Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

86 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Saville @ Melawati by MetroKajang, What ya think?

views

yoki
post Oct 21 2010, 09:41 AM

Regular
1,313 posts

if buy for own stay, anywhere also can as long as comfortable and know well of the location

seeing the price so bouyant all developers gonna keep builiding and buidling

if Sime Darby cannot fully sell project, it roughly tells something right
jex-koi
post Oct 21 2010, 10:41 AM

Getting Started
265 posts

Where is the location exactly ? Can't find it in google maps.
airline
post Oct 21 2010, 10:47 AM

7 stars
7,923 posts

3 residen is close to 4 years or more.. since launch. went there many years ago
yoki
post Oct 21 2010, 10:49 AM

Regular
1,313 posts

and 3 residen still not yet sold out???
moonh
post Oct 21 2010, 10:57 AM

Getting Started
165 posts

Info as per approved permit:
min price is RM 401,700.00, 18 floors, 408 units, freehold

maybe got early bird disc.
yoki
post Oct 21 2010, 11:03 AM

Regular
1,313 posts

QUOTE(moonh @ Oct 21 2010, 10:57 AM)

walau eh from 340k to 401k for 900sqft mid floor mar at least 430k?
got to rent 2k maintenance 200 to cover cost man

3% early bird = also need 420k
good luck to BBB pple, I will pass on this
airline
post Oct 21 2010, 11:05 AM

7 stars
7,923 posts

but new projects all also around this price. kota damansara, empire city, cheras...
yoki
post Oct 21 2010, 11:18 AM

Regular
1,313 posts

no offence kota damansara, cheras, PJ
more 'wong', more alot chinese suppport the market and commercial activities
this part of melawati is malay area if i m not mistaken, mosque and graveyard, you name it they have it
i dun think malay will buy from you they will have bumi discount

Maxsimax
post Oct 21 2010, 11:26 AM

Getting Started
186 posts

QUOTE(winterad99 @ Oct 21 2010, 09:27 AM)
Cementary may be not a big issue...
But the masjid, everyday 5am alarm clock, think twice, think third if flipping....
Well, IMHO, cementary will not be a big issue as it is not the direct opposite of the building....

Yes, although, masjid is quite near, but, most housing areas now have at least 1 built within it.

In any case, don't think these 2 factors would influence much on the decision to buy. most important will be convenience, safety and future planning for the surrounding area. Anyway, the price seems rather high-end for the product offered (My thought only...no base). Wonder if there's any rooms left for price increment, after all, its not a landed unit. hmm.gif hmm.gif

Added on October 21, 2010, 11:30 am
QUOTE(airline @ Oct 21 2010, 11:05 AM)
but new projects all also around this price. kota damansara, empire city, cheras...
tongue.gif tongue.gif Don't think you can compare the prices from those areas with this area, though. Like what others had pointed out, need to compare also the facilities and amnesties available in this area. Although, its within a driving distance to major shopping centres like Giant, Jusco, Carrefour etc...but, still........ hmm.gif

This post has been edited by Maxsimax: Oct 21 2010, 11:30 AM
yoki
post Oct 21 2010, 11:32 AM

Regular
1,313 posts

the price point is definately on the high side
it is from 340k to 402k 20% up
the developer already makan ur capital gain already, crazy
think that the 900sqft can go up to 500-550k?
some more it is quite dense
elanessar
post Oct 21 2010, 11:32 AM

44 posts

are you sure? where do u guys get info from?

as per confirm...its only 338k for 900sqft
hallas82
post Oct 21 2010, 11:37 AM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(elanessar @ Oct 21 2010, 11:32 AM)
are you sure? where do u guys get info from?

as per confirm...its only 338k for 900sqft
initially was 280K onwards..... i think someone from metrokajang must have monitored this thread, so the price keep increasing..... maybe when u go there on Sat, the selling price from 450K.... who knows.... for sure i will go there to eat and dabao balik......

Maxsimax
post Oct 21 2010, 11:51 AM

Getting Started
186 posts

QUOTE(yoki @ Oct 21 2010, 11:32 AM)
the price point is definately on the high side
it is from 340k to 402k 20% up
the developer already makan ur capital gain already, crazy
think that the 900sqft can go up to 500-550k?
some more it is quite dense
Well, if the initial price was originally RM200+k or RM300+k as stated by our members, surely the developer has already factored in all the cost as well as profits that they required (My opinion only). I believe this to be the principal in capital planning / investment. For the price to go higher and higher would only gives the impression that the developer wanna profit more and more based on the current trend.

*IF* initially, the developer is already profiting 50%, in the end, they might profit for more than 100%...

If you look at the landed properties around, especially in melawati areas, you may find the prices to be in a range between RM300-400+k. So, what justify the high price for the project..as well as all the hyped up prices for projects around KL/Selangor remains to be speculated, I'm afraid....again, just my thoughts. However, if one would to buy for own stay, still can consider...but, for investment, I might rather splash my cash to those landed property around there, although it may be quite old.
kochin
post Oct 21 2010, 02:03 PM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

QUOTE(Maxsimax @ Oct 21 2010, 11:51 AM)
Well, if the initial price was originally RM200+k or RM300+k as stated by our members, surely the developer has already factored in all the cost as well as profits that they required (My opinion only). I believe this to be the principal in capital planning / investment. For the price to go higher and higher would only gives the impression that the developer wanna profit more and more based on the current trend.

*IF* initially, the developer is already profiting 50%, in the end, they might profit for more than 100%...

If you look at the landed properties around, especially in melawati areas, you may find the prices to be in a range between RM300-400+k. So, what justify the high price for the project..as well as all the hyped up prices for projects around KL/Selangor remains to be speculated, I'm afraid....again, just my thoughts. However, if one would to buy for own stay, still can consider...but, for investment, I might rather splash my cash to those landed property around there, although it may be quite old.
good to see so many feedback after my posting earlier.
i'm buying for investment together with a few partners. so our capital vested would still be low, <RM15-20k per person. we don't mind making less money as long as make money will do. of course, don't hope will lose lah.
3residen did not finish selling mainly because the project 'changed' hand before. although i can't confirm this but from what i'd remember, 3 residen started by other developers selling from rm1xxk onwards. then after awhile only sime took over and started selling like rm4xxk per unit. that is why the sales is reluctant to move. can you imagine paying rm2xxk more for the same unit?
i am using riana green east as a test case. it's doing rather remarkably well for that area. and for a catchment area as big as melawati, there are bound to be a handful of residents who wish to stay in highrise, higher end development. as what a lot of taikor mentioned, the surrounding is cheaper area. landed are also at similiar prices. from history, there should be a group who wants to break out from there. and fortunate or unfortunate, saville seems to be the option to them. when ameera and 5 stones of sdb started selling in ss2, everybody also say sdb gila!
a lot of tarcians also left behind after they graduate. they would continue staying in melawati after joining the working force. this is another big group that wants to upgrade.
having said so, the cons are definitely there as well. PV offers so much more compare to saville price per square feet wise. but on the other end of mrr2, this seems like the only development there besides the exorbitant 3residen. 408 units isn't really a lot compared to other launches which goes up to >1000 units like empire city. chances for flipping would still be there, i think. at least even if people starts to throw prices, it's less damaging compared to >1000 units.
the other crucial factor is metro kajang itself. so far the developer is 'considered' reliable by handing over numerous projects including pelangi sentral, pelangi damansara, saville @ OKR, etc. their pelangi series isn't that impressive but to me saville @ okr is quite decent in terms of looks and design. therefore, by having the ONLY stand out development in that particular area might just what makes it a success. i am referring to sentul east as another example where it raises sentul as a whole.
the above seems biased as i'm quite interested in the development. but as other forummers mentioned, if rm401k for 901 sq ft? then it might not be a feasible buy anymore.
lastly, i would settle for anything at yield of 5.5% actually.
moonh
post Oct 21 2010, 06:09 PM

Getting Started
165 posts

rm401,700 is the min approved price. means that the min price stated in the brochure (the small print which states min & max price).
if price is from rm340k this sat, means got discount. developer will slowly increase the price for the remaining units. this was developer's tactic during their recent launch in kajang.

great analysis, kochin.

3residen was above rm250k when launched by Negara Properties in 2007. yes, lots of tarcians stayed around here after graduating, esp in pv projects & around setapak/jln genting klang. lots of 2nd gen melawatians are also quite reluctant to get out of melawati as this is a nice area to live. not sure whether they can afford it though.

nikyas
post Oct 23 2010, 01:12 PM

On my way
545 posts

R u sure this is the price for melawati saville? If I'm not mistaken there is one other saville at old klang road.

Today's lauching is for melawati or old klang road?
airline
post Oct 23 2010, 01:26 PM

7 stars
7,923 posts

today melawati. old klang road people staying liao
aeronlim
post Oct 23 2010, 02:16 PM

Casual
370 posts

The price of this unit, 1000psf alrdy RM380K, do u all think quite good for invest or not?
airline
post Oct 23 2010, 02:17 PM

7 stars
7,923 posts

what is the price like... those who happen to go there.
kochin
post Oct 23 2010, 03:15 PM

I just hope I do!
All Stars
10,278 posts

ladies and gentlemen,
they are basically 3 layouts to choose from Type a (about 1200 sqft),b (about 1000 sq ft),c(about 900 sq ft). the rest are all penthouse design.
type A 900 sq ft. 3bedroom, 2 bathroom.
type B 1000 sq ft. 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom.
type C 1200 sq ft. 3+1 bedroom, 3 bathroom.
one nice feature is you get a mini store room at the foyer before going through your main door to your unit. ideal for storing some things like golf set or shoes or umbrella, etc.
type A&B comes with 1 CP. type C got 2. type B from 18 floor and above got 2 CP also.
price is confirmed to be from rm340k for 900 sq ft with 1 CP.
ignore the gimmicks of 'free' CP for 1000 sq ft unit from 18 floors onwards as they already 'priced' into the unit. each floor level increase is increased by rm2k per floor. the unit starts from level 7. eg. all type floor to floor increase by rm2k but type B from level 17 jumping to level 18 have an increase of rm20k (there goes your so call free CP).
they have two blocks, block a & b. they are launching block b only currently. block b is the block closer to mrr2.
both blocks have 12 units per floor service by 3 lifts. they have 3 stair core each floor. the highest floor if i recall correctly is 22 storey. total units is 408 units including their penthouses. the units are spread our evenly with 6 units facing one side and the other. the 6 units are further split into threes by the lift core in the center.
all the units are either facing south-east(so called kl view that doesn't seem to have klcc view) or north west(which faces 3 residen and the mountains beyond).
maintenance inclusive of sinking fund is rm0.24 cents per square feet.
title is commercial and freehold. ceiling height was told to be 10.5 ft. showroom is currently displaying 11 feet, so make your own deduction.
no freebies such as AC, kitchen, etc given. they only offer 3% rebate from your 10% downpayment. if u're not bumi, u pay 7%. if u r repeat customer, u get additional 1.5% loyalty rebate.
overall, the sales today was 'rushed'. manpower from MK was short no drinks nor food seen. the personnel manning the people were also not thoroughly briefed. they can't answer most of my questions. no DIBS scheme! meaning you are to start servicing your loan or interest immediately upon progress payment!
now more on pricing. the prices for the cheapest unit is rm340k (type C), rm370k (type B-but i can't confirm this as i can't recall and they remain very secretive on the pricing) and rm408k (type C). no price chart was displayed. only the sales staff were carrying their price kit. generally, kl view is priced higher at rm12k to rm20k difference varying on type. i recall difference was rm20k for type a and rm15k for another type. so that generally gives you an idea of the pricing in general for the entire development.
btw, saville @ okr is currently managed bu henry butcher so maintenance ought to be 'okay'. the parking and made of saville @ OKR generally seems okay with quite good build and quiality although design for CP is quite poor with many blind spots and tight corners.
back to project and its pricing. as you can see, the smallest unit gives the highest per square foot ratio. working out to be rm340k/900sq ft = rm378psf. however the cheapest psf is quite a surprised. rm408k/1200 sq ft=rm340k. that's more than 10% difference for smallest unit versus biggest unit! the pricing simulation above is excluding the 3% for today and 5% gfor bumi and the 1.5% for repeat purchase.
one small detail that you ought to look out for is actually the units differs in actual size a bit. they have something like 900 sq ft and 907 sq ft or something like 1220 sq ft and 1253 sq ft. so please pay attention! so for the cheapest unit with all % discounted, you are able to get <RM300psf therotically!!!
sales? from my last count, so far they have stickers on the chart at about 40 bookings (as of today around noon time). and guess what? MK seems genuine in the case of official launch as they were no stickers previously. starting from a blank chart! something which is a rarity nowadays. but apparently, most of the stickers were from yesterday meaning most purchaser actually book their unit since yesterday. today, the crowd was not really amazing and the take up rate is also not BBB mode. booking is rm3000 and balance within 14 days after. you may use your credit card for the 1st 10% without charge.
hope this information is useful to all.
if you like this, please click +ve for me to gain some "repo" power!
arigato and signing out.

PS: banks are offering BLR-2.2% but might go up to BLR-2.3%.

86 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0569sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:14 PM