Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Price for delivering baby

views

pre.ab P
post Mar 18 2022, 09:16 AM

Probation
8 posts

QUOTE(shinchan99 @ Jul 16 2020, 12:00 PM)
My wife just got discharged yesterday. Below are the damage for reference:

Hospital : Sunway Medical Velocity
Doctor : Dr Eee Ching Woo
Delivery method : Lower caesar
Room type : Single bedded room
Total bill for mother : $7000
Total bill for baby : $1000

I took their planned caesar package which is having 30% discount at this moment. Overall very satisfied with everything smile.gif
Hi I am planning to take elective caesarean package at Sunway Medical Centre or Sunway Velocity. Budget about RM10k-12k, hoping that should suffice. Would you mind sharing your itemised bill pls?
pre.ab P
post Mar 18 2022, 09:21 AM

Probation
8 posts

Hi everybody, wondering if anyone can share latest experience taking elective caesarean package at either Sunway Medical Centre, Sunway City OR Sunway Velocity? Their packages show different discount which is 25% (Sunway City) and 30% (Sunway Velocity) respectively. Sunway City include baby vaccine and hearing test and Velocity just get 10% discount on baby immunisation. So wondering if any big difference in cost between the two. Would be so grateful if anyone can share their experience! Very anxious as a first time mom. Thanks in advance.

https://pictr.com/images/2022/03/18/BCwyJO.md.jpg
https://pictr.com/images/2022/03/18/BCwXYr.md.jpg
pre.ab P
post Mar 18 2022, 09:23 AM

Probation
8 posts

Hi everybody, wondering if anyone can share latest experience taking elective caesarean package at either Sunway Medical Centre, Sunway City OR Sunway Velocity? Their packages show different discount which is 25% (Sunway City) and 30% (Sunway Velocity) respectively. Sunway City include baby vaccine and hearing test and Velocity just get 10% discount on baby immunisation. So wondering if any big difference in cost between the two. Would be so grateful if anyone can share their experience! Very anxious as a first time mom. Thanks in advance.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
pre.ab P
post Mar 22 2022, 07:38 PM

Probation
8 posts

QUOTE(shinchan99 @ Mar 22 2022, 03:30 PM)
I remember mine @ velocity is inclusive of first vaccine.. I would personally choose velocity as their hospital are much newer for the same room package..
Thank you so much for this information! Truly grateful.
pre.ab P
post Mar 22 2022, 07:41 PM

Probation
8 posts

QUOTE(Lahaha @ Mar 22 2022, 04:35 PM)
My wife gave birth at Sunway Velo before Christmas in 2021. Standard procedure without any emergency extras, it was around 11-12k for both mommy and baby.

My wife wanted Dr Chuah Bee Poh who is only at Sunway Velo, so that was our choice. My wife wants to do c-sec and the Dr did try to recommend natural birth when my wife wanted to make the appointment for c-sec but however, my baby's position was upright position, so natural birth was not an option.

Everything was good, I accompanied my wife into the operating theatre. Everyone was very professional and my wife was in a good hands and she was given the confidence that she is in good hands. Took around 15mins and my son is out. Post-delivery, service was also very good.

My only complaint is they don't have enough VIP (single rooms). Started off sharing room with someone until later in the evening before we got our own room.
The foldable chair/bed is difficult to sleep on and I asked for their most premium room, the sofa bed is also not the most comfortable but will have to make do.

The invoice that I paid was also inclusive of the 30% discount.

Don't worry, everything is going to be fine.
Thanks so much for this. I called the hospital and asked for a room with a sofa bed and they said the deluxe room is not included for the 30% discount. Which type of room did you choose please, was it the premier suite? And was it entitled for the 30% discount? If the bill was 12k inclusive of that room I may choose that too.
pre.ab P
post Mar 25 2022, 02:31 AM

Probation
8 posts

QUOTE(Lahaha @ Mar 24 2022, 11:38 PM)
It is written as Single Deluxe room on my invoice. I slept on a two-seater sofa (uncomfortable though). Yes, I did enjoy 30% off. However the room was 378/night and we stayed for two nights. So the 30% saving on the room was only a saving of RM226. So it is not going to blow your budget.

The moment checked in, pay a deposit of RM5,000.
Upon checking out, settle the remaining portion for mummy, RM4,290 and for baby RM1,691. Total of RM10,981

Hope you have a safe and smooth delivery, wherever you choose for your delivery. Cheers.
You are honestly so amazing for taking the time to check! I really appreciate this. I will definitely take the Single Deluxe. Although uncomfortable, I’m sure it’s an improvement to the reclining chair. Haha. If husband is going to have sleepless nights helping me care for baby, might as well give him a sofa (albeit uncomfortable). And thank you very much, looks like we will go to Sunway Velocity after all (being a newer hospital).
pre.ab P
post Mar 28 2022, 06:26 PM

Probation
8 posts

QUOTE(Lahaha @ Mar 25 2022, 09:37 AM)
Yes, I would suggest you opt for the single deluxe right away and hopefully you get a room immediately as you checked in. It is very nice of you to consider his well-being and sleep quality. 

When I checked in we had to use the twin sharing room because all the private rooms were unavailable. Then we moved into the single room (with reclining chair), I was thinking, ah just tough it out man. Nope. Then we moved to the single deluxe. The nurses were more than helpful to assist.

Yes, I would recommend Sunway Velocity Medical albeit it being quite some distance from where I stayed. Good thing about planned c-sec is that it is earlier than your actual due date.

I cannot imagine (especially being a first time dad) having to rush and drive 35-40mins when my wife is in labor/having contractions. Planned c-sec, we could still have the meal she wants the night before as we prep to check in the next morning.
Yes, I am definitely taking your advice and asking for the single deluxe right away! And for sure, as first-time parents I want us both to be as comfortable as possible so we can focus on enjoying little bub.

And distance wise, we’re on the same boat as you. I live just 10 minutes away from Sunway Medical Center in Sunway City so Cheras is quite a distance away. Good thing this is a planned c-sec too so we have enough time to drive down leisurely, plan everything out instead of rushing whilst in labour last minute! Haha. Oh, the perks.

How long before her actual due date was her surgery?
pre.ab P
post Apr 10 2022, 05:09 PM

Probation
8 posts

QUOTE(Lahaha @ Mar 31 2022, 04:05 PM)
I was prideful in thinking I could rough one out on some chair for a night or two, until I realised, hey.... these two nights could be the only ones I am going to be able to get some good rest until we have to start taking care of our little bub.

Her EDD was 31st Dec - 1st Jan but we planned for 23rd Dec for the planned c-sec. Avoiding major holidays (eves), haha.
Makes total sense, you guys made the right call switching!

That’s awesome, perfect timing to get little one out. Haha. My due date is on the 18th August so most probably a week prior so I don’t naturally go into labour and get classified as an emergency hahah!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0348sec    0.54    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:11 PM