1,022 posts

Please define NATION school.
Theres Kebangsaan, © and (T)

Odd considering 1 Malaysia - there should be just 1 type of school
Hikari0307
post Aug 4 2010, 03:43 PM

平成の光
4,541 posts

QUOTE(Sitting Duck @ Aug 4 2010, 01:00 PM)
Hi All,

I went to register my children into primary one in one of the nation school, and was given a checklist for the things/certs/etc that needs to be submitted to the school.

One of the thing that the school requested was parent pay slip.

Can anyone tell me why does the school require parent pay slip? And any advice if we should or should not be submitting the pay slip. I believe pay slip is P&C and school should not be asking for it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.
They have no right as far as I know to make it compulsory for you to provide a copy of your pay slip unless your asking for some kind of assistance.Probably they can ask you to state your family's total income but I don't think they have the right to ask for a copy of your pay slip if your not asking for anything.
Nowadays even the pinjaman buku teks is given to all students without looking at the parents income. Unless your in a private school where your pay matters or maybe in an SBP where got some Suwa Tambahan for people with high salaries in which since your child is entering year 1 that won't be the case.

Go meet with the management or the Guru Besar of the school to clarify this matter. Make sure to sort it out with them since they might keep harassing your child for it if you just ignore the thing and do nothing.
Nevins
post Aug 4 2010, 03:59 PM

34 posts

QUOTE(funnyTONE @ Aug 4 2010, 03:32 PM)
Don't be paranoid lah. Nobody wants to suck your money, moreover the school. Its parents like you that is giving the school administration headache. Do you always question the bank on why they require so much documentation, or even other government bodies?
Don't know about your experience but the bank usually explains, or at least, they explain when I ask. Some Government documents are obvious: salary slips for income tax forms, land deeds for title transfers...

ONE: It is to determine the family financial status. YES, they need to know. Perhaps your child might deserve some funding assistance.
Provide such information on documents and issue that to the parents. I.E. household income within this range are qualified to X% of financial assistance.

TWO: the school would like to know if you're under government or private sector. Again, there are multiple reasons to WHY this information is important.
Provide a reason for asking. I'm not saying "Refuse all information requests regardless of reason"; I'm just saying this sort of information needs more transparency, both ways, not just one-way. If an organization/person has valid justification to acquire and retain records of so-and-so, then they should have no problem justifying that.

THREE: as proof that your information is VALID. Since anyone claim to be rich/dirt poor, it does help when parents bother to present a copy of their salary slip.
I agree.

And just so you know, it is for the best interest of your children that the school/teachers make it their business to know of the student's family background.
And it is also in our best interests (parents/children) to know why the school needs to know said information. Help us to help you, yeah? Works both ways.
Answers in red, no personal attack intended.
limeuu
post Aug 4 2010, 04:02 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,923 posts

Don't be paranoid lah. Nobody wants to suck your money, moreover the school. Its parents like you that is giving the school administration headache. Do you always question the bank on why they require so much documentation, or even other government bodies?

ONE: It is to determine the family financial status. YES, they need to know. Perhaps your child might deserve some funding assistance.

TWO: the school would like to know if you're under government or private sector. Again, there are multiple reasons to WHY this information is important.

like?

THREE: as proof that your information is VALID. Since anyone claim to be rich/dirt poor, it does help when parents bother to present a copy of their salary slip.
if people want help, fine, you need to substantiate you requests......if you do not want?......you do NOT need to prove the reverse......
And just so you know, it is for the best interest of your children that the school/teachers make it their business to know of the student's family background.
family background does NOT extend to detailed information like salary slips....

and there is something called right to privacy.........and NO, there are some information other people does NOT necessary have the right to know.......whether it's government or private (eg banks)........
TSSitting Duck
post Aug 4 2010, 06:40 PM

Casual
404 posts

QUOTE(natzakaria @ Aug 4 2010, 03:37 PM)
Please define NATION school.
Theres Kebangsaan, © and (T)

Odd considering 1 Malaysia - there should be just 1 type of school
well, it's Kebangsaan, ©, but does it matter? I thought all schools ask for it..
BillySteel
post Aug 4 2010, 08:13 PM

On my way
661 posts

I taught providing salary slip is optional if and only if you are requesting for "Pinjaman Buku Teks".

I don't see any other reason for them(school) to request to see your salary slip or harass your kid for your salary slip. This should remain P&C. Heck we dont even talk with our collegues about our salary.

Whatever it is kindly refuse the teachers request personally. I know my dad used to do that.
+3kk!
post Aug 4 2010, 09:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,275 posts

i dont know about you, but when i was young the teachers and principals used to target the rich kids for donations and openly even at times comment on such matters.

TSSitting Duck
post Aug 5 2010, 10:36 AM

Casual
404 posts

OK. Went to school to check this morning. There are set of forms that the parents need to fill up to register the children and one of the form did ask about the household income. The admin clerk mentioned that as long as the parent do not put less than RM1800, then the parents do not need to submit the salary slip. Reason being that students that comes from a household that earn < RM1800, the school will try to arrange for some kind of financial assistant for the family, like monthly donation of RM100 to the family.

There were cases that some parents fill up < RM1800, and the school arranged some financial help for the family, only later to find out that the family stays in a bangalow...

So for parents out there, it's optional, but please check with the school authority.

Will update this in my first post and thanks for the help guys.
Sofia_wong88
post Aug 5 2010, 02:24 PM

5 posts

yes..the salary is P&C..the school should not asking about that...
kavybean
post Aug 6 2010, 09:49 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

its one of the way thy check the qualification bt nt in the proper way lo... quite annoying in fact vmad.gif
JonSpark
post Aug 8 2010, 10:55 PM

ai shiteru
4,825 posts

When they want donation, they know who to call lol.
dogbert_chew
post Aug 9 2010, 12:57 AM

Regular
1,126 posts

I put one kid through govt primary and secondary school and have never given any salary documentation despite being asked to. Just meet up with the class teachers when collecting report book and build a relationship with them and they will give your child some exceptions when following illogical and irrational instructions from State Education Departments. Don't blame the teachers or the school cos they are not the culprit.

What's the maximum salary to enjoy some benefits .. RM1.8K ? I just indicate 2K as salary.
Amzach
post Aug 22 2010, 10:49 PM

43 posts

To answer that:-
The data teacher need the data so that they could key in the data in the system given by the MOE (compulsory for the teacher in charge, so if you want to make their life miserable for always having to ask your child for it and later cheat the number on your behalve, keep ignoring it. To me if we make someone miserable, then someday we will get the same punishment for the act that we have done).
It's not compulsory if you are not going to request for some type of help from the government.
It's also as a research material for the higher ups people in the ministry to evaluate the data given.
As for the donation, erm... yeah, some school will ask you to donate, but in my school, we teachers are forbidden to went directly to the parents asking for donation because if we want to ask for something, we could always go to the PIBG for it.
jayb2
post Jan 7 2019, 09:56 PM

41 posts

Parents not obliged to give payslips to schools

Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018...DTIHrOxbKDDW.99
kitt2000
post Nov 3 2022, 12:19 PM

7 posts

Just put 0 amount as I did. Every year the same ! primary 1 ask for salary! primary 2 same thing...now my child is primary 3 still ask for my salary...so annoying...I put jobless but don't require financial aid.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0173sec    0.16    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:33 PM