Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> THE WHARF PUCHONG [OWNERS' THREAD], The new Puchong downtown begins here Investment

views

lioncarlsberg
post Jan 26 2013, 10:41 AM

Casual
301 posts

Yes, the construction progress looks very fast. But we have to consider that they must complete 3 residential towers, the shopping mall and the retail units at the same time.

Bolton having a launch party today & tomorrow. Anybody going? How's the sales of Tower 28 so far?

user posted image

This post has been edited by lioncarlsberg: Jan 26 2013, 10:53 AM
lioncarlsberg
post Jan 26 2013, 10:48 AM

Casual
301 posts

Some good news for residents in Tasik Prima - land approved for three schools, namely Chinese, Catholic & Autism centre. Overall this will be good spillover effect for our Wharf investment also. I don't know the date of this article but I got it from here:

http://selangortimes.com/index.php?section...angor%20schools

New land approved for Selangor schools

PUCHONG: Land for three new schools and a centre for autistic students have been approved by the state to cater to overwhelming demand from the community.

“We have already approved the land for the schools to share,” said state executive councilor Teresa Kok.

The Kinrara assembly person said the state had received many complaints about the lack of public, vernacular and religious schools, especially in the Petaling district.

The schools, SJKC Yak Chee (2) and SMJK Katholik (2), and an autistic centre will be located in Ta- man Tasik Prima. A further 5.93 acres of land will be reserved for a primary Islamic religious school in Bandar Kinrara.

About 2.5 acres have been approved for the autism school, which will be built by the developers of Taman Tasik Prima. The rest of the land will be divided between the schools.

Although land for the new schools has been approved, the school boards still need approval from the Education Ministry be- fore they can proceed with construction.

Kok expressed hope that approval will be given immediately to enable the schools to start drafting plans on how to fully maximise the space.

The schools can share some common facilities like a field, courts and canteen to optimise the land.

She added that there should be no reason for the ministry not to give the green light.

She pointed out that SJKC Yak Chee in Taman Bukit Kuchai and SMJK Katholik in Petaling Jaya are highly reputable. Allow ing them to open branches in Puchong would benefit the community here, she said.

Each of these schools has about 3,000 to 4,000 students, with both having to turn down about 1,000 students annually due to lack of space. “The new schools will be within the vicinity of Puchong and it is convenient for residents to send their children there,” she added.

The autism school will also be a reputable one as it will be run by professionals from the National Autistic Society of Malaysia.

“This is part of our corporate social responsibility plan. We strive to give the best to the community,” said Tasik Prima project manager John Lou Chee Khiam.

He added that the move would also be timely because there is no autism centre in Puchong and surrounding areas.

Representatives from SJKC Yak Chee and SMJK Katholik also gave their thumbs-up to the move,

“We applied for land two years ago, and we are happy the state approved it this year,” SMJK Katholik Alumni chairperson Fong Kui Lun.

He said the school had applied for land in a few area, but they preferred Puchong because it is not that far from their current school in Petaling Jaya.

SJKC Yak Chee Alumni chair- person Liong Yen Lan said the school was already bursting at the seams.

lioncarlsberg
post Jan 27 2013, 05:15 PM

Casual
301 posts

QUOTE(mango27 @ Jan 26 2013, 06:46 PM)
Definitely a good news.. Congrats to all wharf buyers then.. But I wonder where would these built? I don't see many available lands in tasik prima anymore..
There is some vacant land next to the Bolton Studio (sales office). Maybe that area is sufficient to build these schools.

I doubt that they would allocate any of their land at the lake area for the schools, as those will be prime area for future (higher value) once the commercial activities around the lake take off in a few years time.

This post has been edited by lioncarlsberg: Jan 27 2013, 05:16 PM
lioncarlsberg
post Jan 27 2013, 05:17 PM

Casual
301 posts

QUOTE(Vestor @ Jan 27 2013, 04:07 PM)
What does it mean by (2) in both the schools of Yak Chee and Katholik?
Is it the 2nd branch or something like that?
Yes, that is how I understand it also. Apparently these are quite well known schools and by building a (2) branch, it hopes to continue the same type of quality or tradition of teaching/education for the pupils.

QUOTE(apend @ Jan 27 2013, 06:37 AM)
there is a good unit next to M/E room..what is advantage and disadvantage of unit near M/E room??can some1 explain..looking to book the unit..
I think they offer slightly cheaper for this unit, right? Disadvantage would maybe be the potential noise coming from the M/E room (Mechanical & Electrical). I imagine the pumps and motors are housed here. The advantage would be a better rental yield if you can get the tenant to take the rent as near as possible to market value.

This post has been edited by lioncarlsberg: Jan 27 2013, 05:21 PM
lioncarlsberg
post Feb 14 2013, 08:20 PM

Casual
301 posts

QUOTE(apend @ Jan 30 2013, 12:22 AM)
book a unit at level 14 instead of level 15(next to M/E room)..quite happy with it.. icon_rolleyes.gif
now,the problem is bank loans..which bank offer the best deals?? icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif  icon_question.gif
Do you mean that yours is next to M/E room?
lioncarlsberg
post Feb 23 2013, 12:53 PM

Casual
301 posts

QUOTE(ijimwong @ Feb 19 2013, 12:18 AM)
Looks like the puchong utama interchange is almost here!!
http://putraprimapuchong.blogspot.com/2013...nterchange.html
Anyone  got nanyang newspaper link in english? this link here translated the mandarin to english quite badly.
So, what does it say in English?

By the way, today and tomorrow this Bolton is organising some Chinese New Year open house.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
lioncarlsberg
post Mar 3 2013, 10:20 AM

Casual
301 posts

QUOTE(kradun @ Feb 24 2013, 09:56 PM)
Got any facebook page for The Wharfian?
I don't recommend that we use Facebook, it's not as practical as many people think.
Why not we use this lowyat forum? It's easy to refer to one place.

Let me start the list here. For security reason, we don't put our unit number here.
Maybe just the "type" (Studio, or 2 room, or 3 room, or "Others") will be enough.
Then we update as more members log in.

The Wharf List

Tower 8

Tower 18
1. Lioncarlsberg, 2-Room

Tower 28

lioncarlsberg
post Mar 9 2013, 10:14 AM

Casual
301 posts

Some mess-up in the previous posts. I've cleaned it up, this is the latest:

The Wharf List

Tower 8
1. RIX24 3-room
2. Apscen -2 rooms
3. pmmonkey - 2 rooms

Tower 18
1. Lioncarlsberg, 2-Room
2. Marbury, 2-Room
3. darklander, 3-room
4. KC 3-room

Tower 28
1. apend, 3-Room
2. kradun, 2-room
3. pbc06 - 3 Room
lioncarlsberg
post Mar 9 2013, 10:46 AM

Casual
301 posts

Some latest news about the proposed schools. This is from Selangor Times website:

60,000 petition for Puchong schools
Writer: Chong Loo Wah
Published: Fri, 22 Feb 2013

PUTRAJAYA: Calls for the approval of Catholic High School 2 and SJK© Yak Chee in Puchong are gathering momentum after campaigners submitted 60,000 petition cards to the Education Ministry here.

Residents calling for the approval of two vernacular schools in Puchong demonstrated in front of the Education Ministry in Putrajaya on Feb 20.

Catholic High School 2 Development Committee chairperson Chong Fat Leong said the group had previously met separately with Prime Minister Datuk Sri Najib Razak and his deputy Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin but their appeals had fallen on deaf ears.

“That’s why we launched a signature campaign to show Tan Sri Muhyiddin (who is also Education Minister) that the public is demanding for the schools,” said Chong.

Chong, along with 31 other representatives from Catholic High School, SJK© Han Ming, SJK© Sin Ming, and SJK© Yak Chee demonstrated outside the ministry before handing over the cards.

They had approached Muhyiddin on Dec 24 last year while they also met Najib on Feb 17 to raise their concerns.

There are currently 3,000 students in Catholic High School, which is situated in Petaling Jaya, and about 1,000 of its students live in Puchong.

Chong said students from Puchong have to wake up as early as 5am and may only arrive home at 7pm due to the long distance of commuting.

Due to the limited space available in Catholic High School, approximately 1,000 applications from parents have to be rejected as well each year.

He also said the ball is now in the federal government’s court as the state government had already allocated land for the school.

“The state government had already alienated a piece of land for the school, right now we are only waiting for the federal government’s approval,” said Chong.

lioncarlsberg
post Mar 9 2013, 10:54 AM

Casual
301 posts

Pictures for the upcoming Interchange at Maju Jaya:

http://tpp8a.com/2013/02/22/%E8%A1%94%E6%8...9E%B6%E6%A1%A5/

Looks like it will also join to Millenium City:

user posted image
lioncarlsberg
post Apr 7 2013, 08:58 PM

Casual
301 posts

Regardless of whether you bought The Wharf for own stay or to be rented out, have you imagined how would the typical day be for the residents when everything is ready?

Saturday morning at The Wharf (2-room)
For my 2-room condo, I imagine a typical small family.

8am Dad wakes up, gets ready, goes to the Gym
9am Mum & little boy meets Dad at the Gym, all three walk over to Mall area
9.30am Breakfast at McDonalds, reading the morning papers
10.30am ATM & Banks area, complete some cash or cheque bill payments
11am Shopping for weekly household or grocery items
12pm Drop by restaurant for lunch
1pm Head back home to The Wharf

lioncarlsberg
post Apr 7 2013, 09:03 PM

Casual
301 posts

QUOTE(Rick.st.lim @ Apr 1 2013, 05:48 PM)
bought a room @ tower28 , but not my intention. was more interest on type G with 2room but left none =( cause asking price is higher few 10k which i think more worth/ideal for rental.

1room type 560psf which i feel overprice. I bought it as agent fren of mine saying is worth as surrounding will boom with alot development soon. And he say can help rent it out for me.

what do u guys think?
If you bought if for rental play and not for flipping, it should be okay. Whether 1-room or 2-room, there should be decent demand. The main point will be the success of the shopping mall. If very very "Wong", then your rental will follow. "Overprice" or not depends on the future rental or future demand (Cap apprciation).

If bought for own stay, then the 1-room would unlikely be suitable for most people (Those who can afford to buy already have a family, those who are single cannot yet afford to buy).

lioncarlsberg
post Apr 7 2013, 09:05 PM

Casual
301 posts

QUOTE(AMINT @ Apr 7 2013, 09:03 PM)
Confirm got mcd? I hope got la. Mcd got 3 only in puchong excluding puchong south as i consider tht is actually seri kembangan
No, no, not confirmed. Just my imagination. laugh.gif

But if I was Bolton, McDonald's would definitely be one of the Top 10 must-have tenants. I hope Bolton is not so stupid to omit them.
lioncarlsberg
post Apr 20 2013, 01:41 AM

Casual
301 posts

QUOTE(Rick.st.lim @ Apr 10 2013, 02:29 PM)
me n my fren bought jus next to each other, my 1st time buy condo. is it possible i can knock a hole on wall in between our unit. haha, so it can have 1k+sq with east &south view. LOL , afraid later collapse de building. haha
Oh no please don't!
lioncarlsberg
post Apr 20 2013, 01:47 AM

Casual
301 posts

QUOTE(AMINT @ Apr 7 2013, 09:03 PM)
Confirm got mcd? I hope got la. Mcd got 3 only in puchong excluding puchong south as i consider tht is actually seri kembangan
McD got 3 in puchong? If excluding Puchong South, there is:
- IOI Mall
- Tesco Puchong
- Puchong Perdana
- no others?

The Puchong South one, I think you are referring to the one along the LDP at Puchong Gateway, right? Did you know it has a McCafe inside? It serves premium coffee like Latte and Capucinno and other premium drinks (Frappe).

lioncarlsberg
post Apr 20 2013, 01:51 AM

Casual
301 posts

QUOTE(Vestor @ Apr 8 2013, 09:07 AM)
Every Sat also eat fastfood @McD? If go to gym, better skip this high calorie meals.
Anyway do agree that this is the kind of outlook of futuristic living lifestyles  thumbup.gif
Actually McD breakfast is not like the normal fastfood. It's just muffins and eggs and sausages, hash brown. To me is not so unhealthy but just like a western breakfast. I think the nasi lemak is more unhealthy with the santan!
biggrin.gif
lioncarlsberg
post Apr 20 2013, 02:03 AM

Casual
301 posts

the Wharf List

Tower 8
1. RIX24 3-room
2. Apscen -2 rooms
3. Komagian - 3 rooms
4. pmmonkey - 2 rooms
5. boyzabne - 2 rooms
6. deznom

Tower 18
1. Lioncarlsberg, 2-Room
2. Marbury, 2-Room
3. darklander, 3-room
4. KC 3-room
5. Georgesim98 2 room

Tower 28
1. apend, 3-Room
2. kradun, 2-room
3. pbc06 - 3 Room
4. aventador360- 3 Room
5. CNJY-1 room
6. SHP-3 room
7. koh_424 2-room
8. Rick.st.lim 1-room
lioncarlsberg
post Jun 1 2013, 09:57 AM

Casual
301 posts

This weekend, developer is advertising the Dual Key units

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
lioncarlsberg
post Jun 1 2013, 10:09 AM

Casual
301 posts

QUOTE(AMINT @ May 25 2013, 06:35 PM)
Sadly, if I am the one managing jusco, I wont open here coz I just acquired carrefour nearby and called it aeon big. But business hasnt been good since I changed it from carrefour
AMINT, actually that is a popular misconception. Carrefour (AEON Big) and Jusco (AEON) actually operate at different market segments. We have seen time and again many examples of Jusco and a hypermarket (Tesco) exist successfully in the same location, sometimes side by side. Therefore, I don't see any problem for AEON Big and AEON to be placed close by. We can also see this point from the Star article

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?f...72&sec=business

Meanwhile, analysts told StarBiz that any cannibalisation between Aeon BIG and Aeon Malaysia would be minimal as the two operate in different segments, with the latter seen as catering to the lower to middle-income bracket while Aeon Malaysia's customers are more affluent.

Of course I'm not saying that Jusco is coming to the Wharf smile.gif . It doesn't matter actually, as long as a good anchor tenant (Jusco or Parkson or Cold Storage or ---) is secured. But I just wanted to point out this misconception that forumers keep repeating.

lioncarlsberg
post Jun 22 2013, 12:54 AM

Casual
301 posts

QUOTE(StanleyKH @ Jun 21 2013, 04:49 PM)
Mind to share where is the news source? Quite sad that developer only want money and forget about develop the community

Where is this new development located?
But the Selangor Times article mentions this “The state government had already alienated a piece of land for the school, right now we are only waiting for the federal government’s approval,” said Chong.

If the land already by the State Government, how can the developer take back?

But then, I don't doubt that developer may build the condos as the rumour said, but maybe on a different plot of land maybe?

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0602sec    0.16    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:34 PM