Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Help needed..., for my BB 8320...

views

TSkcmy
post Oct 12 2010, 12:12 AM, updated 8y ago

I gazed a gazeless stare
725 posts

Hi all Sifus,

Just wanna ask,normally when u plug a usb cable to ur device and connect it to ur PC it'll proceed to install the device to your PC right? and then a menu will pop up and ask whether u want to view ur files etc and so on right but mine doesnt,after installing the menu didnt pop out and i cant seem to find the folder where i can view the files in my BB on my PC. i need to transfer some songs and wallpapers to my BB,am i doing something wrong or are there any other way to do it?
dicksonbell
post Oct 12 2010, 12:21 AM

This is life...
11,159 posts

Do you install Desktop Manager? Or you have memory card reader? That way will be faster and easier..

or

If you like to connect your BlackBerry device with USB to your desktop PC without the Desktop Manager installed, you can install de Research In Motion USB driver. Here you find a short description how to optain and install the USB driver for the BlackBerry device.

There are two ways:
1) With your PC connected to the internet, connect your BlackBerry with the USB cable to your desktop PC. You get found new hardware, let Windows search the driver on the internet (windows update site). You need to have Local Administrator rights.
2) For administrators and support personal etc, download the driver and use for example Microsoft WSUS to deploy the driver.

Download the BlackBerry USB driver from the Microsoft site.
Select: Find driver updates for hardware devices
Under Hardware Drivers select Other Hardware
By Manufacturer name: select Research In Motion from the option list.
By Operating system: select your Operating System.
Click on Search
by Research In Motion usb software update released on July 05 2005. - (Posted Date: October 03, 2005) (or newer) click on Add
Click on Go to Download Basket
Select the download location with Browse... and click on Download Now

This post has been edited by dicksonbell: Oct 12 2010, 12:30 AM
rattan
post Oct 12 2010, 01:34 AM

Droid
Group Icon
Trade Dispute
3,379 posts

QUOTE(kcmy @ Oct 12 2010, 12:12 AM)
Hi all Sifus,

Just wanna ask,normally when u plug a usb cable to ur device and connect it to ur PC it'll proceed to install the device to your PC right? and then a menu will pop up and ask whether u want to view ur files etc and so on right but mine doesnt,after installing the menu didnt pop out and i cant seem to find the folder where i can view the files in my BB on my PC. i need to transfer some songs and wallpapers to my BB,am i doing something wrong or are there any other way to do it?
Another way to transfer is use a card reader.
dicksonbell
post Oct 12 2010, 01:53 AM

This is life...
11,159 posts

As I said before media card reader transfer rate is faster than USB connection..
TSkcmy
post Oct 12 2010, 04:53 PM

I gazed a gazeless stare
725 posts

QUOTE(dicksonbell @ Oct 12 2010, 12:21 AM)
Do you install Desktop Manager? Or you have memory card reader? That way will be faster and easier..

or

If you like to connect your BlackBerry device with USB to your desktop PC without the Desktop Manager installed, you can install de Research In Motion USB driver. Here you find a short description how to optain and install the USB driver for the BlackBerry device.

There are two ways:
1) With your PC connected to the internet, connect your BlackBerry with the USB cable to your desktop PC. You get found new hardware, let Windows search the driver on the internet (windows update site). You need to have Local Administrator rights.
2) For administrators and support personal etc, download the driver and use for example Microsoft WSUS to deploy the driver.

Download the BlackBerry USB driver from the Microsoft site.
Select: Find driver updates for hardware devices
Under Hardware Drivers select Other Hardware
By Manufacturer name: select Research In Motion from the option list.
By Operating system: select your Operating System.
Click on Search
by Research In Motion usb software update released on July 05 2005. - (Posted Date: October 03, 2005) (or newer) click on Add
Click on Go to Download Basket
Select the download location with Browse... and click on Download Now
thnx for the details explanation bro,will try it later when i have more time bt i remember last time on my BB 8520 i just have to plug in the cable to the PC then a menu will pop up,i just have to double click 'view file in the folder' and when it open i can see all the files in the phone and memory card. what i do next is just drag and copy the songs and wallpaper from my personal folder into the memory card folder.
dicksonbell
post Oct 12 2010, 05:08 PM

This is life...
11,159 posts

It all depends on the BlackBerry driver is in your PC/Laptop or not before proceeding.. Otherwise it cant detect..
TSkcmy
post Oct 12 2010, 11:52 PM

I gazed a gazeless stare
725 posts

QUOTE(dicksonbell @ Oct 12 2010, 05:08 PM)
It all depends on the BlackBerry driver is in your PC/Laptop or not before proceeding.. Otherwise it cant detect..
how do i check whether its in my PC or not bro? i saw a bubble on the right bottom corner stating its installing,normally after the installation the menu to view the folder will automatically pop up but there's none... hmm.gif
dicksonbell
post Oct 13 2010, 12:06 AM

This is life...
11,159 posts

After installing re-start your PC and connect to BlackBerry again..
TSkcmy
post Oct 13 2010, 05:17 PM

I gazed a gazeless stare
725 posts

already tried,still the same...

nemind bro,dowan to waste anymore of ur time,i'll get a card reader to transfer. thnx ya bro,really appreciate ur input. notworthy.gif
dicksonbell
post Oct 13 2010, 05:21 PM

This is life...
11,159 posts

Impossible it cant? Driver not loaded? Why dont you install Desktop Manager? Once you have the Desktop Manager it will automatically detect BlackBerry phone whenever you plug into it.. Easier, right?
TSkcmy
post Oct 14 2010, 07:41 PM

I gazed a gazeless stare
725 posts

QUOTE(dicksonbell @ Oct 13 2010, 05:21 PM)
Impossible it cant? Driver not loaded? Why dont you install Desktop Manager? Once you have the Desktop Manager it will automatically detect BlackBerry phone whenever you plug into it.. Easier, right?
where can i download desktop manager beo? veri sori,noob here... sad.gif
dicksonbell
post Oct 14 2010, 07:44 PM

This is life...
11,159 posts

QUOTE(kcmy @ Oct 14 2010, 07:41 PM)
where can i download desktop manager beo? veri sori,noob here... sad.gif
Download from here:-

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/desktop_pc.jsp
mikehwy
post Oct 15 2010, 04:33 PM

10k Club
All Stars
17,099 posts

line is slow, it will take me14 hrs to download a 1.98m ... hahaha, i got to let go la....
dicksonbell
post Oct 15 2010, 04:35 PM

This is life...
11,159 posts

That is super slow!!
rattan
post Oct 19 2010, 05:57 PM

Droid
Group Icon
Trade Dispute
3,379 posts

QUOTE(mikehwy @ Oct 15 2010, 04:33 PM)
line is slow, it will take me14 hrs to download a 1.98m ... hahaha, i got to let go la....
1.98MB took u 14 hours ? Walau weh. blink.gif
dicksonbell
post Oct 19 2010, 05:59 PM

This is life...
11,159 posts

What age of internet he is using now??
TSkcmy
post Feb 3 2017, 12:01 AM

I gazed a gazeless stare
725 posts

-edited-

This post has been edited by kcmy: Feb 3 2017, 12:01 AM