Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Malaysia engineers are very lazy unlike Germans, GERMANY official had spoken to Malaysia.

views

bbmars
post Oct 3 2010, 08:27 PM

On my way
545 posts

QUOTE(quest_5692 @ Oct 2 2010, 04:53 PM)
design engineers. thats one of the main diff. a good scenario. my uncle say he has 13 master engineers under him. 1 chinese very good in theory, design nuclear plant so perfect but its not practical at all because that fking dude nvr thought of budget, market, safety, practical onot. unlike those german engineers can provide the best designs because they were grown up in such environment. butthurt.

about pay. in switzerland, a cashier or toilet lady earn rm12k per month, could hardly survive in zurich. a master freshman in engineering can earn.......rm18k per month, couldnt even afford a family in decent living.

the diff is only 6k, which is peanut. so dun complain.
I support your arguement. By the way, Engineers in today's world, most not wanting to dirty their hands. That's waht my US vendors told me, they are getting too much degree till they didn't know how to hand their design. I don't know about you, unless there are already standards in design application, oherwise, why don't a designer go down on the field to at least see his design being implemented, look at whatever possible problems that may arises?

By the way, I am and engineer and a hands on person. Don't point design something, everything will works, but at what expenses? OR worse still, don't work and soemone correct your istake and make it work. At the end of the day, what do the engineer learn? This happen to one of the former company I worked with. Another case, Engineer in oil field, US consultants told me engineer don't wnat to go to the field to inspect their design as the design only need to put together some standardised detail parts together to form a complete unit as a whole. I can't recall what that was as it was already some 17 yrs ago.

Don't mean to demean engineers here, but there are as many, good at talking but not in application.
bbmars
post Oct 4 2010, 08:39 PM

On my way
545 posts

QUOTE(vapeace @ Oct 4 2010, 02:37 AM)

In malaysia, how rare u see big project that need creative thinking ? bina jalan ? bina jambatan ?
i used to be in maintenance, the proper procedure when machine spoil is, check the machine 1st, if under warranty call the vendor for technical assistant, if unable to locate fault,call the vendor technician over to have a check up 

nvr ever repair the machine yourself.. so it almost like a desk job.. all those enthusiasm to becoming engineer soon lost in time
tepuk dada tanya selera

if boss ask u go site, dont tell me u sincerely go without complaining or whining a single bit even to yourself
it goes from the top to bottom regardless of ranks
it the mentality of all Malaysian, i have meet foreigner engineer,, i admit they are very initiative, they even work like kuli just to fix thing on time, while i saw my junior just laughing off at one side.
of course i feel malu and decide to go help them and build some relation
You have some truth in what you said. Sometimes, its n ot just laziness. Problem is, when people started out sourcing to cut cost and optimise their resources.... this is going to happen. Like say, Big MNC project let to Sub-con. Sub-con do everything to do resolve any problems because they want the business. So Engineers in MNC... .ha..ha... what do you think they will do? Easy job, anything don't know, call Sub-con. This is happeing in SG. Those who really know their stuff are the smaller compaines.. The big MNC... NOT all engineers are like that, but mostly talk big and work with their mouth. So you have engineers on one hand, know everything. On the other hand, engineers also know nothing but talk only
bbmars
post Oct 4 2010, 08:48 PM

On my way
545 posts

QUOTE(vapeace @ Oct 4 2010, 03:03 AM)
where u get this info ? as far i know ppl there even if u from SG or MY or Japan they still see u as asian
Yes, see you as asian, however, there are some truth when I was in Germany. At munich airport on transit, I was carrying my camera and was asked to take a photo shot using the camera. Those days, they suspected that I am from China and my camera could have been used to store drugs. When at the company for training, the staff there expected some form of standard from you.

Of course, there are also the bad ones. Just that expectation varies. Just like, when I was at Frankfurt Airport buying chocolate at duty free shop and waiting for my turn to pay at the counter. The couple in front of me pay by credit card and the staff, flip his card all over and finally refused to accept it after asking some questions. That couple had to pay by CASH. When it was my turn, the staff immediately recognised my card and knew where I was from. NO question was asked and card payment excepted

I mean, its really up to us asians to change that perception, it just can't happen over night.

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0185sec    0.60    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:09 PM