, 12:46 PM
b00n
post Nov 25 2010, 12:52 AM

delusional
Group Icon
VIP
9,137 posts

Sorry but I just need to change the title to Developer Negative Watch List instead.
Like I say, "CON" is a very sensitive "word" to use.

I would appreciate the change of the first post also or I'm also going to amend it in a few days time.
KLsooner
post Nov 25 2010, 05:28 PM

Enthusiast
737 posts

QUOTE(APPA @ Nov 23 2010, 09:21 PM)
The photos i post here, were part of the photo in my defect list from LAMAN RIMBUNAN PHASE 2 @ kepong, a joint venture  project by FABER & METRO KAJANG GROUP. mad.gif  mad.gif  vmad.gif  vmad.gif
At least your Laman Rimbunan house subsale price is very high now and nice location too.
spikyz
post Jan 15 2011, 04:54 PM

Regular
1,341 posts

Full article is in here

http://www.starproperty.my/PropertyScene/T...ghtBox/9558/0/0

But the main part i want to highlight is this

On another matter, Chor urged house buyers to be extra careful when planning to buy property.

“It has been brought to my attention that some developers, who have been blacklisted and barred from applying for a developing licence, have been conning house buyers into paying them 10% down payment for new housing projects.

“However, these projects cannot take off because the developers do not have the required licences,” he said.

Chor advised house buyers to check the background of the developer before making a down payment.

On the Housing Development (Control and Licensing) Act 1966, Chor said the ministry would table an amendment in Parliament by June to allow the authorities to prosecute developers who abandon projects.

and not to point any finger to any development. But one can find a development discussed in this forum before, which they asked for downpayment 10% or RM5k, RM10k.. well u better be careful..

List u should do:

1) Check developer background (Past project, current status-whether blacklist by gov)
2) Check with Majlis Pembandaran, whether the project have d green light to start the progress

well i will add some more later, any advice that we can share to forumers?
almeizer
post Jan 15 2011, 06:59 PM

Enthusiast
940 posts

For example symphony park? Have they got the license?
spikyz
post Jan 15 2011, 10:00 PM

Regular
1,341 posts

so far what i heard, they submit the application to MPS. still in process.

the questionable move is, they ask for downpayment before receive d license. so they must be really confident they can get the license? anyway, beter be careful than sorry
Hansel
post Jan 15 2011, 11:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,950 posts

Another developer I can think of is Talam and Europlus. They have bad reputation now, but they are trying to psh their products/projects via realty companies. A friend of mine almost took up a unit at a project that was launched last year in Puncak Jalil, a commercial project that was being marketed by a realty company. They were using a realty company to help them sell the units, since they can't sell directly anymore due to their reputation.

So, be very careful about any realty company that is doing the selling. Insist to know who is the developer behind the project, and who is the mother company behind that developer.

Those crooks are at it again.

If you have the time, do refer to another posting that I put up about a group of purchasers who managed to complete their abandoned houses till CF stage. The thread is at Lawyers Corner.

This post has been edited by Hansel: Jan 15 2011, 11:13 PM
ndgoh
post Jan 16 2011, 12:15 AM

Enthusiast
928 posts

Why not, NAME THEM if you know which developer have been black listed?
spikyz
post Jan 16 2011, 02:07 AM

Regular
1,341 posts

as per request, this valid @ Sept 2010

source is from here

eXTaTine
post Jan 16 2011, 10:34 AM

To Tongsan we bow!!
820 posts

150. Mammoth Empire Holding Sdn. Bhd. is blacklisted??? shocking.gif
arsenal
post Jan 16 2011, 02:44 PM

THE GUNNERS
2,328 posts

i also shocked...something wrong here...
spikyz
post Jan 17 2011, 12:57 AM

Regular
1,341 posts

no wonder i cant find my thread, mod transfer and merge it here. Thanks nway mod smile.gif

well, u can always can KPT to get the latest update about d blacklist company, or ask the company itself, ask them what about their status? last time is blacklisted, what is the recent news?

again, this is not to say which company is bad or whatsoever, its just a precautions to fellow member. cheers
surf-it
post Jan 17 2011, 10:00 AM

Landlord
1,747 posts

MK Land used to be one of the most reputable developer in Penang and KL. They screw themselve up in Damansara Perdana...what a waste...
eXTaTine
post Jan 17 2011, 10:35 AM

To Tongsan we bow!!
820 posts

QUOTE(surf-it @ Jan 17 2011, 10:00 AM)
MK Land used to be one of the most reputable developer in Penang and KL. They screw themselve up in Damansara Perdana...what a waste...
I thought they used to be screwed up all the while. When I was a student, I stayed in their Townhouse in Cyberjaya, the house fall apart within the first year! I'm sure all those that invested in the Townhouses there really cry.....the subsale was less than half the developer price!
v26davk
post Jun 21 2012, 02:59 PM

17 posts

Just my Own experience...."Maxrise" Green Park Condo Taman Yarl.....owner PaidOff full sum..but the Developer did not get the Lien removed...they sapu the money....Waited 3 months for them to Payoff the bank before can get lien released....and they will not answer your calls...Just to send a one page letter takes 1 month...
lwc2001
post Jun 21 2012, 06:42 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

Magna prima also hav bad workmanship condo in back of jusco kepong, forgot what that name condo
kick-a-poo
post Jul 11 2012, 11:20 AM

Getting Started
230 posts

...can anyone tl me about KOMPOBINA?...it was one of the blacklisted on sept2010...rite nw they hv a project near kota kemuning..tqs..
SUStikaram
post Jul 11 2012, 11:39 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,722 posts

Try to avoid any small local developer especially those bumiputra one. Be it in areas like Kelung or Sg petani.
davwon
post Jul 11 2012, 04:17 PM

Getting Started
167 posts

http://www.kpkt.gov.my/kpkt/index.php/pages/view/31

Updated Black-list Developer (30th June 2012)

peri peri
post Jul 17 2012, 11:20 AM

10k nonsense talkative club
All Stars
11,940 posts

QUOTE(davwon @ Jul 11 2012, 04:17 PM)

i suppose this black list is refer to their compound which had not paid. not due to lacking of completion for a project. No?
Hunakadoo
post Jul 17 2012, 02:13 PM

Call me Gold Man !
2,463 posts

This thread should pin on top of page ,
and TS can try to post in fully info about the nagative & bad reputation developer . etc Project name ,project with fail construction , photo .
peri peri
post Jul 17 2012, 03:44 PM

All Stars
11,940 posts

QUOTE(Hunakadoo @ Jul 17 2012, 02:13 PM)
This thread should pin on top of page ,
and TS can try to post in fully info about the nagative & bad reputation developer .  etc Project name ,project with fail construction , photo .
please give chances for them to improve laugh.gif
Hunakadoo
post Jul 17 2012, 04:38 PM

Call me Gold Man !
2,463 posts

QUOTE(peri peri @ Jul 17 2012, 03:44 PM)
please give chances for them to improve  laugh.gif
nono, can't be too mercy , since it's about million million ringgit from our consumer . biggrin.gif
peri peri
post Jul 17 2012, 04:41 PM

All Stars
11,940 posts

QUOTE(Hunakadoo @ Jul 17 2012, 04:38 PM)
nono, can't be too mercy , since it's about million million ringgit from our consumer . biggrin.gif
i still remember i with the main contracting company in 2008, really a bad bad time for us to survive thru. i bet half of the developers out there jammed as material hiked and bank seized finance aid. tumble everywhere. I think half of them are referring here.
ksyap01
post Jul 17 2012, 04:48 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(davwon @ Jul 11 2012, 04:17 PM)

i can't see "Talam" inside the list, what criteria to be qualify as "Black list Developer" ??
peri peri
post Jul 17 2012, 04:52 PM

All Stars
11,940 posts

QUOTE(ksyap01 @ Jul 17 2012, 04:48 PM)
i can't see "Talam" inside the list, what criteria to be qualify as "Black list Developer" ??
tallam long time no new work can start redi. all banned by bank and council. U can check their kenshine, damai bistari and maxisegar. maybe can hit 1
Hunakadoo
post Jul 17 2012, 04:59 PM

Call me Gold Man !
2,463 posts

QUOTE(peri peri @ Jul 17 2012, 04:41 PM)
i still remember i with the main contracting company in 2008, really a bad bad time for us to survive thru. i bet half of the developers out there jammed as material hiked and bank seized finance aid. tumble everywhere. I think half of them are referring here.
All business starting is with tough biggrin.gif

because the price now is in high peak , that's why alot unknown developer suddenly pop out .
That's why becareful while choosing developer

peri peri
post Jul 17 2012, 05:05 PM

All Stars
11,940 posts

QUOTE(Hunakadoo @ Jul 17 2012, 04:59 PM)
All business starting is with tough  biggrin.gif

because the price now is in high peak , that's why alot unknown developer suddenly pop out .
That's why becareful while choosing developer
yeah, indeed true, is tough, from year 2008 until 2010, my boss owned the bank for rm 8 million on facilities and loans rclxub.gif
Hunakadoo
post Jul 17 2012, 05:12 PM

Call me Gold Man !
2,463 posts

QUOTE(peri peri @ Jul 17 2012, 05:05 PM)
yeah, indeed true, is tough, from year 2008 until 2010, my boss owned the bank for rm 8 million on facilities and loans  rclxub.gif
so ur boss sure is billionaire right now biggrin.gif
peri peri
post Jul 17 2012, 05:14 PM

All Stars
11,940 posts

QUOTE(Hunakadoo @ Jul 17 2012, 05:12 PM)
so ur boss sure is billionaire right now  biggrin.gif
no lah, I left the company redi, getting proxy to let my boss fleet from the company and bankruptcy
rumahmurah
post Jul 17 2012, 11:11 PM

Getting Started
267 posts

QUOTE(ksyap01 @ Jul 17 2012, 04:48 PM)
This post has been edited by rumahmurah: Jul 18 2012, 12:11 AM
danielisme
post Jul 17 2012, 11:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,211 posts

Later kena sue for defamation
SKfolk
post Jul 17 2012, 11:36 PM

Enthusiast
928 posts

QUOTE(peri peri @ Jul 17 2012, 04:41 PM)
The developer won't bankrupt due to high profit margin and the buyers secure them on finance. Worst case, they just windup as they always have subsidiaries to deal with the purchasers. So end up the buyers are the loser and got development all units were sold also the developer abandoned the project.One more, the architects, engineers, contractors, suppliers all are victims also.
peri peri
post Jul 18 2012, 09:06 AM

All Stars
11,940 posts

developer profit tax 26%, consultant 6% service tax, stamp duty, legal 6% service tax, supplier GST tax......government rich rich, end users wonder why so expensive ???????
KLsooner
post Jul 25 2012, 10:59 AM

Enthusiast
737 posts

http://www.chinapress.com.my/node/338557

Developer con 10 mil deposit, anyone know who this developer is?
post Jul 25 2012, 12:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,043 posts

QUOTE(KLsooner @ Jul 25 2012, 10:59 AM)

Based on the news, its shoplots..

SKfolk
post Jul 25 2012, 09:15 PM

Enthusiast
928 posts

Pertaining to this attached news, who knows the name of this developer? Where is the development?
ecin
post Jul 25 2012, 09:35 PM

5,857 posts

doh.gif which developer is that
post Jul 26 2012, 02:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,043 posts

QUOTE(lynforum @ Jul 25 2012, 11:02 PM)
This is the stupidity of Msia Press, always hide name  mad.gif 

When killing or robbery, only mention "A Double Stry/ A high-end condo" or "A KV Shopping Centre". Fuq the Press  vmad.gif
They scare ppl sue them rclxub.gif

altism
post Jul 26 2012, 04:58 AM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(1282009 @ Jul 26 2012, 03:43 AM)
They scare ppl sue them  rclxub.gif
if it's accurate, i don't see why and how.
but malaysia boleh anyway...so zzz
AMINT
post Jul 26 2012, 05:38 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,446 posts

I know the company formerly known as Tepung Talam is now known as Trinity Corp. They are facing lawsuit by Trinity Group (developer of the Zest). Not sure what is the outcome though)
SUSUFO-ET
post Jul 26 2012, 06:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,747 posts

Ho Hup
AMINT
post Jul 26 2012, 06:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,446 posts

QUOTE(UFO-ET @ Jul 26 2012, 06:14 AM)
Ho Hup
Aiyo. Ho Hup aaa? I thought One Jalil City will be a JV between them and Malton? If kena cop CON company, surely One Jalil City people a little scared to invest in
SUSUFO-ET
post Jul 26 2012, 07:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,747 posts

QUOTE(AMINT @ Jul 26 2012, 06:36 AM)
Aiyo. Ho Hup aaa? I thought One Jalil City will be a JV between them and Malton? If kena cop CON company, surely One Jalil City people a little scared to invest in
Those buyers are fully aware of the case and lawsuit taken by ex-purchasers, now you know even with such uncertainty and posses high risk factor, some purchasers are still very daring, go ahead snap up all those shoplots, as I said much earlier, this is my Top 3 best lands for investment in KV.

This post has been edited by UFO-ET: Jul 26 2012, 07:43 AM
AMINT
post Jul 26 2012, 08:35 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,446 posts

QUOTE(UFO-ET @ Jul 26 2012, 07:42 AM)
Those buyers are fully aware of the case and lawsuit taken by ex-purchasers, now you know even with such uncertainty and posses high risk factor, some purchasers are still very daring, go ahead snap up all those shoplots, as I said much earlier, this is my Top 3 best lands for investment in KV.
UFO-ET kor, yeah i remember you mentioning that. Hopefully everything will turn out well.
ekt7417
post Aug 15 2012, 10:18 PM

2 posts

FAILURE OF DEVELOPER TO DELIVER MY HOUSE ON SCHEDULE ACCORDING TO SALES & PURCHASE AGREEMENT

Developer Name: TSL Development Co. (Regn No. 144/06)
License No.: L1208/KP/HD/03/242
Permit No: P1183/KP/HD/03/242
Address: No. 13, Lane 5, Then Kung Suk Road, Upper Lanang Industrial Estate, 96000 Sibu, Sarawak.
Fixed Line: 084-211122
Fax: 084-218366 / 219366

The housing developer, TSL Development Co. has failed to deliver my house on schedule and deliberately delayed in completing a double storey terrace house at Sublot 21, Lot 99, Block 9,Sibu Town District, Sarawak, Malaysia. The delay has been more than 556 days.

We are the second purchasers of the said property and have purchased the house before the issuance of the Occupational Permit for RM350,000 from the first purchaser. The first purchaser of the property had entered into a sales and purchase agreement with the developer on February 3, 2009, with the scheduled completion date of the housing project on February 3, 2011. The sales and purchase agreement between the first purchaser and the second purchasers was signed on September 11, 2009 and the transfer was concurred to by the developer on the same date.

The Occupation Permit to the house is still not yet being issued up until now. We have contacted those persons-in-charge such as Mr. Ting Kah Ching, Mr. Sia Hua Ping and Mr. Ling Sieng Ying but to no avail.

We are very depressed and devastated with the prolonged problem. I hope relevant authourities such as Ministry of Housing and Sibu Municipal Council will take swift legal action against the errant developer.
superpigchan
post Feb 15 2013, 10:10 AM

On my way
540 posts

say NO to titijaya, look at the subang SOHO, great location but worst workmanship...
Maylam
post Aug 20 2013, 10:36 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

Said no to SSF Duta Suria

I bought a property from SSF developer, and many defects from water leaks, crack walls, under ground pipe leaks. I have also been chasing for the defects to be fixed. Now coming up 24 months and defective leaks have come back. Chasing them at the mo but their attitude now it has been fixed previously and anything else is outside of warranty. What else can I do? The defects have not been permanently fixed due to poor quality methods used and it is reasonable to chase them to rectify permanently.

The SSF staff have really bad attitude once you have paid and bought the property they will ignore your emails and phone calls. When at times they do pickup the phone they will try and wriggle out from their responsibility either by delaying or saying contact their lawyers . This kind of developer really give the Malaysia property industry a really bad name. Are they trying to cheat the customers by building poor quality houses and sell them at luxury prices?

This is the worst experience I have ever had buying property and I warn anyone who is considering buying from SSF. One word, DON'T!

Any ideas what else can I do?
SpeechLess11
post Aug 20 2013, 10:38 PM

Casual
484 posts

i know this sound un-moral but,

This post has been edited by SpeechLess11: Aug 20 2013, 10:39 PM
Maylam
post Aug 20 2013, 10:45 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

But ??
But is common in Malaysia?
chrisw
post Oct 11 2015, 10:11 PM

Stay hungry, stay foolish
1,275 posts

Is Andaman Group ok?
nexona88
post Oct 11 2015, 10:19 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,824 posts

some people mention PKNS & MK land subsidiary icon_idea.gif
You Sir
post Oct 12 2015, 12:10 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

Merge Housing Bhd ! ! !

Their name BAD until their need to said new launch unit is under contractor share that not related with developer as tactic to cheat those newbie to buy their property...
but the office and contact number is still all same...

Their boss is Ex-Talam accountant... but even worse then Talam...

This post has been edited by You Sir: Oct 12 2015, 12:14 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0503sec    0.38    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:34 PM