Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Dragon Nest SEA, Its coming

views

GameFr3ak
post Nov 16 2010, 10:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,847 posts

QUOTE(XEN -v- gK @ Nov 15 2010, 03:49 PM)
http://campus.51job.com/snda2010/about/sin.html
It seems that Shanda, the China publisher of Dragon Nest, is coming to Singapore.
From their corporate website, it also sound like they gonna bring in Dragon Nest to this region.
But didn't Asiasoft holds the rights to Dragon Nest for this region too?

Than I found this piece of news.
http://tradingtipsnow.com/shanda-games-lim...edentity-games/
Shanda have buy up the development studio of Dragon Nest (Eyedentity) about 2 months back.
This makes an interesting scenario, a competing company holding the game development and licensing rights to another competing company.
Not sure how this will play out, but it will be interesting to watch.

Whether Shanda or Asiasoft holds the publishing rights, the game is definitely coming to our region.
This naturally means oversea service to Dragon Nest will be IP Blocking this region.

The question is:
Will you play Dragon Nest SEA?

*If you could elaborate your choice, it would be great.

Thanks in advance.  icon_rolleyes.gif
Doesn't provide any solid proof that Dragon Nest is coming to SEA. Expanding company to Singapore doesn't mean building a straight bridge with all their games flowing in. For example, the games available for Asiasoft SG and Asiasoft TH are different.

Though I would like to see a localized version of Dragon Nest. One of the main reason for me to quit Dragon Nest CN is due to the latency in PvP against players in China. Latency might not be huge, but in such an intense combat gameplay; a split second of delay may determine victory or defeat of the battle.
GameFr3ak
post Nov 16 2010, 02:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,847 posts

QUOTE(mugenz @ Nov 16 2010, 12:02 PM)
My reasons for not supporting SEA games,

1. The game requires long time to reach SEA land, for example the time they declare the launch going thru translations, beta testing etc etc it will take 1 to 2 years atleast. Cabal SEA took 1 year to go thru betas and etc etc..  By the time, the game is already old and cold.....
The main distributor of the game is coming to expand in our region. Will not take that long.

2. Access to point cards can be easily available regardless region. Vendors like offgamers and mol points.
True but are you using your own name and ID for the game registration? What if once you're caught and your account is suspended?

3. Quality of security and game server. The game can crash 3 times a week during pre-launch due to bug etc etc. For eg, RequiemSEA, the game is super lag even its in SEA hosting, eventually its bottleneck connection btwn our isp and the host server.
I doubt the server is actually being hosted in SEA. Even though they clearly stated it as a SEA server but doesn't mean their server will be hosted in SEA. This came to my thought when I experienced latency as I'm playing LuniaZ SEA. The server location can be anywhere depending on the decision of the company. It might be hosted in a datacenter in HK and we might not even know.

4. rollbacks are very frequent. Bots and Hacks abuse.. my 2years of Cabal SEA, each time the login server has problem the next day will be a rollback, so for those who managed to get into the game but didnt disconnect its not fair. 
All the problem that you stated can be true for certain companies. But doesn't mean a better one will not join the competition smile.gif Be optimistic my friend.

5. Quality of customer service is poor. I once request AS to reset certain account pins. They ask me to pay money or something.
Everything is agreed upon in the EULA or Terms n Conditions. Remember the box that you ticked before registering? Did you read everything? But I do agree that the level of customer service is terrible. TM for example.

Thats my experience.
This post has been edited by GameFr3ak: Nov 16 2010, 02:39 PM
GameFr3ak
post Nov 16 2010, 02:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,847 posts

QUOTE(mugenz @ Nov 16 2010, 02:35 PM)
1. Even of the considerations, but it still will take some time..  in DN CN, we already reach to the latest update and its been the 3rd major update. For you to reach this stage of game play, i will need another 1year.. hence 1year waiting atleast..  By the time, everything is up, another new game will be around. We SEA forever will be playing old dated games.

2. Ya.. i am using my own account for point cards. as for game also real info, but chances get ban from ip also you suffer the same fate. Tell me about risk.

3. if its SEA but not hosted in SEA is abit =.=. Then wat's the point for me to play in CN compared to HK. Still we need see hosted place.. not necessary will be good latency.

4. How to be optimistic? from Gameflier until now.. i know some survived but sooner or later will just die off. Look At China game companies, they can take millions for investment buy game developers.

5. i think 90 out of 100 do not read the terms, perhaps 1 or 2 lines but.. i as a customer i asking to reset a pin.. simple.. but why do i need to pay?. How to justify? Everything also money..  =.=
I can bare with the latency of other point n click games. But DN is an intense combat pvp game. Don't know how do you even combo. How can you register the game without using China ID? For me latency is everything. You play a free game and this is what you get man biggrin.gif

The pin reset thingy is to punish players n to prevent hacking attempts. In the end, it's all up to black n white. You agreed on the rules and you can't argue with that liow. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with paying for a pin reset but it's stated there liow icon_rolleyes.gif

added : I don't disagree that some SEA distributor is terrible. But what we're talking about is "Shanda" the very same company that you enjoyed playing in their China server, is coming to SEA. Hence why would you look down on the same company that you praised ? notworthy.gif

This post has been edited by GameFr3ak: Nov 16 2010, 03:00 PM
GameFr3ak
post Nov 16 2010, 04:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,847 posts

QUOTE(mugenz @ Nov 16 2010, 03:25 PM)
So many people have been pvping without problem.. u can always pay for a vpn and proxy to reduce the lag.

The game might be from Shanda, but i dont see any other point saying it will be managed by Shanda themselves. Prolly they will outsource or given the rights to some capalang local company to run. This is the result of the capalang company = sux service.

look like AS hosting some major games... but....
Then if u claimed no issue pvping then i have no further words to add as me myself played the game solely for PVP and dissatisfied by the latency disabling my combo capability.

I have had fun playing online games locally and internationally, there are ups and downs of certain hosting companies but that doesn't stop me to have faith.

Since you insisted that all SEA online gaming companies = crap. Then I can only yawn.gif
GameFr3ak
post Nov 29 2010, 05:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,847 posts

QUOTE(QicNomNom @ Nov 28 2010, 02:28 AM)
i agree alot with GameFr3ak that Latency is more important then anything ..
Especially in PvP .. Main Difficulties is that when your enemy TELEPORTS , ANTI-FLINCH HYPERBODY LAGNESS , STUCK OUTSIDE THE MAP .
This 3 things is the worst to face in a PvP Match .

I myself played DN for the PvP and Guild War .
Raids were awesome compare to Dragonica , Maplestory ... but NOT !! RAGNAROK .

In S.E.A gaming society , companies that i trust were just those u guys listed in the thread recently .
The one's i hate is the GLOBAL EFFING SOFTNYX and Malaysia RUN-UP which screws me up , LONG STORY .

Everyone is just trying to have fun but the level of fun depends on the player itself .
Casual ? Competitive ? Bullying ? RichF@gs who throw all their pocket money on a game just to be "PRO" ?

Aaa , i will go for Competitive like GameFr3ak since i just dont like the Lag .

i dont even know why our country seems to be so low quality in the Technology section .

Why cant we haz FIBER OPTIC LINE  to ensure more happiness of gaming in our life ?

Man , i'm so emo now . doh.gif
We do have Fiber Optic now AKA Unifi wink.gif but I'm unsure of the entire network topology. It may only reach up to one of their exchange and then to another copper line network to the PoP > backhaul before going overseas...

I heard it helps a lot in terms of downloading, unsure about gaming. You can download a couple of files and online gaming at the same time without being affected.

If we wanna be like those country where the word "buffering" or "loading" doesn't exist, we need billions of ringgit to scrap away all the copper lines and replace them with fiber optic. Upgrade the network exchange. Though the government wants to waste the $ on a stupid tower instead...

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0443sec    0.39    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:46 AM