Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Price for delivering baby

views

MeToo
post Oct 8 2014, 02:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,846 posts

QUOTE(lalachong @ Sep 30 2014, 10:45 PM)
Just to share our experience. Deliver at Columbia Asia Bukit Rimau. Total cost of mom and baby = RM3k no epidural and double room 1 night stay.  smile.gif
Same place. Mine was 3.7k, no epidural, private room.
MeToo
post Jul 6 2015, 05:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,846 posts

QUOTE(Mandypillow @ Jun 6 2015, 09:12 PM)
Im so sorry that i have a query which is a bit irrelevant to the topic but I'm in dilemma.

How painful it is if without epidural? I'm still considering should I take epidural during that time?
Its very subjective. SOmce can take the pain, some say not painful, etc. Cause everyone's pain threshold is different.

However, there is a school of thought that claims Epidural might cause longterm complications.... so they avoid it. But keep in mind if u wait until u cannot tahan baru do epidural, its usually in the middle of labor alrdy.. then its kinda difficult to apply epidural..
MeToo
post Jul 24 2015, 12:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,846 posts

QUOTE(mygarage88 @ Jul 16 2015, 11:18 AM)
Went with this doc TAN TECK SIN in SJMC.

I don't mind long queue, but he never on time. always late for 1-2 hours

Quiet, not providing info unless you ask, even you ask, he will treat you are asking stupid questions ... No further explain. 

Not friendly, grumpy.

When did the scanning, same explanation given by the nurse ..

Oh ya, he even forgot to give the supplement to us.

I also don't know why I'm paying the consultant fees, everyone can be doc then. To me, it's NOT RECOMMENDED. I'm gona change doc !
SInce you are going to SJMC, perhaps you might wanna try Dr. Loo at Columbia Asia in Bukit Rimau. Not too far away from SJMC, 15 mins drive.

But be warned... the que is LONG.

Then again, would you want to go to a doctor with zero que?
MeToo
post Jul 24 2015, 02:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,846 posts

QUOTE(craftsnknots @ Jul 24 2015, 02:23 PM)
Dr. Loo at Columbia Asia in Bukit Rimau is 'full'. They will re-direct you to another malay lady doctor who is quite new in the hospital. If you still want Dr. Loo, go to her clinic in Bukit Tinggi Klang and then you can deliver by her at Columbia Asia later - but she only goes to the clinic on Tuesday 3pm....Queue is super long..registration starts at 2pm by the nurses..Other days, it is her husband Dr. Soh
Wah! I didnt know that... I just remembered the long que when we had our first child... lucky our house is 2 minute away
MeToo
post Jul 24 2015, 02:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,846 posts

QUOTE(craftsnknots @ Jul 24 2015, 02:34 PM)
yeah...coz I called the hospital first beginning of the year, they wouldn't even pass me to her..just said 'Dr. Loo is full, but we have another dr...also a lady..memang tak terima lagi patient untuk Dr Loo' sad.gif

So I called her clinic, they said ok. I've been seeing her since Jan. But really...on Tuesday, I'll be there like at 130pm the latest...even then I would be maybe number 9, so if she is on time and come in at 3pm, I would only get to see by by 4+pm. They don't give out numbers but the nurses looks at who was waiting first before the 2pm

The thing is there are plenty of ppl (especially husbands) crowding at the counter right before 2pm and pushing their wife's card or IC at the nurse..trying to skip queue..some men even said 'number 7, number 7' when he was clearly only there at 2pm and would put him around patient numbered 16 or 17...good thing the nurses were quite alert, but at times, really overwhelming numbers of patients..So if you are there at 2pm..I think by the time it is your turn, it would have been 6pm already....
That's a pretty bad system....

In Columbia, you register and they put u into the system... no crowding etc... if you are number 20... u know roughly how long u need to wait... so u come back at that time.

Like my kids current pedi at columbia... I need to wake up at 6am go register.. then go back to sleep only to bring her to the doc around 10am tongue.gif
MeToo
post Jul 24 2015, 03:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,846 posts

QUOTE(craftsnknots @ Jul 24 2015, 02:52 PM)
Do you remember what was the delivery price like for your wife back then? Mine should be very soon, in about 8 weeks time..havent asked about price yet

Once register, the nurse will put you in queue, you can then ask her what number you are and then come back later...but really some men can be a nuisance LOL (Scolded the nurse because halfway Dr Loo received a call from hospital, someone is in labor, he scolded the nurse and said he waited so long how can the doctor just leave..I wonder how he feels if his wife was the one in labor)
Cost..
natural birth
no epi
private room overnight
~RM3.6
MeToo
post May 13 2019, 04:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,846 posts

QUOTE(mycolumn @ May 13 2019, 04:16 PM)
Induced, vacuum delivery in General Hospital.
7 days 6 nights stay as I hv to be induced as baby is overdue and got acute urinary retention problem after the delivery. 3rd class ward (no aircond). Total cost for me and baby: RM127.
If private hospice, you looking at 20k++

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0218sec    0.47    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 5th December 2020 - 07:38 PM