88 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Inspira vs Forte, which one will you go for

views

Jason
post Nov 15 2010, 04:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,846 posts

Mitsubishi engine & Mitsubishi gearbox > Korean engine & gearbox. enough said.

Inspira is a copy cat car, in other words.. a rebadged Mitsubishi. the car was engineered by Mitsubishi.. assembled by Proton.. the only issues you'll face would be fit and finish, as well as the interior parts..

Proton's fit and finish has improved a lot... and considering the interior is same as Mitsubishi..i don't see much issues with it.

p/s: i'm anti proton by the way, and i drive a perodua. but i am just saying facts.

This post has been edited by Jason: Nov 15 2010, 04:08 PM
wookp
post Nov 15 2010, 04:16 PM

Casual
497 posts

QUOTE(ADVAN @ Nov 15 2010, 03:18 PM)
Inspira carry proton name is sux, forte carry korean name even more sux..

If choose one, then go for Inspira for Lancer technology + paddle shift + cheaper parts (compare to korean) + more potential to mod..
Your nick called advan also sucks. Come on dude, be slightly more intelligent. You're buying a car based on performance or brand? Sheesh!

Anyway TS, I'd pick either one as I own a forte and have driven a lancer before. There's no rights or wrongs when you choose either car which has similar performance. Go and do a test drive and buy the one you like. smile.gif
pooh88
post Nov 15 2010, 04:18 PM

Malaysia Tennis Enthusiast
2,288 posts

Jus purchase the car which u like. whistling.gif
There nothing to argue which car u prefer.
End of the day is ur pocket $$$ nod.gif

QUOTE(wookp @ Nov 15 2010, 04:16 PM)
Your nick called advan also sucks. Come on dude, be slightly more intelligent. You're buying a car based on performance or brand? Sheesh!

Anyway TS, I'd pick either one as I own a forte and have driven a lancer before. There's no rights or wrongs when you choose either car which has similar performance. Go and do a test drive and buy the one you like. smile.gif
bem69
post Nov 15 2010, 04:19 PM

K-Bem
2,557 posts

Personally, after driving the lancer gt and forte 2.0, I think forte 2.0 has more acceleration, maybe because of the lighter body.
seongmeng
post Nov 15 2010, 04:35 PM

On my way
567 posts

QUOTE(luckykid5 @ Nov 15 2010, 03:01 PM)
Well, as per above..

which one do you prefer?

I'm torn in between also, since both pricing nearly the same. 80-90k.

Inspira
Pros
spacious
engine and exterior material = mitsubishi
price worth the money spent

Cons
after sales service = proton
compromise on the interior quality

Forte
Pros
Price worth the money spent on the features offered
support by kia (assuming better than proton)

Cons
smaller compare to inspira
heard will consume more petrol after few years if no tuning done to the engine
lower resell value compare to inspira
what the hxll!! who told u inspira is more spacious???? please go and sit inside both car and then only tell, dont tell bullshit here and confuising ppl...
zoomckng
post Nov 15 2010, 04:38 PM

Getting Started
170 posts

correct. back seats of forte also spacious. jz not sure if its bigger, but definitely not small
ADVAN
post Nov 15 2010, 04:43 PM

Live Learn Work Play
2,479 posts

QUOTE(wookp @ Nov 15 2010, 04:16 PM)

Then forte owner is an idiot? The forte name itself is also the worst among all korean car frankly..

If buy car based on performance, forte is definitely out..
if buy based on brand, proton and korean makes both out.. smile.gif

People buy car not just consider on 1 or 2 factor..
For me, a cheapest C segment car sell at B segment price is proven it sucks.. Sorry to say that..
it dont dare to sell at Civic price becoz everybody know the results included u yourself.. smile.gif
seongmeng
post Nov 15 2010, 04:47 PM

On my way
567 posts

QUOTE(zoomckng @ Nov 15 2010, 04:38 PM)
correct. back seats of forte also spacious. jz not sure if its bigger, but definitely not small
it is definately bigger than Inspira!! I very sure, i compared both of them.

and another is the interial quality not so good, try to close the door and you will know, need more strength to get it close, quality issue, like mis-aligned, just like my previous Persona. And try close the forte door, u will see big different and feel.

also the door trim is bad, all is plastic, nothing mixture with fabric or leather, this is the 2.0 Premium model i saw....
putramon
post Nov 15 2010, 04:50 PM

Casual
361 posts

need more strength to close the door doesnt means that the car is better than using less strength...

its just back to TS what car he want...its just all pro and cons to be considered
Taipan052
post Nov 15 2010, 04:52 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

user posted image

comparison based on advertised price on individual website.

heard inspira maintenance will be a killer at 40K (roughly rm1.3K based on lancer price).. now you choose

http://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=37762165
wink.gif wink.gif
K3nnYkl82
post Nov 15 2010, 04:52 PM

2,479 posts

QUOTE(putramon @ Nov 15 2010, 04:50 PM)
need more strength to close the door doesnt means that the car is better than using less strength...

its just back to TS what car he want...its just all pro and cons to be considered
Different ppl have different point of view and needs ......

like ur car .. my fren complain 2 doors ... i tell them less 2 door .. less 2 power window problem tongue.gif tongue.gif
wookp
post Nov 15 2010, 04:54 PM

Casual
497 posts

QUOTE(ADVAN @ Nov 15 2010, 04:43 PM)
Then forte owner is an idiot? The forte name itself is also the worst among all korean car frankly..

If buy car based on performance, forte is definitely out..
if buy based on brand, proton and korean makes both out.. smile.gif

People buy car not just consider on 1 or 2 factor..
For me, a cheapest C segment car sell at B segment price is proven it sucks.. Sorry to say that..
it dont dare to sell at Civic price becoz everybody know the results included u yourself.. smile.gif
Go pull your head out of your butt. Do you even hear yourself speak? It's people like you that thinks price represents everything. Let me guess. You bought a C-segment car for >RM100k and now you're butthurt because we can get a C-segment car for less?

The forte was awarded the best car of the year 2009 by NADA and Asian Auto VCA Award 2010. How bad is that, do you think?

For a senior member in LYN, you are sure 'smart' for a chimpanzee.

pooh88
post Nov 15 2010, 04:56 PM

Malaysia Tennis Enthusiast
2,288 posts

Less 2 air cond the wind blower rite whistling.gif

QUOTE(K3nnYkl82 @ Nov 15 2010, 04:52 PM)
Different ppl have different point of view and needs ......

like ur car .. my fren complain 2 doors ... i tell them less 2 door .. less 2 power window problem tongue.gif  tongue.gif
SleeplessEyes
post Nov 15 2010, 06:39 PM

I'm me bro, let me be me
2,390 posts

QUOTE(ADVAN @ Nov 15 2010, 03:18 PM)
Inspira carry proton name is sux, forte carry korean name even more sux..

If choose one, then go for Inspira for Lancer technology + paddle shift + cheaper parts (compare to korean) + more potential to mod..
You are obviously shooting yourself on your own butt without you realising you shot yourself already.
Wookp is right. Pull your head out of your ass before you make yourself an ass-a-hole.

*Sigh*...typical Inspira worshipper..

This post has been edited by SleeplessEyes: Nov 15 2010, 06:40 PM
SleeplessEyes
post Nov 15 2010, 06:49 PM

I'm me bro, let me be me
2,390 posts

QUOTE(prototype_x0 @ Nov 15 2010, 03:48 PM)
u judging it wrongly friend. inspira is not pirated copy, it's a colaboration between mitsubishi and proton. proton did not steal it like a pirate and ask mitsu to walk the plank. i am not proton supporter but just get the fact right.

anyway both are 1.6/1.8/2.0 car at a sub 100k car. to put it easier, something is wrong somewhere, hence the low price.

previous experience thaught me well not to go anywhere near proton anymore. after sales service, well, mediocre. and naza, i heard their service are up to no good either.

well, go figure.
Nothing is wrong (with the pricing)
Obviously Proton price will be alot cheaper than Mitsus.It will always be the playground for the G.
Just like Peugeot 206 and Naza Bestari (what a Kindergarten-school-like name). Same car, but because it's NAZA, obviously they can sell the same car cheaper with their own stickers.

TO me when I look into the Inspira..Proton is the same as Naza; they are good in one and only thing. Making quality badges & stickers for their cars. doh.gif
It's cheaper to re-engineer their own plastic steering wheel with PROTON badge, and mod little bit the grill with PROTON badge, than to design a whole new car. The savings obviously is not passed to you suckers.

The way I look at it, it's like as though Proton had no choice but to reunite with it's divorced wife (Mitsubishi) after several failed attempts of unable get laid (read: LAID) with a German.
Proton, orang German bukan bodoh tau tak?

This post has been edited by SleeplessEyes: Nov 15 2010, 06:55 PM
StevenL
post Nov 15 2010, 06:59 PM

Enthusiast
732 posts

Why must the wife be Mitsubishi? Why can't Proton be the b*tch considering they are smaller, younger than Mitsu? just a food for thought......

This post has been edited by StevenL: Nov 15 2010, 06:59 PM
SUSHidan
post Nov 15 2010, 07:27 PM

Casual
330 posts

Until Jeremy Clarkson says something nice about Korean cars, I will find it hard to support any Korean made. I dunno man. Eventhough JC is suppose to be funny fellow, somehow there is some truth when he bashes something.
Witchblade
post Nov 15 2010, 07:29 PM

We are Biker
1,684 posts

forte=design huduh...huduhhhhh

soonlee33
post Nov 15 2010, 07:38 PM

10k Club
2,677 posts

QUOTE(Witchblade @ Nov 15 2010, 07:29 PM)
forte=design huduh...huduhhhhh
to me forte is a beauty
thanks to peter schreyer
RahXeph0n
post Nov 15 2010, 07:41 PM

Getting Started
188 posts

I'd pick the Forte over the Inspira if going 2.0. Otherwise, Inspira manual over the forte 1.6 happy.gif. If don't want manual but don't want 2.0, then I'd take the Honda City haha.

88 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0532sec    0.08    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:35 PM