Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

New Altis D-VVTI vs Sylphy

views

eddie_al
post Oct 5 2010, 10:56 PM

Getting Started
105 posts

QUOTE(dstl1128 @ Oct 5 2010, 04:12 PM)
Sylphy doesn't eletronically 'virtualized' the fake 7 speed on a perfectly infinite ratio gearbox. If they wanted too, any CVT gearbox, they could just make it +1 more 'gear' then the competitor.

Altis does it, and so is the CVT in previous gen Honda City. Just a syiok sendiri thing for people that need to have the feel of 'gear change'.

My ideal way of CVT is that the ECU (or TCU) will correctly optimizes the 'gear' ratio continuously under all condition in all situation without the annoying gear hunting (or gear faking) found in convention AT. For example:
- D: normal mode, fuel economy and stably increase speed, will maintain low revs while having reasonable pickup.
- S: sport mode, fastest way to accelerate and increase speed and f*** fuel economy.

Added on October 5, 2010, 4:14 pm
Altis 1.6 is getting the lousy 4AT (UMWT can match the 1.6 engine with CVT anyway, they just didn't). So why get it? I'll give 100% vote to Sylphy if comparing Altis 1.6 to Sylphy. Heck, get Kia Forte 1.6 instead if you go for Altis 1.6. f*** resale value as Forte is already many thousands lesser. The only (in some way stupid) reason not to get Kia is the chance of getting a good SC.
For Altis, the deal is on 1.8G. Other variant is either lousy or overpriced.
i think he missed out (probably skipped) the explanation on Altis's virtual 7 speed. that's why the term virtual. they've already explained it, it was made so to simulate conventional gear change. but in actual implementation, CVT has no actual fixed gear ratios.

btw, the 2.0 altis is such a dissapointment. the pricing, argh...wth. and it's not even the best spec toyota has, and yet UMW sees it fit to sell it here at 10K premium over the 1.8. i think it's about time buyers show them some consumer power. always taking us for a ride.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0192sec    0.26    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:27 AM