Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Gerik / Belum / Tasik Banding (Travel)

fazadrock
post Nov 14 2010, 09:29 PM

Group: Junior Member

Has anyone been to Belum and Tasik Banding before? went passed Tasik Banding last year on my way to Terengganu and really want to go there again. i checked and found out that the only resort there is Belum Resort. advice anyone?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Keong
post Nov 15 2010, 10:17 PM

Group: New Member

QUOTE(fazadrock @ Nov 14 2010, 09:29 PM)
Has anyone been to Belum and Tasik Banding before? went passed Tasik Banding last year on my way to Terengganu and really want to go there again. i checked and found out that the only resort there is Belum Resort. advice anyone?
Been there a couple of times. The upper part, Royal Belum requires permit. It is really protected forest that part, full with wild animals. This is one territory one would not want to venture alone.

The lower part is accessible...just go to the jetty and many boat man can bring you around the lake etc.

The resort...well, its nice I suppose. But for a place like Banding, I reckon staying in the boat house, camping or better yet, stay with the Orang Asal is the way to go!

Good luck!
+Quote Post
KiMi1986
post Jan 10 2011, 05:24 PM

QUOTE(Keong @ Nov 15 2010, 10:17 PM)
Been there a couple of times. The upper part, Royal Belum requires permit. It is really protected forest that part, full with wild animals. This is one territory one would not want to venture alone.

The lower part is accessible...just go to the jetty and many boat man can bring you around the lake etc.

The resort...well, its nice I suppose. But for a place like Banding, I reckon staying in the boat house, camping or better yet, stay with the Orang Asal is the way to go!

Good luck!
May I know is the road safe if I go from kota bharu to belum rainforest resort? And the road condition good? Easy to go?

This post has been edited by KiMi1986: Jan 10 2011, 05:29 PM
+Quote Post
KiMi1986
post Jan 10 2011, 05:38 PM

Planning to go belum rainforest resort.
Is the way safe if we drive from Kota bharu to Belum rainforest resort?(any robbery cases happened on the way b4?)
How the road condition?
Easy to go with signboard? Bcos worry will lost w/o gps.

+Quote Post
Keong
post Jan 10 2011, 07:41 PM

QUOTE(KiMi1986 @ Jan 10 2011, 05:38 PM)
Planning to go belum rainforest resort.
Is the way safe if we drive from Kota bharu to Belum rainforest resort?(any robbery cases happened on the way b4?)
How the road condition?
Easy to go with signboard? Bcos worry will lost w/o gps.
Best to drive day time. Roads can be quite dark and your biggest 'challenge' is actually the jumbos that often come out onto the roads at night because of the warmth.

Get a GPS, a map.

+Quote Post
KiMi1986
post Jan 11 2011, 12:08 AM

Actually v planning to go to 1st day kuantan ---> 2nd day morning go to kemaman ---> kota bharu ---> 3rd day around 1pm++ go to belum temengor...---> ipoh ---> back to KL

What we worry is there many car on the road from kota bharu to belum temengor? bcoz worry kena rompak if only 1 car on the road...

how to get permit?

when v arrive... we can choose either stay with orang asli or belum rainforest resort?
need any booking if want to stay with orang asli/boat/ camping?

our another plan is go 1st day kuantan cherating ---> 2nd day kemaman ---> kota bharu ---> 3rd day 12pm++ go to jeli ---> gua musang ---> raub ---> fraser hill(maybe) ---> back to KL

The main thing is security... especially the way from kota bharu to belum temengor... bcoz v not familiar with there...

This post has been edited by KiMi1986: Jan 11 2011, 12:10 AM
+Quote Post
alieyanna
post Jan 11 2011, 06:12 PM

last year i went to Tasik Banding. Camping at Sungai Papan... we rent boat house & speed boat oso. We have fishing competition. But i'm not join fishing. Just do trekking at jungle, go to jeram and bath with ikan kelah... the water so cold...
+Quote Post
KiMi1986
post Jan 12 2011, 02:55 AM

QUOTE(alieyanna @ Jan 11 2011, 06:12 PM)
last year i went to Tasik Banding. Camping at Sungai Papan...  we rent boat house & speed boat oso. We have fishing competition. But i'm not join fishing. Just do trekking at jungle, go to jeram and bath with ikan kelah... the water so cold...
If go there stay 1 nite enough?

And y no 1 answer my previous question regarding the safety of the road from kota bharu to banding...

This post has been edited by KiMi1986: Jan 12 2011, 02:56 AM
+Quote Post
lck*G9
post Jan 12 2011, 11:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(KiMi1986 @ Jan 12 2011, 02:55 AM)
If go there stay 1 nite enough?

And y no 1 answer my previous question regarding the safety of the road from kota bharu to banding...
The road is safe. Just a little winding. I like it very much because I enjoy taking corners. Signboards are everywhere. There are R&R too but some don't look too appetizing. Its like watching those American movies where psychopaths jumps out and kill you while peeing tongue.gif Just kidding. Road can be slippery when it rains but i think that is common because the road is winding.

Apart from that, phone line connection kinda bad. Most part of the road has no signal until you reaches a town.

Lastly, just make sure you drive with a full tank. Just in case you run out of petrol, it's gonna be pretty hard to contact anyone there.

I travel the road quite frequent last year due to a project but has yet to encounter any single wild animal crossing.

Like this tunnel because it gives me some WW2 feeling tongue.gif
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

A scenery of lake at a R&R

This post has been edited by lck*G9: Jan 12 2011, 11:35 AM
+Quote Post
KiMi1986
post Jan 12 2011, 10:57 PM

QUOTE(lck*G9 @ Jan 12 2011, 11:29 AM)
The road is safe. Just a little winding. I like it very much because I enjoy taking corners. Signboards are everywhere. There are R&R too but some don't look too appetizing. Its like watching those American movies where psychopaths jumps out and kill you while peeing tongue.gif Just kidding. Road can be slippery when it rains but i think that is common because the road is winding.

Apart from that, phone line connection kinda bad. Most part of the road has no signal until you reaches a town.

Lastly, just make sure you drive with a full tank. Just in case you run out of petrol, it's gonna be pretty hard to contact anyone there.

I travel the road quite frequent last year due to a project but has yet to encounter any single wild animal crossing.

Like this tunnel because it gives me some WW2 feeling tongue.gif

A scenery of lake at a R&R

Wow really helpful information from u...TQ very much... if drive in normal speed ard 85-100km/h from kota bharu to there take how many hours? bcoz have to estimate the time... to enjoy there view.
How to get the permit for enter the upper of the forest? get it in kl or get the permit while v reach there?

Have u ever seen 4wd take fast corner with 1.8x cm height? haha...
Nvm i think v will non stop and keep as many empty bottle in the car for pee...HAhaHAhaha!!!

What is WW2 feeling ?

This post has been edited by KiMi1986: Jan 12 2011, 11:03 PM
+Quote Post
lck*G9
post Jan 13 2011, 01:13 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(KiMi1986 @ Jan 12 2011, 10:57 PM)
Wow really helpful information from u...TQ very much... if drive in normal speed ard 85-100km/h from kota bharu to there take how many hours? bcoz have to estimate the time... to enjoy there view.
How to get the permit for enter the upper of the forest? get it in kl or get the permit while v reach there?

Have u ever seen 4wd take fast corner with 1.8x cm height? haha...
Nvm i think v will non stop and keep as many empty bottle in the car for pee...HAhaHAhaha!!!

What is WW2 feeling ?
If I'm not mistaken, it takes approximately 2 hours from KB to Jeli and then another 2+ hours from Jeli to Kuala Kangsar. I'm certainly not sure if it's possible to drive 100kmh all the way. It's winding and there are lots of big lorries. It will also depends on your guts when it comes to overtaking at a corner or you'll just have to wait until you reach the "lorong potong di hadapan" tongue.gif

Hopefully you don't have car sick due to the winding road. There are some very weak so cannot enjoy scenery tongue.gif

It's still raining these days over there, so have a safe trip

Sorry, only can help you with the road condition but not the permit. Never been there.

Maybe I enjoy watching those army movies during the German war laugh.gif The place and bridge reminds me of those movies tongue.gif

Here are some more photos
Scenery along the way

Lata kekabu

+Quote Post
KiMi1986
post Jan 13 2011, 05:08 PM

QUOTE(lck*G9 @ Jan 13 2011, 01:13 PM)
If I'm not mistaken, it takes approximately 2 hours from KB to Jeli and then another 2+ hours from Jeli to Kuala Kangsar. I'm certainly not sure if it's possible to drive 100kmh all the way. It's winding and there are lots of big lorries. It will also depends on your guts when it comes to overtaking at a corner or you'll just have to wait until you reach the "lorong potong di hadapan" tongue.gif

Hopefully you don't have car sick due to the winding road. There are some very weak so cannot enjoy scenery tongue.gif

It's still raining these days over there, so have a safe trip

Sorry, only can help you with the road condition but not the permit. Never been there.

Maybe I enjoy watching those army movies during the German war  laugh.gif The place and bridge reminds me of those movies  tongue.gif

Here are some more photos
Scenery along the way

Lata kekabu

Those information is very useful for me... Really appreciate with it...i will find out those permit info myself. TQ very much!
+Quote Post
alieyanna
post Jun 13 2011, 03:41 PM

Hi.. anybodyhas been to Royal Belum, Sungai Kejar before? Can share with me the picture and some information?

Thank you
+Quote Post
khonginasong
post Oct 17 2011, 05:20 PM

I wanted to take my Australian friends to Grik, Perak... there's a damn nice forest there to go trekking - but when I Googled the place, I found this......

Is Grik town haunted?? rclxub.gif

http://bit.ly/qNAwL1
+Quote Post
renesisx
post Oct 17 2011, 05:25 PM

[ K C G ]

my hometown is there..its a very lovely and peaceful place..have a nice trip! smile.gif
+Quote Post
yusk8
post Oct 17 2011, 05:34 PM

Getting Started

tasik banding is nearby...
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic