Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Where to get these home gym equipments?

bigbangformula
post Nov 1 2010, 09:14 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

Hi guys do any of you know where can I get a pullup bar?I'm just starting to do pullups,and the bars at my playground is freaking dirty mad.gif I wanna get one that I can use at home,do any of you know where I can get?Carrefour,Tesco,or Giant perhaps?

And,is there anything that can replace dumbbells?I think there's this bag which is filled with sand which can substitute the dumbbells right?

Thanks for the feedbacks smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
night
post Nov 1 2010, 10:11 PM

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

Giant selling their 10kg dumbell for RM99. If you want a cheap dumbell, can buy those empty one where you can either fill in water or sand.

I'm pretty sure you can find your equipment in any fitness centre in Pyramid, Mid Valley, KLCC and etc. I bought my bench press and dumbell at Pyramid.
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 1 2010, 10:20 PM

Regular

QUOTE(night @ Nov 1 2010, 10:11 PM)
Giant selling their 10kg dumbell for RM99. If you want a cheap dumbell, can buy those empty one where you can either fill in water or sand.

I'm pretty sure you can find your equipment in any fitness centre in Pyramid, Mid Valley, KLCC and etc. I bought my bench press and dumbell at Pyramid.
Ah,wow,RM99,that's pretty expensive,how much are those empty ones?And how are u supposed to fill in water and sand in it?Sorry,I've never seen it before,wht's the name of this thing?So I can search in Google smile.gif
+Quote Post
night
post Nov 1 2010, 10:38 PM

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 1 2010, 10:20 PM)
Ah,wow,RM99,that's pretty expensive,how much are those empty ones?And how are u supposed to fill in water and sand in it?Sorry,I've never seen it before,wht's the name of this thing?So I can search in Google  smile.gif
It looks something like this where there's a hole for you to fill in those water or sand.
user posted image

If I were you, I'll go for dumbell like the one below. You're able to really build muscle with the dumbell. Besides that, you're able to add more weights instead of buying a whole new set. That save you lots of money in the long run.
user posted image

The sand filled dumbell is practically useless. You're get used with the weight very quickly. If you're serious in building muscle, get the one I recommended. And so far RM99 is the cheapest I've seen. This price is referring to the metal one. I'm pretty sure there's other cheaper one outside. You just have to find harder. The refillable dumbell will cost you around RM20-RM30.

This post has been edited by night: Nov 1 2010, 10:42 PM
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 1 2010, 10:59 PM

Regular

QUOTE(night @ Nov 1 2010, 10:38 PM)
It looks something like this where there's a hole for you to fill in those water or sand.
user posted image

If I were you, I'll go for dumbell like the one below. You're able to really build muscle with the dumbell. Besides that, you're able to add more weights instead of buying a whole new set. That save you lots of money in the long run.
user posted image

The sand filled dumbell is practically useless. You're get used with the weight very quickly. If you're serious in building muscle, get the one I recommended. And so far RM99 is the cheapest I've seen. This price is referring to the metal one. I'm pretty sure there's other cheaper one outside. You just have to find harder. The refillable dumbell will cost you around RM20-RM30.
Wow,thx,just the info i needed.

Btw yea just by looking at it,I oso feel that that refillable dumbbell got not much use,cos what if u want it to be heavier?Seems to me like as if it can only be filled to a certain extent..and how would u know how much water or sand u need to make it a certain kg? hmm.gif

Ann that metal dumbbell,what's their minimum weight?I know those 1-5KG are those plastic ones,but do those metal ones comes in those weight too?Or only 10KG and above?
+Quote Post
night
post Nov 1 2010, 11:39 PM

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 1 2010, 10:59 PM)
Wow,thx,just the info i needed.

Btw yea just by looking at it,I oso feel that that refillable dumbbell got not much use,cos what if u want it to be heavier?Seems to me like as if it can only be filled to a certain extent..and how would u know how much water or sand u need to make it a certain kg?  hmm.gif

Ann that metal dumbbell,what's their minimum weight?I know those 1-5KG are those plastic ones,but do those metal ones comes in those weight too?Or only 10KG and above?
I've seen two different type of weight so far. The first one is made of metal and those metal are exposed. The second one would be made of metal as well but they had a layer of rubber protecting the metal. In a way that you're able to protect your beautiful marble floor from being scratch and damaged by the dumbell. I bought my dumbell with a layer of rubber at about RM123 at Pyramid for one set.

So far, the min weight I've seen for both type are 0.5kg. I think those weights can go up to 5 or 10kg. Not to sure about that. The one I purchase comes with 6 weight for me to play along per set. It comes with 2 x 2.5kg + 2 x 1.25kg + 2 x 0.5kg. The handle itself do carry some weight so the total would make up to 10kg per set.

Forget about the filled type dumbell. It's practically useless if you're serious in building muscles.
+Quote Post
SilentSerpent
post Nov 2 2010, 01:11 AM

It sucks to be you

if im not mistaken, i bought my dumbell set from jusco/carrefour(cant remember) for about RM70 for 10kgs.
i think that's bloody cheap, since its solid iron, and you can use it for the rest of your life. and it does wonders to your body too.
investment, bro.

smile.gif
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 2 2010, 09:49 AM

Regular

QUOTE(night @ Nov 1 2010, 11:39 PM)
I've seen two different type of weight so far. The first one is made of metal and those metal are exposed. The second one would be made of metal as well but they had a layer of rubber protecting the metal. In a way that you're able to protect your beautiful marble floor from being scratch and damaged by the dumbell. I bought my dumbell with a layer of rubber at about RM123 at Pyramid for one set.

So far, the min weight I've seen for both type are 0.5kg. I think those weights can go up to 5 or 10kg. Not to sure about that. The one I purchase comes with 6 weight for me to play along per set. It comes with 2 x 2.5kg + 2 x 1.25kg + 2 x 0.5kg. The handle itself do carry some weight so the total would make up to 10kg per set.

Forget about the filled type dumbell. It's practically useless if you're serious in building muscles.
Oh allright,thx smile.gif Maybe I shall look out for those metal with the layer of rubber,I also do not want my floor from getting scratched smile.gif Oh,so u can change the weights right?So the min weight is 0.5..that's good,cos I started with 1 KG,now doing 2 KG,so I plan to increase gradually thumbup.gif

Btw,do these metals rust?

QUOTE(SilentSerpent @ Nov 2 2010, 01:11 AM)
if im not mistaken, i bought my dumbell set from jusco/carrefour(cant remember) for about RM70 for 10kgs.
i think that's bloody cheap, since its solid iron, and you can use it for the rest of your life. and it does wonders to your body too.
investment, bro.

smile.gif
Ah,that's cheap too,those sets that u bought,the weights can be changed too?
+Quote Post
night
post Nov 2 2010, 10:52 AM

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 2 2010, 09:49 AM)
Oh allright,thx  smile.gif Maybe I shall look out for those metal with the layer of rubber,I also do not want my floor from getting scratched  smile.gif Oh,so u can change the weights right?So the min weight is 0.5..that's good,cos I started with 1 KG,now doing 2 KG,so I plan to increase gradually  thumbup.gif

Is not only metal. If I'm not mistaken, the metal piece had a layer of spray. If you have a layer of rubber, you need not worry about your dumbell getting rusted. Anyway, just avoid washing your dumbell. If you must, then ensure your dumbell is dry at all time. And yeah. You're able to change and play around with those weights. My arm is already used with 10kg. Right now slowly buying additional weights to make my dumbell heavier. In the long term, you'll save alot bro.

And RM70 is the cheapest I've heard. But do remember that bare metal and those with rubber are priced differently. It'll cost more if you want a layer of rubber. Just double check just to be safe.
+Quote Post
tenno
post Nov 2 2010, 11:13 AM

Livestrong

QUOTE(night @ Nov 1 2010, 10:38 PM)
user posted image
U sure this thing's being sold locally ? I've never seen this at any fitness store locally, at least in KL, & I frequent quite a number of them, almost weekly.

Added on November 2, 2010, 11:18 am
QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 1 2010, 10:20 PM)
Ah,wow,RM99,that's pretty expensive,how much are those empty ones?And how are u supposed to fill in water and sand in it?Sorry,I've never seen it before,wht's the name of this thing?So I can search in Google  smile.gif
U can wait for one of those hypermarkets to have discounts on those dumbbells la. If U go to specialty fitness store (Fitness Concept, Aibi, Weider, Dynamex, Kettler) I doubt U can find any dumbbells for less than RM70-80, except for those plastic fixed weight dumbbells.

There are a variety of pullup bars on sale locally now. The cheapest one would be the ones U fix on the door frames, the ones that is just an adjustable straight bar with plastic coated ends. Hypermarkets also got those. For more variable position bar, U might wanna check those in fitness stores, there's also somebody selling it in the forum, check out Trade zone.

Added on November 2, 2010, 11:21 am
The weight plates are coated in paint, so chances are, they won't rust. But the bars itself, although chrome plated, will have a higher chance of corroding, especially at the part where U screw in the clips. The rubber coated ones won't rust la. Also, if U wanna add in weight plates later, check out the weights sold at fitness stores. I've seen weight plates at Fitness Concept selling at a slightly cheaper price than Carrefour... & U get a better brand la.. Maxx.

This post has been edited by tenno: Nov 2 2010, 11:21 AM
+Quote Post
night
post Nov 2 2010, 12:24 PM

QUOTE(tenno @ Nov 2 2010, 11:13 AM)
U sure this thing's being sold locally ? I've never seen this at any fitness store locally, at least in KL, & I frequent quite a number of them, almost weekly.
I have personally seen on of this before. Even had the chance to touch and play around with it. You can't buy those at any fitness store. I saw one shop selling Japanese stuff had those in their store. Price is about RM20-30. Is at Klang btw.
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 2 2010, 12:52 PM

Regular

Ah,ok,now I dun think I want to buy that refillable dumbbell or that fixed weight dumbbell either,becos if I buy the fixed-weight dumbbell,then when I get used to it,need to buy a new pair again,waste money,might as well buy the adjustable dumbbell and add in more weights later smile.gif

So where u guys suggest me to get those?Do u think it's ok to get from hypermarkets like Carrefour,Tesco etc. or better go buy at fitness stores?And actually bare metal is also ok right?Just that it may scratch the floor when dropped

About the pullup bar,I don't have a wide enough doorframe to mount it on,so there is this type of pullup bar which is straight and stick to the wall,am i right?Is it stable enough?
+Quote Post
night
post Nov 2 2010, 01:58 PM

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 2 2010, 12:52 PM)
Ah,ok,now I dun think I want to buy that refillable dumbbell or that fixed weight dumbbell either,becos if I buy the fixed-weight dumbbell,then when I get used to it,need to buy a new pair again,waste money,might as well buy the adjustable dumbbell and add in more weights later  smile.gif

So where u guys suggest me to get those?Do u think it's ok to get from hypermarkets like Carrefour,Tesco etc. or better go buy at fitness stores?And actually bare metal is also ok right?Just that it may scratch the floor when dropped

About the pullup bar,I don't have a wide enough doorframe to mount it on,so there is this type of pullup bar which is straight and stick to the wall,am i right?Is it stable enough?
If you want to save cost, you can get the metal one and buy a rubber mat to be place on the floor. If possible, get those that is coated wtih a layer of rubber. I don't think the RM70 dumbell had a layer of rubber. Actually hypermarkets dumbell are not too bad. You should check them out yourself.

Since you don't have a wide door frame, I would suggest you getting this wall mount pull up bar if you don't mind drilling a hole on your wall.

user posted image
+Quote Post
tenno
post Nov 2 2010, 02:24 PM

Livestrong

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 2 2010, 12:52 PM)
Ah,ok,now I dun think I want to buy that refillable dumbbell or that fixed weight dumbbell either,becos if I buy the fixed-weight dumbbell,then when I get used to it,need to buy a new pair again,waste money,might as well buy the adjustable dumbbell and add in more weights later  smile.gif
Start with a cheap, adjustable one. U can add weight plates later.

U sure about this ? Most door frames are about the same size. The pullup bar I have adjusts from minimum 60 cm (2 feet) to about 110 cm.

Added on November 2, 2010, 2:25 pm
QUOTE(night @ Nov 2 2010, 01:58 PM)

user posted image
Hmm... I guess U've seen this locally too huh ? At hardware store maybe ?

This post has been edited by tenno: Nov 2 2010, 02:25 PM
+Quote Post
night
post Nov 2 2010, 02:29 PM

QUOTE(tenno @ Nov 2 2010, 02:24 PM)
U sure about this ? Most door frames are about the same size. The pullup bar I have adjusts from minimum 60 cm (2 feet) to about 110 cm.

I've not seen this selling at any fitness shop before but I've heard from other forummers stating that they get theirs locally made from those shop that fabricate metals. Then they'll get those rubber tape just like those found on badmintion racquet and tape them on the bar. Works just well.
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 2 2010, 03:28 PM

Regular

QUOTE(night @ Nov 2 2010, 01:58 PM)
If you want to save cost, you can get the metal one and buy a rubber mat to be place on the floor. If possible, get those that is coated wtih a layer of rubber. I don't think the RM70 dumbell had a layer of rubber. Actually hypermarkets dumbell are not too bad. You should check them out yourself.

Since you don't have a wide door frame, I would suggest you getting this wall mount pull up bar if you don't mind drilling a hole on your wall.

user posted image
Oh,wow,these kind of pullbar blink.gif I don't think I'm allowed to drill holes in my wall though sweat.gif Are there no pullup bars that u can just stick to the wall?

And yea,maybe this week I will go check out the dumbbells in Carrefour maybe smile.gif I think their dumbbells come in some kind of hard bag right?I mean like those suitcase bag style laugh.gif

QUOTE(tenno @ Nov 2 2010, 02:24 PM)

Yea my doorframe is quite narrow,dun think there's enough space..I wonder if there is a pullup bar which u can just stick to the wall..
+Quote Post
tenno
post Nov 2 2010, 04:07 PM

Livestrong

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 2 2010, 03:28 PM)
And yea,maybe this week I will go check out the dumbbells in Carrefour maybe  smile.gif I think their dumbbells come in some kind of hard bag right?I mean like those suitcase bag style  laugh.gif
Nope.. the cheap ones comes in normal cardboard boxes only...
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 2 2010, 04:12 PM

Regular

QUOTE(tenno @ Nov 2 2010, 04:07 PM)
Nope.. the cheap ones comes in normal cardboard boxes only...
Oh,ok,I dun care much about the packaging anyway,long as it serves the purpose thumbup.gif

So,usually,these metal dumbbells starts with how many KG's?I remember seeing that they start at 10KG,then u add on if u want,that's quite heavy for me,I'm starting at 1KG now only blush.gif So I want to increase to 3 KG maybe,I dun want to buy those fixed-weights wan,becos probably I will get used to them after a while,yea,I'm trying to build muscles now flex.gif laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Darkripper
post Nov 2 2010, 04:20 PM

What do you expect?

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 2 2010, 04:12 PM)
Oh,ok,I dun care much about the packaging anyway,long as it serves the purpose  thumbup.gif

So,usually,these metal dumbbells starts with how many KG's?I remember seeing that they start at 10KG,then u add on if u want,that's quite heavy for me,I'm starting at 1KG now only  blush.gif So I want to increase to 3 KG maybe,I dun want to buy those fixed-weights wan,becos probably I will get used to them after a while,yea,I'm trying to build muscles now  flex.gif  laugh.gif
the dumbell i am using, the holder + lock is about 500g-1kg.. i start up with 5kg lol...

Just wanted to get liftup bar install in my home.. but how? i am very scared that it will collapsed.. i'm about 6x-7x kg.
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 2 2010, 04:36 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Darkripper @ Nov 2 2010, 04:20 PM)
the dumbell i am using, the holder + lock is about 500g-1kg.. i start up with 5kg lol...

Just wanted to get liftup bar install in my home.. but how? i am very scared that it will collapsed.. i'm about 6x-7x kg.
Haha,bout ur liftup bar,let the pros answer that smile.gif

Btw,u got any pics of your dumbbell? biggrin.gif Where u bought from?
+Quote Post
SilentSerpent
post Nov 2 2010, 06:23 PM

It sucks to be you

i don't think they rust. they are stainless steel.
my dumbell has been around for more than 5 years and it's still ok.
and yeah, the weights are adjustable.
smile.gif
+Quote Post
tenno
post Nov 2 2010, 07:27 PM

Livestrong

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 2 2010, 04:12 PM)
Oh,ok,I dun care much about the packaging anyway,long as it serves the purpose  thumbup.gif

So,usually,these metal dumbbells starts with how many KG's?I remember seeing that they start at 10KG,then u add on if u want,that's quite heavy for me,I'm starting at 1KG now only  blush.gif So I want to increase to 3 KG maybe,I dun want to buy those fixed-weights wan,becos probably I will get used to them after a while,yea,I'm trying to build muscles now  flex.gif  laugh.gif
Normally it starts at 10kg.

Added on November 2, 2010, 7:29 pm
QUOTE(Darkripper @ Nov 2 2010, 04:20 PM)

I've been using the door frame pull up bar for a while now. I used to weigh like 90+ & now at 83-84kg, no prob with those bars, even the adjustable ones. Just make sure U follow all instructions fixing it.

Added on November 2, 2010, 7:30 pm
QUOTE(SilentSerpent @ Nov 2 2010, 06:23 PM)
i don't think they rust. they are stainless steel.
my dumbell has been around for more than 5 years and it's still ok.
and yeah, the weights are adjustable.
smile.gif
I dun thing they use stainless steel, it would cost a fortune it they did. It's the coating that prevents it from rusting.

This post has been edited by tenno: Nov 2 2010, 07:30 PM
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 2 2010, 08:15 PM

Regular

QUOTE(tenno @ Nov 2 2010, 07:27 PM)
Normally it starts at 10kg.

Added on November 2, 2010, 7:29 pm
I've been using the door frame pull up bar for a while now. I used to weigh like 90+ & now at 83-84kg, no prob with those bars, even the adjustable ones. Just make sure U follow all instructions fixing it.

Added on November 2, 2010, 7:30 pm
I dun thing they use stainless steel, it would cost a fortune it they did. It's the coating that prevents it from rusting.
Oh damn,10 KG?I'm not lifting that heavy yet,now I'm at 2 KG,gonna try 3 or 4 KG,dun want to straight jump to 10 KG,that's bad sad.gif It doesn't start at a lighter weight?Or maybe can change the weight plates to lighter ones?

But the problem about the pullup bar is,my doorway frame seriously have no space to mount it,and I can't drill holes in my wall,so I am wondering if there is any pullup bar which u can just stick to the wall smile.gif
+Quote Post
Darkripper
post Nov 2 2010, 09:16 PM

What do you expect?

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 2 2010, 04:36 PM)
Haha,bout ur liftup bar,let the pros answer that  smile.gif

Btw,u got any pics of your dumbbell?  biggrin.gif Where u bought from?
The picture is exactly same as previously posted 1... the changable 1... i donno where my bro bought lol... he saw me like it, so he just gave it to me

This post has been edited by Darkripper: Nov 2 2010, 09:17 PM
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 2 2010, 09:50 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Darkripper @ Nov 2 2010, 09:16 PM)
The picture is exactly same as previously posted 1... the changable 1... i donno where my bro bought lol... he saw me like it, so he just gave it to me
Oh,good bro u got here thumbup.gif

Do you remember what was the starting weights it came with?
+Quote Post
SilentSerpent
post Nov 2 2010, 10:26 PM

It sucks to be you

oh, im not really sure whether it's stainless steel or coated with something but whatever it is it still haven't rusted yet. biggrin.gif

btw, the 10kg barbell is adjustable.
you don't have to lift all 10kgs.
just use the bar and put a 1kg barbell and you should be fine.
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 2 2010, 10:42 PM

Regular

QUOTE(SilentSerpent @ Nov 2 2010, 10:26 PM)
oh, im not really sure whether it's stainless steel or coated with something but whatever it is it still haven't rusted yet. biggrin.gif

btw, the 10kg barbell is adjustable.
you don't have to lift all 10kgs.
just use the bar and put a 1kg barbell and you should be fine.
Oh,I see,that means the 10kg dumbbell can be reduced to lighter weight?

That's great then thumbup.gif Just what I need smile.gif Then after used to 3KG,slowly increase biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
night
post Nov 2 2010, 11:24 PM

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 2 2010, 10:42 PM)
Oh,I see,that means the 10kg dumbbell can be reduced to lighter weight?

That's great then  thumbup.gif Just what I need  smile.gif Then after used to 3KG,slowly increase  biggrin.gif
As mentioned, you can play around with the weights. The top one is a fully complete set where else the bottom one are the seperated pieces. You can play around from 10kg all the way to 1kg plus plus.
user posted image
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 3 2010, 12:33 AM

Regular

QUOTE(night @ Nov 2 2010, 11:24 PM)
As mentioned, you can play around with the weights. The top one is a fully complete set where else the bottom one are the seperated pieces. You can play around from 10kg all the way to 1kg plus plus.
user posted image
Oh I see,man,I really got to read up on these adjustable dumbbells,I'm new to it smile.gif

So do u think it's ok to get frm hypermarkets like Tesco,Carrefour or get from those fitness stores?Which will be cheaper?
+Quote Post
SilentSerpent
post Nov 3 2010, 02:26 AM

It sucks to be you

hypermarkets would be cheaper definitely.
quality-wise, there's not much difference, especially for beginners and all.
it's the brands that the fitness stores sell that makes it expensive.
now go and buy and show it to us biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
night
post Nov 3 2010, 10:19 AM

QUOTE(SilentSerpent @ Nov 3 2010, 02:26 AM)
Hypermarket brands are not bad at all. I'm using two newly bought weight from Giant. Quality wise is ok. You're paying more for fitness centre mainly due to brand and the rental of shops and shopping mall. And don't forget to buy a pair of glove. I did not buy one and my whole hand blister after 2 month of using dumbell. Some dumbell come with one free glove if you purchase two set. As mentioned, I got mine at Pyramid.
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 3 2010, 11:04 AM

Regular

QUOTE(SilentSerpent @ Nov 3 2010, 02:26 AM)
Oh,haha,ok,then maybe this week I will go buy thumbup.gif

QUOTE(night @ Nov 3 2010, 10:19 AM)
Hypermarket brands are not bad at all. I'm using two newly bought weight from Giant. Quality wise is ok. You're paying more for fitness centre mainly due to brand and the rental of shops and shopping mall. And don't forget to buy a pair of glove. I did not buy one and my whole hand blister after 2 month of using dumbell. Some dumbell come with one free glove if you purchase two set. As mentioned, I got mine at Pyramid.
Is gloves really necessary?I have never used a glove before while using dumbbells laugh.gif
+Quote Post
night
post Nov 3 2010, 11:20 AM

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 3 2010, 11:04 AM)
Oh,haha,ok,then maybe this week I will go buy  thumbup.gif
Is gloves really necessary?I have never used a glove before while using dumbbells  laugh.gif
I first started using glove was when I join the gym as the gym's dumbell had no rubber layer at the grip. That's why blister started to appear. My newly bought dumbell had a rubber grip. It's much better and I had better grip when holding one. You don't have to wear a glove but it is recommended for you to get one.
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 3 2010, 11:32 AM

Regular

QUOTE(night @ Nov 3 2010, 11:20 AM)
I first started using glove was when I join the gym as the gym's dumbell had no rubber layer at the grip. That's why blister started to appear. My newly bought dumbell had a rubber grip. It's much better and I had better grip when holding one. You don't have to wear a glove but it is recommended for you to get one.
Ok,unless I get a pair of dumbbells that have rubber grip right? smile.gif

Actually,usually these 10KG adjustable dumbbells comes with how many types of plates?
+Quote Post
night
post Nov 3 2010, 11:47 AM

[U]
QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 3 2010, 11:32 AM)
Ok,unless I get a pair of dumbbells that have rubber grip right?  smile.gif

Actually,usually these 10KG adjustable dumbbells comes with how many types of plates?
It comes with 6 weight for us to play along per set. It comes with 2 x 2.5kg + 2 x 1.25kg + 2 x 0.5kg. The handle itself do carry some weight so the total would make up to 10kg per set.

+Quote Post
brutalsoul
post Nov 3 2010, 11:55 AM

A goal without a plan is just a wish

yes..the dumbbell is adjustable...btw, how many set usually u do..1 set how many times?
+Quote Post
night
post Nov 3 2010, 11:59 AM

QUOTE(brutalsoul @ Nov 3 2010, 11:55 AM)
yes..the dumbbell is adjustable...btw, how many set usually u do..1 set how many times?
Don't quite understand your question here. You mean how many set can I do with my dumbell?

10kg dumbell I'll do 23 x 5 round. Rest 2 minutes in between. Trying to push myself even harder. Don't compare me with all the pro. They probably can do way more than that bro. I'm still slowly climbing up my way.
+Quote Post
brutalsoul
post Nov 3 2010, 12:01 PM

A goal without a plan is just a wish

QUOTE(night @ Nov 3 2010, 11:59 AM)
Don't quite understand your question here. You mean how many set can I do with my dumbell?

10kg dumbell I'll do 23 x 5 round. Rest 2 minutes in between. Trying to push myself even harder. Don't compare me with all the pro. They probably can do way more than that bro. I'm still slowly climbing up my way.
so, after reaching how many times only u will increase the weight?
+Quote Post
night
post Nov 3 2010, 12:05 PM

QUOTE(brutalsoul @ Nov 3 2010, 12:01 PM)
so, after reaching how many times only u will increase the weight?
Once you arm is comfortable with the current weight. Then you've to slowly increase the weight by 0.5kg or 1kg. Don't want to strain your muscles too much.
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 3 2010, 01:00 PM

Regular

QUOTE(night @ Nov 3 2010, 11:47 AM)
[U]

It comes with 6 weight for us to play along per set. It comes with 2 x 2.5kg + 2 x 1.25kg + 2 x 0.5kg. The handle itself do carry some weight so the total would make up to 10kg per set.
I see,but why are they in decimals?They dun have like exactly 2 KG or 4 KG etc.?Can u mix and match then?Say I want 3 KG,how?

Sorry for noob question laugh.gif
+Quote Post
night
post Nov 3 2010, 01:05 PM

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 3 2010, 01:00 PM)
I see,but why are they in decimals?They dun have like exactly 2 KG or 4 KG etc.?Can u mix and match then?Say I want 3 KG,how?

Sorry for noob question  laugh.gif
They do come with 2kg or 4kg. You’ll have to buy them separately. Recently, I just bought 2 x 2kg weight from Giant. The ones that I gave you came together in a box when I purchase my first set of dumbbell. It is cheaper for you to buy one set that comes in a box and slowly add those weights to your liking.
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 3 2010, 01:21 PM

Regular

QUOTE(night @ Nov 3 2010, 01:05 PM)
They do come with 2kg or 4kg. You’ll have to buy them separately. Recently, I just bought 2 x 2kg weight from Giant. The ones that I gave you came together in a box when I purchase my first set of dumbbell. It is cheaper for you to buy one set that comes in a box and slowly add those weights to your liking.
Oh I get it,so 2x2KG will be 4 KG smile.gif

Yea,better too buy a set and add new weights urself,instead of buying new pairs of fixed-weight dumbbell whenever our muscle used to the old weight laugh.gif
+Quote Post
night
post Nov 3 2010, 02:50 PM

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 3 2010, 01:21 PM)
Oh I get it,so 2x2KG will be 4 KG  smile.gif
Yea,better too buy a set and add new weights urself,instead of buying new pairs of fixed-weight dumbbell whenever our muscle used to the old weight  laugh.gif
2 x 2kg means there's 2 pieces of 2kg weight. 3 x 2kg means there's 3 pieces of 2kg weight. As mentioned earlier. One set of dumbell had 2 x 2.5kg + 2 x 1.25kg + 2 x 0.5kg. Which means it has 2 pieces of 0.5kg, 2 pieces of 1.25kg and 2 pieces of 2.5kg of weight pellets.

A set of dumbell need to have 2 set of each weight to balance one another. Imagine lifting a dumbell with 5kg on one side and another 10kg on the other side. Your dumbell will tend to be heavier on the other side right?

This post has been edited by night: Nov 3 2010, 02:51 PM
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 3 2010, 02:53 PM

Regular

QUOTE(night @ Nov 3 2010, 02:50 PM)
2 x 2kg means there's 2 pieces of 2kg weight. 3 x 2kg means there's 3 pieces of 2kg weight. A set of dumbell need to have 2 set of each weight to balance one another. As mentioned earlier. One set of dumbell had 2 x 2.5kg + 2 x 1.25kg + 2 x 0.5kg. Which means it has 2 pieces of 0.5kg, 2 pieces of 1.25kg and 2 pieces of 2.5kg of weight pellets.

Imagine lifting a dumbell with 5kg on one side and another 10kg on the other side. Your dumbell will tend to be heavier on the other side right?
Yes indeed,so each side must weigh the same of course.

But say I use the 2x1.25kg only,so that will be only 2.5 kg,or do u include the weight of the bar also?So total will be around 3 KG? hmm.gif

+Quote Post
night
post Nov 3 2010, 02:58 PM

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 3 2010, 02:53 PM)
Yes indeed,so each side must weigh the same of course.

But say I use the 2x1.25kg only,so that will be only 2.5 kg,or do u include the weight of the bar also?So total will be around 3 KG?  hmm.gif
The handle bar itself will weight about 0.5kg. And yupp. Total up will weight up to 3kg.
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 3 2010, 03:04 PM

Regular

QUOTE(night @ Nov 3 2010, 02:58 PM)
The handle bar itself will weight about 0.5kg. And yupp. Total up will weight up to 3kg.
Oh ok,that's gud,just the weight I want..btw,does these dumbbells always comes with those same weights u mentioned?Or it depends on the brand?
+Quote Post
night
post Nov 3 2010, 03:11 PM

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 3 2010, 03:04 PM)
Oh ok,that's gud,just the weight I want..btw,does these dumbbells always comes with those same weights u mentioned?Or it depends on the brand?
Different brand will have different set of weights pellets. Some may be the same as the others. All these weight pellets are pretty standard and most brand carries them. You just have to look around.
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 3 2010, 03:18 PM

Regular

QUOTE(night @ Nov 3 2010, 03:11 PM)
Different brand will have different set of weights pellets. Some may be the same as the others. All these weight pellets are pretty standard and most brand carries them. You just have to look around.
Oh,ok,allright,anyway what is the reasonable price for these dumbbells?I need to know,dun wanna get cheated sweat.gif
+Quote Post
night
post Nov 3 2010, 03:24 PM

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 3 2010, 03:18 PM)
Oh,ok,allright,anyway what is the reasonable price for these dumbbells?I need to know,dun wanna get cheated  sweat.gif
Dumbells or weight pellets?

I bought my 10kg dumbell at S. Pyramid that is located at new wing at about RM108. Sorry for the mistake as I thought is RM123. Purchase two set that is totaled at RM216, they gave me a free glove. The brand is known as Maxx. I chose this because this dumbell had a rubber grip at its handle. Different place and brand is priced differently. Giant one is priced at RM99 for 10kg but no rubber coating. You just have to hunt.

This post has been edited by night: Nov 3 2010, 04:11 PM
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 3 2010, 03:29 PM

Regular

QUOTE(night @ Nov 3 2010, 03:24 PM)
Dumbells for weight pellets?

I bought my 10kg dumbell at S. Pyramid that is located at new wing at about RM108. Sorry for the mistake as I thought is RM123. Purchase two set that is totaled at RM216, they gave me a free glove. The brand is known as Maxx. I chose this because this dumbell had a rubber grip at its handle. Different place and brand is priced differently. Giant one is priced at RM99 for 10kg but no rubber coating. You just have to hunt.
Yea,I meant how much these adjustable dumbbells cost smile.gif

Maxx,heard of that brand before thumbup.gif Why you bought 2 sets anyway?For you and ur gf perhaps? brows.gif

Yea,guess I just need to hunt to know the prices,not just sitting down here in front of the computer screen laugh.gif
+Quote Post
night
post Nov 3 2010, 04:12 PM

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 3 2010, 03:29 PM)
Yea,I meant how much these adjustable dumbbells cost  smile.gif

Maxx,heard of that brand before  thumbup.gif Why you bought 2 sets anyway?For you and ur gf perhaps?  brows.gif

Yea,guess I just need to hunt to know the prices,not just sitting down here in front of the computer screen  laugh.gif
2 sets means that I purchase 2 dumbell. One for my right hand and the other for my left hand lar.
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 3 2010, 04:19 PM

Regular

QUOTE(night @ Nov 3 2010, 04:12 PM)
2 sets means that I purchase 2 dumbell. One for my right hand and the other for my left hand lar.
Oh shiet doh.gif All this while I thought that 1 set means 2 dumbbells in the box doh.gif

Damn,this means that if I wanna buy 2 dumbbells,which I usually do,I would need to fork out about Rm200+ yawn.gif
+Quote Post
night
post Nov 3 2010, 05:00 PM

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 3 2010, 04:19 PM)
Oh shiet  doh.gif All this while I thought that 1 set means 2 dumbbells in the box  doh.gif

Damn,this means that if I wanna buy 2 dumbbells,which I usually do,I would need to fork out about Rm200+  yawn.gif
Yupp! RM108 for one set. I buy 2 set and it cost me RM216. Purchasing a dumbell is not like purchasing a socks or a shoe which come in pairs. People may only need 1 set of dumbell to do their workout, so they have the flexibility to choose to either purchase 1 set or 2 set.
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 3 2010, 06:24 PM

Regular

QUOTE(night @ Nov 3 2010, 05:00 PM)
Yupp! RM108 for one set. I buy 2 set and it cost me RM216. Purchasing a dumbell is not like purchasing a socks or a shoe which come in pairs. People may only need 1 set of dumbell to do their workout, so they have the flexibility to choose to either purchase 1 set or 2 set.
Nah,for me I think I prefer two dumbbells

Damn doh.gif Now I need to recalculate,hope can find cheaper dumbbells at Carrefour or Tesco..I remember that they used to sell two in a box but those are fixed-weight plastic dumbbells laugh.gif
+Quote Post
night
post Nov 3 2010, 07:42 PM

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 3 2010, 06:24 PM)
Nah,for me I think I prefer two dumbbells

Damn  doh.gif Now I need to recalculate,hope can find cheaper dumbbells at Carrefour or Tesco..I remember that they used to sell two in a box but those are fixed-weight plastic dumbbells  laugh.gif
I've yet to see any fitness centre or shop that is selling two metal dumbell in a box. If you can find, then probably you can get them cheaper. Happy hunting bro. Keep us updated.
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 3 2010, 10:01 PM

Regular

QUOTE(night @ Nov 3 2010, 07:42 PM)
I've yet to see any fitness centre or shop that is selling two metal dumbell in a box. If you can find, then probably you can get them cheaper. Happy hunting bro. Keep us updated.
Ok,sure thing man thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
haroldz123
post Nov 5 2010, 12:55 AM

On my way

do free weight / bodyweight workout
save money on dumbell

or get that portable pull up bar
+Quote Post
hazwan the bigger
post Nov 5 2010, 06:27 AM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(night @ Nov 3 2010, 12:59 PM)

erkk.. bro better you increase your dumbell weight at all.. 10kg you can do for 23x.. im suggest you best weight is the weight that you can make only limit for 8-15 times.. and i prefer 10times is enough.. rest 60-120sec and make 10-15 reps..if you are feeling a bit harder at last.. slowly reduce the weight.. enjoy your workout dude.. tongue.gif
+Quote Post
woonyoung91
post Nov 5 2010, 10:58 PM

Getting Started

Hi guys, new to the health & fitness forum =)! & body building
Anyway i had been reading on some articles, the dumbbell rep should be around 6-8 times.
And if ur able to do more add more weights. 23 seems O.O!
Guyys i have a few questions :
1) Where to get 2nd hand dumbbells
2) Where to get weight plates for trojan(brand). looking for 5kg.
3) Should i buy a pullup bar? from this thread P90x Multipurpose Bar Its more pricey compared to the local 1
we can get at fitness concept ...
Would there be any advantage if i buy the p90x bar or from fitness concept?
4) do i need to be a adjustable bench. for using the dumbbells. If yes, any recommended shops ? cheap =P!
5) Are barbells needed? or dumbbell is enough

Aligato !! XD sorry for all the questions. Thx to sifu that is willing to answer me.,
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 6 2010, 02:53 PM

Regular

QUOTE(woonyoung91 @ Nov 5 2010, 10:58 PM)
Anyway i had been reading on some articles, the dumbbell rep should be around 6-8 times.
Guyys i have a few questions :
1) Where to get 2nd hand dumbbells
3) Should i buy a pullup bar? from this thread P90x Multipurpose Bar Its more pricey compared to the local 1
4) do i need to be a adjustable bench. for using the dumbbells. If yes, any recommended shops ? cheap =P!

Aligato !! XD sorry for all the questions. Thx to sifu that is willing to answer me.,
Aha,bro,some of those questions also I wanted to ask smile.gif

Btw,u mentioned that u wanted weight plates for Trojan,did u get that brand from Giant hypermarkets?

And,does Fitness Concept sell pullup bars too?How much are they? smile.gif
+Quote Post
tenno
post Nov 6 2010, 08:13 PM

Livestrong

QUOTE(woonyoung91 @ Nov 5 2010, 10:58 PM)
Brand doesn't matter. All that matters is the size. Most weight plates at hypermarkets & fitness stores are for the 1" bar variety. As long as it fits 1" bar, U can just buy anything. Olympic size weights are pretty rare, except for in gyms.

Those pull-up bars sold at Fitness Concept & the ones sold at the Trade Zone are pretty much the same, except for one thing : The P90x allows U to hang the bars even if U dun have a wide enuff door frame. The ones from Fitness Concept only works with door frames.

Rather than waste money & space buying low quality benches from hypermarkets, why not get a gymball instead ? U can do just about all bench positions with a gymball, except decline. It's much, much cheaper (a good 75 cm ball costs about RM80) & it works Ur core as well.

Dumbbells are better that they work Ur body parts independently. It's great to rectify any imbalances U might have in Ur arms, biceps, triceps, etc. But there will be time when U will probably outgrow Ur dumbbells. Then U can just purchase the bar & use all the weights U've accumulated from using dumbbells.
+Quote Post
hazwan the bigger
post Nov 6 2010, 11:53 PM

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 6 2010, 03:53 PM)
Aha,bro,some of those questions also I wanted to ask  smile.gif

Btw,u mentioned that u wanted weight plates for Trojan,did u get that brand from Giant hypermarkets?

And,does Fitness Concept sell pullup bars too?How much are they?  smile.gif
http://www.fitnessconcept.com.my/shop/inde...products_id=283 check it out.. at fitness rm79.90.. hahaa.. wasting rm200 laa..
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 11 2010, 05:23 PM

Regular

Hey guys,I already got a new pair of dumbbells,5KG,fixed weight,not the adjustable one biggrin.gif

What exercises do u recommend me to do with it?Any websites u guys can suggest that shows the name and how to do it?
+Quote Post
night
post Nov 11 2010, 10:20 PM

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 11 2010, 05:23 PM)
Hey guys,I already got a new pair of dumbbells,5KG,fixed weight,not the adjustable one  biggrin.gif

What exercises do u recommend me to do with it?Any websites u guys can suggest that shows the name and how to do it?
This one should be good. Last time I came across a website that comes with animated pictures of the type of dumbell workout. Can't seem to find them already.

Just play along with it and get creative with your dumbell. You can do wonders with it. My next step is getting a chin bar. In the mid of creating my own mini gym.
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 12 2010, 10:45 AM

Regular

QUOTE(night @ Nov 11 2010, 10:20 PM)
This one should be good. Last time I came across a website that comes with animated pictures of the type of dumbell workout. Can't seem to find them already.

Just play along with it and get creative with your dumbell. You can do wonders with it. My next step is getting a chin bar. In the mid of creating my own mini gym.
Haha thanks,my this 5KG dumbbell is a plastic one though,but as long as it's 5KG,it's gud thumbup.gif

I think I will just search in Google for the type of workout I can do with the dumbbells.. biggrin.gif

And I don't think I can get a chin up bar for myself though,cos I'm not allowed to stuck it in my doorway sweat.gif
+Quote Post
kapla
post Nov 12 2010, 02:06 PM

Then you should find a resistance band, can replace the pullup workout. Better than nothing. Plus 5kg of dumbell is not enough to train your back muscle.

You can have a big arm, a broad pec but with a lousy back will drive you nowhere..
+Quote Post
VinluV
post Nov 12 2010, 02:19 PM

(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 11 2010, 05:23 PM)
Hey guys,I already got a new pair of dumbbells,5KG,fixed weight,not the adjustable one  biggrin.gif

you can check out forum.bodybuilding.com

for a simple workout i recommend from here

A Simple beginner's Routine
You will do 3 work outs per week on non consecutive days. The first work out is your heavy work out. The second work out is your medium work out, use 10% less weight for your work sets. The final work out for the week is your lite work out, use 20% less weight.

Do a lite warm up with 1/4 of your work sets weight. Do a medium warm up with 1/2 of your work sets weight. Do 2 work sets with the same weight. Choose a starting weight and start light.

These are the seven exercises you will be starting with.

Squats
Bench Presses
Bent-Over Rows
Overhead Barbell Presses
Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
Calf Raises
Barbell Curls

You will be running this program on a five week cycle as follows:
The first week do all 4 sets for 8 reps.
The second week do all 4 sets for 9 reps.
The third week do all 4 sets for 10 reps.
The fourth week do all 4 sets for 11 reps.
The fifth week do all 4 sets for 12 reps.
If you got all of the required reps on the fifth week then increase the weight by 10% and

repeat the cycle. If you didn't get all of the reps on the fifth week then repeat the cycle with the same weight. You shouldn't need more than one minute rest between the warm up sets and you shouldn't need more than one minute thirty seconds between the work sets.
Do some cardio and abs work on non weight training days.

Monday,Wednesday,and Fridays:Push-ups,weightlifting,and steady-state cardio(jogging)

Tuesday,Thursday,and Saturday:HIIT Training

+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 12 2010, 03:13 PM

Regular

QUOTE(VinluV @ Nov 12 2010, 02:19 PM)
you can check out forum.bodybuilding.com

for a simple workout i recommend from here
Thanks very much smile.gif

Btw,that plan u quote,did u add the Monday,Wed,Fri and Tues and Thurs plan by urself? laugh.gif
+Quote Post
VinluV
post Nov 12 2010, 04:23 PM

(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 12 2010, 03:13 PM)
Thanks very much  smile.gif

Btw,that plan u quote,did u add the Monday,Wed,Fri and Tues and Thurs plan by urself?  laugh.gif
its a workout for starters i do, just to share with you guys.
it was also from the bodybuilding forum.
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 12 2010, 04:29 PM

Regular

QUOTE(VinluV @ Nov 12 2010, 04:23 PM)
its a workout for starters i do, just to share with you guys.
it was also from the bodybuilding forum.
Oh I see,cos that's EXACTLY what I do too lol!

Mon,Wed,Fri pushups,dumbbells,crunches and jogging

Tuesday and Thursday HIIT

thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
night
post Nov 12 2010, 04:53 PM

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 12 2010, 10:45 AM)
Haha thanks,my this 5KG dumbbell is a plastic one though,but as long as it's 5KG,it's gud  thumbup.gif

I think I will just search in Google for the type of workout I can do with the dumbbells.. biggrin.gif

And I don't think I can get a chin up bar for myself though,cos I'm not allowed to stuck it in my doorway  sweat.gif
Trust me. Just give it a few month and you'll be asking for more weights. Nevertheless, a plastic one is a good start for beginners.
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 12 2010, 05:56 PM

Regular

QUOTE(night @ Nov 12 2010, 04:53 PM)
Trust me. Just give it a few month and you'll be asking for more weights. Nevertheless, a plastic one is a good start for beginners.
Oh yea my first ever dumbbell was a 1KG fixed weight wan thumbup.gif

But I think the next time that I wan more weights,I will just get a adjustable one next time biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
night
post Nov 12 2010, 08:15 PM

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 12 2010, 05:56 PM)
Oh yea my first ever dumbbell was a 1KG fixed weight wan  thumbup.gif

But I think the next time that I wan more weights,I will just get a adjustable one next time  biggrin.gif
I would rather buy an adjustable dumbell from the beginning and play around with the weight pellets to my liking. It will be costly in the long run if I were to buy those fixed dumbell seperately. Anyway bro, keep it up.
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 12 2010, 08:38 PM

Regular

QUOTE(kapla @ Nov 12 2010, 02:06 PM)
Then you should find a resistance band, can replace the pullup workout. Better than nothing. Plus 5kg of dumbell is not enough to train your back muscle.

You can have a big arm, a broad pec but with a lousy back will drive you nowhere..
Resistence band?What does that do?

QUOTE(night @ Nov 12 2010, 08:15 PM)
I would rather buy an adjustable dumbell from the beginning and play around with the weight pellets to my liking. It will be costly in the long run if I were to buy those fixed dumbell seperately. Anyway bro, keep it up.
Haha cos this dumbbell was 2nd hand la,so it was quite cheap thumbup.gif

Next time I will get those adjustable ones,it's like an investment right?Saves u money in the long term..Rather than keep on buying new fixed-weight dumbbells smile.gif
+Quote Post
night
post Nov 12 2010, 09:04 PM

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 12 2010, 08:38 PM)
Resistence band?What does that do?
Something like this bro. I am considering this as well instead of getting a chin bar

user posted image
+Quote Post
kapla
post Nov 13 2010, 01:21 AM

Resistance Band can do so much things on different muscle parts of your body. But the thing is you need a routine to train your back muscle. Without pullup bar, you can replace it with a resistance band. No damage will be done on the door.

better than nothing bro
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 13 2010, 02:35 PM

Regular

QUOTE(night @ Nov 12 2010, 09:04 PM)
Something like this bro. I am considering this as well instead of getting a chin bar

user posted image
Oh I see,thanks for the pic smile.gif

QUOTE(kapla @ Nov 13 2010, 01:21 AM)
Resistance Band can do so much things on different muscle parts of your body. But the thing is you need a routine to train your back muscle. Without pullup bar, you can replace it with a resistance band. No damage will be done on the door.

better than nothing bro
I see,but what do u mean by 'need a routine to train back muscle'?And do this resistance band train the same muscles as pullups?
+Quote Post
night
post Nov 15 2010, 11:54 AM

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 13 2010, 02:35 PM)
Oh I see,thanks for the pic  smile.gif
This will be a better option if you're not willing to drill a hole or you're afraid of damaging your door. Anyone had any idea how much this band will cost. Haven't started looking yet but am seriously considering it.
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 15 2010, 12:19 PM

Regular

QUOTE(night @ Nov 15 2010, 11:54 AM)
This will be a better option if you're not willing to drill a hole or you're afraid of damaging your door. Anyone had any idea how much this band will cost. Haven't started looking yet but am seriously considering it.
Yea me too,does it train the same muscles as pullups?
+Quote Post
night
post Nov 15 2010, 01:44 PM

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 15 2010, 12:19 PM)
Yea me too,does it train the same muscles as pullups?
They should train the same group of muscles as pullups. You must always remember that you can get creative with a resistant band. Instead of working out from down, you can always place the band on the ceiling via a hook. I truly believe diffrent form of workout will target on different group muscles. This is how we can save cost of purchasing one item that allows us to target as many group muscles as possible. Correct me if I'm wrong bro.
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 15 2010, 03:25 PM

Regular

QUOTE(night @ Nov 15 2010, 01:44 PM)
They should train the same group of muscles as pullups. You must always remember that you can get creative with a resistant band. Instead of working out from down, you can always place the band on the ceiling via a hook. I truly believe diffrent form of workout will target on different group muscles. This is how we can save cost of purchasing one item that allows us to target as many group muscles as possible. Correct me if I'm wrong bro.
I think you are right smile.gif

Btw,I found a website where they got illustrate all the dumbbell exercises possible:Dumbbell Exercises
+Quote Post
night
post Nov 15 2010, 05:37 PM

QUOTE(bigbangformula @ Nov 15 2010, 03:25 PM)
I think you are right  smile.gif

Btw,I found a website where they got illustrate all the dumbbell exercises possible:Dumbbell Exercises
This website is good as well. The illustration will further help you to understand how these workouts are carry out.
+Quote Post
bigbangformula
post Nov 16 2010, 05:36 PM

Regular

QUOTE(night @ Nov 15 2010, 05:37 PM)
This website is good as well. The illustration will further help you to understand how these workouts are carry out.
Yea,perfect website where it illustrates with animated diagrams too smile.gif
+Quote Post
ciohbu
post Nov 20 2010, 05:55 PM

any idea where i can get some tools for sit up ? last time i went gym and they got this chair for sit up, but i plan to do it at home
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1161sec    1.49    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 02:14 AM