Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Mont Kiara Old Condos for Own Stay, Advice needed, thanks!

views

icecoolman
post Nov 18 2010, 08:19 PM

Getting Started
93 posts

Well, anyone can advice on the rentability of mont kiara area? How long does it take before you get to rent out your unit, 1-2 months? or 4-6 months? Is it easy to rent out empty units or does it have to be partially/fully furnished before it can be rented?
icecoolman
post Nov 19 2010, 10:15 AM

Getting Started
93 posts

I see that recent postings saying prices is quite steep now at RM500/sq feet. Have some questions as below.

1) Will the prices increase or decrease, any comments on this?
2) Also, no one has mentioned how is the "rentability" of the units. I've seen a long list of apartments for rent in Mont Kiara recently in the newspapers for the last couple of weeks. Does this mean, it's hard to rent out?
3) If renting out the units, is it possible for basic unit or has to be partially/fully furnished to rent out easily?
4) With the recent news of someone's death(my condolences to the deceased family and friends), will it affect the prices of selling and "rentability"? I guess it may not affect in the long run(maybe affect for like 2-3 months before everyone forget about this incident) as this is "sudden death" as stated by police and not a murder or something like that.

icecoolman
post Nov 19 2010, 10:22 AM

Getting Started
93 posts

QUOTE(airline @ Nov 19 2010, 10:18 AM)
If want easy to rent out go for the small
Units, big units Erm......,,,
If you mention go for small units, how small? I'm looking at some units in Mt Kiara around 1.1K sq/ft. Would this be just nice for normal family sized? If smaller than this will be studio. If studio, I heard it's hard to sell off eventually.
icecoolman
post Nov 20 2010, 01:43 PM

Getting Started
93 posts

QUOTE(icecoolman @ Nov 19 2010, 10:15 AM)
I see that recent postings saying prices is quite steep now at RM500/sq feet. Have some questions as below.

1) Will the prices increase or decrease, any comments on this?
2) Also, no one has mentioned how is the "rentability" of the units. I've seen a long list of apartments for rent in Mont Kiara recently in the newspapers for the last couple of weeks. Does this mean, it's hard to rent out?
3) If renting out the units, is it possible for basic unit or has to be partially/fully furnished to rent out easily?
4) With the recent news of someone's death(my condolences to the deceased family and friends), will it affect the prices of selling and "rentability"? I guess it may not affect in the long run(maybe affect for like 2-3 months before everyone forget about this incident) as this is "sudden death" as stated by police and not a murder or something like that.
Any comments on this questions?
icecoolman
post Nov 22 2010, 05:07 PM

Getting Started
93 posts

QUOTE(terzam @ Nov 21 2010, 01:33 AM)
I'm curious Nikmon, what would Mont Kiara become history? Please elaborate...

I'm pretty sure an auction unit in Mont Kiara isn't very representative, neither is it the only area with auction units available.
I agree with Terzam. Mont Kiara will not be history. It's just in transition period for some of the condo's. I believe certain condos will be attracting many local buyers there and this will be a boom when locals flood the area to purchase a unit. Expats move out, the affordable locals will go for it.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0317sec    0.19    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:22 PM