Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Saville @ Melawati by MetroKajang, What ya think?

views

kochin
post Oct 16 2010, 01:08 PM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

QUOTE(elanessar @ Oct 15 2010, 09:13 AM)
23rd @ 10am
can anybody tell me where exactly is their office? is it at saville OKR?
i am interested in this project. any bulk purchase? pls pm me. thanks.

btw, is this project freehold and under residential title? how many car parks per unit? having gbi certified is way cool!!!

kochin
post Oct 21 2010, 08:58 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

after much thoughts, here's my views to share with all:
1. environment is considered nice/good (pros more than cons); no doubt some might dispute on cementary and masjid BUT cemetary case is similiar to tropics in ss2, no?
2. freehold is a definite pull factor
3. commercial for residences is actually a con. downside is higher assessment, higher utility bills. but again with genuine GBI, the savings in usage should be able o ofset the differences and more
4. lastly, pricing below rm400/psf is crucial. construction cost psf is staggering nowadays. with so many mega projects coming in, prices is set to escalate more. i recall few years back when china was booming and dubai is still building, malaysia faces huge shortage of steel for construction works. prices were at historical high! if malaysia's mega projects were to start work eg. warisan merdeka, mrt, lrt, etc. i foresee construction costs escalating further and future development will see at least rm500psf.

anyway the above are just IMHO.
i intend to buy still but would very much depends on the final product and freebies offered.
btw, if i buy 2 units, can i get the additional 1.5% for my 2nd unit??
kochin
post Oct 21 2010, 02:03 PM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

QUOTE(Maxsimax @ Oct 21 2010, 11:51 AM)
Well, if the initial price was originally RM200+k or RM300+k as stated by our members, surely the developer has already factored in all the cost as well as profits that they required (My opinion only). I believe this to be the principal in capital planning / investment. For the price to go higher and higher would only gives the impression that the developer wanna profit more and more based on the current trend.

*IF* initially, the developer is already profiting 50%, in the end, they might profit for more than 100%...

If you look at the landed properties around, especially in melawati areas, you may find the prices to be in a range between RM300-400+k. So, what justify the high price for the project..as well as all the hyped up prices for projects around KL/Selangor remains to be speculated, I'm afraid....again, just my thoughts. However, if one would to buy for own stay, still can consider...but, for investment, I might rather splash my cash to those landed property around there, although it may be quite old.
good to see so many feedback after my posting earlier.
i'm buying for investment together with a few partners. so our capital vested would still be low, <RM15-20k per person. we don't mind making less money as long as make money will do. of course, don't hope will lose lah.
3residen did not finish selling mainly because the project 'changed' hand before. although i can't confirm this but from what i'd remember, 3 residen started by other developers selling from rm1xxk onwards. then after awhile only sime took over and started selling like rm4xxk per unit. that is why the sales is reluctant to move. can you imagine paying rm2xxk more for the same unit?
i am using riana green east as a test case. it's doing rather remarkably well for that area. and for a catchment area as big as melawati, there are bound to be a handful of residents who wish to stay in highrise, higher end development. as what a lot of taikor mentioned, the surrounding is cheaper area. landed are also at similiar prices. from history, there should be a group who wants to break out from there. and fortunate or unfortunate, saville seems to be the option to them. when ameera and 5 stones of sdb started selling in ss2, everybody also say sdb gila!
a lot of tarcians also left behind after they graduate. they would continue staying in melawati after joining the working force. this is another big group that wants to upgrade.
having said so, the cons are definitely there as well. PV offers so much more compare to saville price per square feet wise. but on the other end of mrr2, this seems like the only development there besides the exorbitant 3residen. 408 units isn't really a lot compared to other launches which goes up to >1000 units like empire city. chances for flipping would still be there, i think. at least even if people starts to throw prices, it's less damaging compared to >1000 units.
the other crucial factor is metro kajang itself. so far the developer is 'considered' reliable by handing over numerous projects including pelangi sentral, pelangi damansara, saville @ OKR, etc. their pelangi series isn't that impressive but to me saville @ okr is quite decent in terms of looks and design. therefore, by having the ONLY stand out development in that particular area might just what makes it a success. i am referring to sentul east as another example where it raises sentul as a whole.
the above seems biased as i'm quite interested in the development. but as other forummers mentioned, if rm401k for 901 sq ft? then it might not be a feasible buy anymore.
lastly, i would settle for anything at yield of 5.5% actually.
kochin
post Oct 23 2010, 03:15 PM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

ladies and gentlemen,
they are basically 3 layouts to choose from Type a (about 1200 sqft),b (about 1000 sq ft),c(about 900 sq ft). the rest are all penthouse design.
type A 900 sq ft. 3bedroom, 2 bathroom.
type B 1000 sq ft. 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom.
type C 1200 sq ft. 3+1 bedroom, 3 bathroom.
one nice feature is you get a mini store room at the foyer before going through your main door to your unit. ideal for storing some things like golf set or shoes or umbrella, etc.
type A&B comes with 1 CP. type C got 2. type B from 18 floor and above got 2 CP also.
price is confirmed to be from rm340k for 900 sq ft with 1 CP.
ignore the gimmicks of 'free' CP for 1000 sq ft unit from 18 floors onwards as they already 'priced' into the unit. each floor level increase is increased by rm2k per floor. the unit starts from level 7. eg. all type floor to floor increase by rm2k but type B from level 17 jumping to level 18 have an increase of rm20k (there goes your so call free CP).
they have two blocks, block a & b. they are launching block b only currently. block b is the block closer to mrr2.
both blocks have 12 units per floor service by 3 lifts. they have 3 stair core each floor. the highest floor if i recall correctly is 22 storey. total units is 408 units including their penthouses. the units are spread our evenly with 6 units facing one side and the other. the 6 units are further split into threes by the lift core in the center.
all the units are either facing south-east(so called kl view that doesn't seem to have klcc view) or north west(which faces 3 residen and the mountains beyond).
maintenance inclusive of sinking fund is rm0.24 cents per square feet.
title is commercial and freehold. ceiling height was told to be 10.5 ft. showroom is currently displaying 11 feet, so make your own deduction.
no freebies such as AC, kitchen, etc given. they only offer 3% rebate from your 10% downpayment. if u're not bumi, u pay 7%. if u r repeat customer, u get additional 1.5% loyalty rebate.
overall, the sales today was 'rushed'. manpower from MK was short no drinks nor food seen. the personnel manning the people were also not thoroughly briefed. they can't answer most of my questions. no DIBS scheme! meaning you are to start servicing your loan or interest immediately upon progress payment!
now more on pricing. the prices for the cheapest unit is rm340k (type C), rm370k (type B-but i can't confirm this as i can't recall and they remain very secretive on the pricing) and rm408k (type C). no price chart was displayed. only the sales staff were carrying their price kit. generally, kl view is priced higher at rm12k to rm20k difference varying on type. i recall difference was rm20k for type a and rm15k for another type. so that generally gives you an idea of the pricing in general for the entire development.
btw, saville @ okr is currently managed bu henry butcher so maintenance ought to be 'okay'. the parking and made of saville @ OKR generally seems okay with quite good build and quiality although design for CP is quite poor with many blind spots and tight corners.
back to project and its pricing. as you can see, the smallest unit gives the highest per square foot ratio. working out to be rm340k/900sq ft = rm378psf. however the cheapest psf is quite a surprised. rm408k/1200 sq ft=rm340k. that's more than 10% difference for smallest unit versus biggest unit! the pricing simulation above is excluding the 3% for today and 5% gfor bumi and the 1.5% for repeat purchase.
one small detail that you ought to look out for is actually the units differs in actual size a bit. they have something like 900 sq ft and 907 sq ft or something like 1220 sq ft and 1253 sq ft. so please pay attention! so for the cheapest unit with all % discounted, you are able to get <RM300psf therotically!!!
sales? from my last count, so far they have stickers on the chart at about 40 bookings (as of today around noon time). and guess what? MK seems genuine in the case of official launch as they were no stickers previously. starting from a blank chart! something which is a rarity nowadays. but apparently, most of the stickers were from yesterday meaning most purchaser actually book their unit since yesterday. today, the crowd was not really amazing and the take up rate is also not BBB mode. booking is rm3000 and balance within 14 days after. you may use your credit card for the 1st 10% without charge.
hope this information is useful to all.
if you like this, please click +ve for me to gain some "repo" power!
arigato and signing out.

PS: banks are offering BLR-2.2% but might go up to BLR-2.3%.

kochin
post Oct 27 2010, 06:39 PM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

how come no more feedback after my detailed posting?
anybody in here buy? or think it's overpriced?
please share comment.
kochin
post Oct 28 2010, 08:27 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

seems most people is viewing this project as unprofitable for flippers nor renting. what gives?
sime's commercial area is picking up and a untested little bird chirps that their resi will be next launched at rm600psf for min 1000 sq ft!!!
benchmarking against 3 residen is still compared 'cheap'.
ultimately selling price for larger units at <RM320-330 is very attractive wor. bonus of freehold, gbi certified?
am i missing something that you guys are not telling?
to buy or not to buy? that is the question!
kochin
post Oct 28 2010, 11:13 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

QUOTE(moonh @ Oct 28 2010, 09:54 AM)
It depends on your level of exposure & ‘case studies’. If I can compare:
- why pay rm350k-rm400k if u can get Titiwangsa Sentral subsale at rm400k now (judging from adverts only). completed in june next year, and I think it has brighter prospect than this.
- some studios in KL city centre are going for less than rm350k now, giving u up to rm2k monthly rental. why wait 3 years?
- why not PV condo in tmn melati? Got LRT & food aplenty.

Is it an automatic 30% cap appreciation upon vp that u expect?
Is it difference in valuation the reason for not buying subsale?
Low dp for new project?
How much is your expected rental?

IMO, if the shoplots below prosper, the residentials will follow suit.
scheme offered by MK is quite unattractive. no DIBS. no freebies such as AC, heaters, kitchen, cabinets, etc.
on the +ve side, it's close to TAR College.
rental? targetting to secure at least rm2k for the biggest unit (3+1 rooms) with 3 bathrooms. i think the smaller units will be less competitive.
cap appreciation? agree it's more for own stay ready than investing. so targetting small family or newly weds? maybe can target 20%?

may i know how big is TS @ RM400k? how is it possible that they are able to subsale when it's still under construction?
kochin
post Oct 28 2010, 11:42 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

QUOTE(airline @ Oct 28 2010, 11:16 AM)
any property can do subsale under-constuction. 1,100sq feet.
unless developer dont allow.
400k for 1,100 sq ft is rm363psf for PV. how many CP and maintenance fees pls? how much r they renting out? how much was original price?

saville is approx starting from rm408k (before discount) for 1200+ sqft.
on paper value, saville is actually pricing themselves similiar to present PV price or slightly lower.
kochin
post Nov 30 2010, 01:24 PM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

any updates for this development?
seems like nobody bought any unit from his forum?
70% finally working or is this just a lousy product?
anyway, would appreciate if anybody can provide any sort of update here.
previously, the sales people mentioned they are gonna increase price. not so sure if that materialised.
thanks.
kochin
post Jan 10 2011, 10:11 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

launch long time already how to have private preview somemore? unless it's for 2nd block and 1st block sold out liao?
lol.
kochin
post Jan 28 2011, 11:37 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

QUOTE(teoanne @ Jan 22 2011, 12:52 AM)
looks like got DIBS. dp only 3k. wops, not selling well?

http://www.malaysiapropertynews.net/2011/0...for-sale-2.html
anybody went to check out the sales?
i thought the retail units was selling fast?
no idea though on their 2nd block sales and on whether any revision in prices?
if they open 2nd block, does that mean 1st block more or less sold out dy?
the DIBS and 3k downpayment is only valid for bumiputra and still with T&C. saw it in fine print in their ads.

kochin
post Mar 9 2011, 03:37 PM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

anybody got the latest sales figure for this project and its pricing?
thanks.

thumbnail pic is sometime in november 2010.

This post has been edited by kochin: Mar 9 2011, 03:37 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
kochin
post Mar 14 2011, 08:59 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

QUOTE(abgkik @ Mar 14 2011, 12:22 AM)
I'm new in this Low Yat..

kochin.. I just visited MK sales office at Old Klang Road.. Not Bad.. Its about >80% sold.. according to sales manager, the ground work will be completed very soon (end of March)..

If "really" Sime Darby taking care Melawati, it will become new hot spot..
thank you for your feedback.
is it 80% sold for entire project or just 1 block?
any changes to their pricing from their 1st launch?
3 residen is looking marvellous by the way.
thanks again!

PS: did you get a unit?
kochin
post Mar 15 2011, 08:23 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

340k was the cheapest unit for the smallest and lowest floor. it was sold on the first day itself (same with all other development lah), cheapest unit always sold out want.
ipod/ipad from MK, no wor, how to get one?
kochin
post Mar 17 2011, 09:19 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

QUOTE(SG hardcore @ Mar 16 2011, 07:37 PM)
Hi guys, what is selling price psf in average? Any freebie? Confirm no DIBS?
i got a suggestion for you.
why don't you go and pay a visit to them in saville, old klang road?
pressed for details. demand for discounts.

PS: do ask if got referal rebates. i don't mind you quoting me and we share share the rebate! thumbup.gif

usually the 2nd block is 10% higher than 1st block pricing. that's in general lah.
so i'm guessing pricing should be <rm450psf.
good lulck and do keep us inform on your findings.
PM me if you require any other information.
kochin
post Mar 21 2011, 09:34 AM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

i found it strange that metro kajang who was present in MAPEX did not advertise saville at all.
so my only conclusion is that saville needs no more advertising?
would appreciate if forummers here can share with me their opinions.

PS: MAPEX update
1. Sunsuria was there but they did not advertise KD's the core
2. I&P gave a sneak preview of what's happening to Temasya Glenmarie within this year!
3. foresee a super BBB for a project in Sentul
kochin
post Mar 21 2011, 02:04 PM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

very blur pic but thank you nevertheless.
from counting, still got a whopping 99units left.
so it's only about approx 75% sold.
surprisingly, hill view is more favoured compared to supposedly kl view.

kochin
post Mar 21 2011, 02:58 PM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

QUOTE(abgkik @ Mar 21 2011, 02:51 PM)
took pic using my old BB.. wink.gif
maybe bukit tabur view is cheaper than KL view..
it's okay, so long as somebody update it here.
btw, u still haven't tell me how to get the ipod/ipad ler.
which unit you buy?
kochin
post Mar 21 2011, 03:29 PM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

QUOTE(ahhoe80 @ Mar 21 2011, 03:21 PM)
i asked the sales peeps, how many units per floor and he told me 18 units per floor? wont it be too congested?
you can ask whether the sales peep knows his/her stuff or not? simple plan also dunno how to read.
12 units per floor lah. rclxub.gif
kochin
post Mar 21 2011, 04:30 PM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

QUOTE(abgkik @ Mar 21 2011, 04:21 PM)
he he he biggrin.gif .. when you sign S & P, you will get free Ipod touch lor... the latest if i'm not mistaken you will get Ipad..
I bought a corner unit, bukit tabur view from balcony and view KLCC from master bedroom, room 3, maid room and kitchen balcony.. 18th floor..

how bout you kochin? which unit you have purchased?
bukit tabur view corner unit, away from mrr2. errr... podium view from master bedroom? can see tarcian budak swimming lah. hehe!
i got no ipod/ipad wor. think i can demand from them?
but got something much better... 5% discount for a non bumi. i think from the savings can buy 10 ipad.

Added on March 21, 2011, 4:39 pm
QUOTE(ahhoe80 @ Mar 21 2011, 04:08 PM)
12 issit.. then not too bad i presume?

im pretty much undecided on:

- Saville @ Melawati
- Serin @ Cyberjaya
- 288 Residency @ Setapak
- Setapak Green @ well.. setapak..
- Z Residency @ Bukit Jalil <- havent view yet sad.gif

any advise??

newbie here...  blush.gif
serin - FH and 600 units. decent facilities. potential MMU students for rentals but fierce competition from the arc by andaman.
saville - FH and 396 units. decent facilities. gbi certified. potential tarcians for rentals. competition from PV
288 residency/setapak green - already so many discussion in their respective threads.
z residency - freehold amd >1000 units. dunno who is the potential target for rentals.

for me, i look at units which are easiest to rent out. worse case scenario, i only pay rm500 max to sustain the properties while the unit is rented out. capital app is a bonus. i prefer long term even though -ve cashflow. at least i'm only paying like 20% of the property price and ultimately property belongs to me.
but that's just my 2 yen

This post has been edited by kochin: Mar 21 2011, 04:39 PM

20 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0560sec    0.92    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:58 PM