Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[WTA] Polarized Protection Shield vs. Sierra Glow, Which one better - PPS vs. SG

views

idoblu
post Jul 13 2011, 07:19 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

Go early. If appointment is 10am, reach there before 9.30am. I had to spend 9 hours at SG. Five hours just waiting for my turn and I'm only third in line. Also bring cash cause mr. Choong no accept credit cards
idoblu
post Jul 14 2011, 09:11 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

for me...the most important thing is not maintaining the wet look shine but the ease of cleaning it and keeping it clean with these pps and sierra glow products. ive done both. pps about 3 to 4 years ago - car already sold off. just did sierra glow.

i think i prefer SG. They can applied it to plastic as well. It feels oily to the touch on plastic and metal after application but it isnt oily. It just feels oily and smooth. Love it.

Today after it rain, I gave my car a spray wash. After that just dry with my microfibre cloth. Very easy. I just throw and drag the cloth and the water gets pickup without any difficulty.

There is one thing I didnt like about PPS - their price structure. For my car they wanted RM980 but at SG only RM600. PPS prices like not fixed for certain size cars but depends on the make. If same size cars but Mercedes, they will charge you more. This is what I feel.

At SG I see they do a big ass 7 series BMW for only RM800. And this is not a new car with less work but one with lots of hard to remove scratches. This car took much more time than mine. So for RM200 more, I say SG pricing is very reasonable for the work done.

idoblu
post Jul 14 2011, 09:56 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

hi kenji

Im a fan of swissvax myself. for me they have the best wax ever. nice smell and absolutely no powedery residue left over. i apply it using my palm and my hand dont feel dirty at all. i sold mine to a LYN forumer after done PPS. I was too lazy to wax. I still have their car bath and leather cleaning set.

I just done SG a day ago.
idoblu
post Jul 14 2011, 10:17 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

I bought my swisswax stuff at mont kiara. im not sure they are still at the same place as these was way back in 2005.

if you use their wax and have them to it for you, i think only about RM180 all in - wash, claybar, cleaning fluid, wax. the price depends on which wax you wanna use.

yes to buy a small tub, i think i got the concorso is 300 something.

Is SG good? Okay la, for 600 its worth it. better than paying 180 every 2 or 3 months right. No more wax for me

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0172sec    0.65    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:34 PM