Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Price for delivering baby

views

Amanda85
post Sep 10 2014, 05:30 PM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,231 posts

QUOTE(wantedgal @ Sep 10 2014, 09:41 AM)
KJMC apparently does not support natural birth and the price listed is not fixed. There are loads of hidden charges.

Please read the below article and google for more as well. They have bad reviews in The Gentle Birthing Group in FB

Review
indeed. if we do a google for this KJMC , you will realize most of the time the mother will end up with c-sect. mostly due to doctor scare tactic.
Amanda85
post Oct 14 2014, 12:06 PM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,231 posts

I'd just delivered at Columbia Asia Bukit Rimau. I totally underestimated on the price considering I went into natural labour and didn't even cave for the epidural. Only 2 day 1 night stay for both mum and baby and total cost was RM4k. *sweat*

Mother : 2d1n (double room) + pethidine + vacuum delivery = RM3.416
Baby : 2d1n = RM604

But I was happy with Dr. Soh as he managed to let me delivery naturally even though my baby girl had a loop of cord around her neck.

This post has been edited by Amanda85: Oct 14 2014, 12:07 PM
Amanda85
post Dec 18 2014, 04:21 PM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,231 posts

QUOTE(desmond0318 @ Dec 17 2014, 06:53 AM)
Hello Ladies and gentlemen, i am totally newbie about birth and there's nobody can guide me.
I have some question that confused me, hope you guys can clear me out.

My wife's currently 19weeks pregnancy, had been to TMC for twice.. Due to budget in concern, we had decided to birth at government's hospital at Selayang. Should i inform TMC about where to birth? TMC never asked us which hospital we would like to birth the child.

What is the procedure if i wanna birth at government's hospital? Would it be too late to apply because it's already 19weeks of pregnancy. And my wife just have her first blood test after pregnancy, and TMC and the result will have to wait next month, should i wait for the report first or i should follow up at any government hospital/clinic?

Sorry for so many question, some rumors bugged me that government hospital ignored to accept birth if we didn't visit them at first. unsure.gif

Thank You
you don't need to inform TMC. you don't show up for their appointment and they will likely forget about u. you can go back to collect the report once is ready.

to give birth at government hospital, you have to visit the Klinik Kesihatan at your area. 19 weeks is not too late.

Actually gov hospital won't ignore you if there is an obvious emergency during labour. just that you might not have a place in the ward if it is full (my friend was place along the alley way after giving birth, true story), you don't know which doctor to expect and things will not be smooth if they don't have some of your pregnancy history etc.

Amanda85
post Jan 6 2015, 05:01 PM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,231 posts

QUOTE(wongck @ Dec 28 2014, 08:24 PM)
I do agree the doctors in GH are very good. The only downside is the nurse. They treat the patient like sh*t, yell and scream at patient. That's why alot people don't want go GH because of these kinds of treatment else GH is cheap and good.
i agree. i felt like i paid 4k for the nurses service in CA. the doctor only come in for 20 minutes total and i didn't see his face anymore.
Amanda85
post Dec 9 2015, 09:47 AM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,231 posts

QUOTE(th3game @ Dec 7 2015, 09:01 AM)
Hi all. new dad to be here smile.gif

My wife expected to due on June 2016. She's currently working as MO at one of the Goverment Hospital in Klang Valley
and Im currently working in private sector also in Klang Valley

And from what she told me, she entitled of first class treatment at Goverment Hospital depends on avaibility.
And my current company also support up to rm3.5k for maternity cost for spouse

My question now is what do guys think is the best option for my wife and is there any way to use my company maternity allocation for her?

I plan for her to deliver at private but the cost is too high and afraid if there is C-section then the cost would be higher.

Pls recommend me best Hospital huhu
You should ask what your wife think, since she is the one working in the GH.

My company offered 2.5k for maternity cost too, but my colleague wife's who is a government servant rather delivery in PPUM.

As for me, I'm don't have much patience. I think waiting 1hr for my check up is taking a toll on my sanity.
Amanda85
post Feb 25 2016, 01:17 PM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,231 posts

QUOTE(Viviant @ Feb 25 2016, 05:05 AM)
Hi I've been to dr loo 's clinic in Klang and it was really really horrible! There's no queuing system and the receptionist was so rude! There should be a numbering system where first come first serve but there isn't! People just sitting around near the counter and there were like 20++people crowding the entire reception area! We drive all the way down to Klang only to get so disappointed...... I do not recommend to go there...
I'm sorry you have such a bad experience as the clinic.

However, my experience was totally different. I was Dr. Soh's (Dr. Loo's husband) patient for both my pregnancy. I see that they do have a queuing system. 1st come 1st serve unless you are coming in for glucose test/blood test, which they give you priority. If I notice that some patient came later but was called first, that's because they register earlier, but went out for meal. As for why is crowded, that maybe due to the clinic waiting area is small, we have to sit everywhere.

Maybe you don't agree with me and everyone is entitle to their opinion. Anyway, I just wish to point out that I'm very satisfied with the clinic. I also appreciate the fact that their fee is low, the doctor is experience and ease my natural delivery and didn't try to con me into paying for other extra frivolous things.
Amanda85
post Feb 25 2016, 01:54 PM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,231 posts

QUOTE(Viviant @ Feb 25 2016, 01:40 PM)
Hi Amanda,
I went to ask the receptionist nurse at the counter, she like don't care say not yet start register, ask me come back later, then when I come back, so many people standing in front of the counter want to snatch number like that. I mean how can right? She told me come back later then what about me? I come early I also don't mind waiting there then she ask me come back later other people cut queue liao how? The other person (1st time come like me) ask other patients how come here like that 1? There is no queuing & no 1st come 1st serve ah? Everyone just cut and stand at the counter how can? I come here very early woh! Then the person reply say you don't know here is like that 1 meh? They say like that some more... You go other clinic also got queuing system this 1 like that..Haiz I rather pay extra at hospital they do better job than go through all these wasting my time to save some $$$. Btw I wanted to see Dr Loo not her husband Soh smile.gif So maybe the system is different for different gynae?
I know Dr. Loo is only at the clinic on one of the weekday. I'm never experience going during her shift before, though. When I went during weekends, even though there are many ppl, is still very organize. Maybe u should let her know that her staffs lack PR skill.
Amanda85
post Mar 2 2016, 02:41 PM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,231 posts

QUOTE(craftsnknots @ Feb 29 2016, 05:02 PM)
Yeap..system is bad since the Clinic is actually her husband's (also he doesn't really have much patients and Dr. Loo is only available on Tuesday so I reckon that Dr Soh doesn't need the system)

Anyway at the clinic it work this way..

Dr Loo comes in at 3pm, registering starts at 2pm and because she has a lot of patients (since hospital is full and doesnt want more patient, a lot of ppl just go to her clinic so that they can still be delivered under her). Because of that people actually goes in as early as 1245pm. The nurses doesn't let you register but they take note of who was there first right up to 15 people.

So at 2pm, when the nurses starts taking registration, they take the cards accordingly. It is just that those who came later, they try to jump queue and goes to the counter to 'pretend' that they were earlier than so-and so since the nurse doesnt remember all ppl pass 15 sometimes 10 if it is that indian nurse

also those who are there earlier, they actually watch out for other patients..like they will say this person is after me and that person is next. only Those that goes in later try to shove the cards at the nurses..this is bad

and I asked them why dont they give out numbers and they said its because some will just drop by or ask husband to come in at 12+ to take numbers and then goes off and don't come in at 3pm when dr loo is there and they come at their own sweet time like 5pm and expect to be seen first (eventhough their turn has passed). So they gave up on the numbering system.

Once at 2pm when you have given your card/IC for 1st timer, you can leave to have lunch or do whatever and come back at 3pm...I've experience before when I was person number 13 and I waited till 515pm before I was seen (generally normal check is between 10mins unless those that is already in their 3rd trimester or those of high risk), so I will go in at 1250pm and wait till 2pm (I know it's a waste of time but no choice coz hospital refer me to another doctor) and I would be maybe number 4 or so and I will be done before 330pm. I go off for lunch or buy stuff after they collect my card.

And yes, the nurse can be very rude!!! The hospital is better, they will register you as you enter (if they still accept patient under Dr Loo, better go to hospital, otherwise they will ask you to go under 2 other OBGYN (a man and another lady)
Oh my goodness. I can't believe pregnant women have the patience to go through all this waiting. Kudos to you women. I'm blessed that I can just take up whatever gynae is there. I usually just wait 30 mins on Saturday morning for Dr. Soh.

This post has been edited by Amanda85: Mar 2 2016, 02:41 PM
Amanda85
post Apr 27 2016, 11:51 AM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,231 posts

QUOTE(dEviLs @ Apr 27 2016, 09:50 AM)
Just to share charges at Parkcity Medical Centre

Mother natural delivery with vacuum-assist - RM8.5k (Gynae charge at 1.5 times for after hour; anaesthetist for epidural normal charge)
Baby - RM2k

overall excellent service and very competent midwives
I also heard from my friend who deliver in Colombia Asia on a public holiday, price spike up at least 30%. From 5k to 7k.
Thank goodness my first one was on a weekday, I hope my second one will be too.

This post has been edited by Amanda85: Apr 27 2016, 11:52 AM
Amanda85
post May 3 2016, 01:32 PM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,231 posts

QUOTE(812799 @ May 3 2016, 09:07 AM)
Hi mom and dad to be, just sharing my experience and costing

Hospital : SJMC
Gynae : Dr Tang
Admitted : 1.50am (30/04/2016)

Cervix was alrdy 6cm wide when admitted, signs was just a bit blood that morning but contractions was getting more frequent especially after dinner on friday night.

In the end cannot tahan and straight go SJMC around 1am ++

1.50am - baby heart and contraction scan banded on tummy, and check cervix , confirm 6cm opened up, called Doctor, she told nurse to call again when it's 8cm

3.00am - midwife confirm 8cm, and calls Dr

3.30am - Dr arrives and checks, cervix @ 9cm, ask to wait a while more till 10 cm

3.45am - 3 nurses came and start teaching how to push etc etc , starts intense pushing with a lot of support and cheers 

4.00am - baby head visible, informs Dr

4.00am - Dr comes in and start to make final pushes

4.10am - as predicted by nurses during the 1st 15mins push, they told me by
4.10am will be out  ....

4.40am - all done up

check out on Sunday 11.50am

Total Cost : RM5.7k (vaginal birth, no painkiller, no epidural only gases and 1 night stay)
wah, they checked your wife's cervix so many times. I only got checked twice, and both times I scream bloody murder. I was telling everyone that the checking is worst than giving birth itself.
Amanda85
post May 3 2016, 01:36 PM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,231 posts

QUOTE(angelgemini @ May 3 2016, 09:19 AM)
can i ask some question?

Do all this doc that need to queue long and pay alot really much better compare to Gov hospital doc?

if yes, why they are better?
I'm sure all those long Q is due to good recommendation from friends. But when it comes to delivery, most of the time, is not rocket science. You push your baby out and you just need someone to catch it. In western countries or rural area, ppl do homebirth assist by midwives. Who needs overprice gynae. Lol.

The reason why I went private is because my company cover half the cost and the nurses pamper you more. There is a baby room and you can have a good recovery while sleeping the first night away. I heard from my friend, the gov hospital she went there isn't a baby room. So for first time mum without help, it might be overwhelming.

I believe, unless, you got complication and rated as high risk, only then you might need to look for a good one. And of course, becareful of those money minded private gynae who keep persuading the patient for unnecessary c-sect.

This post has been edited by Amanda85: May 3 2016, 01:38 PM
Amanda85
post May 4 2016, 04:22 PM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,231 posts

QUOTE(812799 @ May 3 2016, 05:29 PM)
apparently she can tahan, so i guess not a problem, i got a friend last minute pull out and do c sec coz mentality cannot accept hand going in but prior checkups she's fine with it ... well emotionally i guess
yeah agreed upon, if high risk better google and search for those a bit more specialized but mind you, even that also have long q ... anyways eat right, exercise moderately, no nonsense food, mommy shld be fine.

my wife does stretches and yoga every night b4 sleep, which is advised by my sis in law, who gave birth easily to 2 kids and now 3rd one coming, no need to stress yourself, just relaxed and exercise and eat healthily
anyways i asked the nurses in SJMC, 60% of admitted prefer c-sect but one doesnt know the after effect of c-sect ...

if your wife can tahan contraction for 6 hrs straight, chances to skip epidural is possible, just use the gases to control contraction.

i'm glad wife is strong despite her outlook  flex.gif  ... so proud of her  rclxms.gif  rclxms.gif  anyways good luck to all future mom and dad out there ...
I didn't know the whole hand will go in, I ask my hubby about it, and he seems like wanna avoid telling me the truth. Arg!!! Anyway, being under the knife sounds even more scary. I don't know why ppl think c-sect is easier. I guess different ppl, got different phobia. I'm more scared of needle and knife. Last time I used the laughing gas, which make me feel high and see stars. Damn syiok.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0259sec    1.21    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 5th December 2020 - 07:44 PM