Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

kiosk franchise

views

TSducatidark
post Aug 30 2010, 12:14 PM, updated 14y ago

34 posts

Hi,

I intend to invest in F&B kiosk franchise, nothing really original, but after visiting Malaysia franchise 2010 at PWTC a few weeks ago I have a lot of doubts...

We discussed with Cool Blog and Each a Cup, sweet beverages and bubble tea concepts. The strange thing was they requested fixed royalties every month (around 1200 MYR). Usually royalties are more percentage of the gross revenue. Cool blog also ask 10000 MYR just to be enlisted for the next opening (first arrived first served). We got an email recently with the next opening in South City Plaza (Seri Kembangan). This mall is completely empty, there is no business possible at this place. So it seems they don't care and they just want the franchise fees and the fixed royalties.

I think DailyFresh is a better concept but I have also a doubt about them. They pretend to have 350 kiosks in Malaysia but they strictly refuse to give the locations list. For all the kiosk franchises, the locations list is available on the website but only DailyFresh refuses to give it even by email or when we asked them directly during the franchise expo.

I don't know where these 350 kiosks could be. They are not present in all the malls (IOI Puchong, KLCC,lot of Tescos, ...) so I'm wondering if they count all the kiosks opened in the last 10 years but already closed since then, what is not a good sign. Do you know a lot of DailyFresh kiosks in your area??? Any of you already DailyFresh franchisee who could give me good feedback from this company?

Thanks

Ducati

TSducatidark
post Aug 30 2010, 02:57 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(wodenus @ Aug 30 2010, 02:35 PM)
I think they were just having fun with a dupe, they can't have been serious biggrin.gif
They pretend exactly the same on their website:

Daily Fresh had since continuously brought joy to all customer with it fresh, juicy, sweet corn in cup. To proof, it had operated over 350 kiosks in Malaysia and over 1200 kiosks world wide ( Indonesia , Singapore , Brunei , UAE, Saudi Arabia , Egypt , Kuwait , Oman , Bahrain , Qatar , Jordan , Yemen , Lebanon , Pakistan , South Africa , Spain and India ). Daily Fresh will also soon be available in UK , Australia and Sudan.

http://www.dailyfreshfoods.com/dailyfresh/international.html

TSducatidark
post Aug 31 2010, 08:57 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(hackwire @ Aug 31 2010, 08:13 AM)
did u go to their office n speak with the general manager? no point talking to reps who only work there 1 year. usually i ask them how long they work there? what his experiece?
We intend to discuss with him but I wanted to gather some information on forums first.

The lady we discussed with at the IMF was completely useless. She was probably recruited only for the expo. I think the concept is not bad but I don't understand why they are giving false information on the kiosk number.

Added on August 31, 2010, 9:00 am
QUOTE(jack2 @ Aug 31 2010, 08:55 AM)
The main winner for franchise business is the franchisor as they sapu u the money first with fixed cost + certain % of monthly revenue/profits
It's even worst when they ask you a fixed amount every month instead of a percentage. That means they will never help you and teh y don't believe themselves in their business and in the growth potential.

Added on August 31, 2010, 9:08 am
QUOTE(sleep_snore @ Aug 31 2010, 08:44 AM)
better ask people who are in franchise kiosk business..

people losing money because of fakap franchise business

was in the news not long ago..
Yes I saw in the news that some franchise will stop their activity. Do you know which ones?

If I consider Cool Blog as as scam, I don't think it's the same for DailyFresh. They are in the business for a long time.

But I'm wondering finally which kiosk franchise is really profitable??? I never see a lot of customers at HotDog 1901 kiosks, same for Hot and roll. Delifrance just closed its kiosk at LCCT (after hot dog 1901 closed his). I can see a lot of Auntie Anne Pretzel and also Cinabonand they look better.

But even if some franchise stops, that doesn't mean all the franchise business is not profitable.

This post has been edited by ducatidark: Aug 31 2010, 09:08 AM
TSducatidark
post Sep 1 2010, 09:28 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(tothebest @ Sep 1 2010, 02:24 AM)
she is right.coolblog needs 100k,if u do it your own it maybe 10k,atleast u wont risk much.
I agree but the fees paid to the franchisor cover mainly the right to use a famous brand. If the franchise is reputated (Subway, KFC,...) , the name only will attract a lot of customers and you pay for that. But it's less evident with Coolblog or Dailyfresh.

I saw in a franchise forum that Dailyfresh opened 3 kiosks in Kajang in 2007. I will check next weekend if the kiosks are still there. If they are already closed, for sure something is wrong with this business...

I also thought to Auntie Anne or Cinabon. Are these products appreciated in Malaysia?
TSducatidark
post Sep 7 2010, 05:58 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(DarkNite @ Sep 7 2010, 07:26 AM)
Not all 7E outlets are franchised. Not all 7E outlets are making profits. As a group they are making profits but there are several outlets that are loosing money.
And I'm sure they want to franchise only the ones that lose money and keep the best ones for them.

Added on September 7, 2010, 6:03 pm
QUOTE(COMBOConvenience @ Sep 7 2010, 01:22 AM)
7 eleven outlets  = >1100 outlets (franchised)
watsons = >250 outlets (non franchise)
guardian = >230 outlets (non franchise)
carrefour express = >15 outlets (non franchise)

Daily fresh mostly open in the complex.. not on the street..
DAILY FRESH = 350 kiosks opened ( not subtract from closed a.k.a unsuccessful ones )

all correct info must get from MFA. must register as a member if i am not mistaken to get the info.

p/s. dont get involved with the franchise scam like red island cafe and etc
I created a post on MFA's forum after registering but they never replied. I think they are closer to 35 than 350. But I still don't know if all the rest closed down because they don't have enough clients or because the franchisor asks to much royalties and rental are too high in malls to make any profit. Nobody knows an actual or former Dailyfresh franchisee?

This post has been edited by ducatidark: Sep 7 2010, 06:03 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0188sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:26 PM