Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Please provide proper description when you report a post. Report button abuse will earn you an automatic warn + suspension.

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [WTA] Polarized Protection Shield vs. Sierra Glow, Which one better - PPS vs. SG

ZaX17
post Oct 8 2010, 03:31 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

As from the topic, Polarized Paint Protection System (PPS) vs. Sierra Glow (SG), which one is better?

I just got my new car and I planned to do either one of it, but I can't decide which one is better. I prefer to have the protection layer rather than wax/polishing car monthly because I find overall these two methods are more cost saving in long term (5 years warranty) and most importantly, I'm too lazy to send my car for wax/polish every month.

Here is the link for both products:

Polarized Paint Protection Shield (PPS)

Sierra Glow

Both of them are offering 5 years warranty but Sierra Glow is slightly cheaper than PPS. PPS required touch up every half year and cost about RM100+.

I hope PPS and SG users can give some feedback.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Thrust
post Oct 8 2010, 03:33 PM

Power To The People!!!
Group: Senior Member

I did PPS. The shine is superb. My car is always the shiniest whenever I sent her for service.
+Quote Post
ralf
post Oct 8 2010, 03:38 PM

WYSIWYG

P?S, S???G?? , DiamondB??? all crap, marketing hype..try GZox you will know what i mean.
+Quote Post
mavericksam
post Oct 8 2010, 04:15 PM

Getting Started

not too sure about the glass thingy by gzox, but other than that, it is just polishing dude... nothing special about it also... probably the care that goes with it is better i guess (surely must be since they are charging rm400 for it)... can't comprehend why you are so gung ho about it...
+Quote Post
ZeroSP
post Oct 8 2010, 04:20 PM

Getting Started

Ultra Glass
+Quote Post
Vincent Pang
post Oct 8 2010, 05:00 PM

Regular

those who did PPS or Sierra Glow, can road tar be easily removed?
+Quote Post
claxxion
post Oct 9 2010, 12:44 AM

Casual

I'm curious to know how much does these treatments roughly cost? Interested to give my car a layer of protection as well.
+Quote Post
jimmy.soo
post Oct 9 2010, 03:12 AM

Happy Go Lucky

QUOTE(Vincent Pang @ Oct 8 2010, 05:00 PM)
those who did PPS or Sierra Glow, can road tar be easily removed?
yes, can be easily removed... if not can also use claybar to remove it
+Quote Post
ralf
post Oct 9 2010, 11:20 PM

WYSIWYG

QUOTE(mavericksam @ Oct 8 2010, 04:15 PM)
not too sure about the glass thingy by gzox, but other than that, it is just polishing dude... nothing special about it also... probably the care that goes with it is better i guess (surely must be since they are charging rm400 for it)... can't comprehend why you are so gung ho about it...
Nothing special? Try it and believe it..this product is amazing, strong durability that works in our hot, humind tropical climate. I know it comes with premium price but the product itself is top notch.

I come accross ABC, DEF, GHI Teflon or so called Nano coating but none of it works for me...the best Nano product that i had tried before is Nanolex, pure German products..Of course it does not come cheap, pay hefty amount of price for it.
I don't want to name a few that marketing hype, heavily advertise how great the products are..don't want to spoil the reputation of the brand too, i know people earn a living for it, it's their bread and butter..

Sorry to carnauba, the era has come to an end..

+Quote Post
XionCity
post Oct 10 2010, 01:18 AM

Getting Started

amway product...
+Quote Post
Alpha700
post Oct 10 2010, 04:19 AM

Getting Started

With all these sealant, what do you guys wash your car with?
+Quote Post
chastise
post Oct 10 2010, 05:37 AM

Over the rainbow

how much does it cost?
+Quote Post
ralf
post Oct 10 2010, 10:09 PM

WYSIWYG

QUOTE(Alpha700 @ Oct 10 2010, 04:19 AM)
With all these sealant, what do you guys wash your car with?
My own secret formula of wash shampoo..it is mixture with dish washing liquid.

YES, it is dish washing liquid mixture with other type of shampoo..create more surd and cleaning power. Dilution? Secret..hehe
+Quote Post
ZaX17
post Oct 10 2010, 10:39 PM

Getting Started

Anymore PPS or SG users?
+Quote Post
Yan
post Oct 13 2010, 07:56 AM

On my way

how much is SG and how much is PPS ?
+Quote Post
darkangel7
post Nov 15 2010, 09:33 AM

Getting Started

Any PPS or SG users here care to comment? How about long term durability of the product? Any side effects?
+Quote Post
Mavik
post Nov 15 2010, 09:42 AM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Group: Elite

I have heard both sides of the story from both PPS users and SG users. To be honest, seen both of their cars detailed and I can't really tell the difference! Both are extremely satisfied with the job and my choice would be to go try out Sierra Glow. Planning to bring my car this week there.

Will update this thread when I get it done.
+Quote Post
darkangel7
post Nov 15 2010, 09:47 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Mavik @ Nov 15 2010, 09:42 AM)
I have heard both sides of the story from both PPS users and SG users. To be honest, seen both of their cars detailed and I can't really tell the difference! Both are extremely satisfied with the job and my choice would be to go try out Sierra Glow. Planning to bring my car this week there.

Will update this thread when I get it done.
anyone you know has used it for long (>2years)? what are their experience?
+Quote Post
Mavik
post Nov 15 2010, 09:55 AM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon

QUOTE(darkangel7 @ Nov 15 2010, 09:47 AM)
anyone you know has used it for long (>2years)? what are their experience?
Nah, sorry mate. I am also facing the same problem. Those I know only done theirs a couple of months back. Haven't reached 1 year yet.
+Quote Post
JLean
post Nov 15 2010, 09:59 AM

Getting Started

Do post up the picture of your proud ride to share yeah. =)
+Quote Post
Dias
post Nov 15 2010, 10:13 AM

Getting Started

How does it stand up to flying debris kicked up by other cars? Or small stones/pebbles flying off the back of lorries?
+Quote Post
double7
post May 6 2011, 01:53 PM

Getting Started

Any updates on this two products?
+Quote Post
rockets
post May 6 2011, 02:25 PM

No Recoil

QUOTE(Dias @ Nov 15 2010, 10:13 AM)
How does it stand up to flying debris kicked up by other cars? Or small stones/pebbles flying off the back of lorries?
nothing can help vs those. i avoid lorries like the plague.

i have a friend who did it and it's quite good for the amount of maintainance required to keep the shine. if you're lazy, get these coatings. but nothing beats a properly done old school polish and wax but it requires alot of work and it deosn't last as long.

+Quote Post
Sichiri
post May 22 2011, 06:44 PM

Regular

Went to look up for the price for G'zox and found that its RM1800 for a small car. ^^;

http://www.gzox.com.my/bodycoating1-2.html

...and that is not even the best they have. Their best coating, Hi-MOHS costs RM4800 for a small car.

http://www.gzox.com.my/bodycoating1-4.html

I guess thats what you have to pay for JAPAN QUALITY. sweat.gif

This post has been edited by Sichiri: May 22 2011, 06:45 PM
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Matrix
post May 22 2011, 06:46 PM

King of Char Siew!

QUOTE(Sichiri @ May 22 2011, 06:44 PM)
Went to look up for the price for G'zox and found that its RM1800 for a small car. ^^;

http://www.gzox.com.my/bodycoating1-2.html
...and that is not even the best they have. Their best coating, Hi-MOHS costs RM4800 for a small car.

http://www.gzox.com.my/bodycoating1-4.html
RM4.8k??? Hell, i'll stick to wax and polish and repaint my car after 5 years...still cheaper!!!
+Quote Post
Sichiri
post May 22 2011, 06:51 PM

Regular

oh sorry I misquote, its RM4500, not RM4800. But still... its madness! lol.
+Quote Post
DJSoo
post Jun 3 2011, 03:09 PM

QUOTE(Sichiri @ May 22 2011, 06:51 PM)
oh sorry I misquote, its RM4500, not RM4800. But still... its madness! lol.
I got quoted by SG for my city is just below 1K. haven't decide which is better , SG or PPs ? rclxub.gif
+Quote Post
rockets
post Jun 3 2011, 04:00 PM

No Recoil

QUOTE(DJSoo @ Jun 3 2011, 03:09 PM)
I got quoted by SG for my city is just below 1K. haven't decide which is better , SG or PPs ? rclxub.gif
wah SG raise price already? couple months ago rm800 can do already.
+Quote Post
DJSoo
post Jun 3 2011, 05:50 PM

QUOTE(rockets @ Jun 3 2011, 04:00 PM)
wah SG raise price already? couple months ago rm800 can do already.
depends ur car model smile.gif u did with SG edy ?
+Quote Post
kenji1903
post Jul 3 2011, 04:52 PM

Regular

anyone knows the latest price? smile.gif
+Quote Post
rmage
post Jul 7 2011, 08:08 AM

QUOTE(kenji1903 @ Jul 3 2011, 04:52 PM)
anyone knows the latest price? smile.gif
Hi,

SG quoted for RM550 for jazz. Planning to send my ride to Mr. Choong next 2 weeks. smile.gif

U can contact Mr. Choong (0163452913) to get a quote or u can visit his facebook page as well.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sierra-Glow/146490948751630
+Quote Post
eng98
post Jul 7 2011, 09:54 AM

Come and suX me...

i dun think SG is worth the 1k... its like same polish and wax but with special chemical coating for the protective layer only... after a few heavy rain plus washes the coat will be gone too.... i do not know about others but mine dad's car did happen... he paid 800 for his camry... now need 1k to do it? i think if u guys dun mind paying higher price... any glass coat with spraying on it is way better or last longer...
+Quote Post
kenji1903
post Jul 7 2011, 10:18 AM

Regular

QUOTE(eng98 @ Jul 7 2011, 09:54 AM)
i dun think SG is worth the 1k... its like same polish and wax but with special chemical coating for the protective layer only... after a few heavy rain plus washes the coat will be gone too.... i do not know about others but mine dad's car did happen... he paid 800 for his camry... now need 1k to do it? i think if u guys dun mind paying higher price... any glass coat with spraying on it is way better or last longer...
interesting... please give more details cos i might just drop the idea of applying SG and just wash my car every alternate days... was quoted RM650 for Dugong...
+Quote Post
shithappens
post Jul 7 2011, 10:45 AM

i did both my cars at SG....one is a pug and the other is a toyota mpv.....both were glowed in early 2010 and i can tell u the effect is still lasting till today....the h2o beading is less compared to day 1 but it still beads rclxms.gif thats something even the best wax job cant match.....

its important to know what your needs are b4 u proceed in order to get your money's worth....if u r thinking that after the treatment, there's absolutely no need to wash your car, then the entire concept's warped and so wrong....treatments like SG are meant to place an additional protective layer to the car's paint...in this case, SG's 5 yr warranty is that it'll protect the paint from fading or oxidising.....u will still need to wash the car altho after the treatment, the washing part is rendered easier....however, proper care is also needed when u wash the car to avoid introducing scratches to the car body etc etc

Mr Choong is a very friendly fella and so are the fellas that make up his entire team....i would suggest a no-obligatory visit to his shop to view and understand the painstaking process its takes to glow your ride b4 making up your mind as to plonk down a few hundred RMs for the treatment or not....as they say, seeing is believing.....

the application of the protective layer is a simple and quick process....the many hours spent are preparatory as they will clean your car thoroughly, remove all removable swirls, scratches etc w/o compromising on the car's clear coat, wash and dry again, inspect and remove swirls, scratches etc, followed by another wash and dry b4 the protective coating is applied...all in its an easy 5 hours or so per car.....the level of passion and attention to detail displayed by Mr Choong and his team are 2nd to none...... thumbup.gif

prices wary, depending on the size of the car as well as the age....an old car will no doubt take more effort and time and the price will be slightly higher compared to a new car.....all in i felt SG offered the best bang for my money....the rest like PPS etc are all in excess of rm1k.......

the price, service level and results to me were money well spent.....

that's about all for my 2 kupang.....cheers

+Quote Post
bukanmain
post Jul 7 2011, 03:00 PM

I'm only 20,still learning..

ive been wanting to send my car but what im still looking for seal-the-deal answer which is can a product actually last 5years? What is the big difference with polish the car every year? I wax my car with UQD meguiars every 2-3 wash and i wash my car every week so you can tell i am rajin..

What happen to us who are rajin want to wax once a month after coating these products? i was advice no need just regular wash and come back for treatment another 200-300++ every 6months (this amount sama lah mcm polish+wax+seal meguairs every year)

so youre paying eg: 900(one time)+200-300(every 6months) sudah brape? while you can get 200-400(per year) polish+wax+seal

What guarantee the product to be stayed on even after washes+rain+abuse? a layer of seal? all testy are only barely 1 1/2 years old car applied

im not bashing but purely want to know so i can send my car also after all these bombastic results from friends..if it really work why not?

+Quote Post
kenji1903
post Jul 7 2011, 03:15 PM

Regular

QUOTE(bukanmain @ Jul 7 2011, 03:00 PM)
ive been wanting to send my car but what im still looking for seal-the-deal answer which is can a product actually last 5years? What is the big difference with polish the car every year? I wax my car with UQD meguiars every 2-3 wash and i wash my car every week so you can tell i am rajin..

What happen to us who are rajin want to wax once a month after coating these products? i was advice no need just regular wash and come back for treatment another 200-300++ every 6months (this amount sama lah mcm polish+wax+seal meguairs every year)

so youre paying eg: 900(one time)+200-300(every 6months) sudah brape? while you can get 200-400(per year) polish+wax+seal

What guarantee the product to be stayed on even after washes+rain+abuse? a layer of seal? all testy are only barely 1 1/2 years old car applied

im not bashing but purely want to know so i can send my car also after all these bombastic results from friends..if it really work why not?
PPS need to go back to them every 6 months... SG 5 years no need to do anything except wash with water doh.gif

actually with all this money spent... i can just send my car for repaint every 2-3 years... cheaper than all the above doh.gif
+Quote Post
Mavik
post Jul 7 2011, 03:52 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon

For those of you who are lazy, want a quick simple sealant and then only send your car for normal washes, then SG is the way for you. Have it applied for almost a year already. Still have water beads when it rains and after a good wash, it looks fantastic.

For those of you who enjoy detailing your car and find it soothing to clean up every inch and detail it nicely, do that by all means. Forget about SG and PPS, the satisfaction you get from your own hard work is really priceless.

For those of you who are completely anal about what products goes on your car but don't careless about applying it yourself then send it to professionals. Forget about SG and PPS, you might get more satisfaction from the pro detailers such as Autodetailer at Jaya One. They also offer a different type of coating as well as coating for soft top type of roof panels as well for convertibles.

At the end of the day, these options all achieve the same thing. You car looks great and the paint is protected. The only key difference is cost and maintenance cost and again cost.

Edit:
I chose to go with SG only purely because of cost (it was the cheapest option) and I didn't have the time to wash my car myself because I stay in an apartment where there isn't any place to wash my car.

This post has been edited by Mavik: Jul 7 2011, 03:54 PM
+Quote Post
Matrix
post Jul 7 2011, 05:18 PM

King of Char Siew!

QUOTE(bukanmain @ Jul 7 2011, 03:00 PM)

You can come wax my car instead. I won't charge you and give you free 100 plus. Deal??? LOL.

I also gave up the idea...still have to wash car and pay...might as well do the wax myself every two months and use quick water wax in between regular car wash.

+Quote Post
bukanmain
post Jul 7 2011, 11:52 PM

how can you paint your whole car with so little money? we're expecting forking out about rm400 maximum a year for maintaince with this amount of money the best of the best already ..

I do agree on doing your own detailing is the best feeling ever its a matter of you rajin or not i do too live in condo my best option is go wash nearby come back wipe down with quick detailer then with UQD wax.Its a hard work but you'll get there

Now i know that there is some people who admit they have to time to jaga and less space opt for this products.Those who i met is talk about the shine which i must say ive seen better with only polish+wax by pro detailer.

i hope to learn more about these products before jumping on the ship..Maybe those who abuse and already on 3rd year can comment if any
+Quote Post
kenji1903
post Jul 8 2011, 08:11 AM

Regular

QUOTE(bukanmain @ Jul 7 2011, 11:52 PM)
how can you paint your whole car with so little money? we're expecting forking out about rm400 maximum a year for maintaince with this amount of money the best of the best already ..
little? PPS cost about RM1k first time, then every 1/2 year about RM140.. For 3.5 years its already RM2k, my uncle reapinted his Camry for RM2k doh.gif

my wife colleague spent RM1k per year on detailing... 2 years can repaint already, no?

RM400 per year is a very reasonable amount, to me at least... but not everyone forks out that little...
+Quote Post
cillecheah
post Jul 11 2011, 04:33 AM

i am too stingy to send for these super high-techs. i got a black decker car polisher and uses maguire wax now and again... kinda shiok you know, to see the after effect.
+Quote Post
bukanmain
post Jul 11 2011, 03:51 PM

still only around 1.5k maa..plus a good spray also nowadays atleast 2.5k (if you opt for this type of service la)

yeah thats why ..the question is if forking out "one shot" can betul2 guarantee you but it seems the answer from the dealers bengkang bengkok ..
+Quote Post
skyblas
post Jul 12 2011, 02:33 AM

why dont just get muguiar ultimate quick wax
works very well for me
cheap and fast also
+Quote Post
Matrix
post Jul 12 2011, 08:53 AM

King of Char Siew!

QUOTE(bukanmain @ Jul 11 2011, 03:51 PM)
still only  around 1.5k maa..plus a good spray also nowadays atleast 2.5k (if you opt for this type of service la)

yeah thats why ..the question is if forking out "one shot" can betul2 guarantee you but it seems the answer from the dealers bengkang bengkok ..
If me, i'll stick to do it the old way....since you still have wash and dry car anyway, no difference there. Only difference is you have to do wax every 2 months, still ok...i can use the exercise, getting fat nowadays....After 5 years, spray to different color, feels like new car all over again... biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Matrix: Jul 12 2011, 08:54 AM
+Quote Post
SeanWong
post Jul 13 2011, 04:30 PM

Getting Started

Just done SG on my NHC.

Just a word to describe - SUPERB! No more swirl mark and it's now shinning like hell tongue.gif No longer need to wax or polish my car for the next 5 years, just regulary and simple wash will do smile.gif

And when you are there to witness the whole process you'll even more appreciate and it worth the money you spend i tell you. Just how detail are them to treat every inch of your car body and make it like perfect is already justify the small amount of money that i have spend (and it is one-off for lasting 5 years my babe biggrin.gif).

Thumbs up! thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by SeanWong: Jul 13 2011, 04:30 PM
+Quote Post
rockets
post Jul 13 2011, 04:51 PM

No Recoil

QUOTE(SeanWong @ Jul 13 2011, 04:30 PM)
Just done SG on my NHC.

Just a word to describe - SUPERB! No more swirl mark and it's now shinning like hell tongue.gif No longer need to wax or polish my car for the next 5 years, just regulary and simple wash will do smile.gif

And when you are there to witness the whole process you'll even more appreciate and it worth the money you spend i tell you. Just how detail are them to treat every inch of your car body and make it like perfect is already justify the small amount of money that i have spend (and it is one-off for lasting 5 years my babe biggrin.gif).

Thumbs up! thumbup.gif
no doubt it's very nice initially, but can it really last 5 years? i really doubt it. i think to justify the cost it needs to last at least 2 years...as in the shine needs to be the same throughout this period.

can SG/PPS after 1 year outshine a just polished/waxed car?
+Quote Post
kenji1903
post Jul 13 2011, 05:06 PM

Regular

QUOTE(rockets @ Jul 13 2011, 04:51 PM)
no doubt it's very nice initially, but can it really last 5 years? i really doubt it. i think to justify the cost it needs to last at least 2 years...as in the shine needs to be the same throughout this period.

can SG/PPS after 1 year outshine a just polished/waxed car?
this i want to know also... cos PPS need to go back after every 6 months for maintenance, SG no need at all...
+Quote Post
dRaKoZ
post Jul 13 2011, 05:24 PM

Getting Started

This products are utterly rubbish la.. you guys easily deceived by the "first look" after the car is being treated. Cmon la after treated definitely will shine, water bead blah blah for few months. Yet again after few months, consider you still have to go back there to do "follow up" cough "polish and wax" again and will shine for few months again.
+Quote Post
blackmika
post Jul 13 2011, 05:33 PM

Group: New Member

QUOTE(dRaKoZ @ Jul 13 2011, 05:24 PM)
This products are utterly rubbish la.. you guys easily deceived by the "first look" after the car is being treated. Cmon la after treated definitely will shine, water bead blah blah for few months. Yet again after few months, consider you still have to go back there to do "follow up" cough "polish and wax" again and will shine for few months again.
I agreed. my already yrs old. wash myself if it too dirty. no swirl marks yet. still really shine after every wash + some wax.

only got some scratch and pimple at front bonnet

+Quote Post
SeanWong
post Jul 13 2011, 05:58 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(dRaKoZ @ Jul 13 2011, 05:24 PM)
I have SG my red GT 2 years ago, and today, it still beads!! Its damn good!
I have set appointment with Mr Choong on June the 3rd to SG my new CX-7. And its white!!

Self-explanatory dry.gif

Source: http://forum.autoworld.com.my/index.php?sh...ic=89680&st=600

try to read through the forum from page 1 until the latest you'll know how many have been satisfy with their work. and some of them now more than 2 years still get the shinning effect and water bead (provided you still wash your car regulary and no need wax/polish) whistling.gif
+Quote Post
clawhammer
post Jul 13 2011, 07:13 PM

///M
Group Icon
Group: VIP

I've booked an appointment with Sierra Glow next week and I hope this silica layer will stay for at least one year biggrin.gif I don't mind re-doing every year as 5 years sounds a bit hard to believe. Most importantly is the quality of the product and it makes the car shine. IMHO, the amount paid for this is reasonable because if we send our car for detailing, it easily costs a few hundred RM so if this thing works, why not? biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
idoblu
post Jul 13 2011, 07:19 PM

Stars For Sale

Go early. If appointment is 10am, reach there before 9.30am. I had to spend 9 hours at SG. Five hours just waiting for my turn and I'm only third in line. Also bring cash cause mr. Choong no accept credit cards
+Quote Post
clawhammer
post Jul 13 2011, 08:18 PM

///M
Group Icon

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jul 13 2011, 07:19 PM)
Go early. If appointment is 10am, reach there before 9.30am. I had to spend 9 hours at SG. Five hours just waiting for my turn and I'm only third in line. Also bring cash cause mr. Choong no accept credit cards
Yup, I was surprised that we need to pay cash biggrin.gif I guess his machine is not here yet but I will call him again to confirm my time slot.
+Quote Post
SeanWong
post Jul 13 2011, 09:44 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jul 13 2011, 07:19 PM)
lol 5 hours just to wait for your turn? sweat.gif

luckily i reach there before 9.30am and i'm the 1st one to be serve, around 3pm completed the whole detailing thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
bukanmain
post Jul 14 2011, 12:17 AM

i guess the only person whose truly understood what was going on was marvik..

true that the treatment was meant polish and wax again..so no difference with old school ways..

anyone who actually passed 2years without follow up please come and share because your result are what we're waiting for..

try to go to other center who actually put their heart to detail your car as well..ive found many if you yourself are educated with this technic.. do join KC detailing this 16th july
+Quote Post
idoblu
post Jul 14 2011, 09:11 AM

Stars For Sale

for me...the most important thing is not maintaining the wet look shine but the ease of cleaning it and keeping it clean with these pps and sierra glow products. ive done both. pps about 3 to 4 years ago - car already sold off. just did sierra glow.

i think i prefer SG. They can applied it to plastic as well. It feels oily to the touch on plastic and metal after application but it isnt oily. It just feels oily and smooth. Love it.

Today after it rain, I gave my car a spray wash. After that just dry with my microfibre cloth. Very easy. I just throw and drag the cloth and the water gets pickup without any difficulty.

There is one thing I didnt like about PPS - their price structure. For my car they wanted RM980 but at SG only RM600. PPS prices like not fixed for certain size cars but depends on the make. If same size cars but Mercedes, they will charge you more. This is what I feel.

At SG I see they do a big ass 7 series BMW for only RM800. And this is not a new car with less work but one with lots of hard to remove scratches. This car took much more time than mine. So for RM200 more, I say SG pricing is very reasonable for the work done.

+Quote Post
kenji1903
post Jul 14 2011, 09:49 AM

Regular

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jul 14 2011, 09:11 AM)
for me...the most important thing is not maintaining the wet look shine but the ease of cleaning it and keeping it clean with these pps and sierra glow products. ive done both. pps about 3 to 4 years ago - car already sold off. just did sierra glow.

i think i prefer SG. They can applied it to plastic as well. It feels oily to the touch on plastic and metal after application but it isnt oily. It just feels oily and smooth. Love it.

Today after it rain, I gave my car a spray wash. After that just dry with my microfibre cloth. Very easy. I just throw and drag the cloth and the water gets pickup without any difficulty.

There is one thing I didnt like about PPS - their price structure. For my car they wanted RM980 but at SG only RM600. PPS prices like not fixed for certain size cars but depends on the make. If same size cars but Mercedes, they will charge you more. This is what I feel.

At SG I see they do a big ass 7 series BMW for only RM800. And this is not a new car with less work but one with lots of hard to remove scratches. This car took much more time than mine. So for RM200 more, I say SG pricing is very reasonable for the work done.
interesting write up... how long have you had SG on?

i know that smooth feeling, i did a polish and wax with Swissvax few years back and the shine and smoothness was amazing... unfortunately didn't continue cos need it every 6 months... too pricey...
+Quote Post
Matrix
post Jul 14 2011, 09:54 AM

King of Char Siew!

QUOTE(clawhammer @ Jul 13 2011, 07:13 PM)
I've booked an appointment with Sierra Glow next week and I hope this silica layer will stay for at least one year biggrin.gif I don't mind re-doing every year as 5 years sounds a bit hard to believe. Most importantly is the quality of the product and it makes the car shine. IMHO, the amount paid for this is reasonable because if we send our car for detailing, it easily costs a few hundred RM so if this thing works, why not? biggrin.gif
You not scared ar?? You spent RM 4K for autofoam which only "improves slightly" in the noise supression....sweat.gif..
+Quote Post
idoblu
post Jul 14 2011, 09:56 AM

Stars For Sale

hi kenji

Im a fan of swissvax myself. for me they have the best wax ever. nice smell and absolutely no powedery residue left over. i apply it using my palm and my hand dont feel dirty at all. i sold mine to a LYN forumer after done PPS. I was too lazy to wax. I still have their car bath and leather cleaning set.

I just done SG a day ago.
+Quote Post
Matrix
post Jul 14 2011, 10:00 AM

King of Char Siew!

QUOTE(blackmika @ Jul 13 2011, 05:33 PM)
I agreed. my already yrs old. wash myself if it too dirty. no swirl marks yet. still really shine after every wash + some wax.

only got some scratch and pimple at front bonnet
I thought you're not suppose to put wax on it??? How old is yours? 1 yr already??
+Quote Post
kenji1903
post Jul 14 2011, 10:11 AM

Regular

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jul 14 2011, 09:56 AM)
hi kenji

Im a fan of swissvax myself. for me they have the best wax ever. nice smell and absolutely no powedery residue left over. i apply it using my palm and my hand dont feel dirty at all. i sold mine to a LYN forumer after done PPS. I was too lazy to wax. I still have their car bath and leather cleaning set.

I just done SG a day ago.
yeah... but swissvax is one of the more expensive waxes around... where did you do yours and how much was it? forgot mine, few years back, i think it's like RM300+ for the wax, then RM80+ for per waxing session...

so SG is good? how is it compared to Swissvax?
+Quote Post
idoblu
post Jul 14 2011, 10:17 AM

Stars For Sale

I bought my swisswax stuff at mont kiara. im not sure they are still at the same place as these was way back in 2005.

if you use their wax and have them to it for you, i think only about RM180 all in - wash, claybar, cleaning fluid, wax. the price depends on which wax you wanna use.

yes to buy a small tub, i think i got the concorso is 300 something.

Is SG good? Okay la, for 600 its worth it. better than paying 180 every 2 or 3 months right. No more wax for me
+Quote Post
clawhammer
post Jul 14 2011, 12:47 PM

///M
Group Icon

QUOTE(Matrix @ Jul 14 2011, 09:54 AM)
You not scared ar?? You spent RM 4K for autofoam which only "improves slightly" in the noise supression....sweat.gif..
Haha, it's ok boss biggrin.gif Never try, never know. I have to admit I've indeed try many stuffs in the market every now and then. Some are great, some are horrible. I remember paying RM200-300 for polishing work that ended up with swirl mark all over my car so thinking of it this way, why not try Sierra Glow? Who knows I'm happy with it laugh.gif Most importantly is the value for money that we spent. Autofoam really overpriced, haha.
+Quote Post
Matrix
post Jul 14 2011, 02:07 PM

King of Char Siew!

QUOTE(clawhammer @ Jul 14 2011, 12:47 PM)
Haha, it's ok boss biggrin.gif Never try, never know. I have to admit I've indeed try many stuffs in the market every now and then. Some are great, some are horrible. I remember paying RM200-300 for polishing work that ended up with swirl mark all over my car so thinking of it this way, why not try Sierra Glow? Who knows I'm happy with it laugh.gif Most importantly is the value for money that we spent. Autofoam really overpriced, haha.
I was plannning to go do autofoam this weekend. Thanks to you, plan cancelled. biggrin.gif Now thinking of SG again....tongue.gif...too tired to wash and wax my Inspira every weekend...when r u going to SG?? I think i have to take leave for a day to go there...weekend forever full...
+Quote Post
SeanWong
post Jul 14 2011, 02:55 PM

Getting Started

for a lazy ppl like me, SG is just perfectly meet my expectation as i no longer need to wax/polish the car and sweating like hell just to make the car shinning for lets say 2 weeks? Then have to re-do again after 2 weeks damn tiring man..

now maybe 1 or 2 weeks time i just occassionally spray water to my car, use microfiber cloth to dry it, less than 15 min completed the job tongue.gif and most importantly, it still shine and the surface smooth like silk with just a simple spray and dry job.

With the small amount of money spend, me myself think this is absolutely worth every penny of my money. I save my time & energy right now, what can you ask for more (with that amount of money spend)? thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
Xonius
post Jul 14 2011, 03:09 PM

Y U NO MAD???

Am an SG user as well, so far i'm pretty satisfied, my car shines like it has just been waxed after every visit to the car wash.

But i'm kinda worried that some of the glass glow used have been removed by stubborn dirt when it was washed and wiped. Need to go and get it back to SG for a complete check up as i park my car under the sun most of the time.

So far saved me quite a sum of money from all the waxing/polishing.
+Quote Post
clawhammer
post Jul 14 2011, 10:19 PM

///M
Group Icon

QUOTE(Matrix @ Jul 14 2011, 02:07 PM)
I was plannning to go do autofoam this weekend. Thanks to you, plan cancelled. biggrin.gif Now thinking of SG again....tongue.gif...too tired to wash and wax my Inspira every weekend...when r u going to SG?? I think i have to take leave for a day to go there...weekend forever full...
LOL! You can give it a shot on Autofoam if you want but this time around, I won't be an idiot letting them take away RM4K+ for that small difference it made. Perhaps I'll do only undercarriage (if I have nothing else to do) tongue.gif Now, it's Sierra Glow in the priority list.

This post has been edited by clawhammer: Jul 14 2011, 10:19 PM
+Quote Post
dRaKoZ
post Jul 18 2011, 11:50 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(SeanWong @ Jul 13 2011, 05:58 PM)
Self-explanatory dry.gif

Source: http://forum.autoworld.com.my/index.php?sh...ic=89680&st=600

try to read through the forum from page 1 until the latest you'll know how many have been satisfy with their work. and some of them now more than 2 years still get the shinning effect and water bead (provided you still wash your car regulary and no need wax/polish) whistling.gif
yo dude, i believe i did more research than you and i have been up with products in the market with my cars.
I have used SierraGlow, PPS, and DiamondBrite. I have each coating on different car. Read about Teflon and understand how it actually works dude! Teflon doesn't stick. SierraGlow is silica base that i can't say much but you might have issue on respraying your car in years to come. I did more research than you and i also tried understanding the chemical formula that is placed on Mr Chong's SG whiteboard. Do you understand it? I do so rather than you trying to judge me in my experience i think you better not.
+Quote Post
clawhammer
post Jul 19 2011, 12:39 AM

///M
Group Icon

Bro dRaKoZ, repainting will not be a problem because before they spray paint the car, they will sandpaper the surface and patch it up so that everything is smooth before proceeding biggrin.gif

Anyway just to share with the rest, I did my silica coat at Sierra Glow last weekend and I'm very happy with the results so far. My only worry is if it'll work just as good after 3-6 months. Here are some shots taken at Sierra Glow.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
+Quote Post
lowyatsuperman
post Sep 23 2011, 03:22 PM

I came across this cheaper DIY PPS 5-star shine. Anyone tried it?

Link: www.5starshine.com
+Quote Post
uptrend
post Jul 15 2012, 05:13 PM

when can i do Siera Glow in Penang?
+Quote Post
yruns1
post Aug 19 2012, 04:00 PM

Group: New Member

QUOTE(ZaX17 @ Oct 8 2010, 03:31 PM)
As from the topic, Polarized Paint Protection System (PPS) vs. Sierra Glow (SG), which one is better?

I just got my new car and I planned to do either one of it, but I can't decide which one is better. I prefer to have the protection layer rather than wax/polishing car monthly because I find overall these two methods are more cost saving in long term (5 years warranty) and most importantly, I'm too lazy to send my car for wax/polish every month.

Here is the link for both products:

Polarized Paint Protection Shield (PPS)

Sierra Glow
Both of them are offering 5 years warranty but Sierra Glow is slightly cheaper than PPS. PPS required touch up every half year and cost about RM100+.
I hope PPS and SG users can give some feedback.
How about Permanon?
+Quote Post
smwah
post Aug 19 2012, 06:40 PM

Glad to be Here
Group Icon

my car some animal scratch, does SG do the polish before doing the SG coating?

+Quote Post
ZeroSP
post Sep 1 2012, 05:03 AM

Getting Started

[quote=sam sam,Jan 2 2012, 08:56 AM]

If you want to test how good your coating there is a product by Optimum distribute by KC called power clean, dilute it to 1:5 concentration spray it to the coating. if after the spraying if it still water beads great. So far i know sierra glow even gzox is not able to stand the watered down power clean

I personally use a coating from King's Coat from Carzmo even at full strength of power clean it can still water bead. I only paid Rm800 for a very special price but i am bias a little bit towards KC's opti-coat 2.0 learn alot from him. King Coat's can take mild polish on the coat and its true 7H. Had a few fender benders and the coating hold up well after cleaning with very strong cleaners

before getting the king's coat, they demo the coating can take wax, then polish and then finally compound.
this were all done manually

so if you want to get a good coating do consider the above. Don't waste your money on the more commercialize stuff and make sure they can deliver the above because you need all the above to maintain the shine and the durability too

So, forget about Sierra and Gzox...

+Quote Post
D_Y2k.4^
post Sep 15 2012, 01:55 PM

Enriching Your Lifestyle!

ANyone used Optimum or Permanon?
+Quote Post
pscholes1901
post Nov 6 2012, 12:12 PM

i wonder what is covered under both the 5 years warranty which was given by both PPS and SG? anyone can advice?
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1056sec    1.17    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 02:58 PM