Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

New Altis D-VVTI vs Sylphy

views

hosiery2u
post Oct 1 2010, 11:02 AM

Getting Started
78 posts

QUOTE(kingoffighter @ Oct 1 2010, 10:27 AM)
Hi All,

Which car is more worthy to buy between New Altis D-VVTI and Sylphy?
From my research, Sylphy seems to have high chance of getting dashboard and steering noise. For a car over 100k, it will be really intolerable with this kind of noise.

But in price wise, Sylphy is much cheaper and can save about RM10k.

Can anyone pls enlighten me which one is better?
Thank you very much in adv.
The steering and the dashboard noise was yesterday issue already and fixed. For both cars, in terms of comfortable, noise insulation and interior space, Sylphy will be the winner, especially the interior space and noise insulation. For handling, I think both car almost the same because I read a magazine from Taiwan and they tested these 2 cars and the result almost the same, just that Sylphy ahead of the Altis by very tiny margin, so for me, both just the same.
hosiery2u
post Oct 1 2010, 07:07 PM

Getting Started
78 posts

QUOTE(kevin23 @ Oct 1 2010, 06:27 PM)
Take the Altis.Its a joy to drive.

Slphy engine is smooth,but cuz of the CVT,lacks the oomph.The driving experience feels very bland just like the latio sport 1.6.I thought it was nice to drive,but when i test drove it,the engine was just too "WEAK"...

For RM 132k ,the altis is worth it.And you get excellent service at Toyota service centres.
I assume you didn't know what is TS asking! Altis 2.0 and Sylphy 2.0 both is using CVT gear. And the difference in between these 2 cars are the Altis can be changed the gear "manually" which is computer will fix the ratio for the CVT. Sylphy didn't have such feature. Sylphy engine is too "WEAK", then I think you get it wrong, not the engine weak, but the CVT gear make the engine quieter because the RPM can't go beyond 2K in normal driving condition, unless you switch it to "SPORT" mode.

Dual VVT-i actually is just the same as the Nissan CVTC, both of this engine offer the valve timing control for the intake and exhaust valves, not like the old VVT-i or VTC on Sentra, only offer the valve timing control for the intake valves only. And the Toyota service is excellent, I was wondering whether you are lucky or what, but I still believe some of the service center is very polite and the service is good, but some is just damn....,

in my opinion, Sylphy isn't cheaper than Altis if you compare the features and gadgets that Toyota Altis offer. But one word, looking for good handling car, please avoid these 2 cars, if looking for comfortable and quiet ride, just take the Sylphy and you won't regret, as for Altis, if you like the TOYOTA brand more than anything, no offence, just take it!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0170sec    0.39    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:45 PM