QUOTE(cybermaster98 @ Oct 8 2010, 04:03 PM)
If you know me well enuf, u would have known that there are a number of makes within my family (but no Nissan). Anyway, i asked 5 questions which reflect my experience with a number of Toyota SC. And i also said that should you experience the same with Nissan then you would be at par. So if you say im wrong in my assessment, kindly tell me in which way does Nissan sidestep Toyota? I would like to know and correct my wrong assumptions if so.
Please refer below for the experience from nissan
Will Nissan SC stay open for you till 11pm just to allow u to collect your car for an important meeting the next day?
Does Nissan provide u with a replacement car should you car require prolonged inspections to identify a problem?
Does Nissan allow u to drop off your car the night before for service the next day and then deliver your car to u after completion(within a certain range)?
Does Nissan replace certain non critical items for u for free (e.g wipers) if they've kept u waiting too long or inconvenienced you in any way?[
Does Nissan give u a car & engine wash plus clean your windscreens with chemical plus silicon all your power windows for smooth operation for FREE?
- Nissan offered to drive the car to my house instead of me going to their shop to collect myself.
- They even offer me a temporary car while waiting for the arrival of the new car.
- Kept me waited for long hour? They already told me how long it is going to take to service my car so once i agreed I have no rights to make noise right? If
they can't deliver on time they their KPI sure will drop thus lead to poor service.
- Never experience this before so no comment BUT I DO NOT DARE to leave my car overnight at SC provided that my car still can move.
- Nissan do provide free car wash and vacuum. Not very sure any other chemical used coz I just lazy to stand there and watch they wash my car. Their SC even provide FREE astro, FREE coffee, FREE wifi and FREE ice-cream as well!!
On top of that, they also offer to help me renew road tax/insurance. After a month usage, the sales person and a customer service rep gave me a call to ask whether there is any problem with my car or not. They even conducted phone survey on the sales service and after sales services that they provided me.
These are my experience while I was looking to buy car that time:
Toyota sales branch : Sales person quite reluctant to serve me, even I test drive the car, he was like controlling me which way to go. I was like WTF, I am test driving the car so which way I want to go is my choice (Of course I won't go into parit and do those drifting la)
Honda sales branch : Keep condemning other car brand. In sales line there is a taboo where do not ever condemn other product and this is what actually what the salesperson did and for me is not a professional way in sales.
Nissan sales branch : Very friendly salesperson, the salesperson even point out the weakness and strength of each brand. Including the weakness in the nissan car itself!! Quite a honest salesperson.
QUOTE(Human Nature @ Oct 8 2010, 04:19 PM)
You just did what I am thinking to do