Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Breastfeeding Support Group, may u b bless wif abundance of supply~!!

views

AjiAjo
post Jan 28 2015, 07:21 PM

Getting Started
125 posts

QUOTE(vandoren @ Jan 28 2015, 02:09 PM)
Hi, I didn't attend any class.
I join the TBAN (the breastfeeding advocates network), a facebook group open by Gina. I learn there. You may join this group and learn some knowledge before decide to join any classes smile.gif
Thank you vandoren.
psychicd
post Jan 30 2015, 04:40 PM

Getting Started
105 posts

my wife breast milk already decreased in freezer..she's trying hard to catch up with the stock with breast pump..my son now drink up to 5oz X 4 everyday..at night she can BF our son..next week might need to buy powdered milk..
vandoren
post Feb 2 2015, 09:34 AM

Casual
488 posts

QUOTE(psychicd @ Jan 30 2015, 04:40 PM)
my wife breast milk already decreased in freezer..she's trying hard to catch up with the stock with breast pump..my son now drink up to 5oz X 4 everyday..at night she can BF our son..next week might need to buy powdered milk..
how old is your son?
if your wife have free time, she may try power pumping every time after feed the little one...
she can do it like after feed, rest 10 minutes, pump 10 minutes, rest another 10 minutes... continue the cycle for 1 hour and stop... there's other power pumping method, you may search online and find one suit your wife.
psychicd
post Feb 2 2015, 11:56 AM

Getting Started
105 posts

QUOTE(vandoren @ Feb 2 2015, 09:34 AM)
how old is your son?
if your wife have free time, she may try power pumping every time after feed the little one...
she can do it like after feed, rest 10 minutes, pump 10 minutes, rest another 10 minutes... continue the cycle for 1 hour and stop... there's other power pumping method, you may search online and find one suit your wife.
my son already 1y3m..since my wife's working..she had very limit time to pump..she's working as Cust Serv..so it's very hard to pump at her table while customer at front..she can get at least 9-10oz per day with 3 times pumping session..i think she do know about the power pumping..later i'll try ask her..
vandoren
post Feb 2 2015, 12:56 PM

Casual
488 posts

QUOTE(psychicd @ Feb 2 2015, 11:56 AM)
my son already 1y3m..since my wife's working..she had very limit time to pump..she's working as Cust Serv..so it's very hard to pump at her table while customer at front..she can get at least 9-10oz per day with 3 times pumping session..i think she do know about the power pumping..later i'll try ask her..
Recently there's one hot item called "Freemie", you can google online to find out what is it smile.gif
I think if you willing to invest some money on this, it will be very useful for your wife, she can pump in front of the customer.
My relative is using it during happily, she can pump and meeting at the same time.

suadrifhailaways
post Apr 28 2015, 03:57 PM

35 posts

freemie good for working mother, like my wife. she use spectra M1 with freemie.
Sorry if in wrong thread, i would like to buy freezer for my wife to store the EBM. Anyone from this LYN Breastfeeding Support Group would like to sell their used freezer?
feralee
post Jul 8 2015, 03:17 PM

Enthusiastic (R)(C)(tm)
4,889 posts

Hi

My wife is stopping BF.

She bought bromocriptin richter to eat.

Now breast pain.

Any suggestion to reduce the pain?

Snoopie
post Jul 11 2015, 08:10 PM

b|ack bεauтy
693 posts

new born baby duwan to drink direct from breast. My wife need to pump into the bottle and give the baby drink. Any ways on how to make the baby latch the mother's nipple directly?
powdersnow
post Jul 13 2015, 01:22 PM

39 posts

QUOTE(Snoopie @ Jul 11 2015, 08:10 PM)
new born baby duwan to drink direct from breast. My wife need to pump into the bottle and give the baby drink. Any ways on how to make the baby latch the mother's nipple directly?
Nipple confusion. When newborn given bottle teat, they have 'forgotten' how to suckle from breast and is impatient to wait for milk let down compared to easy flow of bottle teat.

The way they suckle from breast is different from bottle. While direct latch, the tongue covers the lower gums and lower lips creating a vacuum suction with jaw action. Quick suckling to stimulate for milk let down followed by long suckles.

For bottle teat, he has learnt to use his tongue to block the fast flow, and will not position it to cover his lower lip and gums.

The way to go around this, is to be very patient. It took me 3 days to overcome it (yes he was crying for 3 days straight). First stop bottle feeding completely, bcos once he has gotten used to the easy flow from bottle, he will no longer be patient to suckle for milk let down at breast.

Wash and use ur clean little finger and let him suckle on it (like a pacifier), once he does so, quickly let him latch on. If he doesn't want to, try another time. Crying is okay, he is just very mad he needs to work for milk again.

If he refuses, I had success w medela calma bottle. The teat is special. My LO rejected it first day (he saw the milk but didn't know how to get it out), but after tat I placed abt 1oz in it, let him sip abt 3 sips, quickly remove bottle and let him latch on. Now successfully DL and bf for 8mths and counting.

Try other nursing positions, like him nursing sitting upright supported on ur lap.

Remember he might be crying bcos he might be full (1oz per hr is general rule) from his last feed, he wants to sleep not nurse (newborn is sleep n nurse only), he is impatient for milk let down (breast compressions may help).

repusez
post Jan 12 2016, 11:08 AM

On my way
669 posts

anyone interested to buy L size medela breastshield for medela freestyle, bought one set extra for wife but she find it not suitable. PM if interested
LiMcZ
post Feb 24 2016, 10:25 AM

Casual
454 posts

Hi, my 1st son just born yesterday and me and my wife decided for full bf

But i think my wife not having enought breast milk as baby will keep crying and suck for a long time around one hour

Another thing i notice ,as what i heard baby needs every two hours feeding,
But my son after feeding will sleep nicely for 3-4 hours and yesterday night for 5 hours he hvnt waken up

Should i wake him up to feed him or should i leave him to be like that.

Thanks for all the advice from the forum

Bf really no easy job as my wife went thru c-sec ,needed bed rest and mostly i doing all the work

This post has been edited by LiMcZ: Feb 24 2016, 11:15 AM
craftsnknots
post Feb 25 2016, 10:28 AM

On my way
577 posts

QUOTE(LiMcZ @ Feb 24 2016, 11:25 AM)
Hi, my 1st son just born yesterday and me and my wife decided for full bf

But i think my wife not having enought breast milk as baby will keep crying and suck for a long time around one hour

Another thing i notice ,as what i heard baby needs every two hours feeding,
But my son after feeding will sleep nicely for 3-4 hours and yesterday night for 5 hours he hvnt waken up

Should i wake him up to feed him or should i leave him to be like that.

Thanks for all the advice from the forum

Bf really no easy job as my wife went thru c-sec ,needed bed rest and mostly i doing all the work
Milk may come later even up to 3rd or 4th day so dont worry, the important thing is to let baby latch as the latchingand baby's saliva will trigger milk production..if baby doesn't wake up to feed, make sure she pumps to stimulate production. baby at this stage has very very very small stomach and may sleep a little longer..but watch for cues like mouth opening, head turning and stirring in sleep...sometimes baby doesnt cry for milk but only move/stir/wiggle..that is a sign that he needs to be fed, pick baby up to latch..dont wait till baby cries
LiMcZ
post Feb 26 2016, 11:46 AM

Casual
454 posts

QUOTE(craftsnknots @ Feb 25 2016, 10:28 AM)
Milk may come later even up to 3rd or 4th day so dont worry, the important thing is to let baby latch as the latchingand baby's saliva will trigger milk production..if baby doesn't wake up to feed, make sure she pumps to stimulate production. baby at this stage has very very very small stomach and may sleep a little longer..but watch for cues like mouth opening, head turning and stirring in sleep...sometimes baby doesnt cry for milk but only move/stir/wiggle..that is a sign that he needs to be fed, pick baby up to latch..dont wait till baby cries
very sad news , my baby gonna admitted for jaundice ,
most likely in hospital he will be fed formula milk , may i know will it affect later bf after discharged ??

thanks for the help
prettidolly
post Feb 27 2016, 12:19 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(LiMcZ @ Feb 26 2016, 11:46 AM)
very sad news , my baby gonna admitted for jaundice ,
most likely in hospital he will be fed formula milk , may i know will it affect later bf after discharged ??

thanks for the help
Don't worry. My baby also admitted to hospital due to jaundice (5 day old). I delivered my expressed milk and breastfeed her in the hospital. Nurse will supplement formula milk if not enough. Keep pumping to stimulate milk production. May your wife be blessed with abundant of milk! biggrin.gif
temmyoi
post Mar 2 2016, 02:38 PM

Getting Started
290 posts

Anyone know where can get donated bm around Klang Valley?
repusez
post Oct 7 2016, 04:38 PM

On my way
669 posts

anyone know where in Klang valley can donate breast milk or anyone needs it for their baby?
vivianng89
post Oct 17 2016, 01:32 PM

17 posts

QUOTE(repusez @ Oct 7 2016, 04:38 PM)
anyone know where in Klang valley can donate breast milk or anyone needs it for their baby?
You can post it in the FB group - Breastmilk Donation Community Malaysia.
Informationiac
post Feb 28 2017, 05:49 PM

Getting Started
147 posts

Greetings, I found that most breastfeeding seminar and so called talk always discourage and seems like "anti-ing" marketed baby products, especially on formulas, pacifiers and bottles.

I am tired of hearing all this bullshit, I had attended 4 different classes and consultations as well as person to person talk. I believe in BF but not to the extend of backstabbing companies who produces stuff for babies.

I even seen people speakers said giving breast milk makes baby more intelligent, sacarsmly telling you giving formula makes baby stupid?

Girls, if you like to listen to those talks, listen with logical thinking. There are always circumstances that you will need contingency source of food for your babies temporary if you cannot produce enough IN TIME.

this is the most recent news, READ. and for the Breast feed groups that want to report me after reading this, go ahead.

Source: If I Had Given Him Just One Bottle, He Would Still Be Alive.

MR.SQUIGGLES
post Aug 2 2017, 10:02 AM

21 posts

Hi my LO is 21 days old now n ever since she's born I've been BF her (only gave her FM once due to my low milk supply & this causes very frequent BF, about every 1 hour). I've tried papaya fish soup, horlicks, fish, veggies, use hot towel n massage while squeezing out milk, I realized my right breast is producing more milk as compared to my left. Is this normal? And also is it necessary to pump if I work from home (my baby direct latch on ever since i BF her)..
Kain_Sicilian
post Mar 14 2018, 09:39 AM

Not So Friendly
844 posts

Just to share some interesting information on breastfeeding

https://dosinghealth.com/2018/03/13/infogra...-breastfeeding/

103 Pages « < 100 101 102 103 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0192sec    0.46    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:46 PM