Show off your Desktop !, [IMAGE HEAVY !]

views

NoKusshon
post Apr 13 2015, 11:06 PM

Knowledge is Everything. Well Yeah.
1,391 posts

QUOTE(xowangzi @ Mar 2 2015, 04:46 PM)
Ubuntu OSX  biggrin.gif
couldn't agree much on the clean and simple interface by OSX.
Saw Android Studio developer there hehe thumbup.gif
NoKusshon
post Apr 14 2015, 08:46 AM

1,391 posts

QUOTE(xowangzi @ Apr 14 2015, 08:08 AM)
Haha. Yeah. Beginner only biggrin.gif
I'm currently learning how to connect with database, and which database is easy to use cry.gif
NoKusshon
post Apr 15 2015, 09:22 AM

1,391 posts

QUOTE(xowangzi @ Apr 14 2015, 06:28 PM)
Try Sqlite?
Okay, will try look onto it later icon_rolleyes.gif thank you !
NoKusshon
post Apr 15 2015, 09:24 AM

1,391 posts

QUOTE(xowangzi @ Apr 14 2015, 06:28 PM)
Try Sqlite?
Okay, will try look onto it later icon_rolleyes.gif thank you !
NoKusshon
post Aug 21 2015, 11:24 AM

1,391 posts

QUOTE(-Hzu- @ Jul 24 2015, 03:15 PM)
Hello.

[attachmentid=4644661]
Nice one, horror theme thumbup.gif
NoKusshon
post Aug 30 2015, 08:44 PM

1,391 posts

Hello guyz,

First of all, sorry if I'm posting at wrong section, since I don't know where to put. My question is, which one is suitable for me between Linux Mint & Elementary OS.

I will use Linux platform as my main OS for desktop home usage. I will use it for my Thesis Project (eg:Web browsing/words/editing/programming/music/video) non gaming for me at all.

As far as I heard, Linux Mint is stable OS currently and very lite. But, I fall in love with Elementary OS interface, but Elementary OS is not pretty stable like Mint. Is there any method to adapt overall interface Mint similar to Elementary OS? Or does Elementary OS is suit for my home usage?

Thank you in advance for sifus, sorry for my bad english btw smile.gif
NoKusshon
post Aug 30 2015, 09:33 PM

1,391 posts

QUOTE(-Hzu- @ Aug 30 2015, 09:09 PM)
Stability wise, I don't think eOS is going to hinder your work whatsoever. It did crashed on me once, but I wasn't really devoted to using it since I needed a more lightweight distro, so I can't really say much about it.

You can, however install Pantheon (eOS's desktop environment) but it will take you more to get it to work due to dependencies and compatibilities issues (different versions, etc.). There's a guide out there, but it's outdated. If there's one for Ubuntu, I'm sure you can get it work on Mint with the same guide, since Mint is based on Ubuntu.

EDIT: This guide (http://www.itworld.com/article/2697704/install-elementary-os-pantheon-desktop-in-linux-mint-16.html) is very simple and should get you going with getting Pantheon to work on Mint. But if stability is your main concern, you should just use elementary if you want Pantheon.
Okay, thank you for the feedback bro. Sorry again posting at wrong section. notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
NoKusshon
post Aug 31 2015, 08:10 AM

1,391 posts

QUOTE(failed.hashcheck @ Aug 31 2015, 06:11 AM)
if you want to do REAL work, then use a major distro with simple but stable UI.

If you are using Elementary OS, you may ended wasting more of your time literally using the OS itself by figuring out missing stuff, trying not to break the already fragile GUI, or even compiling supposedly unnecessary things (and get rekt solving dependencies).
hardcore Linux promoter always bait potential users with nice screenshot. But they don't tell you the horror behind it. <--prove me wrong  tongue.gif

Look for the giants like Fedora, openSUSE, or Mint, preferably with Gnome GUI or its derivatives. (I found there are too many distractions with KDE. Its okay if you don't mind some clutters).
Doing everyday activities would be more awesome with latest and greatest stuff, so you may want to look for constantly updated rolling release distro like openSUSE Tumbleweed or Arch, ..well, if you are okay with updates knocking your door on daily basis though.

Disclaimer:
This is just my personal experience and opinion. eOS gives me headache on my hardware and usage pattern, but not others. so YMMV. 
Im currently using Gnome on openSUSE Tumbleweed on desktop (and 13.1 on servers) , but the real reason I like openSUSE is for its management toolset that I think is better than other distro.
Thank you for the explanation bro. I think I will use Fedora since it's have Gnome 3 by default desktop & works great with my working environment since Linux will be my main OS at home wink.gif Btw, in Gnome 3, can we move the dock to bottom?
NoKusshon
post Aug 31 2015, 10:21 PM

1,391 posts

QUOTE(-Hzu- @ Aug 31 2015, 04:50 PM)
Yeah, he's absolutely right. If you want to do real work and be productive, better not waste your time ricing and just have fully functional desktop environment. You can rice when you have the time and have already masters the basics of using Linux. I still have an i3 desktop still waiting to be riced. I just can't be bothered to commit myself to something that won't be of any use to me in the long run.

And yes, you can. I personally use MMOD panel to move it at the bottom and use a lot of its neat features. https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/898/mmod-panel/
Thank you very much bro, then Fedora will be my choice wink.gif Will try experiment to install into my macbook before build my desktop next month wink.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0277sec    0.33    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:15 AM