Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom
Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Stupid or WHAT!?, Why invest so much money on ICE?

views

TSMrPudujail
post Nov 8 2010, 12:16 AM, updated 9y ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hey guys, not with the offensive tone or what but I am just curious why so many of you
invest sooo much money in hi quality, expensive, low-noise in-car sound system.

Haven't it crossed in your audiophile heads that as long as you are driving on the BUSY road you can
almost and surely NEVER get to enjoy/realize the bells and whistles of your high fidelity audio system?

Whenever we are driving, we hear the car engine running, the air-cond blowing, tyres rolling on the tar,
motorcycle zooming past, and of course your creaking car frame.

With all these kinetic noises buzzing around us, who can tell the difference between an reasonable SNR entry-level head unit
from high SNR competition-level offerings from Alpine or Pioneer??

Give it a second thought. STUPID OR WHAT!?

I WANT EVERYONE TO COME AND PROVE ME WRONG!! mad.gif vmad.gif

This post has been edited by MrPudujail: Nov 8 2010, 12:17 AM
geforce88
post Nov 8 2010, 12:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

me not so much into audio thing, my car only got a powdeerrrpuullll woofer, and those blingz lcd screen etc etc, cost me few K, but worth it....
loki
post Nov 8 2010, 12:20 AM

Regular

TS just jealous of ppl having expensive system which he himself cannot afford.
nyap2
post Nov 8 2010, 12:34 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(loki @ Nov 8 2010, 12:20 AM)
+1
Funnypants91
post Nov 8 2010, 12:51 AM

Group: Newbie

This post has been edited by Funnypants91: Nov 8 2010, 12:53 AM
TSMrPudujail
post Nov 8 2010, 12:55 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(loki @ Nov 8 2010, 12:20 AM)
And you must be saying this to save your face from the disgrace of investing thousands of ringgits you put into
your SQL system.

C'mon. Be real, guys. Admit it. The only moment you were convinced you bought alpine/pioneer instead of brand XYZ is when you
parked your car in the garage at night when the neighbourhood is sleeping.

I can assure there is no time in ur hectic life u actually go anal about ur sound systems unless if brand XYZ is so poor that the CD skips.
Better save all that money for real hi-fi audio at home in ur bedroom.
arcilist
post Nov 8 2010, 08:42 AM

Getting Started

i have no high end ICE...used to put have 6 speaker only front and rear...

on basshunter song, cant hear outside world already...enjoyed it at traffic light...and also when slow moving traffic...even keep me awake driving at nite...

cant see any waste there...

cant imagine either if i invest a few more K to upgrade....must be very good...

TS...it's like choosing ur life partner...what's best for u sometime is never best for others....what's best for others is sometime never best for u..

having high loaded ICE might not give u a kick...but it doped some people out there
MyWifeCar
post Nov 8 2010, 10:41 AM

★ Car Soundproofing DIY~

QUOTE(MrPudujail @ Nov 8 2010, 12:16 AM)
Hey guys, not with the offensive tone or what but I am just curious why so many of you

Haven't it crossed in your audiophile heads that as long as you are driving on the BUSY road you can
almost and surely NEVER get to enjoy/realize the bells and whistles of your high fidelity audio system?

Whenever we are driving, we hear the car engine running, the air-cond blowing, tyres rolling on the tar,

With all these kinetic noises buzzing around us, who can tell the difference between an reasonable SNR entry-level head unit

I WANT EVERYONE TO COME AND PROVE ME WRONG!! mad.gif  vmad.gif
Hei, that's the same thing I ask about playing Golf too... Guess what is the answer I get~ sweat.gif
JonSpark
post Nov 8 2010, 10:53 AM

Bryn

QUOTE(MrPudujail @ Nov 8 2010, 12:55 AM)
Better save all that money for real hi-fi audio at home in ur bedroom.
This.

I'd rather spend it on performance part. Good quality speakers are more than enough for me.
Quazacolt
post Nov 8 2010, 11:10 AM

Riding couple

QUOTE(MrPudujail @ Nov 8 2010, 12:16 AM)

I WANT EVERYONE TO COME AND PROVE ME WRONG!! mad.gif  vmad.gif
why not? i listen to my audio, and i dont listen to the noise from outside. problem? wwwww
and no, i dont really hear car engine/air con/tyre rollin/motorcycle zooming past (unless its those faggots that modded their exhaust to sound like a freakshow) etc

btw, alpine/pioneer are only good on the HU (unless ur buying high end alpine/pioneer speakers/woofers, and then again, there are better choices elsewhere)

done, proven you wrong. /thread
riku2replica
post Nov 8 2010, 11:17 AM

Mugi-chan!! 可愛い!!

they trust their ears for better audio, i got no comments but i'd stick to stock coz i can't afford better stuff while i can't enjoy it to fullest. sad.gif
TSMrPudujail
post Nov 8 2010, 01:14 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(MyWifeCar @ Nov 8 2010, 10:41 AM)
Hei, that's the same thing I ask about playing Golf too...  Guess what is the answer I get~    sweat.gif
Just curious..What answer you've got??

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Nov 8 2010, 11:10 AM)
why not? i listen to my audio, and i dont listen to the noise from outside. problem? wwwww
and no, i dont really hear car engine/air con/tyre rollin/motorcycle zooming past (unless its those faggots that modded their exhaust to sound like a freakshow) etc

btw, alpine/pioneer are only good on the HU (unless ur buying high end alpine/pioneer speakers/woofers, and then again, there are better choices elsewhere)

done, proven you wrong. /thread
That's only true when u spin the vol knobs to eleven, or you're suffering from mild hearing loss.
Fidelity is when the system has low THD and high SNR.
Sound good or not in ur car, that depends on the equlizer.

So if I get a moderately good entry-level system and a moderately good 7-band equalizer, then I get a Great sounding system (with everything else being good). True?
zennn
post Nov 8 2010, 01:39 PM

Group: Newbie

to each his own............
Mavik
post Nov 8 2010, 01:45 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Group: Elite

I guess it is just one man's passion. I mean if you look at all the big boy's toys, most of them doesn't really make sense but they cost a huge bomb.

e.g. Its like buying a Ferrari and all you do is drive it around 100km a month with it. A kancil will bring you from point A to B but arguments is that its not the destination that is important but the journey.

The same goes for those who feel that investing in hi-fidelity systems are worth it, it doesn't matter if you hear that extra cymbal from the percussionist, its the entire experience that they want.

Everyone is made differently, each have our own likes and dislikes. And most of the time, most of our likes and wants, may not even make sense.
wiraone
post Nov 8 2010, 01:47 PM

Who cares about all the stars?

Ayo kawan, apa bising2 .. you got money to spend it on, go ahead, don't kacau2 if someone here want to spend money on you call stupid thing. If they think they want to have their top-notch audio system in their car, be it. If you don't agree, up to you really .. no one should feed this troll .. smile.gif Opss.. let me hiding first before you fire your words toward me! smile.gif
Zaypher
post Nov 8 2010, 01:48 PM

Getting Started

well, im not into ICE as well though i enjoy music. I have a nice soudn system at home where i can just lie down on my sofa and enjoy some nice classical music.
statikinetic
post Nov 8 2010, 01:52 PM

Warm up. Go hot.

QUOTE(MrPudujail @ Nov 8 2010, 01:14 PM)
So if I get a moderately good entry-level system and a moderately good 7-band equalizer, then I get a Great sounding system (with everything else being good). True?
No. You get moderately good sounding system.
Cruxs
post Nov 8 2010, 01:56 PM

On my way

passion for high equipment....just like me......crazy over hi fi in my house....but not in car bcoz so many unwanted noise kacau....high SNR almost no different from low SNR sound......but very big different in price......better spend for home hi fi....better soundstage, acoustic, depth & warmth.....
MyWifeCar
post Nov 8 2010, 02:00 PM

★ Car Soundproofing DIY~

QUOTE(MrPudujail @ Nov 8 2010, 01:14 PM)
Just curious..What answer you've got??

Aiya, still need me to say it out meh~~ tongue.gif

This is what I learnt so far, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

... /Thread.
Joseph Hahn
post Nov 8 2010, 02:11 PM

sera plz

This is where more money goes to soundproofing bro. tongue.gif

10 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to: