Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

kiosk franchise

views

TSducatidark
post Aug 30 2010, 12:14 PM, updated 14y ago

34 posts

Hi,

I intend to invest in F&B kiosk franchise, nothing really original, but after visiting Malaysia franchise 2010 at PWTC a few weeks ago I have a lot of doubts...

We discussed with Cool Blog and Each a Cup, sweet beverages and bubble tea concepts. The strange thing was they requested fixed royalties every month (around 1200 MYR). Usually royalties are more percentage of the gross revenue. Cool blog also ask 10000 MYR just to be enlisted for the next opening (first arrived first served). We got an email recently with the next opening in South City Plaza (Seri Kembangan). This mall is completely empty, there is no business possible at this place. So it seems they don't care and they just want the franchise fees and the fixed royalties.

I think DailyFresh is a better concept but I have also a doubt about them. They pretend to have 350 kiosks in Malaysia but they strictly refuse to give the locations list. For all the kiosk franchises, the locations list is available on the website but only DailyFresh refuses to give it even by email or when we asked them directly during the franchise expo.

I don't know where these 350 kiosks could be. They are not present in all the malls (IOI Puchong, KLCC,lot of Tescos, ...) so I'm wondering if they count all the kiosks opened in the last 10 years but already closed since then, what is not a good sign. Do you know a lot of DailyFresh kiosks in your area??? Any of you already DailyFresh franchisee who could give me good feedback from this company?

Thanks

Ducati

pkiensing
post Aug 30 2010, 12:20 PM

[Richfag]
824 posts

350 and it should be like 7-11 already... why seldom see it on the streets?
wodenus
post Aug 30 2010, 02:35 PM

Tree Octopus
All Stars
14,990 posts

QUOTE(ducatidark @ Aug 30 2010, 12:14 PM)
Hi,

I intend to invest in F&B kiosk franchise, nothing really original, but after visiting Malaysia franchise 2010 at PWTC a few weeks ago I have a lot of doubts...

We discussed with Cool Blog and Each a Cup, sweet beverages and bubble tea concepts. The strange thing was they requested fixed royalties every month (around 1200 MYR). Usually royalties are more percentage of the gross revenue. Cool blog also ask 10000 MYR just to be enlisted for the next opening (first arrived first served). We got an email recently with the next opening in South City Plaza (Seri Kembangan). This mall is completely empty, there is no business possible at this place. So it seems they don't care and they just want the franchise fees and the fixed royalties.

I think DailyFresh is a better concept but I have also a doubt about them. They pretend to have 350 kiosks in Malaysia but they strictly refuse to give the locations list. For all the kiosk franchises, the locations list is available on the website but only DailyFresh refuses to give it even by email or when we asked them directly during the franchise expo.

I don't know where these 350 kiosks could be. They are not present in all the malls (IOI Puchong, KLCC,lot of Tescos, ...) so I'm wondering if they count all the kiosks opened in the last 10 years but already closed since then, what is not a good sign. Do you know a lot of DailyFresh kiosks in your area??? Any of you already DailyFresh franchisee who could give me good feedback from this company?

Thanks

Ducati
I think they were just having fun with a dupe, they can't have been serious biggrin.gif

TSducatidark
post Aug 30 2010, 02:57 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(wodenus @ Aug 30 2010, 02:35 PM)
I think they were just having fun with a dupe, they can't have been serious biggrin.gif
They pretend exactly the same on their website:

Daily Fresh had since continuously brought joy to all customer with it fresh, juicy, sweet corn in cup. To proof, it had operated over 350 kiosks in Malaysia and over 1200 kiosks world wide ( Indonesia , Singapore , Brunei , UAE, Saudi Arabia , Egypt , Kuwait , Oman , Bahrain , Qatar , Jordan , Yemen , Lebanon , Pakistan , South Africa , Spain and India ). Daily Fresh will also soon be available in UK , Australia and Sudan.

http://www.dailyfreshfoods.com/dailyfresh/international.html

wodenus
post Aug 30 2010, 03:07 PM

Tree Octopus
All Stars
14,990 posts

QUOTE(ducatidark @ Aug 30 2010, 02:57 PM)
They pretend exactly the same on their website:

Daily Fresh had since continuously brought joy to all customer with it fresh, juicy, sweet corn in cup. To proof, it had operated over 350 kiosks in Malaysia and over 1200 kiosks world wide ( Indonesia , Singapore , Brunei , UAE, Saudi Arabia , Egypt , Kuwait , Oman , Bahrain , Qatar , Jordan , Yemen , Lebanon , Pakistan , South Africa , Spain and India ). Daily Fresh will also soon be available in UK , Australia and Sudan.

http://www.dailyfreshfoods.com/dailyfresh/international.html
LOL. I can give you any franchise that is in our power to give, for Rm15,000 licensing fees + 10% royalties biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by wodenus: Aug 30 2010, 03:13 PM
edyek
post Aug 30 2010, 05:43 PM

Business Rating :
3,820 posts

Daily fresh is no where to be found in Sarawak and Sabah.

350 / 11 state = 31 stalls per state.

Assume 3 major town/city. It is 10 each town/city.

@_@
hackwire
post Aug 31 2010, 08:13 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,256 posts

did u go to their office n speak with the general manager? no point talking to reps who only work there 1 year. usually i ask them how long they work there? what his experiece?

sleep_snore
post Aug 31 2010, 08:44 AM

Getting Started
187 posts

better ask people who are in franchise kiosk business..

people losing money because of fakap franchise business

was in the news not long ago..
jack2
post Aug 31 2010, 08:55 AM

Mr
All Stars
14,363 posts

The main winner for franchise business is the franchisor as they sapu u the money first with fixed cost + certain % of monthly revenue/profits
TSducatidark
post Aug 31 2010, 08:57 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(hackwire @ Aug 31 2010, 08:13 AM)
did u go to their office n speak with the general manager? no point talking to reps who only work there 1 year. usually i ask them how long they work there? what his experiece?
We intend to discuss with him but I wanted to gather some information on forums first.

The lady we discussed with at the IMF was completely useless. She was probably recruited only for the expo. I think the concept is not bad but I don't understand why they are giving false information on the kiosk number.

Added on August 31, 2010, 9:00 am
QUOTE(jack2 @ Aug 31 2010, 08:55 AM)
The main winner for franchise business is the franchisor as they sapu u the money first with fixed cost + certain % of monthly revenue/profits
It's even worst when they ask you a fixed amount every month instead of a percentage. That means they will never help you and teh y don't believe themselves in their business and in the growth potential.

Added on August 31, 2010, 9:08 am
QUOTE(sleep_snore @ Aug 31 2010, 08:44 AM)
better ask people who are in franchise kiosk business..

people losing money because of fakap franchise business

was in the news not long ago..
Yes I saw in the news that some franchise will stop their activity. Do you know which ones?

If I consider Cool Blog as as scam, I don't think it's the same for DailyFresh. They are in the business for a long time.

But I'm wondering finally which kiosk franchise is really profitable??? I never see a lot of customers at HotDog 1901 kiosks, same for Hot and roll. Delifrance just closed its kiosk at LCCT (after hot dog 1901 closed his). I can see a lot of Auntie Anne Pretzel and also Cinabonand they look better.

But even if some franchise stops, that doesn't mean all the franchise business is not profitable.

This post has been edited by ducatidark: Aug 31 2010, 09:08 AM
SUSalexcky
post Aug 31 2010, 09:43 PM

business Sifu
842 posts

well..i also same as u thinking of getting franchise from coolblog or dailyfresh
but to get a good location is so hard nowadays and initial u hv to invest huge amount of $$$ before u gain back ur investment

start ur own product or recipe rather rely on this franchisor..
pinkantelope
post Aug 31 2010, 10:52 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

I don't really fancy taking up a franchise, with all the tight rules and regulations to follow, a huge capital for the license and upfronts.
tothebest
post Sep 1 2010, 02:24 AM

Getting Started
181 posts

QUOTE(pinkantelope @ Aug 31 2010, 11:52 PM)
I don't really fancy taking up a franchise, with all the tight rules and regulations to follow, a huge capital for the license and upfronts.
she is right.coolblog needs 100k,if u do it your own it maybe 10k,atleast u wont risk much.
hackwire
post Sep 1 2010, 09:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,256 posts

a lot of people thought Franchise is profit making biz. y? franchising been tied like a string to KFC and Mc Donald. there are other franchising that worth looking at such as Pressto and other new stuff beside F&B.
TSducatidark
post Sep 1 2010, 09:28 AM

34 posts

QUOTE(tothebest @ Sep 1 2010, 02:24 AM)
she is right.coolblog needs 100k,if u do it your own it maybe 10k,atleast u wont risk much.
I agree but the fees paid to the franchisor cover mainly the right to use a famous brand. If the franchise is reputated (Subway, KFC,...) , the name only will attract a lot of customers and you pay for that. But it's less evident with Coolblog or Dailyfresh.

I saw in a franchise forum that Dailyfresh opened 3 kiosks in Kajang in 2007. I will check next weekend if the kiosks are still there. If they are already closed, for sure something is wrong with this business...

I also thought to Auntie Anne or Cinabon. Are these products appreciated in Malaysia?
nekko
post Sep 2 2010, 05:28 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(ducatidark @ Sep 1 2010, 09:28 AM)
I agree but the fees paid to the franchisor cover mainly the right to use a famous brand. If the franchise is reputated (Subway, KFC,...) , the name only will attract a lot of customers and you pay for that. But it's less evident with Coolblog or Dailyfresh.

I saw in a franchise forum that Dailyfresh opened 3 kiosks in Kajang in 2007. I will check next weekend if the kiosks are still there. If they are already closed, for sure something is wrong with this business...

I also thought to Auntie Anne or Cinabon. Are these products appreciated in Malaysia?
As a shopper, I've seen some outlets which are not performing. Only those that are in high density/traffic area that you see good business. But bare in your mind that, you might not get good locations. So at times you do need to look at their other outlets' performance not just those in good location ones.
hackwire
post Sep 2 2010, 09:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,256 posts

just look at the one utama food biz at the LG floor there. all those shops had closed. economy is no good and only the developer makes money from the rental . when economy is no good, rental rate still the same. the crowd is just window shoppers and nothing more. they are not rich like they use to. the chinese just eat till they bankrupt.
DarkNite
post Sep 3 2010, 12:36 PM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ
All Stars
11,040 posts

Hi,

....I think DailyFresh is a better concept but I have also a doubt about them.
There is nothing valuable or unique about the DailyFresh brand. These days you can find many people selling waffle & corn.
And you can't just 'invest' in a Kiosk business, it needs your full attention as the main problem is trustworthy workers.
The ROI is not very good on the average.

This post has been edited by DarkNite: Sep 3 2010, 02:35 PM
pinkantelope
post Sep 3 2010, 01:45 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

There are so many kiosk franchise mushrooming, wondering whether are they profitable. Even existing ones doesn't seems to have a lot of customers.
DarkNite
post Sep 3 2010, 02:40 PM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ
All Stars
11,040 posts

QUOTE(pinkantelope @ Sep 3 2010, 01:45 PM)
There are so many kiosk franchise mushrooming, wondering whether are they profitable. Even existing ones doesn't seems to have a lot of customers.
Profitable for supplier and franchisor. Some franchisor get not only from royalty but also a cut from the supply - food, packaging and containers.

angelsinlove
post Sep 3 2010, 03:13 PM

Getting Started
264 posts

QUOTE(DarkNite @ Sep 3 2010, 02:40 PM)
Profitable for supplier and franchisor. Some franchisor get not only from royalty but also a cut from the supply - food, packaging and containers.
True. biggrin.gif
COMBOConvenience
post Sep 7 2010, 01:22 AM

19 posts

QUOTE(pkiensing @ Aug 30 2010, 12:20 PM)
350 and it should be like 7-11 already... why seldom see it on the streets?
7 eleven outlets = >1100 outlets (franchised)
watsons = >250 outlets (non franchise)
guardian = >230 outlets (non franchise)
carrefour express = >15 outlets (non franchise)

Daily fresh mostly open in the complex.. not on the street..
DAILY FRESH = 350 kiosks opened ( not subtract from closed a.k.a unsuccessful ones )

all correct info must get from MFA. must register as a member if i am not mistaken to get the info.

p/s. dont get involved with the franchise scam like red island cafe and etc

This post has been edited by COMBOConvenience: Sep 7 2010, 01:27 AM
DarkNite
post Sep 7 2010, 07:26 AM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ
All Stars
11,040 posts

QUOTE(COMBOConvenience @ Sep 7 2010, 01:22 AM)
7 eleven outlets  = >1100 outlets (franchised)
Not all 7E outlets are franchised. Not all 7E outlets are making profits. As a group they are making profits but there are several outlets that are loosing money.
TSducatidark
post Sep 7 2010, 05:58 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(DarkNite @ Sep 7 2010, 07:26 AM)
Not all 7E outlets are franchised. Not all 7E outlets are making profits. As a group they are making profits but there are several outlets that are loosing money.
And I'm sure they want to franchise only the ones that lose money and keep the best ones for them.

Added on September 7, 2010, 6:03 pm
QUOTE(COMBOConvenience @ Sep 7 2010, 01:22 AM)
7 eleven outlets  = >1100 outlets (franchised)
watsons = >250 outlets (non franchise)
guardian = >230 outlets (non franchise)
carrefour express = >15 outlets (non franchise)

Daily fresh mostly open in the complex.. not on the street..
DAILY FRESH = 350 kiosks opened ( not subtract from closed a.k.a unsuccessful ones )

all correct info must get from MFA. must register as a member if i am not mistaken to get the info.

p/s. dont get involved with the franchise scam like red island cafe and etc
I created a post on MFA's forum after registering but they never replied. I think they are closer to 35 than 350. But I still don't know if all the rest closed down because they don't have enough clients or because the franchisor asks to much royalties and rental are too high in malls to make any profit. Nobody knows an actual or former Dailyfresh franchisee?

This post has been edited by ducatidark: Sep 7 2010, 06:03 PM
COMBOConvenience
post Sep 8 2010, 02:02 AM

19 posts

QUOTE(ducatidark @ Sep 7 2010, 05:58 PM)
And I'm sure they want to franchise only the ones that lose money and keep the best ones for them.

7E franchised all the profitable outlet. But if you want more profit.. its always depend on your effort. Simple.. if you gain more profit.. they gain more royalties. Have provide you the ROI PROJECTED as well before you sign the agreement. BUT in the end of the partnership (50/50=10YEARS) the business is still THEIRS not YOURS!

If i'm not mistaken, in the term and condition indicate that if you lose money for certain period.. they will take back the business and you might end up losing maybe sum of during the period+ penalty (security deposit)... for more info... http://www.7eleven.com.my/html/default.aspx?ID=5&PID=25

P/s i WAS in that company for quite sometimes. But you can always made an inquiry to franchise department at anytime.
DarkNite
post Sep 11 2010, 06:13 PM

ФĻĐ ИΞШB!Ξ
All Stars
11,040 posts

QUOTE(ducatidark @ Sep 7 2010, 05:58 PM)
Not True.
Take the ones with sales from 90 to 100k as the profit is better and if future sales goes up you'll get more profit.
edisoncts
post Jan 30 2012, 12:19 AM

Getting Started
51 posts

so did u find out how much they earn ? haha...or u already open one?
Bunc
post Apr 8 2012, 04:26 AM

Getting Started
105 posts

Yeah i just thought cool blog would be a nice business but after reading this post, i x think so anymore:(
ReonLim83
post Jul 8 2012, 06:22 PM

Getting Started
259 posts

Daily Fresh have around 95-98 stores accross the country, not 350.
Cetak Tak Mati
post Oct 7 2012, 12:16 AM

8 posts

so coolblog is not a good investment ?
adolph
post Oct 7 2012, 01:27 PM

Hail the hitler
832 posts

QUOTE(Cetak Tak Mati @ Oct 7 2012, 12:16 AM)
so coolblog is not a good investment ?
Tried the drinks before, the taste is so bad, too many sugars.

Wasted money shakehead.gif
act one
post Oct 8 2012, 09:50 AM

Casual
371 posts

Hi,

Thanks

Ducati
On hand, I have Taiwan Style Bubble Tea package.

With all machine provide.
First time ingredients.
Training provided.
The Brand to use.

NO Franchise Fees.
NO Management Fees.
NO Hidden Fees.

What you need to start business?
A company name registered.
A shop or half of the shop for business.
A group of staff ready to start working.

For more information,
kindly PM me.

user posted image
umikosan
post Oct 11 2012, 11:49 PM

On my way
698 posts

I need ingredient from u can u quote me or i drop-by ur shop to see?
akubudu
post Oct 16 2012, 10:23 AM

Getting Started
56 posts

i was looking for a franchais too. before i read this post, coolblog is only thing in my mind. ive emailed them, please refer to the email i paste below:-

Hi there,

Thank you for your interest in Coolblog business.

ITEMS AMOUNTS
LICENSE FEES RM20,000
PURCHASE DEPOSIT RM10,000
RENOVATION *RM35,000
OPENING STOCK & EQUIPMENTS *RM25,000
SIGNAGE,MENU BOARD RM 5,000
BUNTING,FLYERS ETC

Profit margin would be 40% to 45% ( Nett ) & 60% to 65% ( Gross )
Estimate sales would be RM25k to RM35k a month.
Min size required is 100 square feet ( With water in/outlet supply , 30amp of electricity )
Consulting Fees is RM1,280 per month.
Purchase costs would be 30%-40% from sales.

Please do login to our website: www.coolblog.com.my, Click on ;BUSINESS; then enter.Please read ;INVESTMENT TABLE;;APPLICATION FORM and others..

Submit your application form together with supporting document as below :- 1. Photocopy of IC2. SSM Certificate (Registration of Company) 3. 3 months recent bank statement(Personal account required if you just registered a company) 4. Layout plan of the location. (Applicant has to identify own location)(e.g of location : shopping mall, shoplot)

Our business is Halal n it's JAKIM certified *u can log on to JAKIM website to check our status*

wow they need $$$$$ so big that i can cry...

anyway, bro act one, how to apply?
sss5
post Nov 11 2012, 05:06 PM

15 posts

Hi , I hav 1 bubble tea shop business wanted to sell off(own brand). (出顶)
Pls call me if u interested. (pls dont pm me, i seldom check!)
017-2549813.
Area: Seri Kembangan

Thx!
Chunkit9
post Nov 12 2012, 11:24 AM

Casual
324 posts

Do you guys think location is the main factor of the busness??

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0236sec    0.36    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:09 PM