Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Price for delivering baby

views

florey
post Sep 5 2011, 01:29 AM

28 posts

Recently just delivered my baby girl in SDMC (previously known as SJMC)

Follow up with Dr Fong Chee Kin throughout pregnancy and delivered by Dr Tan Teck Sin (Dr Fong was on leave) and i was 3 weeks early sweat.gif

Highly recommend for both doctors, extremely profesional and strong advocate of normal delivery biggrin.gif biggrin.gif altho u might have to put up with their "strictness" and no-nonsense characteristics

Upon Check-in must pay deposit of RM4000, assuming normal delivery estimate is about RM4000-RM5000 (depending on epidural i guess)

I was hoping for normal delivery, however after 18 hours of on and off contractions, doctor recommended c-sec (trust this doctor - cos he actually scolded my aunt when she ASKED for C-sec, so i know this doc wont simply recommend c-sec to make $$)

Therefore after epidural and c-sec total bill was about RM11,500++ with 4D3N stay in twin-sharing room. Dr Tan said as long as i fart and poo (seriously no joke) then i can go home, but i decided to stay another 2 days as the Child Dr suspected my baby may have jaundice - true enough report on 3rd came out positive... so i stayed for 4th day for treatment - cos i wanted to breastfeed and very far to travel from my house....

Overall experience in SDMC with nurses and Dr are very good - except for the queue blush.gif

After a week i had infection on c-sec.... sigh... but thats another story....

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0124sec    0.46    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:01 PM