Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

38 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Please recommend a reliable house alarm system, Alarm system - PARADOX Home Security

views

TSedwardsiow
post Nov 3 2010, 04:41 PM, updated 14y ago

Getting Started
180 posts

Hi,

I am planning to install a house alarm system..Anyone can recommend a good one with affordable price..?

This post has been edited by edwardsiow: Jan 3 2011, 09:45 PM
Drian
post Nov 3 2010, 05:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,968 posts

I'm quite interested too, not much information on alarm system.
TSedwardsiow
post Nov 3 2010, 05:43 PM

Getting Started
180 posts

I am now getting information from SUPA 10 (BRNO) because seems like a lot of people using it and not so expensive...

Added on November 5, 2010, 8:21 pmAnyone please recommend a reliable house alarm system...

BRNO website down, facebook inactive and email no response....><

This post has been edited by edwardsiow: Nov 5 2010, 08:21 PM
mrlonely78
post Nov 9 2010, 12:20 PM

Casual
347 posts

go for paradox alarm, worldwide using it. reliable, trusted. get good installer to install it for you.

thanks.
omels
post Nov 9 2010, 12:30 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

yeah...i m also use Paradox Alarm......got many2 functions.....my suplier give me 2years warnty for any false alarm...
alanyuppie
post Nov 9 2010, 01:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,791 posts

QUOTE(omels @ Nov 9 2010, 01:30 PM)
yeah...i m also use Paradox Alarm......got many2 functions.....my suplier give me 2years warnty for any false alarm...
What kind of functions and whats the price you paid?

TSedwardsiow
post Nov 9 2010, 02:00 PM

Getting Started
180 posts

Paradox whole set including wiring how much?

Thanks
omels
post Nov 9 2010, 09:39 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(alanyuppie @ Nov 9 2010, 01:55 PM)
What kind of functions and whats the price you paid?
My house Semi-D type...so many tingkap there..and for my Paradox alarm system, suplier only install Shock(18 units),Magnetic(5Units) and motion sensor(1Unit only), total price RM1.5K (all wiring conceal type)....and he gave me a catalouge about paradox where i can add-on it in future (Photo Sensor/Smoke/Glass/ etc...)

also paradox can communicate throuh Phone/GSM/Internet where it will call u once alarm triggerd....

lun1010
post Nov 9 2010, 11:40 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(omels @ Nov 9 2010, 09:39 PM)
My house Semi-D type...so many tingkap there..and for my Paradox alarm system, suplier only install Shock(18 units),Magnetic(5Units) and motion sensor(1Unit only), total price RM1.5K (all wiring conceal type)....and he gave me a catalouge about paradox where i can add-on it in future (Photo Sensor/Smoke/Glass/ etc...)

also paradox can communicate throuh Phone/GSM/Internet where it will call u once alarm triggerd....
could u please pm your contractor contact to me. thanks.
TSedwardsiow
post Nov 10 2010, 08:50 AM

Getting Started
180 posts

QUOTE(omels @ Nov 9 2010, 09:39 PM)

I also need the contact of the sale office or contractor...Please PM me..thanks
alanyuppie
post Nov 10 2010, 09:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,791 posts

QUOTE(omels @ Nov 9 2010, 10:39 PM)

For a Semi-D, rm1.5k is a steal considering you need to protect" many possible entry points. Whats the difference between shock and magnetic? No false alarm so far?
omels
post Nov 10 2010, 11:44 AM

Getting Started
86 posts

QUOTE(alanyuppie @ Nov 10 2010, 09:48 AM)
For a Semi-D, rm1.5k is a steal considering you need to protect" many possible entry points. Whats the difference between shock and magnetic? No false alarm so far?
so far i think no possible entry even at top roof they install motion sensor, but if wanna make it perfect...install photobeam and motion sensor for outside area( quite expensive )....shcok sensor installed at my windows (on windows grille) while magnetic for all doors....

yeah..so far no false alarm...but in 5days after installation, Outside Siren didnt work,..i called them and immediatly they change to new one...

since they gave me 2years warrnty...i believe this product is reliabe..Paradox is under Canada Company..
yothim
post Nov 10 2010, 12:07 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

hi guys,

i got an existing alarm system from the previous owner (subsale) but the owner did not left any contact to us. so, is it possible to just find a alarm vendor to rewire the system+add another keypad?

my uncle got his wallet+phone stolen at my place (USJ6) when he left the gate open while he was hacking somet parquet. it was fast.....no one hear anything.....luckily nothing happened...kinda regret buying there since it wasnt gated....sigh.....at first thought of removing the alarm...but now...i think i have to install it

This post has been edited by yothim: Nov 10 2010, 12:09 PM
mrlonely78
post Nov 10 2010, 12:07 PM

Casual
347 posts

i pay 3200++ for all windows shock and magnetic sensor, magnetic sensor for door, 3 PIR for rooftop, living hall and 1st flr living hall, 2 LCD keypad, 1 voice module for the call you when alarm trigger, plus siren outside and inside and control box and all wiring, plus magnetic sensor to all entry from the roof such as bathroom roof etc.

mine is double storey house and i'm using paradox spectra sp6000 with 12 zone smile.gif

its a good brand.

Added on November 10, 2010, 12:13 pm
QUOTE(yothim @ Nov 10 2010, 12:07 PM)
hi guys,

i got an existing alarm system from the previous owner (subsale) but the owner did not left any contact to us. so, is it possible to just find a alarm vendor to rewire the system+add another keypad?

my uncle got his wallet+phone stolen at my place (USJ6) when he left the gate open while he was hacking somet parquet. it was fast.....no one hear anything.....luckily nothing happened...kinda regret buying there since it wasnt gated....sigh.....at first thought of removing the alarm...but now...i think i have to install it
for the safety reason, its best for you to install new alarm, cause not all alarm can be mix one. if i were you, i will remove it, and install new with my own idea where to put all the sensor.

Added on November 10, 2010, 12:15 pm
QUOTE(omels @ Nov 10 2010, 11:44 AM)
so far i think no possible entry even at top roof they install motion sensor, but if wanna make it perfect...install photobeam and motion sensor for outside area( quite expensive )....shcok sensor installed at my windows (on windows grille) while magnetic for all doors....

yeah..so far no false alarm...but in 5days after installation, Outside Siren didnt work,..i called them and immediatly they change to new one...

since they gave me 2years warrnty...i believe this product is reliabe..Paradox is under Canada Company..
shock for any vibration, magnetic for the contact, so if any of your windows is not close properly (not in contact between magnetic sensor) then it will trigger if you arming the system, otherwise, if not arming, it will show you any that window as open zone. depending on the installer, my installer install the system and separate the sensor as zone, so for zone 1, it can be your kitchen, that includes all windows at the kitchen area, PIR sensor at the kitchen area so any of this sensor is not close properly, then it will show zone 1 kitchen as open zone. so u need to check all sensors connected to this zone.

for doors mostly, the installer will create a separate zone cause sometime u want to have delay before system arm, such as when you want to go out, and go inside, u need to arm the alarm, then, it gives some delay for you to lock the door first etc.

so at the end, its depending on your installer also, but you can discuss when install, how you want the alarm to be setup smile.gif

This post has been edited by mrlonely78: Nov 10 2010, 12:20 PM
yothim
post Nov 10 2010, 12:46 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

i was thinking of getting something which is not so 'invasive' as all these need to be hacked/concealed.......
numbertwo
post Nov 10 2010, 01:15 PM

Regular
1,762 posts

get a wireless set then...no hacking is necessary.. and you can use those 'stick-it' to place those sensors on the windows/door frames..
yothim
post Nov 10 2010, 01:17 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

QUOTE(numbertwo @ Nov 10 2010, 01:15 PM)
get a wireless set then...no hacking is necessary.. and you can use those 'stick-it' to place those sensors on the windows/door frames..
i was thinking this but i would think the battery is the problem. btw is the main usit uses power from the socket or the battery? i dont mind buying one wireless which connect to the main power. the sensors running on batteries as i just need only 3 magnetic sensor n 2 motion sensor....hope this system exist...
numbertwo
post Nov 10 2010, 01:23 PM

Regular
1,762 posts

Battery for the magnectic last for almost a year, and it lasts about 6 mths in the motion sensor.. Main unit has to attach to AC.

This wireless alarm system is quite common since many years back.. The thing is how/where to source for a reliable one. I used to use a 800 bucks wireless system that comes with 2 motion sensors, 6 magnectic sensors and an external siren. Main units connect to phoneline so that it will ring your hp or any other phone when any of the sensors triggered, or you can turn on/off the alarm via your mobile.

But it gets a bit of false alarm hence i have decommissioned it year back.... I got it from lelong btw. If you could source for a reliable set, it is the way to go! why hack your wall.. smile.gif
TSedwardsiow
post Nov 10 2010, 02:23 PM

Getting Started
180 posts

Anyone know where, how and who should I contact about paradox spectra sp6000?

Any sale office near Bandar Puteri Puchong?

omels
post Nov 10 2010, 02:23 PM

Getting Started
86 posts

Hi all....due too many PM me about my suplier...Here s contact details:

Winson 012-2060138

Dont forget mention my name Zul Taman Universiti...

But i cannot gurentee u can get same as my price...try ur best...

38 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0196sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:54 PM