Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Best way to send money from singapore to malaysia

views

teo_jio_lang
post Feb 21 2014, 08:15 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(henrytanck @ Feb 8 2013, 11:00 AM)
For me I think Maybank Singapore is the best for me to remmitance fund from Singapore to Malaysia, but you must have Maybank Malaysia account first.

Remmitance fund by using Maybank Singapore Online Banking, per day transfer limit is S$3000, but you can amend the limit up to S$20000 per day, the bank will charge one off service charges S$15 per transaction (to Maybank Malaysia account) and you will get the RM in your Maybank Malaysia account on the same transaction day if you done the transfer completely before 4pm of the working days.

Another good thing to have Maybank Singapore account is ou can withdraw the money at ATM Maybank Malaysia with free of service charges, the exchange rate is base on the current foreign exchange rate.

Real Example:
XE showed S$ 1 = RM 2.50
Maybank current exchange rate: S$1 = Rm 2.471

Today I do online remmitance S$10000 and done completely on 3:45pm, so I will get the RM within another 2 more hours which is RM24710, but total charge only S$15. (Just like during CNY period, the money changer rate is low althought the real exchange rate is high, so Maybank Singapore will be the good choice for those who need to convert the S$ to RM within this period.)
Total cost: S$10000 + 15 = RM24710

And if I withdraw RM 20 on the same day at the Maybank Malaysia ATM, they will only deduct S$8.09 from my Maybank Singapore account. Withdraw limit is equivalent S$3000 only per day.
If you can withdraw money using Maybank Sg Acc with exchange rate, then u can just leave your Sg Acc ATM with your family, they withdraw it. Not need to do remittance with $15 charge. Just keep the amount u want to transfer in Maybank Sg, remaining money keep in other Sg bank acc

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0166sec    0.12    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:46 PM