Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Price for delivering baby

views

fookie
post Apr 29 2020, 08:22 PM

What?
611 posts

QUOTE(shinchan99 @ Apr 27 2020, 05:17 PM)
Hi all,
Need anyone with experience here to share how much can my total bill add up if I were to go Sunway Medical for caesar? This is their current promotion but excluding doctors fee, med, lab..
Greetings from Sunway Medical Centre Velocity.

Kindly refer to our Planned Caesarean package with a 30% discount on Hospital Charges, which is inclusive for both Mommy and Baby's bill. The discounted hospital charges are estimated at  RM3000 to RM6000. Additional benefit is Out-of-Office hour delivery and parents whom wish to have a Horoscope Baby will enjoy this package very well too.

And the participating O&G consultants are as follow:
Dr Chuah Bee Poh
Dr Eee Ching Woo
Dr Timothy Lee Chi Ren
Dr Wong Yen Shi
Dr Janani Sivanathan
Dr Ng Sau Yee
Dr Tan Ee Ping
Besides that, our Planned Caesarean package promotion is valid until 31 December 2020 and kindly make an appointment with our Obstetrics & Gynecology Consultant by calling to our general line as following 03-97729191 or else you may view their details in our website as following https://www.sunwaymedical.com/velocity/find-a-doctor/

There is no requirement for pre-booking.

Thank you.
My wife just gave birth 2 weeks ago in SMCV. Natural birth + epidural + vacuum + 3 nights stay. Total damage 7k+.

Before this one of the staff there mentioned to us if no complication etc, planned c-sec should cost around 12k inclusive of 2 nights stay. so 12k - 30% should be about RM8k or so. Midnight or pre-dawn should have extra charges. Not too sure how much are the extra charges.
fookie
post Apr 29 2020, 11:08 PM

What?
611 posts

QUOTE(shinchan99 @ Apr 29 2020, 10:32 PM)
hi.. many thanks for your advise... how's your experience so far at that hospital? which doctor did you choose?
My wife has been seeing Dr Chuah Bee Poh since his Tung Shin days. When is your baby due?

Experience wise, I can't comment much as I don't know other hospital's standards. I've never been hospitalized nor I've visited a lot of people in Hospital. But the nurses are very friendly and attentive. Nurses will roll your baby to your room whenever you want to see your baby and will wake the mother up every couple of hours to check on her condition and reminder to eat her meds.
fookie
post Apr 30 2020, 12:19 AM

What?
611 posts

QUOTE(shinchan99 @ Apr 29 2020, 11:39 PM)
Due in Mid july.. My FPP got cancelled temporary due to the Covid19 hence looking for alternatives now.. Cost is very worrying considering the economy and uncertainty.. My first one was from Hp Putrajaya under FPP as well and had good experience over there.. Thanks for sharing
If you were to choose Dr Chuah as your gynae, I'd suggest you to book your wife's check up appointment asap. Last I've checked, he's full till end of May. If you're unable to get on the appointment list, you'd have to walk-in and wait till he finishes that day's appointment.

QUOTE(shinchan99 @ Apr 29 2020, 11:42 PM)
Just wondering which part of the itemized bill will cost the most? FYI, the 30% mentioned clearly for hospital charges discount only. Doctor's fee, med, lab charges are not discounted.. I'm worried how much will the doctor's fee end up..
Just ran through my invoice, the highest charge was the process of delivering the baby, about 2.5k. Hope that helps.

I think it's best you walk into SMCV and talk to the staff to understand further what is included and what is not.
fookie
post Mar 17 2021, 09:06 AM

What?
611 posts

QUOTE(crappyalex @ Mar 17 2021, 08:12 AM)
How does the walk in system works? Cos he has appointments booked in all day. Does it mean I walk in at 8am and only got to see Dr at 5PM?
yes. provided there's no delivery or special cases which requires him to get out from his office that day. if you're so unlucky there's a lot of deliveries on that day, then you'll have to wait till night probably.

but case to case basis lah. if emergency for sure he will attend to you first.

if you walk in at 8am, just go register and carry on with your day and come back at about 4/5pm. next appointment will be scheduled, so no need to walk in for your next appointment.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0341sec    0.34    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:34 PM