Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

JDorama Fan's Club Version 6

views

dundermifflin
post Nov 12 2010, 08:14 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

completed Joker [2010] yesterday..

the general idea is great, but with poor execution. the 3 main cast are disappointing. it had 11 episodes, but was concluded in 10th. the finale just a review of all previous episodes and preparation to possible sequences.

5.5/10.

This post has been edited by dundermifflin: Nov 12 2010, 02:57 PM
dundermifflin
post Nov 15 2010, 10:00 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

QUOTE(jayhan @ Nov 8 2010, 02:31 PM)
LIAR GAME has awesome OST.
i use it for my for my final project (educational game)

This post has been edited by dundermifflin: Nov 19 2010, 03:21 PM
dundermifflin
post Nov 19 2010, 03:28 PM

Getting Started
237 posts

66th Television Drama Academy Awards (2010-Oct-27)

* Best Drama: Gegege no Nyobo
* Best Actor: Sakai Masato / Joker Yurusarezaru Sosakan
* Best Actress: Ayase Haruka / Hotaru no Hikari 2
* Best Supporting Actor: Mukai Osamu / Gegege no Nyobo
* Best Supporting Actress: Takeuchi Yuko / Natsu no Koi wa Nijiiro ni Kagayaku
* Best Screenwriter: Kudo Kankuro / Unubore Deka
* Best Directors: Kudo Kankuro, Yoshida Ken, Doi Nobuhiro, Kaneko Fuminori / Unubore Deka
* Best Theme song: Love Rainbow / Natsu no Koi wa Nijiiro ni Kagayaku
* Special Award: Moteki

em, will try the best drama later.. hmm.gif

Ayase Haruka is very annoying me in Hotaru no Hikari 2, but i thinks thats the indication she really filled that clueless /naive girl role perfectly.. Sakai Masato, he seem emotionless in that role. quite surprise to see he's winning it.
dundermifflin
post Nov 23 2010, 07:30 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

QUOTE(notoriousfiq @ Nov 19 2010, 09:22 PM)
Just finished Atami no Sousakan.
It was full of annoying lame acting, pathetic "jokes", unnecessary scenes, etc.. but it has the one thing I love the most.. the psychological aspect..

I wouldn't recommend this to everyone, because of the pathetic "jokes" shit etc, but if u like what I like; detective stuff and/or psychology, it's worth the watch, definitely..

Added on November 19, 2010, 9:29 pm
oh, to add: I haven't figure out what really happen.. still mindfu*ked..
^from my short memory, from your own review, u always watched poor /average drama.. hehe.. whats' your favourite drama in recent year?

em, watched 1st episode of SPEC 2 [2010]. its good, but nothing spectacular.. Toda Erika is not the prettiest but really talented young actress and versatile rclxms.gif
dundermifflin
post Nov 23 2010, 09:53 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

QUOTE(notoriousfiq @ Nov 23 2010, 08:43 AM)
oh I am? haha..well.. it's just that recently I dont take from d-addicts as much.. thus, not having much choice.. also, I don't rely on viewers review/ratings, it's the genre of the show that I look for..

but hey, don't get me wrong, Atami no Sousakan is good if u are able to ignore the silly part of the show.. especially the ending.. almost like a hollywood grade mindf*ck..
ill try it later, i take your words. its rare to see mindf*** jdrama. already found a complete links with subtitle.

im 'stuck' with lot of latest jdrama, waiting for subtitles. most dissapointing is Gold [2010]. only 3 episode subbed cry.gif
dundermifflin
post Nov 30 2010, 08:56 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

QUOTE(broken_string @ Nov 29 2010, 08:04 PM)
the glory days of jdrama is long gone..
i think we just spoilt by choices. the ages of internet broadband, we can download various type of drama from various country. me myself, im not really hooked to JDrama compare 5-6 years ago. still love it, but too many other different choices.

dundermifflin
post Nov 30 2010, 05:12 PM

Getting Started
237 posts

^im versatile.. because i believe if the drama totally rely on story (not CGI thingy), where it comes from not really important. even our own local production.. im not favour of Korean, HK mainly because the length of the story.. but i believe there are many quality dramas over there.

IMO its a big mistake to label /stereotyping drama by its origin /hasty generalization..

Newest JDrama on my list..

SPEC <--subtitle stuck on EP01
Himitsu <--looked promising, subtitle group seem very dedicated.. remake of Himitsu [1999], The Secret [2007] Hollywood remake..
Freeter <--no subtitle yet..

This post has been edited by dundermifflin: Nov 30 2010, 05:15 PM
dundermifflin
post Dec 3 2010, 08:35 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

Unubore Deka [2010]

good stuff. the hero is brilliant, but i think he model himself too much after Jim Carey.

the 1-4 episodes are very predictable, but new faces of beauty of villain for every single episode make it up. 5-10 episodes are good, though the villain characters replace with much more old women. the finale are very good indeed.

lot of funny moments and dialogues. but TBH i didnt get it much because too much of pop /cultural references. love the Unubore routine dance (though admittedly seem very gay-ish and idiotic)

also watched Joker and Hotaru no Hikari 2 of same batch of drama, but Unubore Deka are clearly the better one..

7/10..
dundermifflin
post Dec 8 2010, 08:17 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

QUOTE(PetomJL @ Dec 7 2010, 04:36 PM)
Couldn't agree more, I dig things that I like and I don't care if they are trendy or not thumbup.gif. In fact my first jdramas addiction goes back to dubbing days (Oshin, Akantare and Moero Attack lol! Hahaha I'm old  tongue.gif).

And yes, I use to buy boxsets! Actually its one of the reason of my interest in jdramas, because back in my college days when downloading is unheard of (haha!) jdrama boxsets were relatively easy to get (and cheap too! laugh.gif ). Was kinda weekly routine to go down Jusco and buy jdrama series (and yes Jusco had d cheapest price among all lol). I didn't buy them anymore now, d main reason being the subtitles were terrible! Fansubs are way better alternatives, so yeah who can be blamed eh  laugh.gif
i still remember watching JDrama boxset days, yes, the subtitle are terrible. poor translation and use BM of Standard 3. but still, im hooked.

last year, i bought 2 boxsets of old drama. very cheap, RM 5 each. but, after watched few minutes, i decided to download it for another copy. cant stand with the poor subtitle (and the quality of picture).

Takashi Sorimachi and Nanako Matsushima are my favourite stars back then. but Sorimachi these days is always involved in mediocre /not so successful drama /film, while Matsushima is just content with minor supporting role. they're real life couple.

dundermifflin
post Dec 9 2010, 12:07 PM

Getting Started
237 posts

QUOTE(synzo @ Dec 8 2010, 10:48 AM)
which are the latest most highly watched jdoramas from this year ?
i usually check on DramaWiki for rating, but recently theyre not providing anymore.. me myself used to using rating as an indicator before choosing a drama to watch. and also award winning list..

this ive found randomly using Google..

Best Drama Ratings in first half of 2010

Drama Ratings Top 10 (for a single episode):

01 – 24.4% – Episode 05 of "Ryoma den"
02 – 22.4% – Episode 01 of "Tsuki no Koibito"
03 – 21.2% – Episode 01 of the DramaSP "Wagaya no Rekishi"
04 – 21.0% – Episode 01 of "Shinzanmono"
05 – 20.5% – Episode 75 of the morning drama "Gegege no Nyobo"
06 – 20.4% – Episode 19 (Finale) of "Aibo Season 8"
07 – 19.4% – The Drama SP "Saigo no Yakusoku"
08 – 18.8% – Episode 01 of "Code Blue Season 2"
09 – 18.6% – Episode 10 (Finale) of "Magerarenai Onna"
09 – 18.6% – Episode 02,05 and 10 of "Rinjo 2"
source:http://www.socuteasian.com/best-drama-rati...t-half-of-2010/
dundermifflin
post Dec 15 2010, 07:23 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

Atami No Sousakan [2010]

love the basic story, quite refreshing than typical JDrama. the ending are quite mind boggling. funny moments here and there. but, overall its just an average show. 5/10.

QUOTE(notoriousfiq @ Nov 19 2010, 09:22 PM)
oh, to add: I haven't figure out what really happen.. still mindfu*ked..
me too..

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by dundermifflin: Dec 15 2010, 05:17 PM
dundermifflin
post Dec 21 2010, 11:34 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

^overall its ok la, i reconsider my rating, ill give 6.5 out of 10.. gave me something different than typical JDrama.. the idea are great, just execution are so-so, the ending are rather poor.. having said that, if they make the SP to give us better conclusion, ill definitely watch it..

This post has been edited by dundermifflin: Dec 21 2010, 11:37 AM
dundermifflin
post Dec 27 2010, 05:36 PM

Getting Started
237 posts

QUOTE(jayhan @ Dec 22 2010, 04:18 PM)
I seriously recommend SPEC for drama of the year.
emm, watched it fully?

u watched it with sub or not?
dundermifflin
post Jan 23 2011, 09:15 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

QUOTE(notoriousfiq @ Jan 4 2011, 08:36 PM)
anyway, just finish Himitsu.. fast forward lots of scene.. giving it a 4.5/10
Himitsu [2010]

currently watching, on 7th. not rushing to finish it..

im already know the storyline (from re-make English movie). so its quite predictable (a bit of change here and there)

totally boring, though the acting are quite out standing.

but i might looking the original Himitsu movie later..
dundermifflin
post Jan 23 2011, 11:51 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

QUOTE(James_yka @ Jan 23 2011, 10:19 AM)
Does anyone still remember the 1st ever dorama you watch ?
If im not wrong my 1st was Lunch Queen at TV3... the 1st impression was JDorama has the best plot i ever seen comparing to others country...
the very 1st reason why i love JDorama so much...
i believe the 1st one i watched, Oshin. but i barely remember the storyline.. im still little kids n the drama are longgg..

then Maero Attack, solely because bunch of girls wearing shorts.. forgot already the story, just remember 'somersault berpusing'..

the real 1st one i watched seriously, GTO..

dundermifflin
post Jan 24 2011, 11:22 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

My random choices for Jan 2011

Taisetsu na Koto wa Subete Kimi ga Oshiete Kureta
Toda and Miura play two teachers, Natsumi Uemura and Shuji Kashiwagi, at the same high school who are set to get married in half a year. However, the night before the school year's opening ceremony, Shuji becomes involved with the young Hikari Saeki (played by Takei), without realizing that she will be a student in his class starting the next day. As Shuji struggles to help Hikari deal with the mental complex she is suffering from, he is also torn inside by his betrayal of Natsumi. Meanwhile, Hikari attempts to get closer to Natsumi, driven by feelings of jealousy and a desire to destroy the couple's relationship.
Why? Its Toda Erika and Fuji TV's drama usually watch-able..

Control ~ Hanzai Shinri Sousa
Segawa Rio, a quick-acting detective, gets transferred to the Tokyo Metropolitan Police’s Violent Crimes Division after she got shot during her previous case. She is made to work together with Nagumo Jun, a level-headed but eccentric psychology professor whoes skills at behavioral analysis are the key to tracking down the criminals. There's also Teranishi Kei, a shy young detective who's had a crush on Segawa since their days at the academy.
Why? Its Fujiki Naohito and subtitle team seem dedicated..

Utsukushii Rinjin
A sudden encounter between a gracefully attractive but mysterious woman, Saki (Nakama Yukie), and an ordinary housewife, Eriko (Dan Rei), who has a happy family, causes Eriko’s serene daily life to fall apart. Eriko’s husband, Shinji (Watabe Atsuro) becomes the target of Saki’s advances and finds himself caught between her and his wife.
Why? I have crush on Nakama Yukie on my younger age, though she seem picking a poor drama these days..

Diplomat Kuroda Kousaku
This sequel to the movie Amalfi brings back Kuroda Kousaku, a diplomat who works at the Japanese anti-terrorism office. His new partner is Ogaki Rikako, a somewhat unreliable detective who loves onsen. The setting includes San Francisco, Mexico and Japan and the story also reveals Kuroda's past.
Why? Seem a serious /heavy drama (my type), and its on Fuji TV..

I'm ready to read preview any other new JDrama and welcoming other suggestion, because all above are just my random picking icon_rolleyes.gif
dundermifflin
post Jan 26 2011, 08:07 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

QUOTE(jayhan @ Jan 24 2011, 05:13 PM)
MISAKI no.1 is just a replica version of GOKUSEN. Boring. yawn.gif

LADY is good. Kitagawa Keiko drool.gif
Gokusen 2 & 3 itself are super boring.. too many similar drama like that (a weird /casual approach from not-so-good /loser teacher and reform bunch of gangster /loser /pathetic students)

Kitagawa Keiko? tq for bringing this up. im not notice she have a new drama.. will give a try..

em, recently i noticed Ayase Haruka as new face /model of SKII (some beauty product) in TV advert. normally they choose HK /Korean /local celebrity.. not sure Malaysian viewer know her.. dont care much, but i adore her..

This post has been edited by dundermifflin: Jan 26 2011, 08:10 AM
dundermifflin
post Jan 27 2011, 09:16 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

my Japanese friend rave and recommend this film. was 2010 Oscar hopeful, (but didnt get final nomination for Best Foreign Language Film)

Kokuhaku [2010] aka Confessions

user posted image

This post has been edited by dundermifflin: Jan 27 2011, 09:17 AM
dundermifflin
post Jan 31 2011, 08:07 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

watched this one last night..

Amarufi: Megami No Hoshu [2009] aka Amalfi: Rewards of the Goddess - JMovie

very Hollywood -esque, cat and mouse drama. dont think i like it much. watch it just because the sequels drama, Gaikoukan Kuroda Kosaku aka Diplomat Kuroda Kousaku are airing in Japan now. but ill give a try the drama.

were set Italy, and using 75% Japanese language and the rest Italian /English. make sure you get a proper subtitle.
dundermifflin
post Feb 18 2011, 08:45 AM

Getting Started
237 posts

QUOTE(Goliath764 @ Feb 16 2011, 12:00 PM)
Damn, just came back to JDorama after like 2 years of no-watching any. Anyone willing to share their top 3 JDorama of 2010 so I can errr...get to watch some awesome one?
not many good drama lately.. JDrama are getting boring these days, shame to say cause im always a big fan..

my recommendations (2010), which i watched:
-Mother : i think this is my favourite. but some might say its too slow, emotional.. thinking of Shiroi Haru (women version). humanity-family drama.
-Liar Game 2 : if u like the 1st season, the 2nd are must watch for continuity. thriller drama.
-Code Blue 2 : if u like the 1st season, the 2nd are must watch for continuity. medical drama.
-Keizoku 2 :SPEC : im not complete it yet (waiting for sub). im not watch the 1st season, but i understood its stand alone season and unrelated to each other. police-crime drama.
-GOLD : im not complete it yet (waiting for sub). sports-romantic-family drama.

mediocre /so-so list:
-Unubore Deka :funny as hell at certain points, recyling story each episodes. police-crime-comedy drama.
-Joker: Japanese Dexter. police-crime drama.
-Atami No Sousakan: mind-baffling, police-crime drama.
-Shinzanmono: police-crime-humanity drama.
-Hotaru No Hikari 2 :too girlish for me.. romantic-comedy drama.

avoid-it-like-plague list:
-Tsuki No Koibito :star studded, i love the casts, but awful drama.. romantic-corporate life drama.

This post has been edited by dundermifflin: Feb 18 2011, 11:01 AM

8 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0410sec    0.29    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:35 PM