Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> avoid HOUZ DEPOT at any cost!, a cautionary story

westokan
post Aug 22 2010, 04:54 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

previously, i went to HOUZ DEPOT to purchase some items for renovating my new house. almost everything i bought there is defected in its own way:

WC: the handle for the float is broken and the screws are missing;
WC: a lot of chips and cracks on the tank cover;
WC: pump not working properly, leaking;
sink: wrong type of wall bracket;
paint: wrong code! doh.gif

unfortunately some of the items had to be replaced by my plumber because we were chasing a dateline and some others like the pump, i had to go there 3 times to change because they kept giving me a faulty one! (wasting time and energy, not to mention petrol and toll).. and they refuse to refund the paint because it has been used. (i gave it to my painter and thought something was odd when the shade was a bit 'yellower', it is similar but different, the codes are like sxx10 and sxx05)

on top of all that, they have the rudest, slowest and ignorant customer service i have ever experienced. i had to wait 2, yes TWO hours at their bloody shop just to get the supervisor to meet with me..

this has been my worst experience as a costumer; hope my story serve as an advise to all who's reading

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
vinothrao84
post Aug 22 2010, 05:33 PM

Getting Started

owh my...that is bad.....very bad.....
+Quote Post
driftmeister
post Aug 22 2010, 05:34 PM

Penggadai Rakyat®
Group: Senior Member

i had good purchasing experience with them

bought 3 sets consist of WC, tap and sink
+Quote Post
antal
post Aug 22 2010, 06:08 PM

Getting Started

Heard many complaints about them. Mostly on quality and late delivery of service. Better just use them to benchmark for prices. At least u won't overpay when buy elsewhere. rclxms.gif
+Quote Post
yothim
post Aug 22 2010, 10:08 PM

Getting Started

hmm....i agree with the rude staff....not friendly at all...totally no customer service and not a single smile and the way they look at u, man....u wish to slap them. if not for those cheap stuff (some) i dont think i would go there.

why dont u lodge a complain to the paint company? might get some refund back since it was their fault. try, who knows?
+Quote Post
cranx
post Aug 22 2010, 11:50 PM

Regular

it seems houz depot is really not a good place to consider for renovation and furnishing.
+Quote Post
Lurker
post Aug 22 2010, 11:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Photography
Group: Elite

how many outlets do they have?
+Quote Post
zheilwane
post Aug 23 2010, 12:21 AM

Regular

I think they have two outlets.

This post has been edited by zheilwane: Sep 3 2010, 09:18 PM
+Quote Post
westokan
post Aug 24 2010, 03:00 PM

Casual

another item to add to the list: water heater

the LED indicator lights are broken off and the RESET button seems to be faulty.. haih..
+Quote Post
sudha
post Aug 24 2010, 04:29 PM

QUOTE(westokan @ Aug 24 2010, 03:00 PM)
another item to add to the list: water heater

the LED indicator lights are broken off and the RESET button seems to be faulty.. haih..
Dude, really feel sorry for you. But to be honest, i have had a very pleasant experience, from purchase right to delivery. In fact, they were even kind enough to store my purchase for a few months.

I am guessing your case might be an isolated one. Where did u buy your stuff? I bought mine in House Depot in Mutiara Damansara.

+Quote Post
marrique
post Aug 25 2010, 04:21 PM

Group: New Member

QUOTE(sudha @ Aug 24 2010, 04:29 PM)
Dude, really feel sorry for you. But to be honest, i have had a very pleasant experience, from purchase right to delivery. In fact, they were even kind enough to store my purchase for a few months.

I am guessing your case might be an isolated one. Where did u buy your stuff? I bought mine in House Depot in Mutiara Damansara.
bro,u seems like staff of Houz Depot...i been to Mutiara Damansara outlet..staff are not helpful.maybe because i am juz checking the price and the quality of their products since i want to know how good to be true their offer 'lowest price in town and 200% refund for price difference"....totally bulls**t...a lot of stuff the price is hingher that outside shop in Kota Damansara..or even Subang Jaya and Damansara Utama (where elite community stays)...

+Quote Post
zheilwane
post Aug 25 2010, 05:06 PM

Regular

May b he didnt survey the right shop, if you compare houz depot and other normal shops like jusco or small shops, they are ofcoz cheaper, but if you are comparing with strong dealers, then they are expensive.
+Quote Post
CapKapak
post Aug 26 2010, 04:24 AM

Getting Started

Someone should just open a Home Depot or Bunnings type super warehouse home improvement outlet. That'll rock.
+Quote Post
airline
post Aug 26 2010, 05:24 AM

7 stars

wrong paint code? were u served by a bangla. or foreigner worker?
+Quote Post
westokan
post Aug 28 2010, 05:05 PM

Casual

QUOTE(airline @ Aug 26 2010, 05:24 AM)
wrong paint code? were u served by a bangla. or foreigner worker?
yup..

an update on the water heater problem, i did call rubine and they sent one of their technicians to fix the problem.. he had to change the circuit board
+Quote Post
zheilwane
post Aug 29 2010, 12:18 AM

Regular

did he fix it on the same day? or he dismantle it and take it back to factory for repair?
+Quote Post
cuebiz
post Aug 29 2010, 01:06 AM

Enthusiast

For such lousy customer service, you should call up Malay Mail hotline and complain.
+Quote Post
zheilwane
post Aug 31 2010, 12:00 AM

Regular

Sometimes it also depends on luck, even Mercedes got defects.
+Quote Post
westokan
post Sep 1 2010, 10:25 PM

Casual

QUOTE(zheilwane @ Aug 29 2010, 12:18 AM)
did he fix it on the same day? or he dismantle it and take it back to factory for repair?
he came twice, first to look at the problem and second time to repair it.. he didnt dismentle everything
+Quote Post
zheilwane
post Sep 6 2010, 09:06 PM

Regular

good thing they repaired for u but it is sure disappointing to get a faulty product when u just bought it. Would b best if every1 could share their experience shopping with houz depot or other shops.
+Quote Post
BRAIBRISE
post Sep 15 2010, 01:59 PM

I didn't choose HOUSE DEP as i think their price is very expensive.....somemore when eveytime have special SALES.....it just SOLD OUT though is first day morning of SALES :~ but i know la, many SALES also like that, SOLD OUT one start the first minutes.
+Quote Post
lydiakoh
post Oct 1 2010, 10:48 AM

I saw the rubine water heater is on sale now in The star under Metro page 31. but without pump. What does without pump means? safe to purchase or not since so many comments on it?
+Quote Post
vinothrao84
post Oct 2 2010, 09:31 PM

Getting Started

@lydiakoh,

yeah i saw it too....well basically "without pump" means, if your house water pressure is low, then when u open that water heater it'll be slow.

but if the water heater has "with pump", then the water will flow fast, even if the house water pressure is low....

but its better to install pressure pump near by the tank if you got issue with water pressure...
+Quote Post
lydiakoh
post Oct 3 2010, 08:04 AM

Ok, thanks vino! smile.gif
+Quote Post
zheilwane
post Oct 3 2010, 10:30 AM

Regular

wow RM 199 only for a heater, thatz very cheap. For heaters, get one without a pump is better, will last longer. Don have to rush to buy it as houz depot is always on sales 365 days on sales

This post has been edited by zheilwane: Oct 3 2010, 10:31 AM
+Quote Post
lydiakoh
post Oct 3 2010, 10:49 PM

Hahaha..good to know...any brand to recommend? i saw panasonic about rm300 without pump...
+Quote Post
brotan
post Oct 3 2010, 11:18 PM

Regular

i personally have mix experience with them

bad
1) offer price not same as the scan price. luckily after checking normally they will give me the cheaper price ones

good
1) some of their stuff are cheap. eg those nice aluminium curtain rim
2) 1 bangla help me with a wc. he even offer to check on spot the product for defect without me asking

P.S. I am not houz depot staff
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
houzdepot
post Jul 2 2012, 09:34 AM

Houz Depot promotion:-
+Quote Post
RobUlstan
post Jul 2 2012, 09:43 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(houzdepot @ Jul 2 2012, 09:34 AM)
Houz Depot promotion:-
Haha. This is funny, Houz Depot is promoting in thread called 'avoid HOUZ DEPOT at any cost!' where people are complaining about them.

Ps: Nothing against Houz Depot. My own experience - everything is ok cool2.gif

This post has been edited by RobUlstan: Jul 2 2012, 09:45 AM
+Quote Post
kamikazecommando
post Jul 2 2012, 02:38 PM

Getting Started

My personal experience with houz depot also ok. Bought some laminated flooring with them couple of months ago.

So far so good
+Quote Post
-elena-
post Jul 3 2012, 08:46 PM

Agreed to houz depot has lousy service And ignorant sales ppl. Nobody services u when u go there, and when u ask question they don't know anything
+Quote Post
houzdepot
post Jul 9 2012, 10:27 AM

Be judge yourself rather then hearing from ill feeling people or competitors, why not visit one of our store to get more information on the home improvement product. We are celebrating 3rd anniversary and there is lots of bargain every week. You may get some valueable idea on the home renovation and home improvement . Thank you for patronizing houz depot. Have a great day.

Added on July 9, 2012, 10:34 amDulux paint and painter package:-

This post has been edited by houzdepot: Jul 9 2012, 10:34 AM
+Quote Post
houzdepot
post Jul 9 2012, 10:35 AM

Dulux paint and painter package:-
+Quote Post
houzdepot
post Jul 9 2012, 10:36 AM

Hood and hob:-
+Quote Post
weikee
post Jul 9 2012, 11:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!

You'll should do more power tools promotion.

Added on July 9, 2012, 11:24 amThan again, shouldn't this be post under classified.look like we have many sales person don't know how to read instruction.

This post has been edited by weikee: Jul 9 2012, 11:24 AM
+Quote Post
PJusa
post Jul 9 2012, 05:56 PM

Regular

yes what would be smart would be to actually adress the concerns voiced instead of blasting promos here. but then again this probably just confirms a we-just-dont-give-a-crap-about-complaints attitude huh? do you guys from houzdepot really dont care the tiniest bit about complaints at all? very very sad picture you are representing....
+Quote Post
khieni
post Jul 9 2012, 08:32 PM

Getting Started

went thre twice...their selling item is impressing me....so far,i just use their catalogue as my price benchmark...after reading ur experience...i wont consider them anymore....i want to buy stuff wv happy experience...
+Quote Post
houzdepot
post Jul 10 2012, 09:20 AM

QUOTE(PJusa @ Jul 9 2012, 06:56 PM)
yes what would be smart would be to actually adress the concerns voiced instead of blasting promos here. but then again this probably just confirms a we-just-dont-give-a-crap-about-complaints attitude huh? do you guys from houzdepot really dont care the tiniest bit about complaints at all? very very sad picture you are representing....
You may got wrong impression that there is no action taken by houz depot to resolve customer issue but perhaps you dont aware we have customer service personal to deal any issue. As advertised all issue and complained can be channel to Customer service KL at 03-2693 7888 PJ at 03-77266768 email to ccs@houzdepot.com and info@houzdepot for inquiries. There is the lot of customer issues had been solved amicably and there is no wash hand on this matter. There is no denial perhaps you have bad encounter before but it isnt be the same now and pledge to gave good service for customer but there could be one or two bad apple to tarnish the reputation but the goal to gave good customer service is part of our business. Hence there is no harm showing the current promotion perhaps some could benefit on those promotion but as what advised by our fellow forumer to leave it on classified will follow accordingly. Have a great day.
+Quote Post
PJusa
post Jul 10 2012, 05:41 PM

Regular

houzdepot,

you didnt bother to read my post (as you didnt bother to reply to the others) or you just dont get the point (which is probably even sader).

if someone voices discontent with the services rendered it would be rather clever not to just place irrelevant ads in the thread but to say something to the person complaining. its not complicated and would show everyone that you are willing to talk about things. what you show here is ignorance and the perception is that you just dont care about the complaints voiced here.

try placing yourself in the customers shoes and think what you would be expecting. its very easy actually and what you are doing is ensuring that other readers come to the conclusion you really dont care. the net just doesnt work like that. if you need help with this i am very willing to offer you / your staff a thorough coaching on how to properly adress issues and problems in public forums (including general code of conduct coaching). i would be willing to give you a very good package price for a couple of seminars - get in touch! dont be shy - i think you would greatly benefit from this.
+Quote Post
houzdepot
post Jul 11 2012, 11:31 AM

QUOTE(PJusa @ Jul 10 2012, 06:41 PM)
houzdepot,

you didnt bother to read my post (as you didnt bother to reply to the others) or you just dont get the point (which is probably even sader).

if someone voices discontent with the services rendered it would be rather clever not to just place irrelevant ads in the thread but to say something to the person complaining. its not complicated and would show everyone that you are willing to talk about things. what you show here is ignorance and the perception is that you just dont care about the complaints voiced here.

try placing yourself in the customers shoes and think what you would be expecting. its very easy actually and what you are doing is ensuring that other readers come to the conclusion you really dont care. the net just doesnt work like that. if you need help with this i am very willing to offer you / your staff a thorough coaching on how to properly adress issues and problems in public forums (including general code of conduct coaching). i would be willing to give you a very good package price for a couple of seminars - get in touch! dont be shy - i think you would greatly benefit from this.
All our advertisement placed is classified therefore there will not be any issue on the advertisement placed here in near future. We are on course of training our sales people on the customer service skill therefore your training course not required perhaps you can place your seminars in the classified.If anybody has any problem on the product quality, bad customer service or sales agent can channel their personal experience to info@houzdepot.com so that our customer service personal would be able to look to resolve or improve our customer service. Those value information we would consider as good feedback to improve our service but hope the isolated incident you had encounter before may not deter you from patronizing houz depot.
+Quote Post
weikee
post Jul 11 2012, 11:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Please, you placing classified on the complain thread. Something sure not right.
+Quote Post
houzdepot
post Jul 11 2012, 12:01 PM

QUOTE(weikee @ Jul 11 2012, 12:57 PM)
Please, you placing classified on the complain thread. Something sure not right.
Initally had placed here but had removed and placed it classified.
+Quote Post
PJusa
post Jul 11 2012, 01:21 PM

Regular

you really dont get sarcasm do you?
+Quote Post
j1302
post Jan 31 2013, 02:43 PM

Group: New Member

hey all, i'm new here. usually i juz read forum posts anonymously but i guess i shud share my own experiences 2.

i noe some of u have had sum bad Xperience with houz depot. personally, i've had good experience with them. perhaps its 2013 now & they have changed 4 de better. no doubt most of de staff r foreigners, but they were very helpful. juz moved in2 a 2nd hand home, n a lot of things need 2 b repaired. i got a quotation fr de renovator dat did my sis' hse but he quoted me a bomb! in de end i asked 4 de list of things needed 2 b replaced n went 2 a few smaller shops n houz depot pj 2 compare prices n variety.

at 1st i felt lost, since i'm a 1st time hse owner. there were a lot of things dat i couldn't find in other shops. but i finally c de light at de end of de tunnel when i got 2 houz depot. with de list in hand, i approached 1 of de staff n she directed me 2 de right areas. they were very helpful in locating de things i need. in de end, i bought 90% of de things in de list at houz depot at 30-40% cheaper than what was quoted by de renovator!

most of de things needs 2 b delivered n i set a date n time with them. on dat day of delivery, they called me 2 tell me they were running late. but i really appreciate them calling me in advance. but all was well, they arrived 30 mins later than promised because of de traffic.

i think instead of shooting them n not give them a chance at all, u should pay a visit and experience it 4 urself. i'm glad i did instead of 4lowing forums blindly. i will definitely return as save money is my priority, besides de quality n service of course.

give them a try biggrin.gif mayb u'll b surprised
+Quote Post
sathishraj
post Apr 19 2013, 10:53 AM

true.. its expensive.. try other place.. more cheap and quality
+Quote Post
mycloneone
post Jun 25 2013, 03:34 PM

I also have very bad experience. After payment of Tiles, have to wait more than 30 minutes for the customer service to informed that all staff have gone for lunch to sent the items bought to the carafter asking why nobody help us to sent the items to the car. After 1 hour waiting nobody help to attend to sent the items to the car. I personally have to make noise then they try to look for someone to help us to sent to the car... Very lousy customer service, staff do not have sense of courtesy..lousy lousy lousy...
+Quote Post
Chigme
post Jul 2 2013, 11:19 AM

Casual

I have bought a few items from them. I like the convenience of one stop concept with many variety to choose from. They have clear return policies unlike other hardware shops. Also their online store is useful as i can compare the prices and choice of stocks available for better decision making. As for the price, we can get good bargain when there is sales/promotion. The foreigner staff is helpful but not so knowledgeable about location of stuff outside their care. The company should give store wide training to their staff.

This post has been edited by Chigme: Jul 2 2013, 11:26 AM
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0812sec    0.97    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th April 2014 - 02:16 AM