Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

SANDRA 2005 MEMORY OVERCLOCKING CHALLENGE, OVERCLOCKED MEMORY COLLECTION !!

views

kianwee
post May 21 2005, 06:11 PM

Cube
6,561 posts

QUOTE(ray99mond @ May 21 2005, 05:44 PM)
user posted image

RAM = Corsair 1GB XMS Pro
chipset = samsung TCCD
Vdimm applied = 3.1 V
1T OR 2T = 1T
system = AMD64 3200+
CPU speed = 2.430GHz
Tai ko, with microscope also cannot see la. sweat.gif
kianwee
post May 21 2005, 09:32 PM

Cube
6,561 posts

QUOTE(winc87 @ May 21 2005, 08:04 PM)
kianwee , why didnt you join the ranking huh ? tongue.gif
My system is with hippies now lor. Borrow him to play. He's tryin to break 8k barrier without exceeding 2.9V.
kianwee
post May 24 2005, 01:25 PM

Cube
6,561 posts

QUOTE(dinster @ May 24 2005, 02:32 AM)
that's bcoz the new batch is carrying Samsung TCC5..

goodbye TCCD  user posted image user posted image

for those who's using TCCD now, u're just damn lucky..  smile.gif

taken from XS forum..

statement from OCZ representative..

Originally Posted by AndyOCZ
OK, guys, time out!

The TCC5 and TCCD are on the exact same die. We have openly discussed announced here on XS and elsewhere that we may use TCC5. We also do not gurantee what chips we use AND I have seen NO complaints over the way any of the TCCX chips are overclocking. We still bin all the chips to the same specs.

As far as the heatspreaders there is no meaning to them at all. The first TCCD always came in the embossed ones and older TCCD also came with the raised logo spreaders. I have both here, produced at the same time.

NOW, different weeks chips have different properties, just like CPU's. Some of the early TCCD liked more volts. The best of the new TCCD chips do just fine for clocking and do it with less volts SOMETIMES. Again, they don't make all chips in one day, they spread production out over months. TCCD and TCC5 are all getting a bit scarce as the push is on big time for DDR2 now, since AMD is going with that next year. We use what is available to keep you guys suppplied.

Another point is that the PC3200 EL Platinum must run 2-2-2 timings at 200. Not all the TCCD or TCC5 will do this. Again, we have to have chips for the memory that will do spec, or we can't make any.

If your memory does not meet spec, we will glady replace it.

I see a comment about prices. Yes prices are good. If you want a guranteed 600mhz DDR, spend a bit more and get the PC4800, that's why we make it.

As far as RMA's I have no idea. No one has complained an no complaints have been heard. You can always email support through out website.

Thanks

Does it mean that the one in your bulk is TCC5? unsure.gif

kianwee
post Jun 17 2005, 01:24 AM

Cube
6,561 posts

OCZ discontinued OCZ EL DDR PC-5000 Dual Channel Platinum DFI nF4 Special

So grab it now if still available =D

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memo...dfi_nf4_special
kianwee
post Jun 17 2005, 09:44 AM

Cube
6,561 posts

QUOTE(dinster @ Jun 17 2005, 08:05 AM)
hurm... these TCC5 based RAM is discontinued... diminishing TCC5 chips in the market like TCCD chips ?

i dont think so......  rolleyes.gif
I think TCC5 chips is still available, but they just discontinue that OCZ DFI PC5000
kianwee
post Jun 22 2005, 05:23 PM

Cube
6,561 posts

QUOTE(dinster @ Jun 22 2005, 01:50 PM)
SAMSUNG TCCD still alives !!!!!!!!

http://www.guru3d.com/newsitem.php?id=2788
Corsair's statement
TCCD Supply Demystified

June 20, 2005 - The Samsung "TCCD" memory chip is the best overclocking IC for the AMD platform. Since speculation began about the TCCD reaching End-of-Life (EOL), the enthusiast community has been concerned about its near- and long-term availability. The purpose of this update is to provide a lead on the current status of this very popular IC.

The TCCD specification was tailor-made for Corsair by Samsung. As a part of the agreement, Samsung has agreed to directly supply Corsair's TCCD requirements until the end of 2005 and beyond.

Contrary to rumours that indicate universal unavailability of TCCD, Corsair continues to provide high performance XMS memory modules made with 100% Samsung original TCCD IC's.

There has been suggestions on TCC5 being an equal replacement of TCCD. While the ICs share similar names, they do not share identical performance characteristics. TCC5 is a down-bin of TCCD and does not deliver the same performance promise that TCCD does. Based on our stringent testing requirements, only TCCD can meet the demand. Corsair also uses TCC5 IC's but because they are of lesser capability, TCC5 IC's are used only in the lower grade parts.

Below is a list of TCCD based Corsair products that are currently shipping:

Product Family Product Name Module Speed Module Latencies

XMS 3200XL 400 MHz / PC3200 2-2-2-5
4400C25 550 MHz / PC4400 2.5-4-4-8

XMS PRO 3200XL PRO 400 MHz / PC3200 2-2-2-5

XMS XPERT 3200XL XPERT 400 MHz / PC3200 2-2-2-5

For more information on Corsair's products or the Samsung TCCD IC's, please email info@corsairmemory.com or visit http://www.corsair.com.

=========================================

OCZ Clears Up the TCC5 Confusion
2005-06-01

Recently we have had some inquires and OCZ would like to openly clarify the circumstances surrounding the substitution of Samsung TCCD for TCC5 in the renowned OCZ Platinum series memory. Following the lack of availability of TCCD chips, OCZ replaced TCCD chips with TCC5 chips on its Platinum DDR modules. Concerned enthusiasts that are seeing lower maximum overclocks with recently purchased PC-3200 EL Platinum Rev. 2 are assuming this is due to a difference in the performance potential of the new chips.

"There is absolutely zero difference between tested TCC5 and tested TCCD," says Eric Nelson, OCZ Product Development Director. "Because we are seeing a tremendous increase in DDR frequency, the chip "binning" process has adjusted to the new memory speeds OCZ now offers. As we now have four Platinum series speed ratings, chips qualified for PC-4800 operation are not slated for use in PC-3200 modules, unless stock is sufficient in higher speed parts. Users noticing lower overclocks are seeing the direct result of rising memory speeds, not a difference in Samsung TCC5 chips. OCZ Platinum is still the fastest DDR1 available today and will provide users with the absolute highest performance. If maximum overclocking potential is desired, purchasing a product with a higher speed rating will take the risk out of your purchase, insuring you of extreme guaranteed speeds."

"With the Samsung TCCD hitting EOL (End of Life), OCZ continues their high end Platinum line with TCC5's as replacements," said John Chen, Editor-in-Chief at InsaneTek. "Note that TCC5 is going to replace TCCD based Platinum memory, which means the regular PC3200 Platinum non-Rev2 probably won't use it. But for the rest of the Platinum stuff, PC3200 Rev2, PC3700, PC4200, and PC4800, you should be seeing them equipped with TCC5 chips. Is the replacement any good? Definitely yes, because it's still good stuff."

kianwee
post Jul 8 2005, 03:18 AM

Cube
6,561 posts

QUOTE(shift2 @ Jul 8 2005, 01:59 AM)
does TCCD chip needs high voltage ?
My TCCD hates high voltage. I can get better results with lower voltage. But it doesn't apply to everybody though.
kianwee
post Jul 27 2005, 11:42 PM

Cube
6,561 posts

Westley, Voodoo 3 PCI? shocking.gif
kianwee
post Sep 23 2005, 02:04 PM

Cube
6,561 posts

QUOTE(dinster @ Sep 23 2005, 01:07 PM)
user posted image

TCCD appears again in OCZ EL Plat Rev 2.0 !!  drool.gif  drool.gif

this is from my bulk v7.....  drool.gif  drool.gif

it is very surprising.... coz from bulk v6, OCZ sent me, OCZ EL Plat Rev 2.0 (Ver 1.1) which carries Samsung TCC5......

I've personally talked to Ryder @ OCZ, the TCCD for Rev2 is back but there will be some TCC5 v1.1 floating around in the market. It kinda depends on your luck really. Looks like you ordered from a source that have the latest stock. laugh.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0149sec    0.67    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:55 PM