Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

SEA or US ?, Halp !

views

TSShiningWizard
post Jul 31 2010, 05:34 PM, updated 14y ago

Getting Started
54 posts

Hey Starcraft fans !

I wonder which version stands superior for now , forget the cross region thing as i'm ok to play with anyone online, be it Asians or Snoop Dogg.

Would like you guys to throw some Value Info here that can help me decide which version to buy.

1) Latency. I heard from thsoe that played in teh US server didnt really experience frequent lag, as a matter of fact, it's quite smooth over there. But i've heard bad things happened in SEA server as IAH and Tm Nut are the usual culprits.

2) Population. Is it true that SEA server doesn't have as many players as targetted? I mean i heard that looking for a match could take up some time where else in the US server it's faster than our 3-Minute Maggi.

SEA players, please kindly post your input / views regarding these issues and your feedback will definately help me a great lot in deciding a version.

MUCH THANKS !

kianweic
post Jul 31 2010, 06:27 PM

Work hard, play hard.
3,809 posts

Read the stickies on FAQ.

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1507021
-ZeN-
post Jul 31 2010, 06:43 PM

Casual
353 posts

If answer specifically the question.

We paid rm248 and much expansive comparing in term of "how many maggie mee we can buy" to US.

So Blizz / IAHGames will make sure they do their best to fix the battlenet issue. Partially of the problems that uccurs for lag and so on, 1 thing is TMnut, so even if u connect to US (U can with SEA version in less than 60days from launch), ur TMnut making an ass of u, still u wont be able to enjoy.

For other country in same region, they got stricter rules on piracy, and their ISP is capping and routing in some way we dont know and is causing problem. So Blizz Official do also mention they are cooperating with locals ISP in SEA region. What a good thing they doing i MUST SAY. I work in an ISP environment so I know they are really making a good move and showing big commitment. Give them a breather la, 1st time putting an SEA regional server leh as i remember.

As for population is low, think about it, most of us hardcore 1 already pre-ordered long ago. Then some of us already start player few hours before officially Live announcement, then it launched on Monday night for god's sake. How many of normal gamer who didnt dare to pre-order had already gotten it? Most of the pre-ordered players also gotten theirs 1~3 days later by COD or mail Delivery.

Think about it... the "OMG is so few people playing." @_@ most of normal gamers only gotten their this weekend as in today or tomorrow. Also, please la, most of us sure is play the campaign 1st only play the Quick match ma. Plus, those who gotten earlier mostly pros already Skipped the practice league. While the rest of us still campaigning and custom gaming to avoid being PWN kau kau in quick matches.

So... how do you think there is a quick match in less than 1 minute (Officially estimated)? In around 3 minute i guess is pretty common. Plus, they complain about low population around 3rd days into the game, WTF.

Get the SEA version, u will have local support and supporting the local community scene. US 1 u can access later on also in less than 60days from launch, why not? Value fro money that u can play 2 places. Especially when if SG server is down, u can connect to US server. NOTE, US version cannot connect to SEA.
I<3LYN
post Jul 31 2010, 06:49 PM

On my way
612 posts

I dont think it is inside the faq so I'll answer your enquirers from my personal experience.

1) Latency wise, you will have barely noticeable 300~400ms delay to play on US server.
2) Looking for a quick match on SEA could be a pain. As there are currently only about 2000 games online at any time. It had indicated only 2000 to 4000 concurrent players at maximum (for a title like SC2, it is considered very low players count). Many custom maps creator have no intention to publish their maps in SEA Battle.net. The only advantage you will get to play on SEA is the network latency.
Moogle Stiltzkin
post Jul 31 2010, 07:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,009 posts

bruce.gif

This post has been edited by Moogle Stiltzkin: Jul 15 2017, 07:09 AM
LostWanderer
post Jul 31 2010, 07:38 PM

Casual
315 posts

why are ppl making a fuss when if u purchase sea version, you can access the US server abt 2 mths later?o_O
kEazYc
post Jul 31 2010, 07:38 PM

Regular
1,314 posts

QUOTE(LostWanderer @ Jul 31 2010, 07:38 PM)
why are ppl making a fuss when if u purchase sea version, you can access the US server abt 2 mths later?o_O
Yes, just get the SEA version, you won't have any regrets, and you get to play with better player in SEA too, compare to US.
kianweic
post Jul 31 2010, 09:58 PM

Work hard, play hard.
3,809 posts

Just get SEA edition since it is readily available almost everywhere in Malaysia and etc.
DeanKueh
post Jul 31 2010, 10:41 PM

Enthusiast
700 posts

Get SEA version, besides you'll be granted access to North American servers after 2 months of SC2 launch.
iorikun
post Jul 31 2010, 11:00 PM

20 posts

For Malaysians definateyl it is better for SEA since the servers are all located at Singapore

For the aussies apparently they get more lag from Singapore then West Coast so unless you live or moving out of Malaysia soon stick to SEA
TSShiningWizard
post Jul 31 2010, 11:19 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

All replies has been taken openly. Thanks everyone for providing your views.

I've decided to get a digital copy of the SC2 SEA version tomorrow. See u guys in game soon. Thanks.
kianweic
post Aug 1 2010, 10:36 PM

Work hard, play hard.
3,809 posts

QUOTE(ShiningWizard @ Jul 31 2010, 11:19 PM)
All replies has been taken openly. Thanks everyone for providing your views.

I've decided to get a digital copy of the SC2 SEA version tomorrow. See u guys in game soon. Thanks.
Please close this thread since you already made a choice.

Thank you.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0142sec    0.36    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:39 PM